If You Think that They're SCAMDICAPPERS WHY...

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated
.....do you want their plays? I was reading the thread where the General is going to delete threads posting certain people's play like Malinsky...Gold Sheet, etc. The Gold Sheet? Why in the world would anyone want their pl;ays to start with. I've never seen them do well picking college and NFL plays. As a matter of fact, my friend gave me an extra copy he had, and they lost EVERY single one of their plays that week! Not ONE winner.

But we've all seen the threads at this site and others putting down all the handicappers out there that sell their picks. So I have to ask myself, if these guys are so bad making picks....WHY would you want to see what they're picking? Now if someone thought they were SOOO bad that they were fading those picks, I could see why you'd want to see the plays. But if you think they stink making picks, WHY would you even bother to want to see them?

You know what else gets me? If these guys are so bad, why would anyone want to continue to buy their picks. And, who buys their picks anyway? With so many people here talking bad about these guys, you'd think no one in the world would want their picks! Just wondering!

DrunkHorseplayer

EOG Addicted
Re: If You Think that They're SCAMDICAPPERS WHY...

I don't care to see their picks but anyone who wants to post their picks should be able to do so; nothing is worse than kowtowing to these cockroaches.

I don't follow any of these guys either, but it is best not to piss off potential advertisers. It could also be a legal issue since you (the subscriber) have to agree to their Terms, which include a statement that you will not republish/post/distribute...yadda yadda yadda...their information elsewhere without their permission.

Culver

EOG Veteran

I don't care to see their picks but anyone who wants to post their picks should be able to do so; nothing is worse than kowtowing to these cockroaches.

Cockroaches? Nothing like showing everybody what an idiot YOU must be.

"Dr. Bob" and the people at the Gold Sheet are quality people. They work hard. If you don't like their work, then don't read it.

Dave Malinksky is a friend of mine, I'm proud to say. You would have to look far and wide to find a more humble, decent human being. He is also a brilliant handicapper which is something an idiot like you will never be.

Here's the truth: The cockroaches are the pussies who post under assumed names on internet boards and take cheap shots at people who have proven over decades that they are better than you.

Go have a ragfest with Gary Greene.

DrunkHorseplayer

EOG Addicted

Here's the real truth and it's no cheap shot: if these monkeys were such great handicappers they wouldn't have to sell picks, they wouldn't be looking for cash by threatening BS lawsuits and they wouldn't mind more people seeing their "great picks". BTW, my real name is Phillip Daniel.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

....If You Think that They're SCAMDICAPPERS WHY...
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>.....do you want their plays?!

There are new guys who stumble into this "hobby" each & every day, and it takes a while before they finally realize or run into a forum such as eog.com to help them understand that paying for, searching for, or relying on service plays/touts are truly not worthwhile......

I would guess less than 10% of the betting public doesn't know these sites exist. Look at the USA Today, scamdicappers everywhere.

Here's the real truth and it's no cheap shot: if these monkeys were such great handicappers they wouldn't have to sell picks, they wouldn't be looking for cash by threatening BS lawsuits and they wouldn't mind more people seeing their "great picks". BTW, my real name is Phillip Daniel.

Then by that same logic, investment bankers and stock analysts have no use in society.

Not saying that these handicappers (or bankers or stock analysts) know anymore about their respective field than Joe Public -- but we live in an economy where if you provide marketing and a service, you can run a nice little business.

I used to fix computers for $$$ when I was young.

Were some people better at fixing computers than me? Definitely.

Could those people have found the information to fix their computer for free (from a friend, website, forum, etc...)? Definitely.

Did those people put their trust in me and decide I was worth an investment to see if I could fix their computer? Yes.

Did that make me a scam artist?

Knowing WHY lines move and when is very important. Knowing what tout services are releasing can be helpful.

