Maybe the worst coaching decision ive ever seen

mofome

Banned
mizzou has the ball 4th and goal from the four, down 6 points. they take out their best player, their QB, and bring on the fg unit. seemingly, they dont like the angle so they take a delay of game penalty on purpose, uh ok. then, 5 yards deeper than they originally were, they fake the fg and come up short. a made fg puts you within 3, a fake from the 4 gives you a much better chance at getting in, leaving your best player on the field to run an actual play gives you the best chance if you are playing for 6. this moron does none of the above. they lose 5 yards, on purpose, to fake a 28 yard fg

:+clueless

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Re: Maybe the worst coaching decision ive ever seen

that was horrible. Was watching it here in the Midwest (they turned off Ohio State and moved us tothis game!!!) And I really need Mizzou I have them in a wins only fantasy college league and every win is critical. Hope they can get the W

mofome

Banned

there is no way someone can explain something so stupid. that is something i couldnt have imagined would ever happen in the history of football. i mean, why would it? it was done on purpose. who in the world could do something that stupid on purpose.

:+peeing-5

Mizzou will lose the game by 3 or less because of that move. That's what happens when you do stupid things.

mofome

Banned

this coach is so stupid. they keep trying this slow option crap and it has no chance. but, dropping back and passing works every time, he has a week to throw

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Im big on Texas A&M moneyline.

Ill take it however I can get it :+music1-6

yeah, I didn't get to see it but man, from what I did they just gave the game away. Throwing the ball has worked VERY well all season.

Mizzou is 10 times better than aTm. Sick loss...sick.

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

i had missouri too, i knew it would probably lose when that receiver fumbled
on the 1/2 yard line after catching a 64 yard pass on the 2nd play of the game.

WYM

EOG Dedicated

had missouri big too. what the hell was the coach thinking?? glad we didnt have it on tv on the west coast!!

yeah, I was getting scores on my phone and see mizzou up 6 quickly but no extra pt and I'm like wtf! It refreshes a couple of times and I move on thinking they missed the pat. I come back a few minutes later and it's 0-0 again and I'm like WTF!

Oh well...

mofome

Banned

ASU punting with 1:27 left to a USC team that simply kneeled down, may rival this one

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

ASU punting with 1:27 left to a USC team that simply kneeled down, may rival this one

that is much worse you are right. Miss game had 11 minutes left in it and there is always a chance he could have fooled em and taken the lead on the fake. ASU have they fired that coach yet?:+signss13-

mizzou has the ball 4th and goal from the four, down 6 points. they take out their best player, their QB, and bring on the fg unit. seemingly, they dont like the angle so they take a delay of game penalty on purpose, uh ok. then, 5 yards deeper than they originally were, they fake the fg and come up short. a made fg puts you within 3, a fake from the 4 gives you a much better chance at getting in, leaving your best player on the field to run an actual play gives you the best chance if you are playing for 6. this moron does none of the above. they lose 5 yards, on purpose, to fake a 28 yard fg

......And what if they had scored a TD on fake attempt???..The answer is--THIS THREAD WOULD NOT EXIST

mofome

Banned

......And what if they had scored a TD on fake attempt???..The answer is--THIS THREAD WOULD NOT EXIST

no no, brain, they would have had a much easier time scoring, 5 yards closer. in fact, they gained 5 yards on the play, which would have been enough for the TD had they not take a 5 yard penalty on purpose.

also, "if"???

:+textinb3 :+textinb3 :+textinb3

what if a 27lb turtle crawled out the kicker ass and took the ball in for a TD?

i luv ya my man but, "if"?

if:+peeing-5

Listen " BRAINIAC"..The fact they wore moved back 5 yards made the play even more surprising..I AM GLAD MA`s BETTER YA MONDAY MORNING QB

mofome

Banned

Listen " BRAINIAC"..The fact they wore moved back 5 yards made the play even more surprising..I AM GLAD MA`s BETTER YA MONDAY MORNING QB

no no, make no mistake, it made it much, much more laughable. fact is, he had 4 yards to go and if you want to go for 6, you have a much better chance allowing your all conference caliber QB to sit back and pick someone out. simply put, the facts support what ive said and so does logic. your attitude tonight is :+whipping

moday morning QB? well, how about saying that fla would lose a game on the basis of using their time outs too soon?
:smokesmal

i know foots, i was raised around it. i know a terrible decision when i see one. as do most here. who could have called it stupid before it happened? to even think someone could be so stupid is unimaginable.

was the worst call ive ever seen.

:cheers

Dude I agree I`m just bustin ya balls sucka..Later Carnal:cheers

mofome

Banned

and i was enjoying your talks. its fun to have a back and forth, particularly with someone you enjoy reading.

:cheers

heart222

EOG Veteran

Hi Mof. Your a young guy I am probably twice + your age. Hang around awhile you will see lots of screw ups. Usually starts with prevent defense which as you may know prevents you from winning money.Smith at MSU is another genius look at the ND game. SOme pro coaches with clock management fiascos. cant they tell time. ANyhow get used it to goes with the terriotory. I had a good day yesterday Had the det/oak over at 7.5 go Ordonez I thought I was dead in the water.
Hey if your around NW Wash ChevyChase let me know buy you a beer. regards heart222

mofome

Banned

Hi Mof. Your a young guy I am probably twice + your age. Hang around awhile you will see lots of screw ups. Usually starts with prevent defense which as you may know prevents you from winning money.Smith at MSU is another genius look at the ND game. SOme pro coaches with clock management fiascos. cant they tell time. ANyhow get used it to goes with the terriotory. I had a good day yesterday Had the det/oak over at 7.5 go Ordonez I thought I was dead in the water.
Hey if your around NW Wash ChevyChase let me know buy you a beer. regards heart222

yeah ive watched a ton of football and i have a couple family members working in the NFL, been around a lot of it but this was ridiculous. the prevent does cost many teams wins, but there is a reasoning and its not unique to just one idiot. i would have to guess that no coach has ever done what this idiot did and it cost him. I figured it was impossible to be so dumb, but i was wrong.

I'd agree if they could get a first, but it was "and goal" I'm pretty sure.

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast

What makes that Mizzou fake so bad as I guess the A and M had it nailed--they were yelling fake at the line of scrimmage. Mizzou calls timeout and A and M sniffed it out again.

Too bad a talented team like Mizzou is coached like that--