GUY WAS ASKED HOW COULD HE VOTE FOR BUSH A SECOND TIME

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Re: GUY WAS ASKED HOW COULD HE VOTE FOR BUSH A SECOND TIME

Nobody could have done more damage to our country and the world than GWB!

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

We shall likely wish we would have had the people choice in office. Al Gore.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Who woulda thunk in this day and age....a person could win the presidency by having his own brother fix the results. If we had a one person, one vote rule in our country.....it would be a whole lot harder to steal an election.

PRESIDENT VOTE 2000
Bush... 50,456,002....47.87%
Gore....50,999,897....48.38% **

And it help Bush to have a brother govenor of Florida, Like Al Gore or not
I dont think we would be sending our sons to slaughter in Iraq if he would of been president.

The Devil

EOG Master

WRIGLEY..........IF IT WASN'T FOR AL GORE WE WOUND'T BE CHATTING ON THE NET EITHER.................

MAYBE WE SHOULD ELIMINATE THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE TO GET A DEMOCRAT PRESIDENT.............

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

If it wasn't for the Electoral College we would be stuck with whatever president New York and California chose for us every four years. That's not cool.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

If it wasn't for the Electoral College we would be stuck with whatever president New York and California chose for us every four years. That's not cool.
No. 100% inaccurate. It's just the opposite. Now, if you are a Republican in New York or California, your vote is going to mean as much as anybody's. Now, there would be no meaningless votes, anywhere. If you're a Dem in Alabama, your vote counts. Everybody's vote and state would mean as much if you live in a city of 100 or a city of 10,000,000. It is amazing that the antiquated system , thought up when very few were literate, is still in place. What happened to our so-called democracy that Dummya espouses all over? It's not even remotely true in our country. This is not a Republican/Democratic issue.....this is societal issue that needs fixing.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

No. 100% inaccurate. It's just the opposite. Now, if you are a Republican in New York or California, your vote is going to mean as much as anybody's. Now, there would be no meaningless votes, anywhere. If you're a Dem in Alabama, your vote counts. Everybody's vote and state would mean as much if you live in a city of 100 or a city of 10,000,000. It is amazing that the antiquated system , thought up when very few were literate, is still in place. What happened to our so-called democracy that Dummya espouses all over? It's not even remotely true in our country. This is not a Republican/Democratic issue.....this is societal issue that needs fixing.

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

OK, so the 4 most populus states (NY,CA,FL,TX) will have the most say in whose president, meaning the entire midwest would likely not make much of a differece IMO. Maybe it is not the perfect system but it has worked fine until the left got hosed because of it. Candidates would not even worry about Mississippi or Alabama. They would just try and get as many votes in the 4 most pop. states. States that lean heavily in one direction could lower voting ages pass laws to allow more people to vote to try to affect an election.

dirty

EOG Master

This is 100% Accurate.... if not for the eloctoral College Candidates would only Campaign in NY, Cali, Texas and Illinois...where the Biggest Cities are and NY, Chi, and LA are Highly Democratic...if you win those 4 states you will Most likely win the election.... It means noone outside of the top 10 Most populous states means shit.... Our founding fathers set this Election process up for a reason.... WE ARE NOT A DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY!!!!! WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE GET THAT THRU YOUR HEADS!!!!! ANYONE THAT SAYS WE ARE A DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY IS A GODDAMN IDIOT!!!! WE ARE A FEDERALIST REPUBLIC OF FREE STATES!!! EACH STATE HAS ELECTORAL COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVES THAT VOTE THE WAY THE STATE VOTES!!!! THE NUMBER OR REPRESENTATIVES ON THE COLLEGE IS BASED ON POPULATION!!!! THEIR VOTES ARE NOT DETERMINED BY WHAT PEOPLE DO IN OTHER STATES, AND THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE.... IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE PEOPLE.... LEARN YOUR HISTORY AND READ THE FUCKING CONSTITUTION!!!! THE ONLY PART OF THIS COUNTRY IS LOCAL ELECTIONS AND STATE ELECTIONS...AND THOSE ARE SET UP BY LOCAL AND STATE GOVERNMENTS...NOT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.... AGAIN READ THE CONSTITUTION....IF YOU WANT MOB RULES DEMOCRATIC VOTE GET YOUR ASS SOMEWHERE ELSE

WRIGLEY..........IF IT WASN'T FOR AL GORE WE WOUND'T BE CHATTING ON THE NET EITHER.................

MAYBE WE SHOULD ELIMINATE THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE TO GET A DEMOCRAT PRESIDENT.............

If it wasnt for hanging chads and the fact his brother was govenor of Florida Bush would not be president.

Best political ad of the year and many republicans will pay the price on Tuesday because of Bush

YouTube - September Fund: Bush ad

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Wrigley ... Proud of ya!

More for the fact that you are telling the Right to stick their bullshit than anything to do w/Bush

I saw this MFer in Austin and feared when his ass started running ... SCREW THIS BULLSHIT.. TIME TO TAKE BACK THIS COUNTRY!!