Professional handicappers have the right to earn a living, even if you disapprove of their profession or views or opinions or whatever. If someone buys their picks, then posts them for everyone to see, those viewing the picks would not buy them. Whether the picks are winners or losers is irrelevant. If you want to know what game(s) these touts picked, you should buy them to find out.

Culver

EOG Veteran

Phillip-I respect you for posting your name.

But I still maintain that calling someone you know nothing about a cockroach or a monkey in a public forum is irresponsible.

Here is the real truth--you don't know the real truth.

Here are some real truths. Dave Malinsky does make a living handicapping sports. He doesn't need anybody's money. A lot of players (most of whom don't have time to handicap all day) want plays from someone as sharp as Dave because they like to gamble and they like to win. They make him offers for his picks. Billy Walters is just one of the people who has used Dave's picks. He has killed the books this year. If you want to be successful at sports gambling the smartest thing you could do is read everything Dave writes. The odds of you being as good a handicapper as Dave at any time in your life is about one in a hundred.

Don't let your ego get in the way of finding the truth.

Cobbler

EOG Addicted

Here are some real truths. Dave Malinsky does make a living handicapping sports. He doesn't need anybody's money. A lot of players (most of whom don't have time to handicap all day) want plays from someone as sharp as Dave because they like to gamble and they like to win. They make him offers for his picks.

Malinsky sells his picks for $350 a month. If he makes his living handicapping, he does pretty good selling that handicapping as well. I don't give a shit either way, but it isn't right to imply he's just helping people out by selling them his plays. He's after the dollar just like everyone else who is selling picks.

If he makes his clients money, great. $350 a month to win 8 units is a good investment. But there's a certain stigma involved with touts, and if you travel in those circles, some of that stink is going to rub off.

Malinsky sells his picks for $350 a month. If he makes his living handicapping, he does pretty good selling that handicapping as well. I don't give a shit either way, but it isn't right to imply he's just helping people out by selling them his plays. He's after the dollar just like everyone else who is selling picks.

If he makes his clients money, great. $350 a month to win 8 units is a good investment. But there's a certain stigma involved with touts, and if you travel in those circles, some of that stink is going to rub off.
Cobbler thanks for changing that AVATAR..That guy made me sick...

DrunkHorseplayer

EOG Addicted

If Dave doesn't need anybody's money then why is he threatening legal action over this? Apparently HE feels he needs some more money; if I were willing to waste my money on his picks I would make sure they got posted anywhere and everywhere just to spite him.

DrunkHorseplayer

EOG Addicted

Then by that same logic, investment bankers and stock analysts have no use in society.

Not saying that these handicappers (or bankers or stock analysts) know anymore about their respective field than Joe Public -- but we live in an economy where if you provide marketing and a service, you can run a nice little business.

I used to fix computers for $$$ when I was young.

Were some people better at fixing computers than me? Definitely.

Could those people have found the information to fix their computer for free (from a friend, website, forum, etc...)? Definitely.

Did those people put their trust in me and decide I was worth an investment to see if I could fix their computer? Yes.

Did that make me a scam artist?

If touts' business methods were applied to the computer repair field they would promise great service, take the customer's cash and fail to fix the computer, thereby costing them even more money. If you did that you would be a scammer. On the other hand, if you delivered as promised (and we know most touts don't) then you clearly are not one.
As for the stock market, when you see an ad promising big returns in a short time with very little investment, like most touts' ads, it's almost certainly a scam. The real stockbrokers (I do have one) don't make big promises: they tell you that it's a long-term game, the returns are slow and steady and that there will be bad periods but that if you have patience you'll probably, but not definitely, wind up ahead. Show me a tout who advertises like that.

Does Malinsky base his fee on performance or do you pay $350/month no matter what? If it's the latter, what incentive is there for him to do well? I know stockbrokers don't operate like that either. They make money based on the number of trades, not how well your portfolio is doing. My belief is that if these "experts" are being paid to help you make money, and you're losing money, they aren't doing their job and therefore should not be paid.

