I'LL START, I SAY MICHIGAN PLAYED WELL ENOUGH IN THERE LOSS TO OSU TO GET A REMATCH.

gmon

EOG Senior Member
ALRIGHT BOYS AND GIRLS, LETS GET THIS DISCUSSION STOKED UP.
YOU CAN'T SAY MICHIGAN DOES NOT DESERVE ANOTHER SHOT AT OHIO STATE. THEY PLAYED THE #1 TEAM IN THE COUNTRY, ON THE ROAD AND LOST A TOUGH GAME BY THREE POINTS. ALL THAT IN SPITE OF LLOYD CARR.
WE ALL KNOW OSU IS BETTER, BEING A SEVEN POINT FAV TELLS YOU THAT.
THE ONLY OTHER TEAM THAT COULD DESERVE MENTION, WOULD BE THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. IF CARROLLS BOYS SLAP CALIFORNIA AND LAY A LICK ON NOTRE DAME, THEN WE'LL HAVE TO HAVE A LITTLE SIT DOWN.

SO LETS HEAR IT. :+signs8-7

MCP

Re: I'LL START, I SAY MICHIGAN PLAYED WELL ENOUGH IN THERE LOSS TO OSU TO GET A REMATCH.

I'll say they dont deserve it.

Ohio St outplayed them, the final score ended up closer than the game was..

they got a backdoor garbage TD on a questionable pass interference call

if the final was 42-31... would you be yelling rematch ?? doubtful

and oh by the way... they didnt win their conference... they dont deserve a shot.

and what happens if there was a rematch... and michigan won.... would you declare them national champs?? I wouldnt.

mofome

Banned
Re: I'LL START, I SAY MICHIGAN PLAYED WELL ENOUGH IN THERE LOSS TO OSU TO GET A REMATCH.

i say no. they scored a TD with no time outs left and down 11 with 2minutes left. backdoored the cover but OSU was clearly the better team. Michigan had a chance to beat OSU, they didnt. Mich beats them once and loses to them once, but the only one that matters is the latter?

OSU deserves to play someone else, they beat michigan and that should end that chapter.

MCP

Ohio State vs USC

and Ohio state will win by DD

The Devil

EOG Master

they don't deserve a rematch......

I agree with what you are saying but THIS WAS THEIR CHANCE.

Had this been one of the first few games of the season, I'd be with you, but it's not.

If they can't do it now, they can't do it next time.

Someone else deserves a shot IMO...even though they MAY be the second best team.

It's like having a playoff system where you have conference championships to determine who moves on. People say it's not fair because if you lose to the best team in the Conference Championship game, you're OUT for the playoffs even though you might be better than the rest of the teams getting in from other conferences. WELL SO WHAT. The playoff wouldn't be to determine who is second best. It's to determine who is THE BEST, and if you lost already, then you're not it. Of course, the whole "at large bids" thing brought up may allow for someone to get a second chance if it was CLEAR CUT in that instance, but I think you know what I'm saying.

They lost. They can have second place if they want to claim it, but they just had their chance at first.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

no chance Michigan should get a rematch. they played like fools in the first half, Defense not ready to stop anything. they are one of the pretty decent 1 loss teams and that is it. Seems like USC or N Dame (yes N Dame over Michigan)

mcp lemme guess...ur from ohio...

:mutley

opotus

EOG Veteran

How fair would it be to OSU if Mich beat them in the rematch? So they split the games, and Mich gets #1? Not sure that's fair, even if it's on a neutral field. (OSU controlled them better than a 3-pt victory)

opotus

EOG Veteran

I say have them play Boise State, then OSU will be the only undefeated team, and just like the days of old (see: BYU), they'd get the #1... LOL

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Re: I'LL START, I SAY MICHIGAN PLAYED WELL ENOUGH IN THERE LOSS TO OSU TO GET A REMAT

Re: I'LL START, I SAY MICHIGAN PLAYED WELL ENOUGH IN THERE LOSS TO OSU TO GET A REMAT

questionable pass interference call??

