NY Reb's College Bowl Thread

One last time I will mention that last year I went on a 18-4 streak during the bowls. We can only hope for such success this year, but we'll damn sure give it our best shot. We've had a great college football season, and I always seem to do well in the bowls.

CFB YTD: 118-94 (+99.9*)

Tonight:

7* TCU -12
I know this is a very public play, but I just cannot justify playing Northern Illinois over TCU. This could get ugly.

5* Teaser: TCU -5, Under 53.5

Good luck everyone. I'll have all my bowl plays and other tidbits in this thread. Let's make some serious money this year.

Smasher13

EOG Member
Re: NY Reb's College Bowl Thread

NYREB, let's stay positive, keep a good attitude and lets all beat the man down." I'm all in"

College Bowl YTD: 2-0 (+12*)

Two easy wins tonight with TCU, and with the Horned Frogs teased with the under. Neither was ever really in doubt. An auspicious beginning to this year's bowl thread.

Bowls, early basketball, and playoff NFL season are all usually profitable with me. I generally do well during the holiday season. My astrologist just told me that I'm having a transit that indicates that people who bet with me during this time will most likely win. Take that for what it's worth.

Nice start to bowl season--Reb you saved me--just going with dog NI until I checked your bowl pick. Let's keep it going.:dancefool

nysports

EOG Member

If you're going to count teasers in your records now, then you should count all your losers that you had with Fla St. Does this ring a bell with you?

If you're going to count teasers in your records now, then you should count all your losers that you had with Fla St. Does this ring a bell with you?

I made it clear (in the past at the other site) that I would continue to count 2-team teasers but not the larger teasers in my cfb record.

I have been totally consistent.

Please stop harassing me. You aren't contributing anything positive to the forum. Do you really enjoy being a jerk so much?

Please stop bringing up the past and all that happened at the other site. I have put all that behind me.

If you want to co-exist in present reality, that would be great, but what's to gain by throwing everything a guy did in the past in his face over and over?

Please don't ruin my bowl thread with negative comments that no one cares about.

It's a new day, nysports. Grow up and enjoy life for a change.

Smasher13

EOG Member

Me thinks its time that NY sports gets a life....wow must be nice that all he does is torture you Reb ...keep up the great work cause im sure he doesnt have a clue about gambling. I do remember some of his brutle picks of the past...I'm staying positive Reb.....Let beat the man down. " I'm all in"

Me thinks its time that NY sports gets a life....wow must be nice that all he does is torture you Reb ...keep up the great work cause im sure he doesnt have a clue about gambling. I do remember some of his brutle picks of the past...I'm staying positive Reb.....Let beat the man down. " I'm all in"

Way to go, Smasher. We're ready to beat the man now. Good luck to you.

nysports

EOG Member

Smasher

Anytime you would like to match plays, just let me know. I would be more than happy to do that.

cie grant

EOG Member

NYSPORTS - what hapepend at htis other site?

Identity,

NYS refers to a series of teasers which Reb lost early this season, but decided to not count towards his record. I believe it was FSU when they lost to Wake.

I have seen Reb's posts in numerous forums during the last 6 years. Originally, I was introduced to Reb by an old-timer named Augur. Reb is a solid capper, but he has been occasionally scrutinized for fuzzy numbers, not including all losing plays in his record, and not counting the vig for buying points on losing plays. Regretfully, I have found myself in agreement with his critics on occasion. I have rarely agreed with their tactics, but the point of their criticism is well-taken. Record-keeping is optional, but I feel if you post a record you should keep it accurately.

It is apparent that success, or the appearance of success, is very important to Reb. Like any solid capper, he goes through lean times on occasion. During the lean times is when the majority of these problems occur.

It appears to me that Reb has turned over a new leaf, and I do not feel this will be a problem going forward. GL down the road.

nysports

EOG Member

cie

I wish I could agree that he turned over a new leaf. He keeps thinking that I have something out for him. I don't in the least. Like you, I have stated numerous times, if you're going to keep a record than keep an accurate one. I have asked several times a couple of simple questions.

1. Do you buy points?
2. Do you include the bought points in your record?
3. When you post plays are the lines widely available?

I never got the answers. All I get is "I have to prove him wrong". I have on numerous occasions.

I agree with all of your post.

You honestly think I have not answered these questions? You take things out of context, then spin them to prove your own point.

1. Do you buy points?

Yes, I have continuously said in my threads, and my longtime followers know this, that I always, invariably buy the half point. I do not like to lose by a half point, and imo no one else should either.