I'm in sales. If I don't sell anything, I don't make any money. Seems like we should all be on a commission- or performance-based system (whenever possible).

Alan

EOG Enthusiast

If Dave doesn't need anybody's money then why is he threatening legal action over this? Apparently HE feels he needs some more money; if I were willing to waste my money on his picks I would make sure they got posted anywhere and everywhere just to spite him.

Do you always speak with authority about issues you know absolutely nothing about? I have decided to stop posting because of the general attitude that you displayed which is passively endorsed by this site because there is no policy against posting proprietary information. (to be fair, the General stated when contacted by the handicapper or his site that they would not allow, when they see it, post to be made of their selections --- but then he said he would get email addresses to people willing to provide the stolen information)

I suspect that everyone here expects to be paid when they work. When advertisers advertise here, they pay. When moderators do their thing, they are paid. Regardless of how well handicappers do , if they choose to sell their work, they should be paid. What is wrong with that? The issue is only if they lie about their results.

Sure, most including me, who have ever paid for picks have been lied to and taken for a sucker. There are doctors who get paid for killing people as well.

Phillip, my name is Alan ---- if you are ever lucky enough to know Dave Malinsky as I do, you will wonder how you could have ever made the post you have made in this thread. I understand that you do not like touts --- perhaps that would have been a better way of expressing yourself. But, unlike Russ who respects you for posting your name, I have no respect for you because you clearly are talking about someone who you know NOTHING about other than he is a professional handicapper.

I sat in an airplane for 9.5 hours last week to have the privilage of buying Dave dinner. I wanted to send him a gift certificate and he would not accept it without me being there in person. He is as Russ said, one of the sharpest minds in sports betting. He moves numbers with his opinions and backs those opinions with his money.

For the record, Dave likely knows nothing about the issue here the last several days. He generally does not have the time to waste reading forums and responding to people who may or may not have a clue about what they are posting with authority. Dave does a write-up on each play he post at the web site he works for. Reading those write-ups give a consistant level of insight that most professional and non-professional players will never be able to attain. The web site that he provides his work on likely has expressed their displeasure with this site for allowing his work to be posted. Just as this site is in business to make money, that web site is also in business to make money and not have their proprietary information stolen.

It is a shame that the "tout" industry has such a well deserved bad reputation. It is disgraceful that you will take shots at someone who has done nothing but consistantly produce quality work with the highest standard of honesty and integrity. Regardless of what people do, it is difficult to be the best. Dave is one of the most gracious and humble people I know. He would be successful at anything he had chosen to do. You have made a poor decision not to buy his picks but if you did, I think that soon you would realize that you owed him the respect he earns and not want to post his work. Dave earns peoples respect through his amazing insight and ability to sort through the minefield on a consistant basis.

It is comical how people expect something for nothing. Russ started a web site with the thought that a quality honest professional handicapping product could be successful as a business venture. All you can ask from a handicapper is for them to do the work and provide honest results. That business model was modified by owners to the point that Russ felt the need to resign and left a successful site.

Phillip, I suspect that you do not realize that this site pays some of the posters to post their plays. That is the business model for EOG and a damn good one. I am sure that you read with interest Bucsfan's, Trace's, Russ's, Arne's, Jimmy Rotunda's and others opinions. Chances are that some of these guys are actually getting paid for their work to be posted here. What a disgraceful novel idea --- someone getting paid for their work and earning a living. I suspect that there are people that post here that are not actually mods that are paid in some form or other.

Each person that goes to the EOG bash is being paid via that party for their participation on this site. What a disgraceful idea to reward someone for being part of a hugely successful business model.

I am a square and somehow believe that right is right and wrong is wrong. It is wrong to lie and it is wrong to steal.

It is because of attitudes like yours that make this medium fall short of the utopia it could be of providing sports information. Why you ask? Many folks who actually have a clue do not want to give people like you the benifit of their experience.

