ESPN - STOP! It was Cory Lidle!!!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
ESPN - STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry to see Cory Lidle pass Wednesday - I really am. Seemed like a great guy and someone who had many more interests than Baseball

BUT ENOUGH ALREADY

You cut into programming Wednesday - interrupting the ONLY show worth watching on your pathetic network (PTI) for a MILLION HOURS of coverage of his death

ENOUGH ALREADY

CORY LIDLE

Let me say that again - Cory "Average Piece of Crap pitcher" Lidle died

NOT Roger Clemens
NOT Albert Pujols
NOT Henry Aaron

but CORY FUCKING LIDLE

If Lidle played for the Royals there would have been a quick "cut in" telling us so and then NOTHING would have changed - your programming would have stayed the same but because it is someone who last played for "The Evil Empire" we get 24/7 coverage of someone who MAYBE deserved 7 minutes of coverage or 24 minutes of coverage but NOT 5+ hours. You devoted more time to him Wednesday than you have his ENTIRE MLB career - and NOT EVEN CLOSE!

I feel "sorrier" for the Toledo U kid who died the day before while playing hoops than I do Cory Lidle. At least Cory got to live a longer life than this kid. And HOW much time did ESPN devote to this kid's death

Better yet - how much time did ESPN devote to the passing of Buck O'Neil? Let's take a poll of experts asking who had the better and more important career and life - Buck or Cory? I would NOT suggest doing that because if you asked 100 people the results would probably be 99-1 in Buck's favor - if not 100-0. When Buck died recently - did ESPN cut into programming for 5 FUCKING HOURS creating a atory when there was NONE! NO! They gave him a few minutes and MOVED ON which is EXACTLY WHAT ESPN SHOULD HAVE DONE WITH CORY FUCKING LIDLE!

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill

CORY FUCKING LIDLE

Unreal and just one more reason why ESPN SUCKS - not that this was needed to show proof

Once again - very sorry he died. Sorry his wife and son lost their hubby and dad

BUT the person who died was Cory "Average Piece of Crap pitcher" Lidle

Please remember this in the future ESPN - although I doubt you will

MCP

Re: ESPN - STOP! It was Cory Lidle!!!

so length of coverage of a tragic accident should be measured by talent ?

mofome

Banned

roger clemens life isnt any more valuable than cory lidles. and cory lidles life isnt any more important than the thousands of people who pass away each day. i agree that espn is going overboard, but its not like im itching to hear stewart scott

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

so length of coverage of a tragic accident should be measured by talent ?

NO - impact on the sports world - and Lidle had ZERO impact on the spiorts of MLB world as seen by the fact he pitched for 800 teams in his short MLB career

this guy was a JOURNEYMAN AT BEST

his life and MLB career had ZERO impact on the game and world

dedicating this much time to his death is a freaking JOKE!

5 minutes - YES
5 hours - are you freaking kidding me

Roger Clemens' life isn't more important than Lidle's? once again - are you kidding me? in ALL FACETS it is - mlb especially. doing this for Clemens - i can live with it. But Cory Lidle?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

NO - impact on the sports world - and Lidle had ZERO impact on the spiorts of MLB world as seen by the fact he pitched for 800 teams in his short MLB career

this guy was a JOURNEYMAN AT BEST

his life and MLB career had ZERO impact on the game and world

dedicating this much time to his death is a freaking JOKE!

5 minutes - YES
5 hours - are you freaking kidding me

Roger Clemens' life isn't more important than Lidle's? once again - are you kidding me? in ALL FACETS it is - mlb especially. doing this for Clemens - i can live with it. But Cory Lidle?
What's sad is that our men and women die everyday in Iraq and Afghanistan and they get 1/millionth of the coverage of Corey Lidle. Goes to show the relative worth , of our fellow human beings.

We all need to celebrate life more, while we can......tell your loved ones how you feel.

mofome

Banned

tho you are being a bit of a turd right now, Roger clemens life isnt any more valuable than yours or most anyone elses. in all facets? thats simply not true. lidles family hurts more than most can imagine right now. they lost a father/husband at the age of 34 in a freak accident. you cannot quantify the value of someones life based upon god given natural, athletic, talent. well, we are all entitled to our views.

mofome

Banned

What's sad is that our men and women die everyday in Iraq and Afghanistan and they get 1/millionth of the coverage of Corey Lidle. Goes to show the relative worth , of our fellow human beings.

