JD Drew headed to Boston

mofome

Banned

SI.com's Jon Heyman believes the Red Sox and J.D. Drew are close to a deal that could be announced within the next week.

According to Heyman, several major league executives who were bidding on Drew said Saturday he is ticketed to Boston. There hasn't been any word on the money yet, but Drew is likely to get at least $56 million for four years. $75 million for five years might be more realistic. Nov. 25 - 9:53 pm et
Source: SI.com

The Devil

EOG Master
Re: JD Drew headed to Boston

LOOKS LIKE THEY WILL HAVE TO PAY PUJOLS 30 MILLION A YEAR ON HIS NEXT CONTRACT.............

dirty

EOG Master

Drew will fit right in with Beckett and the other all DL team next year...they can have a great card game with all those Salaries not playing

hey!! hey!! beckett didn't hit the dl last year!! i don't think drew did either, maybe once.
although the dl bug hit boston hard last year that is not their mo.
the players usually play hard fan the fans in boston.

unless your name is manny!! but he's better than 90% of mlb players at 80%!!
paging yogi!!:LMAO

Salo

EOG Dedicated

Report: Giants talking to Sox about Manny
Unidentified sources told the San Francisco Chronicle over the weekend that the Giants were among the teams talking seriously to the Red Sox about a possible deal for Manny Ramirez. It's unclear what stage the talks are at, though one unidentified source told the Chronicle that the teams have discussed possible three-way deals. ... From the Globe's Gordon Edes: An exploding market makes the remaining $38 million on Ramirez's contract appear a relative bargain. The New York Mets, who long have explored trading for Ram?rez, appeared to take themselves off the market for his services as they closed a one-year, $8.5 million deal with 40-year-old Moises Alou to replace Cliff Floyd in left field. The Mets are expected to spend their big cash on another starting pitcher, with lefthander Barry Zito their expected primary target. The Red Sox left fielder's contract calls for him to be paid a base salary of $14 million in 2007 and $16 million in 2008. In addition, he is due a deferred payment of $4 million each year, to be paid in a lump sum on July 1 in both 2007 and 2008. That's a total value of $38 million, or less than the $45 million the Dodgers reportedly are giving slap-hitting Juan Pierre in a five-year deal. Ram?rez would be expected to ask for an extension in exchange for waiving his veto rights to a trade (as a 10-5 player), but outside of Barry Bonds, there aren't any future Hall of Fame sluggers remaining on the market.

If the SOX trade MANNY we will need a top notch picture in return to make up for the offensive lose!! and possible a reliever!!

I would take CLIFF LEE and prospects as reported - or - Michael Young and one of the TEXAS relievers/prospects. I don't think the GIANTS have anyrthing to offer! do you??

If they can't get some major help ! I say keep MANNY!! FVCK IT!!:thumbsup

Salo

EOG Dedicated

I would love to see Manny retire as a Red Sox, but I don't think it's going to happen. Just when everyone thinks he's happy he says he wants out. So we should probably trade him now while there's a good market for him. Sucks!

MCP

Tony, I just heard on the radio, Buster Olny from ESPN said the talks between cleveland and boston are dead.. Boston wanted our top 2 prospects (miller and crowe) and wouldnt pick up any of mannys contract

Our owner is cheap. Id pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

He is going to be ripped apart by the Red Sox fans esp if they trade Manny and he is picked to protect Ortiz in the lineup.

It's rare that I see a player with so much talent play with so little heart. If he strikes out or if he hits a home run it doesn't seem like he cares all that much. That isn't going to fly in Boston. Drew next clutch hit will be his first. The big winner in this is Scott Boras since in my opinion this was the set up all along. Boston whispered in his ear that they like Drew. He ends up telling Drew to walk away from his Dodgers contract and in return Boras will give Boston alittle break on Matsuzaka contract since they paid 51 million just to talk to the guy.

Tony, I just heard on the radio, Buster Olny from ESPN said the talks between cleveland and boston are dead.. Boston wanted our top 2 prospects (miller and crowe) and wouldnt pick up any of mannys contract

Our owner is cheap. Id pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

MCP was LEE involved in that deal or just the two prospect? If LEE WAS ALSO IN THE DEAL THEN YOUR RIGHT i WOULD HAVE PULLED THE TRIGGER!

MCP

they said the offers were Lee and a mid level prospect or just the top 2 prospects (miller & crowe)

the deal breaker was boston not willing to pay any of mannys contract

MCP

I agree.. if carlos lee is worth 16+ million and gary matthews is 10 million, manny is a steal at 18/19

UTOPIA

EOG Addicted

Curt Schilling won't (nor should he ever) forgive the baby for his stupid holdout when Drew was originally drafted..