Alan

ynot

EOG Dedicated

Culver, if these guys are doing so well "over decades" would it not be to their advantage to post their RECORDS?

From a marketing stand point, the capper who has a winning record should post it.

I already know the answer. BTW this is not directed at you personally.

Alan

EOG Enthusiast

Does Malinsky base his fee on performance or do you pay $350/month no matter what? If it's the latter, what incentive is there for him to do well? I know stockbrokers don't operate like that either. They make money based on the number of trades, not how well your portfolio is doing. My belief is that if these "experts" are being paid to help you make money, and you're losing money, they aren't doing their job and therefore should not be paid.

I'm in sales. If I don't sell anything, I don't make any money. Seems like we should all be on a commission- or performance-based system (whenever possible).

Not busting your chops but rather answering your question. If you buy Dave's plays on a daily basis, you do not pay unless they win. Monthly or yearly you get a significant price break over the daily price and you simply get the end results without a guarantee. I am going to post an example of Dave's work. He earns his fee which I suspect is a % of the total with the web site keeping the majority for operational expenses of the site and their profit.

One of Daves write-ups:

b>5* TULSA/UTAH Under</b><p><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Understanding the ability of coaches to bring game plans to the table at bowl time is a big part of our success each year, and the value that we get from Kyle Whittingham in this one is an example of how the oddsmakers can miss a situation. When <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Utah</st1:place></st1:State> had to make a hire to replace Urban Meyer at the end of the 2004 season, the university did not hesitate to promote Whittingham, the long-time defensive coordinator. And while the Meyer/Alex Smith years are not likely to be duplicated any time soon, they have someone running the show that absolutely knows his way around a defensive playbook. Especially at bowl time, when there is amply opportunity to prepare for the opposition.<p>
This will be the fifth time since 2000 that Whittingham has had to put a game plan together for a bowl, and the results so far have been spectacular ? how about allowing only 23 points in those first four games combined? And we look for more of the same here. For while the Golden Hurricane offense puts up nice numbers and shows excellent balance, they do it more on tactics than talent. Paul Smith runs this offense with precision, for instance, but is not drawing much interest at all from N.F.L. scouts. With ample time to study those spread tactics, which in reality are very simple to what the Utes run themselves, look for Whittingham to once again have the puzzle pieces in the right places.<p><o:p></o:p>

We expect the same flow when <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Utah</st1:place></st1:State> has the ball. QB Brett Ratliff suffered through a disappointing season, and it is an offense that lacks big play ability, with only two touchdowns all season on plays of more than 40 yards. They are not going to tactically fool a sound <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Tulsa</st1:place></st1:City> defense that rated 19<SUP>th</SUP> in the nation, and that turns this one into a methodical battle for field position. The oddsmakers have vastly over-priced this matchup in trying to call for a wide-open affair, being far too influenced by the weak defenses that these teams faced at the bottom of the Mountain West and Conference <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">USA</st1:country-region></st1:place> groupings.<p><o:p></o:p>

You get this for every play he makes. You can follow he reasoning and decide that you do not agree with him and pass. He simply works his tail off. I asked him recently why he did the write-ups to the extent that he does. His answer was that it made him better to be forced to justify in writing his opinions. The money he gets from the web site income that he receives is for work he would do anyway. Why the hell not maximize your income in a no risk situation.