We all need to celebrate life more, while we can......tell your loved ones how you feel.

:cheers

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

tho you are being a bit of a turd right now, Roger clemens life isnt any more valuable than yours or most anyone elses. in all facets? thats simply not true. lidles family hurts more than most can imagine right now. they lost a father/husband at the age of 34 in a freak accident. you cannot quantify the value of someones life based upon the god given natural, athletic, talent. well, we are all entitled to our views.
Well said Mo! All life is prescious!

Hey Winky, if it bothers you that bad could you possibly change the channel? The media feeds the masses what they think you want, obviously you are not in tune with the masses, and walk your own seperate way, but there are a lot worse problems than ESPN paying tribute to a man, who happened to play baseball, crashing into a building in NY. The not another 9/11 angle also plays well. Let the guy rest in peace, superstar or journeyman should not matter.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

i am NOT disputing the fact that those who die in Iraq are more worthy of our praise and sympathy than Lidle and that in the grand scheme of things this is all overblown

all i am saying is people die everyday - famous people, too

to devote THIS MUCH COVERAGE to someone of his "stature" is stupid. do you know how much this COST ESPN? i can tell you it cost them A LOT. i know few here have ever worked at a TV station/network - but i have and at placed where time is money - is it ever - to devote this much time and this much money to his death is ludicrous and a waste

better yet - how about this?

i was working in bristol in 1991 and worked the day Magic announced he had the HIV Virus. i realize that was 15 years ago but Magic's announcement did NOT get this much coverage in a row on ESPN

anyone wanna tell me Cory Lidle's career was more newsworthy and better than Magic's and Lidle deserved more air time than Magic

as for watching - trust me - i did not - couldn't. i did flip back and forth every so often and when i tuned in at first they said something about going until 7/7:30P (PDT) with this story. i taped PTI - or set the VCR to tape at that time - and it was not on due to his death

once again - we are talking about CORY LIDLE

to devote this much time to his death is stupid. to devote 1 hour of time to his death is stupid

kidslick

EOG Dedicated

AMEN BROTHER.........

B-NUTS

EOG Senior Member

I DONT THINK WE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT WHO IT WAS BEFORE THE FAMILY....... HIS DAD JUST FINISHED A ROUND OF GOLF SAT ON THE COUCH TO WATCH ESPN AND FOUND OUT HIS SON WAS THE TOP STORY....... DEAD....... THAT SUCKS

Dickyw

EOG Senior Member

Agree with Winky

If Lidle was still a philly and his plane crashed in a corn field this would be nothing more the a headline story on sports center. The fact he was a Yankee and his plane crashed into a NY city bldg it somehow makes it more tragic.

Fact is it sucks that TWO MEN had to die and leave families behind, but the constant coverage was ridiculous.

He was a superstar to his family. If people turned off espn and didn't want to watch it, good luck. It was on every morning show and news. People die everyday . I'd much rather here about a soldier's life that died in Iraq than a pitcher dying.

[B said:
winkyduck[/b];439074]ESPN - STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me say that again - Cory "Average Piece of Crap pitcher" Lidle died
... CORY FUCKING LIDLE
...CORY FUCKING LIDLE!

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill

CORY FUCKING LIDLE
... person who died was Cory "Average Piece of Crap pitcher" Lidle

[B said:
JRock7997[/b];439233]I wonder why there is such a cold place in your heart. Come back to reality.

Yes.... I wonder also..... :+clueless

JMO... This issue does not deserve such a high level of venom.... :(

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Tell me about it once. I feel very sorry for the guy and his family.

Maybe even tell me about it once every sportscenter.

But all day long is a bit too much.

Payne Stewart did far more for this country than probably any current major leaguer. He got 1/10th this coverage.

Sean

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

I tried watching CNN this AM and there was much more coverage of this issue than of Iraq/Iran/N Korea combined.

LeeSaidSo

EOG Member

I can't believe ESPN would cut in on the stale World Domino Tournament filmed almost a year ago... I want to see the Domino instant replay again...

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted

Let's remember the news media has become nothing more then a source of entertainment, not news, and certainly not a place to go for a proper perspective, or balance on what is or should be important.<!-- / message -->