I post my plays right after playing them. I played the exact line that I post. I have told you repeatedly that I count all losses a straight -110. I play mostly at Pinnacle, and their numbers widely vary -- I see no reason to get that involved in math. The weird thing to me, nysports, is that you apparently have no problem with my won-loss record. Your whole thing is based off your notion that I don't reduce enough from my units.

When I post a play, the line is totally available, even if you have to buy a half-point to get it. Like I say, I play mostly at Pinnacle these days. When I post a play, the line is at Pinnacle. You might have to buy a half point and get +3 at -114 instead of +2.5 at -107, but that's the way I play. I've learned that it's not worth it to lose by a half point, so why ever take that chance? I recommend that everyone else do what I do.

I don't know how I can answer them more clearly than that, nysports, yet I have said all this before.

If you have a problem with anything that happened in the past at the old site, that is your problem.

If you have a problem with anything I have posted at EOG, then let me know about it. That will be relevant to me. The long-ago past happened to another NY Reb. You should let the old nysports go too. Come up with a more compassionate version for 2007.

nysports

EOG Member

How about you, MC? How do you usually play? Will you take +6.5 for -107 or +7 for -114?

I always play to get the best line, especially on prime numbers. I have found that I do better that way, even though I sometimes risk a little more vig.

So you're saying you can go from +6.5 to +7 @ Pinny and only pay an extra 7 cents on a CFB game? Maybe you're playing at a different Pinny than the rest of us.

nysports

EOG Member

This is in the dump? What a joke this place is. You "protect" all the scam artists. If I can't post questions then stop sending me emails promoting this place and poker tourney's. Why is it that the mods don't want to hear the truth here? Afraid of something? I could really say some things.......but I won't bother. I've had his clown figured out along time ago. If the sheep follow him, they will end up losing big time.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

How many times must we reiterate that we don't tolerate bashing (whether you consider it bashing or not) in ANYONE ELSE'S THREADS (Not just Reb's like you seem to believe)

If you have something negative to say, which all 34 of your posts obviously do, then keep it down here.........

I post my plays right after playing them. I played the exact line that I post. I have told you repeatedly that I count all losses a straight -110. I play mostly at Pinnacle, and their numbers widely vary -- I see no reason to get that involved in math. The weird thing to me, nysports, is that you apparently have no problem with my won-loss record. Your whole thing is based off your notion that I don't reduce enough from my units.

When I post a play, the line is totally available, even if you have to buy a half-point to get it. Like I say, I play mostly at Pinnacle these days. When I post a play, the line is at Pinnacle. You might have to buy a half point and get +3 at -114 instead of +2.5 at -107, but that's the way I play. I've learned that it's not worth it to lose by a half point, so why ever take that chance? I recommend that everyone else do what I do.

You're fair game down here in the dump Reb.

Item #2, post what you play. Period.

Item #3, post your number. period.

Why don't you just post your tickets? I think I know why....Because you and every other wannabe tout is full of shit. So cute how you're scratching the back that scratched yours in another thread. You're no different that all the other touts like ChicagoHotsides, Chuck Luck, Kodiak, Rodfather, etc...

You kill me man, "I see no reason to get that involved in math". HA HA HA, typical tout-speak.

Someone here has your back and you're very fortunate, but honestly anyone with a brain can see through your charade.

WTF are you talking about, Jimmy Hoffa?

I post what I play, period.

I post the line I played, period.

What else do you want me to do?

Call me all the names you want. I have won the respect of most people who have observed my threads and posts over the years.

If you want to believe someone else's negativity, so be it. Like minds are always attracted to each other.

I run a clean ship. If you can't see that, then wallow in your own projections and believe whatever you want.

I haven't posted my plays on the Internet for 8 years just to fool people. What would I get out of that?

Obviously you get something out of being brash and arrogant, so go to it.

If you want to see how an honest picks thread is run, view any of Bucsfan's threads. No sermons, no hype and all integrity.

I'm well aware of how you were exposed at the X, clean ship my ass. You're very fortunate that someone has your back here.

Post your tickets to avoid speculation. This quote of yours says it ALL, "I see no reason to get that involved in math".

Shaman; Prophet; Tout; Seer; Rascal; Number Fudger.

If you want to see how an honest picks thread is run, view any of Bucsfan's threads. No sermons, no hype and all integrity.

I agree, Bucsfan runs a great thread. If you think my positive suggestions are sermons, then you are missing something. My threads contain no hype, just honest sharings from someone who isn't afraid to be himself. As far as I am concerned, I am a person of integrity, and I am completely open and honest in my threads.