Alan

EOG Enthusiast

another writeup for a game that is completed:

b>4* HAWAII/ARIZONA STATE Under</b><p><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Back in September we devoted a segment of one of our <i>GRIDLINES</i> columns to detailing the likely demise of Dirk Koetter at Arizona State this season, focusing on his inability to build a full program, instead of just the high tech passing game that he had been able to install. So what an irony there is when he is fired following a season in which the defense, special teams and running attack finally made strikes, but the passing let everyone else down. But as further evidence that reputations are difficult to change, this price reflects the ?old? <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Arizona</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">State</st1:placeType></st1:place>, not the team that will take the field here, and as such there is excellent value to the Under.<p><o:p></o:p>
First, the fact that the Sun Devils struggled to throw the ball this season is nothing that can be corrected with a few more weeks of practice. The problem was a WR corps that was gutted by injuries and suspensions, and they will enter this one with a cast of Mike Jones, Chris McGaha, Brandon Smith and Kyle Williams that combined for 39 catches this year. Five different <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hawaii</st1:place></st1:State> receivers caught more than that individually. But State did run the ball well, and understands that ball control is the key to beating the Warriors on this field. And make no bones about it, Koetter?s preparation is all about winning this game, with clear comments about rewarding his seniors by going out with a ?W?, rather than focusing on younger players during the extended practices. And why should it be any other way for a lame duck coach.<p>
Here is the real key, however. <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Arizona</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">State</st1:placeType></st1:place> was #2 in total defense in the Pac 10 this season, and when we factor in the quality of competition faced the pass defense was one of the best in the land. They held six of their last seven opponents to less than 50 percent completions and less than 200 yards through the air, while also coming up with 31 sacks this season. There may not be a better safety tandem in the nation than Zach Catanese and Josh Barrett, which particularly bodes well against the challenges of the <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hawaii</st1:place></st1:State> offense. And instead of some listless assistants out shopping their resumes, DL coach Grady Stretz and CB?s coach Al Simmons have already been hired by Dennis Erickson to stay with the program next year, which helps the focus here.<p><o:p></o:p>

As always, the <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hawaii</st1:place></st1:State> offensive statistics force the oddsmakers into a high range. But in their final game the Warriors faced a Pac 10 defense that annually sees plenty of wide open passing attacks, and <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Oregon</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">State</st1:placeType></st1:place> came up with six sacks and a pair of interceptions. Colt Brennan is going to pile up completions against anyone, but this might well be the best pass defense he has faced this season, and he will have to work for everything that he can get. Combined with the Sun Devils likely to command yards and clock time running vs. a smallish Hawaii defensive front, and this is hardly the flow that is being called for with a total in the 70s.<p

Anyone with a clue realizes this type of insight has significant value is goes much deeper than most have the ability to take a handicap.

ynot

EOG Dedicated

Alan....What is Dave's RECORD...?

Alan

EOG Enthusiast

Alan....What is Dave's RECORD...?

121-59-4 in all 2006 football selections.

4-0 so far in bowl selections

Most of these plays were good regardless of the number that the player found. With this type of record and the amounts Dave goes to the window with personally, you will find line movement which can impact the record some.

Hache Man

I've tried to keep quiet on this dubject, and I'm not directing this towards anyone, but offering a "Guarantee" on plays, or a "Pay only after you win" is basically a scam on top of a scam.
Anyone can offer such.

Should the money that someone has lost on the actual wagers from the "guaranteed/pay after you win" selections that didn't come through just be forgotten or considered water under the bridge...........? :+clueless

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Cockroaches? Nothing like showing everybody what an idiot YOU must be.

"Dr. Bob" and the people at the Gold Sheet are quality people. They work hard. If you don't like their work, then don't read it.

Dave Malinksky is a friend of mine, I'm proud to say. You would have to look far and wide to find a more humble, decent human being. He is also a brilliant handicapper which is something an idiot like you will never be.

Here's the truth: The cockroaches are the pussies who post under assumed names on internet boards and take cheap shots at people who have proven over decades that they are better than you.

Go have a ragfest with Gary Greene.

Mr Culver-

While I respect your sensitivity to this issue, I believe the term cockroaches works for scamdicappers. But I also believe you cannot bunch every handicapper that sells his plays together. I have dealt with a couple of cappers in my lifetime that are more honorable than most players. Two that come to mind are Mel Stewart and Donn Wagner.

