Republicans Anti Gambling Bill Hurt Votes

dirty

EOG Master
Re: Republicans Anti Gambling Bill Hurt Votes

good read.... and it is showing in the polls too especially with leach....and Kyl was close

The Devil

EOG Master

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE THEY WILL START TO SEE PEOPLE WANT THE RIGHT TO GAMBLE THEIR OWN MONEY............

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

,,too much kissin' arse to "family value" religious right; need to get back to true conservatism; individual rights!!! (which would never allow for anti-gamblin' bill..!!)

jmho

gl

:rolleyes:

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

The spin is perfect by the media.

The Republicans span too much to the right and lost in the center.

That's Great News.

Thump That Bible Thumpers!!

Down Goes Frist!!

Down Goes Leach!!

Never to Rise Again in Politics!!!

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

The Republicans span too much to the right and lost in the center.

that is exactly what they did. incredibly stupid. just mind knumbingly stupid.

considering how close the last two senate races are and how many votes swung to democrats over this anti-gambling issue it isnt a stretch at all to say this issue cost the Klan, I mean republicans, control of the senate.

Good, fuck them

:+music1-6

The bulk of conservative democrats who have switched to the republican party over the last 30 years did so because they believed in a limited role for government.

The republicans lost sight of that and did exactly what the democrats did 3 decades ago. They began to push the agenda of special interest groups namely the religious right.

Now the democrats need to understand that. If they take this election as some type of mandate to return the tax and spend liberalism of the 1960's they will be out as quickly as they got in.

Take a hint lawmakers ... the american people want a government of limited intervention and interference of our liberty.

Take a hint lawmakers ... the american people want a government of limited intervention and interference of our liberty.

Absolutely.

Goodlatte, idiot that he is, still thinks online gambling is a niche voting group and is worth sacrificing to gain the votes of the moral crusaders and in the name of family values.

Well guess what, the online gambling issue hits home with a huge amount of voters and is a lot bigger than the Southern Baptists influence. Fool.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

people who know I gamble on the internet have all asked me about this and ALL of them have told me they think its a stupid issue the government should not be involved in. I tell them to vote democrat.

so it is a much wider circle than just internet gamblers against this bill and the peoiple responsible for it. its their friends and family too.

Absolutely.

Goodlatte, idiot that he is, still thinks online gambling is a niche voting group and is worth sacrificing to gain the votes of the moral crusaders and in the name of family values.

Well guess what, the online gambling issue hits home with a huge amount of voters and is a lot bigger than the Southern Baptists influence. Fool.

And we need to make 1 party understand that. Once a political party realizes that there is a larger block against this than for it they will stop pushing so hard. As long as they remain convinced the election was all about Iraq we are only slightly better with the democrats in charge. Bring back gridlock.

I saw Bush called Frist this am. I hope the first thing out of Bush's mouth was "you stupid idiot".

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

need to get back to true conservatism; individual rights!!!
I really hope that is now the plan Kelp. They have gotten away from that big time. Hopefully last ight was a painfull lesson, and the party can go back to where it needs to be.

hallteresa

EOG Member

I'm new to this forum, but what an excellent read! I find it interesting that republicans are so anti gambling, but aren't they the ones that love money so much??

I'm new to this forum, but what an excellent read! I find it interesting that republicans are so anti gambling, but aren't they the ones that love money so much??

They are just courting the religious right. They take a stand as anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, pro prayer in school versus the democrats. It gets nearly every minister in the country telling their flocks to go vote republican. The Republicans either can't or really don't want to solve the abortion or prayer issue but every now and then they must prove themselves. They thought this was a harmless issue they could appease their "american taliban" with.

I'm not sure myslef what level of harm it did. I myself a republican voted straight democratic as a protest. And that was it, a protest against the way this bill was hammered home. Have no clue if it helped but it made me feel good.

Now I'm left with a democratic congress that will no doubt piss me off as well. I just hope they leave my poker and sports alone.

Sooner or later we have to rise up and bash these gerrymandered election laws that prevent a 3rd party from gaining any real power. Neither the republicans or democrats have ANY interest in that.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

Welcome to EOG. :thumbsup

dirty

EOG Master

Welcome to EOG :party

hallteresa

EOG Member

Sooner or later we have to rise up and bash these gerrymandered election laws that prevent a 3rd party from gaining any real power. Neither the republicans or democrats have ANY interest in that.

Or maybe just get the democrats and republicans to get their heads out of their asses!

Thanks for the welcomes!

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Thanks for coming aboard Hall and to everyone, I think we still have letters and calls to make to the new Congress, letting them know we don't like prohibition and we will kick them out, too if they don't get it.