I can't defend rex anymore

d ray

EOG Dedicated
I'm officially not supporting Rex Grossman for the 1st time all year. I can't defend him anymore, it's just pointless. The thing that sucks is that Lovie won't make the change unless he feels there's a chance they could lose the #1 seed, which won't happen with a 2 game lead and a weak schedule. Anyway, maybe Rex gets dinged up (nothing major hopefully) and Griese comes in to save the day. We'll see, I just have a bad feeling on how this season might end being a Bears fan.

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
Re: I can't defend rex anymore

Bears will not break their streak of playoff losses with Rex at the helm. Time for Griese.

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

Who knows, but we know what Rex can do. It's worth a shot. He's a better game manager and with that Defense all you need is to not make 3-4 picks a game and you have a great shot at winning.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

I don't know if he's better, but with that defense, they can't be turning the ball over that much, or get 34 yrds passing in a game. or 6 1st downs. If there defense doesn't score a TD, get a saftey and get a punt return TD, do the win? probably not.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

well i guess i can support him another week, but he's definetly running out of time. If he has a bad performance this week and they lose, i think smith would change.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

Report: Bears backup Griese gets more work

<!-- end pagetitle --><!-- begin bylinebox -->ESPN.com news services

<!-- begin presby2 -->
<!-- end presby2 -->
<!-- end bylinebox -->
<!-- begin text11 div -->
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 10px" vAlign=top><!-- begin leftcol --><!-- template inline -->
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=8 rowSpan=2> </TD><TD width=65> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=65>[SIZE=-2]<CENTER>Griese</CENTER>[/SIZE]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=8 rowSpan=2> </TD><TD width=65> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=65>[SIZE=-2]<CENTER>Grossman</CENTER>[/SIZE]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>While Chicago Bears backup quarterback Brian Griese continues to deflect questions about stepping in for a struggling Rex Grossman, it seems that the Bears are at least preparing for that possibility.
Griese has been receiving half of the reps in practice this week, the Chicago Sun-Times reported on its Web site, citing an unnamed player.
The change in preparation speaks volumes to the urgency the club feels with Grossman, whose disappointing 1.3 passer rating may have overshadowed the Bears' 23-13 victory over the Vikings. The increased workload could indicate the Bears are getting Griese ready to step in.
But Griese, who signed a five-year deal worth a minimum of $14 million in the offseason, said he hasn't been sucked into the quarterback controversy that surrounds the 10-2 Bears.
"None of this really matters to me," Griese told the Chicago Sun-Times. "I have one job, and that's to go out and prepare just like I have the entire season, and that's what I'm going to do this week. If [Lovie Smith] wanted you to know [how many reps I'm getting], he'd probably tell you so."
Grossman has fallen from being an NFC offensive player of the month to looking uncomfortable while making questionable decisions. And, apparently, his play is perplexing him as well.
"I just am so confused why I do some of the things I do," Grossman told the newspaper. "It just doesn't make any sense to me. It's not a matter of confidence. It's more of, what is making me do these things?"
Offensive coordinator Ron Turner said he has not informed Grossman that this is his last chance. "I told him he needs to play better," Turner told the paper. "I told him we have to play better offensively."

<!-- begin sponsored links --><!-- content story sport nfl--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The call with have to come from someone higher! Management loves Grossman . His playing is Gross!

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

If Grossman is stinking it up in the first half, you'll be seeing Griese coming in to close it out.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

Every week people at work ask me if Rex is still gonna start, my response has been i sure hope so. This week it felt like i was lying.

If Grossman is stinking it up in the first half, you'll be seeing Griese coming in to close it out.

This is what I hope happens. Worst thing for Bears is Grossman playing well enough that he starts the playoffs- then has the usual meltdown. I hope Grossman keeps playing the same, gets yanked and give time for Griese to get get in somewhat of a groove before playoffs. We don't need a great QB, we need one that won't lose the game, or worse, the season.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Grossman looked like a completely different QB a few weeks ago.

I've noticed Muhsin Muhammad isn't getting the ball nearly as much since then.

Maybe that has something to do with it......

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

I noticed that. Mush was the man earlier this year now he hasn't done much of anything. Berrian has shown some flashes but nothing to be overly excited about. Either way it's their D that will carry them as long as the QB doesn't give the game to the other team. I wish Miami had the Bears problems right about now.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

If Seattle stays healthy and continues to gel, even Chicago's D won't win them the NFC Title.....