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

OK, so the 4 most populus states (NY,CA,FL,TX) will have the most say in whose president, meaning the entire midwest would likely not make much of a differece IMO. Maybe it is not the perfect system but it has worked fine until the left got hosed because of it. Candidates would not even worry about Mississippi or Alabama. They would just try and get as many votes in the 4 most pop. states. States that lean heavily in one direction could lower voting ages pass laws to allow more people to vote to try to affect an election.
What scares you all so much about every person having an equal say in who is going to be President? Can't you all see the rationale about one citizen's vote having equal worth whereever he resides? And how would those 4 states' voters be any different than the votes in Mississippi or Alabama? Where the one man, one vote justifies everything is where the people who live in states know where the majority are voting.....this would make EVERYBODY'S vote valuable.

The Devil

EOG Master

ZZ, CAN'T YOU SEE WHERE IF A GUY WINS 7 OR 8 KEY STATES HE IS PRESIDENT...............HE DOESN'T NEED 1 VOTE FROM ANY OF THE OTHER 42 STATES.....

THEY WAY THE SYSTEM IS SET UP IT IS POSSIBLE FOR A GUY TO LOSE THE POPULAR VOTE BY 20,000,000 VOTES AND STILL BE PRESIDENT.......

The Devil

EOG Master

I WILL CORRECT MYSELF....

YOU CAN WIN CALIF,FLA,ILL,NY,OHIO,PENN,TEX,MICH,GA,NJ AND NC........11 STATES AND BE PRESIDENT......

YOU CAN WIN ALL THOSE STATES BY SAY 10,000 VOTES AND NOT GET ONE SINGLE POPULAR VOTE FROM ANY OTHER STATE AND STILL WIN........

THAT IS WRONG.......

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

YOU CAN WIN CALIF,FLA,ILL,NY,OHIO,PENN,TEX,MICH,GA,NJ AND NC........11 STATES AND BE PRESIDENT......

YOU CAN WIN ALL THOSE STATES BY SAY 10,000 VOTES AND NOT GET ONE SINGLE POPULAR VOTE FROM ANY OTHER STATE AND STILL WIN........

THAT IS WRONG.......
Exactly. That's what I am saying. I can't believe you and I, of all people are the only ones agreeing on this. I don't know why everyone isn't agreeing, as well.

dirty

EOG Master

ZZ, CAN'T YOU SEE WHERE IF A GUY WINS 7 OR 8 KEY STATES HE IS PRESIDENT...............HE DOESN'T NEED 1 VOTE FROM ANY OF THE OTHER 42 STATES.....

THEY WAY THE SYSTEM IS SET UP IT IS POSSIBLE FOR A GUY TO LOSE THE POPULAR VOTE BY 20,000,000 VOTES AND STILL BE PRESIDENT.......

THAT IS WRONG.......

exactly Devil.... The presidency should not be decided by 11 states.... it should be decided by all 50....And our Founding fathers understood this.... The People in Idaho have just as much say with the electoral college as the ones in other states. It is a Tried and True system.....

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

exactly Devil.... The presidency should not be decided by 11 states.... it should be decided by all 50....And our Founding fathers understood this.... The People in Idaho have just as much say with the electoral college as the ones in other states. It is a Tried and True system.....
There you go again.....100% incorrect. If every person's vote counted, instead of just the majority vote-getters vote, that would be fair. So, if you are a Republican in New York or California....your vote would now mean as much as a Democrat's vote....instead of being meaningless....I don't understand how you guys do not get this.....a person living in an igloo in Nome would have as much value in voting as a person living in a penthouse in new York. This is simple, fair and just right.

dirty

EOG Master

If it wasnt for hanging chads and the fact his brother was govenor of Florida Bush would not be president.

Best political ad of the year and many republicans will pay the price on Tuesday because of Bush

YouTube - September Fund: Bush ad

Well if it were not for the Hanging Chad then Tons of Gores votes in the Recount would not have counted.... That is how he got most of the votes in contested areas with Chads that were not all the way poked thru. And he still lost the Popular vote in FLA and he Conceded and admitted he lost Fla until recently when he is trying to rewrite History. And no matter how many people recounted Bush still won

Amazing how people try to rewrite History after it is out of the public light for a few years.... totally amazing...

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

Every State in the country should matter ZZ. Not just the ones with the most people. I wonder, if Bush hadn't won in 2000 and it had been reversed how many of you would be saying the same shit now? Still got sour grapes 6 years later. You complain about Bush changing the Constitution but you're ready to do it as soon as Gore loses an election? That's funny.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Bettor: Bush called the Constitution a "god damned piece of paper.."

dirty

EOG Master

There you go again.....100% incorrect. If every person's vote counted, instead of just the majority vote-getters vote, that would be fair. So, if you are a Republican in New York or California....your vote would now mean as much as a Democrat's vote....instead of being meaningless....I don't understand how you guys do not get this.....a person living in an igloo in Nome would have as much value in voting as a person living in a penthouse in new York. This is simple, fair and just right.