Like saying it "is was questionable that OJ killed his wife"

Great game and clearly the 2 best teams in the nation and I hate
rematches because Michigan wins and they have split ... so who
then is the best team??

OSU vs USC ... should be good for around 75 pts

waco

EOG Dedicated

No way there should be a rematch. we know who is the better team. I want to see USC win the rest of their games and see them play Ohio ST. If you like Ohio State, get on them early, because this line will go up.

No rematch Michigan had their chance , USC or Notre Dame will get the next shot at them.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Unless you win your conference you have no right to play for the national conference. Its simple. For weeks, we have heard that the regular season would mean nothing if they had a playoff system. Well, with your reasoning, the regular season still means nothing. After the first drive of the game, Michigan was outplayed in every facet of the game. There was not a time when I though Michigan had a chance to win the game outright. Dont let the final score fool you, Michigan does not deserve the right to get a second bite at the apple.

I'll say they dont deserve it.

Ohio St outplayed them, the final score ended up closer than the game was..

I unfortunately must agree.... The Wolverines came nowhere near to deserving a rematch....

Michigan was even spotted 7 points upfront, plus they were also given 3 turnovers -- and Ohio State still won the game easily... :rolleyes:

Ohio State clearly has the superior team...

There's been a lotta yappin' about Ohio State and Michigan possibly having the best 2 college football teams in the nation....

Now it's time for both teams to go their separate ways -- Championship Game and Rose Bowl -- possibly proving that the Big Ten did have the best 2 teams.... {Playing each other again would prove nothing -- perhaps denying a more deserving team a championship opportunity.}

OTOH, if Michigan craps the bed again in the Rose Bowl, then it's time to get that clown Lloyd Carr out of town... :cool:

Michigan will always be 2nd fiddle {or worse in the Big Ten} under Lloyd Carr.... :(

So Michigan loses to the #1 team in the land by 3 points (or 11pts, who cares) on THE ROAD for their only loss...

but you want to give a team that lost to unranked Oregon State a shot?

Certainly doesn't seem fair to me.

Are we trying to decide the best matchup, the matchup that will get the best ratings, or the true 2nd best team based on their performance throughout the year.

If we're going by the true 2nd best team, I certainly don't see how USC is more deserving. Do you think Oregon State is a better team than Ohio State?

You're punishing Michgan for playing Ohio State late in the season, not solely on the outcome of the game.

Picture this...

Texas doesnt have a setback at Kansas State and wins convincingly.
USC loses to Cal.
Florida loses to some other scrub team.

There would be very few people that would say Texas shouldn't get the nod (as most were saying, assuming they went undefeated the rest of the way, that they were the 5th best team in the land (behind OSU, Michigan, USC and Florida).

What exactly is the difference between Texas in that situation and Michigan in this situation OTHER than the DATE that they lost to Ohio State?

OSU and Michigan 1 and 2 in latest BCS but USC a close 3rd so if they beat ND could still could go past Michigan

mofome

Banned

"do you think oregon state is better than ohio state"

no, i but i also dont think oregon state is as good as cal, who USC beat. Cal beat OSU by 90.

that reasoning doesnt serve much purpose.

michigan had a chance to beat OSU, they were never really a threat to win the game. i would like to see OSU play someone else. if ark/fla/usc all lose a game, i would take michigan over ND, obviously. but i would not like it if mich got some big breaks, beat OSU and won the national title.
just my opinion.

XO

ALRIGHT BOYS AND GIRLS, LETS GET THIS DISCUSSION STOKED UP.
YOU CAN'T SAY MICHIGAN DOES NOT DESERVE ANOTHER SHOT AT OHIO STATE. THEY PLAYED THE #1 TEAM IN THE COUNTRY, ON THE ROAD AND LOST A TOUGH GAME BY THREE POINTS. ALL THAT IN SPITE OF LLOYD CARR.
WE ALL KNOW OSU IS BETTER, BEING A SEVEN POINT FAV TELLS YOU THAT.
THE ONLY OTHER TEAM THAT COULD DESERVE MENTION, WOULD BE THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. IF CARROLLS BOYS SLAP CALIFORNIA AND LAY A LICK ON NOTRE DAME, THEN WE'LL HAVE TO HAVE A LITTLE SIT DOWN.

