ok, a quick write up for the thursday night, ACC game. (UVA/UNC)

mofome

Banned
UVA/UNC

This game is more interesting for the implication it could have for next season, than anything these teams may be able to accomplish next year.

UNC’s joe Bunting is on the hot seat and several huge recruits may now be rethinking their position, dwight jones being their biggest comit who is now opening things up a bit. WR is certainly an area of concern for the tarheels, losing andarius bowman 2 years ago was a big loss, just look at what hes done at OKST.

Right now its obvious that UVA doesn’t have the ability to stop any teams starting 11, should those 11 players possess a pulse.. The good news is, they don’t have to worry about that this weekend. Last week UVA lost to the Terps, at home, for the first time in over 10 years and this may be the worst terps team we’ve seen since CRF has been in college park. UMD put up more ypp on UVA than they did vs MidTn or fla int’l. Fortunately for UVA, the tarheels only have one player with more than 1TD and no true big play threat. UNC only has 1 WR who averages 3+ catches per game and neither one of their Qbs has more than half as many TDs as INTs. After starting off with a good performance vs Rutgers, UNC has, seemingly, gotten worse each week. A team that’s losing confidence and, likely, doesn’t believe their coach will be back, is a team that’s hard to bet on. Then we take a look at the fact that UNC has only put up 14 points in their 2 road games and we see a bit of a problem for the tarheels; granted, those games were at Miami and @ Clemson.

So we have unc, on the road, in conference, vs a team that has to win. I would assume that UNC would hope this game was a noon start, perhaps catching UVA sleep walking, but this is a night game on ESPN. UVA has recruited reasonably well and does have some talent on Defense. In this game we will see a fired up UVA defense infront of a packed house, vs one of the worst teams in any BCS conference. Im thinking that UVA will be able to get off the field on D. Certainly UNC isn’t going to be able to just drop back and pass at any point in the game and that’s a bit of a concern considering their 80th in ther nation in rushing offense. UNC is trying to adjust to a new zone blocking scheme but, obviously, its not working at the moment. The 80th rushing D in the land, complimenting a freshman QB, is a recipe for disaster anywhere, much less in a nationally televised game on the road. The biggest obstacle for the UVA d will be Sextons mobility and sexton isn’t a QB who likes to run, though he has some ability to move outside the pocket and get away from some pressure.

So we’ve got a team that we don’t expect to put up many points in UNC. Now we’ve got to look at their Defense vs the UVA offense. Quickly, we see that UNC doesn’t stack up well on this side of the ball either. UNC ranks 100th in the nation in total defense and 115th in scoring defense. UVA may not have a ton of talent on the offensive side, but snelling has put up 4.7 ypc on 63 attempts and ogletree gives UVA a very good possession type WR. UVA will also be starting a fresh QB, but one that’s show the ability to limit mistakes, posting a 3:2 TD to INT ratio. Not numbers that are exactly eye-popping, but hes been getting the job done. UVA likes to use the short passing game with the freshman taking the snaps.

If UVA can keep from making the huge mistakes vs a defense, that ranks 100th in the nation, they shouldn’t have trouble pulling away in this contest. Emotion and confidence very much play a roll in football and UVA will be infront of a packed house this weekend vs a team that is struggling mightily with their identity as a team on both sides of the ball. Freshman are going to struggle and with UNCs inability to run, they figure to put a lot of pressure on their young QB to make plays on 3rd and long which will be tough in a hostile environment. Then, if UNC falls behind, UVA doesn’t have to respect any threat in the tarheel rushing game and will be able to simply rush the passer.

Last week UNC gave up 6.0 ypp, at home, vs South florida; they are headed in a poor direction. With the emotion of a home, conference, nationally televised game, I expect UVA to roll over UNC.

UNC hasn’t won in Charlottesville since 1981 and that wont change this in 2006. get this one while the line sits at:
UVA -6.5 -105

bol

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: ok, a quick write up for the friday night, ACC game. (UVA/UNC)

Who do you like Mo?

mofome

Banned

Who do you like Mo?

my pick is on the bottom of my write up; UVA

first game ive taken much time to think about, we'll see how it goes.

schulz415

EOG Member

I agree with you mo VA -6.5:+thumbs-2

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

my pick is on the bottom of my write up; UVA

first game ive taken much time to think about, we'll see how it goes.