When I think of the cockroaches of your profession, I think of the Stu Finers and Wayne Roots of the world. These people call your house and try and coerce you into buying their plays. They ask you if you can move 2 or 3 dimes on an individual play saying that it is already predetermined, etc., etc.

While there are a number of reputable services out there, those are few and far between. In trying to get your business, the shadier of the characters do whatever they can to make their plays seem unbeatable.

If you would like my real name, I would be happy to forward it to you via email.

Have a safe, happy and profitable Holiday Season.

Alan

EOG Enthusiast

I've tried to keep quiet on this dubject, and I'm not directing this towards anyone, but offering a "Guarantee" on plays, or a "Pay only after you win" is basically a scam on top of a scam.
Anyone can offer such.

Should the money that someone has lost on the actual wagers from the "guaranteed/pay after you win" selections that didn't come through just be forgotten or considered water under the bridge...........? :+clueless

Hache Man,

You of all people as a mod on this site should know that there is a huge difference between someone who is a handicapper who also sells his work and someone who markets as a sports handicapper. I do not know Dr. Bob nor the people at the GS but I know Malinsky. To paint him with the brush he is being painted with in this thread by some is disgraceful and shows a total disregard for the truth. The site that Malinksy post his plays offers many different ways to purchase his plays. The daily pay people must have a profit or they do not owe. Pretty fair for someone who is almost 60 games above the breakeven point and has been a consistant winner for years.

Some people could have had the computer groups plays in the beginning and would not have known what to do with them.

Sure, there seems to be as many crooks as hard workers in this industry but that does not make it right to lie about the good ones.

Honesty in handicapping services or ethics in handicapping marketing is a different subject. This site was/is effectively endorsing the theft of someones work. Talk about unethical and low rent!!!!

dirty

EOG Master

And In All Fairness Alan you are Being Disrespectful to Our site and the Mods At EOG...In No way did a Mod or Our site Encourage anything that was said...We agreed to take the Picks down....What more do you want? Are you an agent trying to broker a deal with EOG or another company for their Services? I am confused. EOG has and always will abide by the requests we recieve...Get off your High horse and attack the proper people, NOt EOG or its Mods.... The offer General Made for the Emails was not to give to people to steal Malinsky's picks...It is a standing offer we give to every poster here since we don't have a Private message system or allow emails on the site. It was nothing more or nothing less.... I think YOU Alan owe Ken, Pete, and every Mod here at EOG an apology for Dragging our Name thru the Mud as you are accusing others of doing to your Friend.....I don't Know DAve, and don't pass Judgement on anyone....But you, Alan, Seem to be doing alot of that with Your Holier than Thou Attitude.... I have always enjoyed your posts and perspective on the site Alan...But on this one You are Way off base Concerning EOG...

Granted the posters who attack touts will attack anyone that is a Pro Handicappers because they are not willing to try to separate the good from the Bad...They are ignorant of the situation at hand and don't want to believe there are honest professional Handicappers out there...I understand that is where you are coming from...and I don't blame you for taking your stance for your Buds...But on EOG's case you are way off Base as evidenced by professional Handicappers posted on this site. IF Ken and Pete didn't believe them to be Honest legitimate People they would not be here.

DrunkHorseplayer

EOG Addicted

If Dave's YTD record is truly 121-59-4 then he should be commended to no end. But I think everyone can understand why I have trouble believing things when I hear about a 67.2% win rate by a guy who, for some strange reason, doesn't want anyone to post his plays where they can be widely viewed and judged. "Proprietary information"? Personally, I think that's a crock and I'd like to see it decided in court. BTW Alan, I don't expect something for nothing and am well aware that others get paid to post picks but I make strictly my own picks.

I compare this to the horse races. If a guy goes 2-3 times a year, then there is nothing wrong with buying a tip sheet. But if he is going to go to the races 2-3 times a week then he should handicap himself.

