Saturday Plays...

kcjhawk3

EOG Senior Member
Not a great day yesterday going 1-2. Busy all day but have some night thoughts. I will post them as I play them.

Penn State ML (+115)- This is a game that the Nittany Lion program needs to win. They have a solid core of players that can now compete against some of the middle-level teams especially on their home floor. MSU is very short on experience and scoring ability and it shows on the road where they score less than 59 points a game and are 0-3 ATS on away from home. They are a team that looks to beat teams up on the glass to get their points and Penn State does a great job of preventing just that. Penn State is 4-1 ATS at home and I think this a great chance for the Penn State program to make a statement against a vulnerable team like MSU.

YTD- 140-128 +4.72 units

kcjhawk3

EOG Senior Member
Re: Saturday Plays...

San Diego State +11.5 (-110)- Things seem to turn more difficult for the Falcons of Air Force when they enter conference play and the teams are more prepared for their style of play. They have yet to cover a spread in conference play so far going 0-5 ATS. When you look at San Diego State the talent is there and when the motivation matches their talent they are a scary team for anyone to play because they have experience, size, and NBA talent. These teams always seem to play close games and when you look at the Aztecs this is a golden chance for them to make up for their 0-2 conference start and make up for a disappointing season. Expect a big performance by SDSU today and the Falcons are reeling and vulnerable right now and I at least look for SDSU to put up enough of a fight to stay in this game.

kcjhawk3

EOG Senior Member

Nebraska -15 (-110)- Nebraska is a better team than they have shown thus far in conference play. They are a team that ranks 40th in the land in offensive efficiency and they hold their opponents to just 57 points a game on their home floor and as a result they are 3-0 ATS at home. They should score very easily in this game because Maric will have his way in the paint and they will get a lot of open looks form behind the arc. There is nothing special about CU they are 2-7 ATS against teams with winning records and they rank 270 and 279 in offensive and defensive efficency respectively. Nebraska will be out for blood in this game after a tough 0-2 start in conference play and CU is the sacrificial lamb in the Big 12 this year.

kcjhawk3

EOG Senior Member

Northern Arizona ML (+110)- The Lumberjacks as probably expected considering their praise in the pre-season have turned their game up a notch since coming into conference play. They have started 5-2 and have been scoring at will on teams in conference scoring over 90 points a game on 55% shooting from the field. When you look at Portland State they really haven't beaten anyone of note so far this year and they don't have the weapons that NAU does. NAU is just playing with so much confidence right now coming off a big road win at EWU and I think they continue their strong play tonight in a good value spot.

kcjhawk3

EOG Senior Member

Last play of the day and I will be back tomorrow:

Wofford -1.5 (-110)- There is no denying Wofford has been bad this year as they have started conference play 0-7, but they are showing signs of life of late. They have lost two real close road games to Ga. Southern and Furman and stayed within 5 of Davidson in their last home game. Their biggest issue is defense but I am not sure Chattanooga has the tools to exploit that. They are scoring just 64 points a game in conference play and they will just chuck threes right along Wofford. Wofford is a better team than their record may show and I think they will finally crack the win column in this match against a very similar team as themselves.