And I don't understand how you can't fathom the Idea that No matter if it is one vote for one person....The Number of Democrats in the Biggest cities outnumber the Republicans by so much that the people that voted republican in smaller states will not make up the Difference....

you are telling me they are 10 milliion people in NY and 7 million Democrats.... so the 500k in Idaho, and the 350 k in Wyoming, etc... is going to make up this huge gap, and this is not counting the Democrats in these states :+clueless and this is not even talking about the how big the gap gets if you add Los Angelas, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, and other Traditionally strong Democratic Strongholds (yes atlanta is Democratic..it is the rest of North GA that is Staunch republican). The Population in these other states will not make up the difference.... it has been proven that this is the case..

And ONce this Huge gap is created by the big cities ...... then you figure in Most other states are usually no more than 60/40 one way or the other....there is no way to close the gap.... it Makes People outside of the Major cities votes not matter..... It does not turn into a One vote one person because the other states have so little population that no matter what they do the difference can't be made up... sometimes even if they voted 75% or greater one way or the other.... It is just not fair for those guys in SMaller states votes not to mean anything because NY, LA, Chi etc gives One party such a huge lead it can't be overcome..... And when that happens then people don't vote....Then you have a country ran be a few states and the Politicians quit caring about the rest of them....

Again you will prolly still not see this....and that is fine... but Democracy does not work.... it has been tried.... over and over in History.....

dirty

EOG Master

Bettor: Bush called the Constitution a "god damned piece of paper.."

And what does that have to do with anything...:+clueless Last I checked it was still in place...our Court system was still going strong and Elections are being held as scheduled on Tuesday....:whatever:

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Again you will prolly still not see this....and that is fine... but Democracy does not work.... it has been tried.... over and over in History.....
I do see it and agree with your conclusion about democracy. But how you're playing voodoo with the votes is beyond me. Just look at the last election, Bush won with more votes overall. So that negates any argument about big states and small states. Everybody's vote would count the same no matter where they live and would make EVERYBODY'S vote count. Simple.

The Devil

EOG Master

I would like to see a percentage of each states electoral votes going with the same percentage of the popular votes.....

Calif 55 electoral votes......Candidate A----8 million votes

candidate B----3 million votes

A gets 40 votes B gets 15 votes........... this way everyone counts....

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

I would like to see a percentage of each states electoral votes going with the same percentage of the popular votes.....

i think a few states already do this, colorado and nebraska come to mind.

The Devil

EOG Master

I DON'T REMEMBER EVER SEEING A SPLIT ELECTORAL VOTE.....

NEVER BEEN TO THE ACTUAL VOTING....BUT ON TV I SEE THEM SAY AND SONSOS 8 VOTES GO TO XXXXX...NEVER 6 TO XXXX AND 2 TO YYYYY

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

How would that be any different than counting each vote? BTW, very impressed with your reasoning this morning Devil, unlike your co-hort Dirty.....LOL.

The Devil

EOG Master

ZZ, YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THIS WAS SET UP 230 YEARS AGO WHEN THERE WERE ONLY 13 STATES.........PROBABLY MANY SECTIONS OF THE CONSTITUTION SHOULD BE REWRITTEN....BUT THE PROCESS OF 38 STATES RATIFING MAKES A LOT OF THE POINTS MUTE......

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

I DON'T REMEMBER EVER SEEING A SPLIT ELECTORAL VOTE.....

NEVER BEEN TO THE ACTUAL VOTING....BUT ON TV I SEE THEM SAY AND SONSOS 8 VOTES GO TO XXXXX...NEVER 6 TO XXXX AND 2 TO YYYYY

i might be wrong, but i thought those 2 states did, i'll look it up later.

ynot

EOG Dedicated

ZZ, YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THIS WAS SET UP 230 YEARS AGO WHEN THERE WERE ONLY 13 STATES.........PROBABLY MANY SECTIONS OF THE CONSTITUTION SHOULD BE REWRITTEN....BUT THE PROCESS OF 38 STATES RATIFING MAKES A LOT OF THE POINTS MUTE......[/quote

Oh you wou;d have made such a "made politian" thru-out history.

:Dance :Dance :Dance

The Devil

EOG Master

ZZ, YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THIS WAS SET UP 230 YEARS AGO WHEN THERE WERE ONLY 13 STATES.........PROBABLY MANY SECTIONS OF THE CONSTITUTION SHOULD BE REWRITTEN....BUT THE PROCESS OF 38 STATES RATIFING MAKES A LOT OF THE POINTS MUTE......[/quote

Oh you wou;d have made such a "made politian" thru-out history.

:Dance :Dance :Dance

IF I KNEW WHAT YOU SAID OR MEANT, I WOULD ANSWER YOU.........

This would be the EXACT same result as if you did away with the electoral college!!!
Electoral college ONLY matters as it is, and it should be TRASHED!!!!! Not JUST b/c it fucked Al Gore, but b/c the PEOPLE should decide the president; NOT the states!!