SO LETS HEAR IT. :+signs8-7

I agree.Think on a neutral feild,and extra time to prepare,Mich,USC,Texas are the teams I would give a chance to

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

USC's non-conf sked has ALL 3 teams they played either going to BCS games or playing for the chance to do so - 2 playing in conf titles games and unless ND gets beaten by 70 they are a LOCK for a BCS game

as for the OSU/Michigan game

maybe the BIGGEST BLOWOUT of a 3-point game EVER

Michigan NEVER gave the impression they were going to win this one - NEVER

tougher Non-conf sked gives USC a HUGE edge

USC wins out they SHOULD play Jan 8

then again they got fucked a few years ago when they GAVE OU the Sigar Bowl win over LSU

look at it this way - if they had a playoff system for the last 5 years - including this one

USC would have been the 3-time DEFENDING champs in the Rose Bowl game vs Texass - ZERO arguing this point - and thus they would have 3 champs and 1 runner-up the last 4 years

as DOMINANT a stretch as there has EVER been in CFB - especially figuring all the balance there is today - via scholarship limits - something they never had before thus the powerhouses could put studs on the bench instead of having them play for someone else - something that DOES NOT happen today

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

USC has an inherit right from the last 4 years to get a shot at the trophy. I am not certain they will win out, but if they do, then they deserve their chance just as Michigan did.

And so did these teams.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Sep 2</TD><TD align=middle>Northern Illinois</TD><TD align=middle>Won 35-12</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Sep 9</TD><TD align=middle>@Texas</TD><TD align=middle>Won 24-7</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Sep 16</TD><TD align=middle>Cincinnati</TD><TD align=middle>Won 37-7</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Sep 23</TD><TD align=middle>Penn St.</TD><TD align=middle>Won 28-6</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Sep 30</TD><TD align=middle>@Iowa</TD><TD align=middle>Won 38-17</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Oct 7</TD><TD align=middle>Bowling Green</TD><TD align=middle>Won 35-7</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Oct 14</TD><TD align=middle>@Michigan St.</TD><TD align=middle>Won 38-7</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Oct 21</TD><TD align=middle>Indiana</TD><TD align=middle>Won 44-3</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Oct 28</TD><TD align=middle>Minnesota</TD><TD align=middle>Won 44-0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Nov 4</TD><TD align=middle>@Illinois</TD><TD align=middle>Won 17-10</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Nov 11</TD><TD align=middle>@Northwestern</TD><TD align=middle>Won 54-10</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You would think if they USC wins out they will go by Michigan

