If one is just a $10 or $20 Bettor, then do you agree with this comment?

the tout

EOG Enthusiast
Re: If one is just a $10 or $20 Bettor, then do you agree with this comment?

first off i want to say how much i appreciate the contests. playing the contests gives me my fix. i am of the belief if i cant win free money in contests then i dont need to be putting up real money.

heart222

EOG Veteran

I am a small bettor 10-20 and am not trying to martingale it up just have fun and make a few bucks. i look for mechanical systems and then sort of what i think. i was driving home other day and some guy saidhawaii was playing somebody and they both had great qbs so the over was 75 and i played over and won. its not aboutthe money its about fun. dosent matter if i make 100-300 a year its about staying in the game and enjoying it. i also play the betj daiy contests and win a few. and last yr won $700 in the hockey contest here.
I trade bond and stock futures all day and so this is relaxation and fun. some of my friends aro pro bettors and the stree must be awful think about a couple of dime bet on the dallas/skins game a few weeks ago for example. or last night the caps under 6.5 and some do-do gets a empty net goal when the other team is losing 4-2. anyhow itsfunand best to all. heart222
oh i forgot if you look at the koh baskets contest i am curently in 1st place.

Since almost everyone looses, the small betters are far wiser in my opinion.

Now scalping small is another story, that won't get you anywhere (but ahead).

Brock

EOG Dedicated

Its just your level of entertainment. $10 is fine. It was fine
for me ten years ago. Now im a sick man.

It's all depends...

Everybody is different. I like to take a risk.... i don't bother with low amounts, i get pissed off at my friend when he bets $10. Some people are stingy with money.

I see it this way. Money is money, it comes it goes. Enjoy it while you have it. One thing is to invest one thing is to hold on to it and save up every fucken penny and cut out coupons to save an extra dollar.

I think i have this after my dad. He is a gambler, goes to the boat in Chicago.

If you want to make money in gambling you need to have balls. If you are a stingy fuck you will NEVER win because money has too much meaning for you.

I think some of you might have an idea what i'm getting at.

world traveler

EOG Addicted

personally i bet $10-$20 a game and i do not look at it as a way "to make money" but i dont simply look at it as a way to piss some fun money away either. I think by playing smaller ammounts you take the "what if i loose" doubt out of your head and then can focus on capping instead of how much money is on the line. For each bettor that tollereance level is different. Some guys an lay $1000 per bet and not even sweat the amount others can go as high as $100 for me personally as i am a real crappy bettor (although this yr nba has been good so far to me) $50 is about my limit on any bet. If i have a good month at work or am on a win streak maybe i will push $100 but it has to be a real good reason.

opotus

EOG Veteran

This is a great thread. Thanks to everyone for sharing.

My plays are $25-$50, and I agree that you can't really make a lot of money doing it that way, unless you are extremely patient, diligent and put hours of work into it. At that level, it gives me a "fix", gets my adrenaline going, while at the end of the day, I know I'm not in danger of losing money I can't afford to lose, so it works. I don't have enough confidence in one sport or one kind of bet or one style that I'd able to make money with big bets. So I stay small. And I like to add contests to the mix because free money is nice.

I am envious of the guys who have the patience, and those who are good at it, because I really really enjoy it and it would be cool to be able to have that level of confidence and bankroll without going nuts.

Some people do not bet on games to "make money" I guess you could say. Just something to do on the side to make a game a little better to watch or to make the season have a little bit more jazz to it. If someone can only afford to bet $10 to $20 a game and they come out on top +$200 at the end of football then they had a damn good year becuase they cannot afford to bet more. It is all about having fun and making some extra cash to have around for me, I'm not in it to drop my day time job but it would be nice to get that big, lol one can always dream.

ive seen posters betting as little as $5 a play, and then getting excited about a $20 withdrawal. i just don't get it.

Not everyone is as loaded and as fortunate as you seem to be and a 400% return is something to be happy about...:party