I Love The Phoenix Suns, But......

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
I Love The Phoenix Suns, but, why does every single team get caught up in the Suns' persistence to run and make the game as fast paced as possible?

Instead or slowing it down & walking the ball up the court to counteract what Phoenix wants to do, and what they strive on, it's almost like each Suns' opponent says or thinks to themselves ...... "So they wanna run hugh?! Well, we'll show them that we can run too and beat them at their own game"......... :+clueless

dirty

EOG Master
Re: I Love The Phoenix Suns, But......

By watching them the apply perimeter pressure to where the other teams have to run..NBA added the rules to influence scoring a few years ago with the 8 seconds across 1/2 court and put the 5 second rule on the ball back in play.... The Suns are great at dictating the pace of the game as they average a shot every 8 seconds on average and other teams have to play at that pace or get left in the dust as most are not talented enough to work the clock and get the team back on D to stop the transition buckets....

Beantown

EOG Enthusiast

people dont realise just how many weapons they have. nash,marion,bell,diaw,barbosa, kurt thomas can hit shots,plus james jones can score and hit 3's, and on top of all that amares not even %100 yet.

plus doc rivers wants to have a fast break offense (not sure hes that good at teaching it) so thats why they were playing like that tonight. the celtics dont have much defense anyway, did you notice the few big guys the c's have?they didnt even get alot of minutes.

dirty

EOG Master

Doc Rivers ran the Hawks run and gun with Nique and those 50+ win teams of the 80's as good as anyone.

You can try slow down and play a half court game with the Suns, but goodluck trying to keep up with them on the scoreboard. The reason teams end up playing Phoenix's game is because of Steve Nash. He doesn't allow other teams game plans to change his teams style and philosophy. Other teams without the floor leadership and discpline to maintain their gameplans have no other choice but to start running and keep up.