<TABLE class=bgBdr cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bgHdr1><TD colSpan=12>BCS Standings</TD></TR><TR class=bgHdr2 align=middle><TD>Rk</TD><TD align=left>Team</TD><TD noWrap>W-L</TD><TD colSpan=3>Harris</TD><TD colSpan=3>Coaches</TD><TD>CPU %</TD><TD colSpan=2>BCS</TD></TR><TR class=bgHdr3 align=middle><TD><TD align=left><TD><TD>Rk</TD><TD>Points</TD><TD>%</TD><TD>Rk</TD><TD>Points</TD><TD>%</TD><TD><TD>Prev</TD><TD>Avg</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>1</TD><TD align=left>Ohio State</TD><TD>12-0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2850</TD><TD>1.000</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1575</TD><TD>1.000</TD><TD>1.000</TD><TD>1</TD><TD class=bgHigh>1.000</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>2</TD><TD align=left>Michigan</TD><TD>11-1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2600</TD><TD>.912</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1428</TD><TD>.907</TD><TD>.960</TD><TD>2</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.926</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>3</TD><TD align=left>USC</TD><TD>9-1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2621</TD><TD>.920</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1444</TD><TD>.917</TD><TD>.920</TD><TD>3</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.919</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>4</TD><TD align=left>Florida</TD><TD>10-1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>2531</TD><TD>.888</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1407</TD><TD>.893</TD><TD>.870</TD><TD>4</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.884</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>5</TD><TD align=left>Notre Dame</TD><TD>10-1</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>2347</TD><TD>.824</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>1285</TD><TD>.816</TD><TD>.820</TD><TD>5</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.820</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>6</TD><TD align=left>Arkansas</TD><TD>10-1</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>2345</TD><TD>.823</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1302</TD><TD>.827</TD><TD>.770</TD><TD>7</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.807</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>7</TD><TD align=left>West Virginia</TD><TD>9-1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>2051</TD><TD>.720</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>1151</TD><TD>.731</TD><TD>.700</TD><TD>8</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.717</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>8</TD><TD align=left>Wisconsin</TD><TD>11-1</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>1888</TD><TD>.662</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>1053</TD><TD>.669</TD><TD>.710</TD><TD>9</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.680</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>9</TD><TD align=left>Louisville</TD><TD>9-1</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>1857</TD><TD>.652</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>944</TD><TD>.599</TD><TD>.780</TD><TD>10</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.677</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>10</TD><TD align=left>LSU</TD><TD>9-2</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>1889</TD><TD>.663</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>1081</TD><TD>.686</TD><TD>.580</TD><TD>11</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.643</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>11</TD><TD align=left>Boise State</TD><TD>11-0</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>1609</TD><TD>.565</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>862</TD><TD>.547</TD><TD>.580</TD><TD>12</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.564</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>12</TD><TD align=left>Auburn</TD><TD>10-2</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>1449</TD><TD>.508</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>825</TD><TD>.524</TD><TD>.570</TD><TD>14</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.534</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>13</TD><TD align=left>Texas</TD><TD>9-2</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>1731</TD><TD>.607</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>994</TD><TD>.631</TD><TD>.360</TD><TD>13</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.533</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>14</TD><TD align=left>Rutgers</TD><TD>9-1</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>1270</TD><TD>.446</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>641</TD><TD>.407</TD><TD>.590</TD><TD>6</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.481</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>15</TD><TD align=left>Oklahoma</TD><TD>9-2</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>1404</TD><TD>.493</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>795</TD><TD>.505</TD><TD>.270</TD><TD>17</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.423</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>16</TD><TD align=left>Georgia Tech</TD><TD>9-2</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>1157</TD><TD>.406</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>655</TD><TD>.416</TD><TD>.350</TD><TD>18</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.391</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>17</TD><TD align=left>Virginia Tech</TD><TD>9-2</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>1049</TD><TD>.368</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>561</TD><TD>.356</TD><TD>.350</TD><TD>21</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.358</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>18</TD><TD align=left>Boston College</TD><TD>9-2</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>927</TD><TD>.325</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>540</TD><TD>.343</TD><TD>.310</TD><TD>20</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.326</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>19</TD><TD align=left>California</TD><TD>8-3</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>512</TD><TD>.180</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>265</TD><TD>.168</TD><TD>.470</TD><TD>15</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.273</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>20</TD><TD align=left>Tennessee</TD><TD>8-3</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>675</TD><TD>.237</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>326</TD><TD>.207</TD><TD>.330</TD><TD>22</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.258</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>21</TD><TD align=left>Wake Forest</TD><TD>9-2</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>605</TD><TD>.212</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>343</TD><TD>.218</TD><TD>.160</TD><TD>16</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.197</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>22</TD><TD align=left>Nebraska</TD><TD>8-3</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>520</TD><TD>.182</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>353</TD><TD>.224</TD><TD>.030</TD><TD>23</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.146</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>23</TD><TD align=left>Brigham Young</TD><TD>9-2</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>565</TD><TD>.198</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>256</TD><TD>.163</TD><TD>.020</TD><TD>25</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.127</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>24</TD><TD align=left>Clemson</TD><TD>8-3</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>215</TD><TD>.075</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>174</TD><TD>.110</TD><TD>.090</TD><TD>0</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.092</TD></TR><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>25</TD><TD align=left>Penn State</TD><TD>8-4</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>.004</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>.001</TD><TD>.190</TD><TD>0</TD><TD class=bgHigh>.065</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- THIS IS WHERE THE BSC EXPLANATION SHOULD GO-->