Already on it. Cool!

mofome

Banned

Already on it. Cool!

bol to u MC, and congrats on the nice start. i just noticed how well you've been doing.

:cheers

Twoniner

EOG Addicted
Re: ok, a quick write up for the thursday night, ACC game. (UVA/UNC)

On this one early as well MO. I agree that Virginia should be playing tough here. They acknowledged this would be a rebuilding year and struggled mightily early on, but I think they should be hyped for any game they have a good shot at winning and the Thursday night game vs a conference foe will only add to it. Let's cash it.

sabian06

EOG Dedicated

Mo-Man on it also my man thanks for the writeup too:cheers

mofome

Banned

On this one early as well MO. I agree that Virginia should be playing tough here. They acknowledged this would be a rebuilding year and struggled mightily early on, but I think they should be hyped for any game they have a good shot at winning and the Thursday night game vs a conference foe will only add to it. Let's cash it.

yeah, they were killing MD last week before in the first. former #1 rated LB in the nation, EJ henderson, returned a pic 45 yards to give the terps an 8 point lead in the 4th. sewell did well to get them a td and give the cavs a chance to tie it up late, but they failed on the 2pnt conversion. with 2Tds and ont Int last week, sewell had his best game and averaged 11.3 yards per att. overall, the cavs were able to put up 7.6 ypp.

mofome

Banned

UVA/UNC

UNC hasn?t won in Charlottesville since 1981 and that wont change in 2006. get this one while the line sits at:
UVA -6.5 -105

bol

had a tough time pasting this over from Word. needed a small edit there.

mofome

Banned

tonights the night

im the real shortbus

Mofome, I live in NC myself, and I can safely say it should be no problem putting away these Tarheels this year. Goodluck, and thanks for the read.

EDIT: The line is at -6 right now at Bet Jamaica if anyone has an account with them.

Last edited:

mofome

Banned

thanks mug. the line has gone to -6.5 (-109) at pinny now.

bol tonight

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

Im so there....hope it plays out just like your great wirite-up

mofome

Banned

newman! glad to see ya, and happy to be on the same side.

Lawman, i saw your post in the "tech problems" thread.
:+whipping

lol bol to the both of you.

line is now 7 at pinny.

everybody and their brother is betting UVA yet the line hasn't moved..hmmm.

mofome

Banned

everybody and their brother is betting UVA yet the line hasn't moved..hmmm.

the line has moved from UVA -7 (+100) to UVA -7 (-106) in the last 30 minutes at pinny.
it was 6 at one point this week, -6.5 earlier today.

mofome

Banned

back to +100

20 seconds later its -101

:+friendly

420 hits???? Thats 10 views and 410 mofo clicks:D ........Seriously- Nice write up buddy

mofome

Banned

420 hits???? Thats 10 views and 410 mofo clicks:D ........Seriously- Nice write up buddy

:+signs11-

lol, thats not all that many views, the thread is a day old. hopefully UVA cashes and then we all
:+excited-

Hope so buddy...the way I see it-I do not worry about tomorrow much less "next year"..Everygame is "MY SUPERBOWL"..I see 2 teams that suck bad..NC sucks bigger and is the visitor...I am not petey pointsweater---VIRGINIA ML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..-Jojo

mofome

Banned

Hope so buddy...the way I see it-I do not worry about tomorrow much less "next year"..Everygame is "MY SUPERBOWL"..I see 2 teams that suck bad..NC sucks bigger and is the visitor...I am not petey pointsweater---VIRGINIA ML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..-Jojo

the next year mattered about none in the write up. that was just a mention of something that matters about this game, but not the outcome. implications down the line. neither of these teams will make a bowl game but, you can bet your ass that these coaches are thinking about their recruiting class right now. my uncle/godfather coached college foots for 25+ years, they like to impress recruits and its a constant on their mind.

also, at no point did i say that recruits or anything about next year would play a role in tonights outcome.
somebody didnt read

:(

UNC has played just as I expected them to this game. To bad Bowling Green is fucking my night up.

mofome

Banned

UNC showed little heart
UNC made mistakes
Sewell took care of the ball and continued to improve
yadda yadda

as we thought

DAMN...THE SHRINK SHOULD PAY YOU FOR THAT ONE...:+thumbs-2 :cheers

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

nice; well-thought-out write-up..!!

and nice ticket cash..!!

get hot stay hot; be hot; hotness..!!!

yeah!!!!!

gl

:smokesmal :cool: :p