Carter Book Criticized

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
Dec 6, 4:18 PM EST

Carter Book Criticized

ATLANTA (AP) -- A longtime aide to Jimmy Carter has resigned from the Carter Center think tank, calling the former president's new book on Israel and the Arabs one-sided and filled with errors.
Kenneth Stein, the Carter Center's first executive director and founder of its Middle East program, sent a letter that bluntly criticized the book to Carter and others.
Stein wrote that the book, "Palestine: Peace, Not Apartheid," was replete with factual errors, material copied from other sources and "simply invented segments," according to an excerpt of the letter published by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Deanna Congileo, Carter's spokeswoman, said the former president stands by the book.
Stein, who is also director of the Institute for the Study of Modern Israel at Emory University, did not immediately return a call Wednesday.
Carter issued a brief statement saying that Stein had not been actively involved with the center for more than 12 years and was not involved with the new book. Carter did not directly address Stein's allegations.
It is not the first time Carter and Stein have disagreed over Middle East policy, said Douglas Brinkley, a professor of history at Tulane University and the author of the 1988 Carter biography, "The Unfinished Presidency."
"They've never been on the same page in the Middle East. They've been in an almost constant state of disagreement," Brinkley said. Stein "doesn't trust the Palestinians as much as Carter."
Brinkley said he has read Carter's new book but would not address Stein's accusations.
? 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

dirty

EOG Master
Re: Carter Book Criticized

I asked for this for Xmas...so I would have some Kinlin' to start a fire with when it snowed or Iced here this winter...

He is a POS loon commie appeaser that is a waste of Oxygen

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

meanwhile as Dirty jacks off to a picture of Dick Cheney ...

too funny ... Carter a Commie while Bush pisses all over the
Constitution and sells out our borders to Mexico???

:+signs8-3:+signs8-3:+signs8-3:+signs8-3

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

Yeah Carter the Commie, the one who goes to foreign Communist countries meets and hugs their Commie leaders, then takes a nice stiff one in the rear...

dirty

EOG Master

Doc you are a fucking Idiot....

Your every post makes it possible for idiots on earth to survive

go ahead tell me to Fuck off

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Dirty ....

I know you and Fury had a big fight this morning but leave your
personal problems on the home front

You are the one attacking Carter and calling him a Commie

dirty

EOG Master

The truth hurts Doc..he is a commie mother fucker... and you know it....that is why you support him

dirty

EOG Master

And gopher just because you don't call yourself communist doesn't mean you are not.... Kinda Like Doc

The Devil

EOG Master

SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE A DRUNK LIKE BILLY CARTER AS A BROTHER...............

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Shaking Hands: Iraqi President Saddam Hussein greets Donald Rumsfeld, then special envoy of President Ronald Reagan, in Baghdad on December 20, 1983.

dirty

EOG Master

Billy Beer

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
<!-- start content -->

The side of a box of 12 cans of Billy Beer with Billy Carter on the packaging.

Billy Beer was a beer that was brewed in the United States of America by the Falls City Brewing Company and promoted by Billy Carter, brother of then-President Jimmy Carter. The beer was also produced by Cold Spring Brewing, West End Brewing, and Pearl Brewing companies. Introduced in 1977, the beer saw dismal sales figures while in production, but at least two billion cans were produced, and they were considered even at the time to be potential collectors items, and so a great many have been kept, ironically making them nearly worthless as collectors' items; this fact was the subject of a joke in the animated television series The Simpsons. Nonetheless, several scam artists have perpetuated an urban legend that the cans are extremely rare, which has led to occasional high prices in some venues, such as eBay. There is also a rumor that the "gold topped" cans (those with a gold colored lid) are valuable. This is also an urban legend with no basis in fact.
Billy Carter was selected as spokesperson for the beer because it was widely known that he enjoyed drinking beer. However, it was also fairly widely known that his brand of choice was Pabst Blue Ribbon.<sup title="The text in the vicinity of this tag needs citation." class="noprint">[citation needed]</sup>

[edit] Label

Written on each can were these words of endorsement.
  • Brewed expressly for and with the personal approval of one of America's all-time great beer drinkers - Billy Carter
  • I had this beer brewed just for me. I think it's the best I've ever tasted. And I've tasted a lot. I think you'll like it, too.

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

And gopher just because you don't call yourself communist doesn't mean you are not.... Kinda Like Doc

i'm sorry, i don't remember anything that he said that was close to what marx, lenin, mao said.