I say have them play Boise State, then OSU will be the only undefeated team, and just like the days of old (see: BYU), they'd get the #1... LOL

Let the undefeateds play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

USC SHOULD jump ahead - beating the #5 team will greatly help do so

MCP

sure hope so.. (sc)UM doesnt deserve another chance.

They can wait til next year in ann arbor to be beat again

no, i but i also dont think oregon state is as good as cal, who USC beat. Cal beat OSU by 90.

Cal beat OSU by 90? When? :)

michigan had a chance to beat OSU, they were never really a threat to win the game.

Agreed.

i would like to see OSU play someone else.

I, as well as most non-Michigan fans, would agree with you.

I certainly don't like the situation, but what are we really deciding here -- which team has the best shot of beating Ohio State, or which team based on their full season resume is the 2nd best in the land paying no mind who #1 is.

If you are deciding the latter -- hard to say its not Michigan. If we're going to ignore USC's loss to unranked Oregon State, then why shouldn't we ignore Michigan's loss to #1 OSU?

Latest Bowl projections

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD height=40><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Bowl Predictions </TD><TD><SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--//var dclkFeaturesponsor='http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/sponsorships.spln.com/fs/bowls_projections/'+vTag+';'+vTarget+';'+uID+';sz=234x42;tile=5;ord='+random+'?';if (switchDclk != 'off') { if (location.search.substring(1).indexOf('DCLK')>-1) document.write('<input type="text" value="'+dclkFeaturesponsor+'" style="width:">
'); document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="'+dclkFeaturesponsor+'"><\/script>'); }// --></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/sponsorships.spln.com/fs/bowls_projections/collegefootball;arena=collegefootball;feat=bowlprojections;type=psa;user=Anonymous;seg=aol;ctype=modem;lang=en-us;lang=en-us;vpmp=yes;adv=i;cust=no;vip=no;u=RWESbQq0G5UAAB1iGH8;sz=234x42;tile=5;ord=8421222412252021?"></SCRIPT> <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR SIZE=1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=50% border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="50%"><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=middle><TD>BCS National Title</TD></TR><TR class=bg1 align=middle></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD> </TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>
Jan. 8
Glendale, Ariz.
BCS #1 vs. BCS #2
</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD colSpan=3>Comment: It looks like we are going to get a rematch for the national title. Ohio State will end the season No. 1 in the BCS and play in the BCS National Title. Michigan is currently ranked No. 2 and would have to fall without playing. That doesn't look like it will happen, so Michigan is our pick to face Ohio State... again. Ohio State won the national title in 2002, while Michigan won a split national title in 1997.</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3><CENTER>Post your National Championship game picks.</CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TD width=10> </TD><TD width="50%"><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR align=left><TD colSpan=3>Updated Nov. 19

Each week, college football producer J. Darin Darst will predict where your team will land during the bowl season. Don't agree? Post your picks on the message board.

The champions of selected conferences are contractually committed to certain bowls, unless they are No. 1 or No. 2. (ACC: Orange; Big Ten: Rose; Big 12: Fiesta; Pac-10: Rose; SEC: Sugar).

If a Bowl loses a host team to the title game, then the bowl gets first choice at a replacement team. The rest of the selection order is as follows: Sugar, Orange, Fiesta.