Alan

EOG Enthusiast

And In All Fairness Alan you are Being Disrespectful to Our site and the Mods At EOG...In No way did a Mod or Our site Encourage anything that was said...We agreed to take the Picks down.....

Not my intent to be disrespectful to anyone --- if you think that I believe that it was coincidental that The General posted his offer to pass on email addresses in the same post that he announced that Malinsky was coming down you have got a very hard sell.

I simply call it the way I see it. The policy should be that picks from other sites are not allowed to be posted. What is so difficult about that? It is not right to post anything that is sold by someone -- regardless. Even if it is Stu Feiner who is doing the selling. To allow otherwise is sleazy in my opinion.

I have been very respectful to this site. I have said that I believe it is a terrrific business plan. But, allowing someone's proprietary information to be posted is sleazy. If you don't think so, then I am sorry I offended you but I am not sorry for speaking my opinion.

You post the truth and those that simply do not know, call you a liar. I ask Phillip would you want to work for nothing? why don't you go to work in the morning and prove to the fucking world that you can do your job for free.

You should have asked me about Malinsky's college basketball. It has been as good as his football.

Do I have an agenda -- hell yes, the truth. Am I an agent -- funny stuff. I am an old fart that used to work my ass off handicapping and did OK over a long period of time. Now, I listen to my friend and since he is responsible for me being plus about 100 units since the first of the year, I will take the time to defend his right to be paid for his work rather than have some asshole post it for everyone to see.

dirty

EOG Master

And Alan how do we determine whose picks are whose...whose to say the Joe Schmoe doesn't go and get Daves picks and comes in here posting them as his own....Then when they win big they get the credit for it...expecting us to be able to do that is wrong and is not possible

Alan

EOG Enthusiast

And Alan how do we determine whose picks are whose...whose to say the Joe Schmoe doesn't go and get Daves picks and comes in here posting them as his own....Then when they win big they get the credit for it...expecting us to be able to do that is wrong and is not possible

Dirty,

As I have said --- I think this site has a fantastic business plan. You have recruited top talent --- and the name calling and the usual stuff that goes with posting forums is mostly absent.

Surely you do not believe what you just posted --- you can not control someone stealing plays and posting them as their own. BUT, you can and should control someone posting someone's elses picks. Malinksy has been on a run of a lifetime reserved for someone who has talents beyond most. He has the right to market those plays as he sees fit. For this or any other site to allow his plays to be posted with the knowledge that they are his plays is wrong. It is not even debatable from my square perspective. I do not understand how anyone can think differently it is so obvious to me.

Not just Malinsky but anyone who attempts to sell their work should be afforded that policy. You can not monitor what you do not know -- have never said that. But to look the other way is wrong. To essentially say our policy is that when notified we will take them down when we see them was ok, not great. But by following it with if you need your email address to be sent to someone, contact any monitor was pure bullshit. My opinion -- simple enough, we agree to disagree.

dirty

EOG Master

When they ask we remove...that is all we can do...as we don't know every person in businesses model, etc... ONce we have been asked we oblige...

Mirroring what dirty said.

For EOG to take a pro-active approach to removing these picks is simply not understanding the nature of a high volume message forum and the work that goes into moderating it.

Just take yesterday for example. In what was somewhat a "slow day" for NFL football (considering there was already a Thursday and Saturday game played, and two others being played today), there were 100+ posts in the NFL Forum alone between 6pm on Saturday and 3pm on Sunday. Countless others in the main forum, as well as countless others that were started earlier in the week.

It's simply not possible for moderators to go through 200+ posts and compare them to different services to see if they are exact matches -- and even if they are, with the limited # of plays and the high # of services, you're going to have some identical cards just out of coincidence.

So, knowing that EOG (or any high volume forum) can't PROACTIVELY look out for posters "ripping off" tout picks, then the burden has to fall on the services themselves to notify the website and then let the site do its due diligence on the manner. And honestly by the time the tout finds the picks, notifies the moderators and the moderators do the research, either the cat is completely out of the bag or the games have all since started. Nature of the industry.