I'm well aware of how you were exposed at the X, clean ship my ass. You're very fortunate that someone has your back here.

If you think I was 'exposed' at the x, you missed out on a lot. What was I 'exposed' for, posting under another name to tell people about a great consensus service? That was my crime? I left the x because they could not stop the increasing negativity. It is much better here at EOG where they don't allow all the shit that the x was protecting if not promoting. They had the bashers' back, and I no longer felt at home there.

Post your tickets to avoid speculation. This quote of yours says it ALL, "I see no reason to get that involved in math".

That quote doesn't say it all. It simply repeats something I've said since junior high school. Didn't like math then, and like it even less now. If you want to give some negative meaning to that, go right ahead. Obviously you like to assign negative meanings to things.

Shaman; Prophet; Tout; Seer; Rascal; Number Fudger.

Like I said, call me all the names you like. Insult me all you like. I am as you see me. However, your choice of language says much more about yourself than it does about me.

nysports

EOG Member

Jimmy

It's nice to see someone else seeing thru all the BS. There are no tickets to post because of the false lines and juice. He got run off the RX because he got exposed and the mods didn't kiss his ass like they do here. I had him figured out many years ago with his false records and lines. Now the new ploy is to play steam at the original numbers which no one could possibly do. The 5*, 7*, 10* and 15* are a bunch of hype also. Why not just play 1 thru 3 stars? Or how about the "these are it for now, but possibly more later, check back if interested". Wants more attention is all.

I was never run off from the x. No one asked me to not post there. I could post there today if I chose to. I was not 'exposed' about anything other than telling people about a great consensus site under a different name. If that makes me a bad guy in anyone's eyes, then so be it.

I stopped posted at x and continued to post exclusively at EOG. This was my choice. There was an increasingly amount of negativity in my threads there, from guys like you claiming to know the truth about things that you could not possibly know. I finally chose to not deal with that negativity anymore, since the mods at x did nothing to curtail it.

Here all the stuff in the dump was permitted in the sports threads at the other site. I don't want to put them down, I enjoyed many years there. But once I realized that the bashers were the ones getting their support and backing, I knew it was no longer the place for me. I am sure it is still a great place for certain types of people. Overall, I think things are handled much more professionally here at EOG.

I'm sorry you two have a problem with the way I keep my record. At least we all agree that the won-loss part of it is accurate. Maybe that's all I should post.

If you two only realized what a small percentage of the time the things you are talking about even matter, or affect the outcomes of games either way. If I had done everything just the way you say it should be, the record would be extremely similar to what it already is, if not exactly. Since the won-loss record is accurate, let's consider that the 'units' are only a very close estimate, based on the units recommended per play. I don't see how it could be more fair than that.

Amazing what you two find to focus on and obsess about. I truly have a hard time believing that you really care about this, since it is such an infinitesimal thing that affects nothing in any practical way.

Some people just like to express negativity on the Internet.

Check nysports previous posts, and see if he has contributed anything positive, if he has posted any of his own plays, or if he ever encourages and supports others. You will find that he is consistently negative.

Let's take the high road. Happy New Years to everyone, even nysports and Jimmy Hoffa.

Let's turn a new leaf and start with a clean slate in the New Year.

'I open my heart to my enemy, and say let's wipe the slate clean, and if he tells me 'go and fuck yourself,' well, you just can't win.' -- Pink Floyd.

Last edited:

Once again, why don't we drop past grievances, start over with a clean slate, and get about the business of living in harmony with each other?

Isn't there enough negativity in the world without us adding to it?

Stop describing the past in ways to make others look bad. It's just as easy to focus on what is good in others.

A wise man said, 'See the highest in each other, and greet others with great respect.'

That same man said, 'Anyone who talks badly of another only reveals his own delusion.'

nysports

EOG Member

"WTF are you talking about, Jimmy Hoffa?

What else do you want me to do?"

"I have posted LSU -10 for over a week now, even though my original personal play was LSU -9 (I have to post to appease the unit-tracker critics) and now it has gone down to -7.5 in some places"

Which one is it Reb? Do you post the lines that you play or not? Or if the line goes down such as LSU, then what? Do you try and create a new line and twist on things? The saga continues. No problem though. I understand.

nysports

EOG Member

"WTF are you talking about, Jimmy Hoffa?

What else do you want me to do?"

"I have posted LSU -10 for over a week now, even though my original personal play was LSU -9 (I have to post to appease the unit-tracker critics) and now it has gone down to -7.5 in some places."