Notre Dame earns an automatic berth if it is in the top eight of the final BCS Standings, while non-BCS schools can earn bids if ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings or ranked ahead of a BCS conference champ. </TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="50%"><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=middle><TD>Sugar Bowl</TD></TR><TR class=bg1 align=middle></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD> </TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>Jan. 3
New Orleans, La.
BCS vs. BCS
</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD colSpan=3>Comment: Florida is our pick to win the SEC title and earn an automatic berth to the Sugar Bowl. We feel the Rose Bowl will pass on Notre Dame because they don't want a USC/Notre Dame rematch, so the Irish land here as an at-large.</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3><CENTER>Post your Sugar Bowl picks.</CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD><TD width=10> </TD><TD width="50%"><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=middle><TD>Orange Bowl</TD></TR><TR class=bg1 align=middle></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD> </TD><TD>Jan. 2
Miami, Fla.
BCS vs. BCS
</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD colSpan=3>Comment: In the ever-changing ACC, Georgia Tech is our favorite to win the conference and play in the Orange Bowl. Louisville will claim the Big East title and be the Orange Bowl's other selection.</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3><CENTER>Post your Orange Bowl picks.</CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- Start Content --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="50%"><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=middle><TD>Fiesta Bowl</TD></TR><TR class=bg1 align=middle></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD> </TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>Jan. 1
Glendale, Ariz.
BCS vs. BCS
</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD colSpan=3>Comment: Despite losing to Kansas State last week, Texas will still win the Big 12 conference and land here. Boise State goes undefeated and grabs an automatic bid for being ranked in the Top 12 of the BCS.</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3><CENTER>Post your Fiesta Bowl picks.</CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD><TD width=10> </TD><TD width="50%"><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=middle><TD>Rose Bowl</TD></TR><TR class=bg1 align=middle></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD> </TD><TD>Jan. 1
Pasadena, Calif.
BCS vs. BCS
</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD colSpan=3>Comment: Southern California is our pick to win the Pac-10, but not play for the national title. With the Rose Bowl's other selection, we feel they will take West Virginia. The Mountainers won't win the Big East, but are ranked ahead of Louisville in every poll and that will influence the selection.</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3><CENTER>Post your Rose Bowl picks.</CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=left><TD class=bg0 colSpan=4>Non-BCS Games </TD></TR><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD>Bowl</TD><TD>Date</TD><TD>Matchup</TD><TD>Prediction </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>GMAC</TD><TD align=left>Jan. 7</TD><TD align=left>C-USA No. 2 vs. MAC</TD><TD align=left>Rice vs. Ohio </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>International</TD><TD align=left>Jan. 6</TD><TD align=left>MAC No. 3 vs. Big East No. 4/5</TD><TD align=left>Western Michigan vs. Pittsburgh </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Capital One</TD><TD align=left>Jan. 1</TD><TD align=left>SEC No. 2 vs. Big Ten No. 2</TD><TD align=left>Arkansas vs. Wisconsin </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Outback</TD><TD align=left>Jan. 1</TD><TD align=left>Big Ten No. 3 vs. SEC</TD><TD align=left>Penn State vs. Auburn </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Cotton</TD><TD align=left>Jan. 1</TD><TD align=left>Big 12 No. 2 vs. SEC</TD><TD align=left>Nebraska vs. LSU </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Gator</TD><TD align=left>Jan. 1</TD><TD align=left>ACC No. 3 vs. Big 12 or Big East</TD><TD align=left>Clemson vs. Oklahoma </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>MPC Computers</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 31</TD><TD align=left>WAC vs. ACC No. 8</TD><TD align=left>Nevada vs. South Carolina* </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Chick-fil-A</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 30</TD><TD align=left>ACC No. 2 vs. SEC No. 5</TD><TD align=left>Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Meineke Car Care</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 30</TD><TD align=left>ACC No. 5/6 vs. Big East/Navy</TD><TD align=left>Wake Forest vs. Navy </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Alamo</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 