While I agree that EOG or any forum shouldn't go out of their way to post other tout's plays, to think that they are capable (or that it is even their responsibility) to police an issue like this is wanting someone else to do your work.

Like I said... Nature of the industry when you are dealing with opinions on events. Do you think the hotshot stock analyst that gives out a stock pick to a client expects all of the stock forums on the Internet to police their sites to make sure one of his clients isn't telling people to BUY that stock? No -- he either has to police his own CLIENTS to make sure they aren't releasing this information, or come to grips with the fact that his money is going to be made on the initial clients he releases to -- and as time goes by the laws of diminishing returns will kick in as more people are informed of the stock and his value is lessened. He has to hope that those that eventually do have the stock picks trickled down to them will see an advantage in getting the information "first hand" and getting in on it early. If he doesn't see value in this, then he'll wait until its public knowledge.

In summary:

1) Forums have far too much volume to police their site for people posting identical cards to touts.

2) It is the touts job to police his own clients and stop the leaks at the source -- not go after the ocean where the leaked information flowed.

3) Part of the market in any "information service" is making your money on the people who want the information quick and/or catered directly to them. With any "information service", the info will eventually hit the public (unless #2 is done very well) -- you have to have a service good enough to make people want it direct.

I've never followed Dave Malinsky, but I have the utmost respect for guys like Russ Culver, Arne Lang, Trace Fields, etc... But honestly if Dave's plays are that good, then they are moving the lines -- and if they are moving the lines than the sharp gamblers out there won't get any use out of the pick once its trickled down to the message forums, and the square gamblers don't know much about the message forums anyways so you aren't losing much business there.

To wrap it up -- its not EOG's job to stop the leaks from YOUR clients. We'll happily remove the picks if the due dilligence is done and we deem it responsible to do so.

Hache Man

The policy should be that picks from other sites are not allowed to be posted. What is so difficult about that? It is not right to post anything that is sold by someone -- regardless. Even if it is Stu Feiner who is doing the selling. To allow otherwise is sleazy in my opinion.

But Alan, there are a handful of smaller sites who post every service imaginable on a daily basis, and depend on such for traffic survival.

I don't mean this in a rude way, but shouldn't you be more concerned with & concentrate on those particular sites who operate solely to share this material, rather than eog......?

We all agreed to this when we registered:

"Although the administrators and moderators of Eye On Gambling Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Eye On Gambling Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message."

I understand this to mean that if a tout's picks are posted illegally at EOG, mods will remove it if it is brought to their attention. The mods are not responsible for digging through every post to find objectionable material.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

I wonder if a tout could sue someone for posting picks that they PAID for. I mean, they bought them, didn't they? Do you sign a contract when you sign up for a tout service? I think a judge would laugh such a lawsuit out of court.

Alan

EOG Enthusiast

But Alan, there are a handful of smaller sites who post every service imaginable on a daily basis, and depend on such for traffic survival.

I don't mean this in a rude way, but shouldn't you be more concerned with & concentrate on those particular sites who operate solely to share this material, rather than eog......?

You know, I was not looking to police this issue ----- I do not come here to find something objectionable so I can bitch about it. Sure there are places that live off that sort of thing ---guess what, they will never get my hit nor will I ever add anything to their site.

The issue is not about how successful a legal battle would be. Sure, I doubt anyone would ever sue and if they did, I doubt they would win. But, what happened to common good old honesty and integrity. Do we only do the right thing when forced to do so? Do we then provide and alternate method for cheating the person out of income that actually does the work.

I have been told that I should apologize for what I said. If I need to do that, then I never should have been here in the first place. My intention is not to bust anyones chops but rather to get a great site to focus on changing a very bad policy.

I am disappointed that the issue has become my defense rather than right and wrong.