So what is it Reb? Do you post the number you play at as you said emphatically above or don't you? When the line tumbles after you post such as in the LSU game, why do you have to add a twist? So you got a bad number originally. Big Deal. Why don't you just make it another 10* at -8?

husker

EOG Addicted

looks like all nysports posts were deleted. i haven't seen him lie about anything in the past about reb.

hoffa, all your posts are right on the money. especially the "You're very fortunate that someone has your back here". thats why i just let it go. the touts are protected here also, it is what it is. nothing we can do about it.

dirty

EOG Master

None is protected here Mr. Stalker husker.... What is he trying to sell... don't give the the BS you stalkers always use about his record being wrong or he is misleading.... stalkers like you and the others have nothing better to do than try to make a name for yourself by causing a ruckus in every thread started by anyone that gets a following.... Not one time has Reb tried to sell a pick here.... so get over it.... I don't understand the obsession.... the bottom line is pitiful stalkers like yourself cause more attention to be brought onto people that are misleading... People know whether these guys win or lose....doesn't take Long for anyone to figure out who is a fraud and who is not. If you stalkers would just let them be it would die and they would go away.... IF they are legit they will keep a following and stay popular.... you do everyone a disservice but your EGO by trying to be every ones Defacto DADDY on the forum.... Posters like you and nysports are more trouble than the touts...Cause more trouble than Touts.... and cause Mods to have to work 2-3 times as hard on cleaning Bullshit out of the forums than doing something Constructive for the forum.... Would our/your Time not be better spent trying to do something to Help the Forum and pick winners than to cause Trouble that disrupts everything.... Our Jobs would be so much easier and we could keep the forums cleaner if you and your minions would keep your noses out of others peoples business and quit stirring shit up.... Let it go and let us do what needs to be done....

If you can show me one POst where NYREb has tried to sell one play to anyone on this forum, or chuck luck, or any other so called tout then I will take back everything I just posted.... So the Touts are protected here bullshit excuse does not wash.... go try to sell that shit somewhere else.....

dirty

EOG Master

and PS....NYSPORTS posts were not deleted.... He was just a trouble maker....like you

None is protected here Mr. Stalker husker.... What is he trying to sell... don't give the the BS you stalkers always use about his record being wrong or he is misleading.... stalkers like you and the others have nothing better to do than try to make a name for yourself by causing a ruckus in every thread started by anyone that gets a following.... Not one time has Reb tried to sell a pick here.... so get over it.... I don't understand the obsession.... the bottom line is pitiful stalkers like yourself cause more attention to be brought onto people that are misleading... People know whether these guys win or lose....doesn't take Long for anyone to figure out who is a fraud and who is not. If you stalkers would just let them be it would die and they would go away.... IF they are legit they will keep a following and stay popular.... you do everyone a disservice but your EGO by trying to be every ones Defacto DADDY on the forum.... Posters like you and nysports are more trouble than the touts...Cause more trouble than Touts.... and cause Mods to have to work 2-3 times as hard on cleaning Bullshit out of the forums than doing something Constructive for the forum.... Would our/your Time not be better spent trying to do something to Help the Forum and pick winners than to cause Trouble that disrupts everything.... Our Jobs would be so much easier and we could keep the forums cleaner if you and your minions would keep your noses out of others peoples business and quit stirring shit up.... Let it go and let us do what needs to be done....

If you can show me one POst where NYREb has tried to sell one play to anyone on this forum, or chuck luck, or any other so called tout then I will take back everything I just posted.... So the Touts are protected here bullshit excuse does not wash.... go try to sell that shit somewhere else.....

Absolutely brilliant response.

I wish this could be posted where everyone could read it, because dirty is truly telling it how it is.

well..I am here for Rebs thoughts...Where are the picks?..I dont see any recent games in here..:smokesmal

well..I am here for Rebs thoughts...Where are the picks?..I dont see any recent games in here..:smokesmal

No picks in here, Jojo. You're in the dump. Battles are being fought down here to save the world from the forces of evil.

Go to college football section for picks.

husker

EOG Addicted

and PS....NYSPORTS posts were not deleted.... He was just a trouble maker....like you

i gust checked this thread again and don't see any nysports posts. i see responses to his posts but not the original posts. what am i missing??

hoffa made several posts about reb, i make ONE that was just agreeing with what hoffa said, and i am a trouble maker? i said what i thought about reb a month or two ago and have stayed out of his threads since. i thought you could say what you want here in the dump?