30</TD><TD align=left>Big 12 No. 4/5 vs. Big Ten No. 4/5</TD><TD align=left>Missouri vs. Purdue </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Liberty</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 29</TD><TD align=left>C-USA No. 1 vs. SEC</TD><TD align=left>Houston vs. Kentucky </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Insight</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 29</TD><TD align=left>Big Ten No. 6 vs. Big 12 No. 6</TD><TD align=left>Iowa vs. Kansas State </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Sun</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 29</TD><TD align=left>Big 12 or Big East vs. Pac-10 No. 3</TD><TD align=left>Rutgers vs. Oregon State </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Music City</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 29</TD><TD align=left>SEC No. 6 vs. ACC No. 5/6</TD><TD align=left>Georgia vs. Maryland </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Champs Sports</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 29</TD><TD align=left>Big Ten No. 4/5 vs. ACC No. 4</TD><TD align=left>Minnesota vs. Boston College </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Holiday</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 28</TD><TD align=left>Pac-10 No. 2 vs. Big 12 No. 3</TD><TD align=left>California vs. Texas A&M </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Texas</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 28</TD><TD align=left>Big 12 vs. Big East or C-USA</TD><TD align=left>Texas Tech vs. Cincinnati </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Independence</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 28</TD><TD align=left>Big 12 No. 7/8 vs. SEC No. 8</TD><TD align=left>Oklahoma State vs. Alabama </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Emerald</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 27</TD><TD align=left>ACC No. 5/6/7 vs. Pac-10 No. 4/5</TD><TD align=left>Florida State vs. Arizona </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Motor City</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 26</TD><TD align=left>MAC vs. Big Ten No. 7</TD><TD align=left>Central Michigan vs. Kansas* </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Hawaii</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 24</TD><TD align=left>Pac-10 No. 6 vs. WAC</TD><TD align=left>Arizona State vs. Hawaii </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Armed Forces</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 23</TD><TD align=left>MWC No. 2/3 vs. C-USA No. 4</TD><TD align=left>TCU vs. Tulsa </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>PapaJohns.com</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 23</TD><TD align=left>C-USA vs. Big East or MAC</TD><TD align=left>Southern Miss vs. South Florida </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>New Mexico</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 23</TD><TD align=left>MWC No. 4 vs. WAC</TD><TD align=left>Wyoming vs. San Jose State </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>New Orleans</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 22</TD><TD align=left>Sun Belt vs. C-USA</TD><TD align=left>Middle Tennessee vs. East Carolina </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Las Vegas</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 21</TD><TD align=left>Pac-10 No. 4 vs. MWC No. 1</TD><TD align=left>Oregon vs. BYU </TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Poinsettia</TD><TD align=left>Dec. 19</TD><TD align=left>MWC No. 2/3 vs. at-large</TD><TD align=left>Utah vs. Washington State </TD></TR><TR class=bg4 id=special align=middle><TD colSpan=4>Note: Teams in bold have accepted bowl bids. </TD></TR><TR class=bg4 id=special align=middle><TD colSpan=4>* - Teams fill in for conferences that don't have enough bowl-eligible teams. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mofome

Banned

Cal beat OSU by 90? When? :)

Agreed.

I, as well as most non-Michigan fans, would agree with you.

I certainly don't like the situation, but what are we really deciding here -- which team has the best shot of beating Ohio State, or which team based on their full season resume is the 2nd best in the land paying no mind who #1 is.

If you are deciding the latter -- hard to say its not Michigan. If we're going to ignore USC's loss to unranked Oregon State, then why shouldn't we ignore Michigan's loss to #1 OSU?

osu = oregon state in that reference, of course. Cal beat OSU 41-13.

Michigan 'may' be the 2nd best team in the country, we dont know for sure. what we do know for sure is that they are not the best team in the country. i dont think they should get the shot at going one and one with OSU and winning it all. That would mean the emotional win OSU had over michigan was meaningless. I dont think USC is better than michigan, but i do know that Michigan is not as good as OSU. Thats been shown, now show me they are better than someone they arent as familiar with.

thats my opinion.

there are obviously many ways to look at this.

:cheers