THE SHRINK'S RECAP OF THE 2007 EOG BLAST!!!

I can honestly say that out of all the parties I have ever hosted since founding TheRX, the EOG 2007 Blast topped them all...

Some of the nicest people I have ever met were all assembled together outside of Vegas for the first time. And although many had warned me it would not be a GOOD IDEA to host a party anywhere else other than Vegas, I believe WE PROVED THEM ALL WRONG!!! :houra

I truly appreciate ALL OF YOU who took the time out of your normal life to celebrate this party with all of the EOG team and me, both employees and posters.

To say this was a dream come true for Scarlett and I would be an understatement.

You see, for so many years, Scarlett and my Family had to deal with a very SELFISH and EGOCENTRIC man who could not stop drinking or drugging. The only thing I cared about was where I would cop the next score. Hell, I couldn't stay sober long enough to remember much about any of my previous forum parties...

However, with the HELP and SUPPORT of AA and mainly my LOVING FAMILY, I am so grateful for what we have today...

And because of this, Scarlett and I were finally able to GIVE SOMETHING BACK to the people I love the most; our children, daughter in laws, brother-in-law, ALL FAMILY members, employees and last but not least, OUR POSTERS...

Scarlett, Tony, The Glue, General, SOS and Jessica, Dirty, Lawrence, The Devil and Mrs. Devil, Hache Man, Russ and Kay, Andrew, Shortbus- Thank you all for helping to make this EOG blast the VERY BEST I could have HOPED for.

VegasMike, Ironlock, Real Slim Shady, Kosar, Jrock, all of the Panthers, Mr Fury, Napolean, 5teamparlay, Baus, thrillkill , Devilman, 2Niner, Woody, sofos, Bettor Days, Smoke, Chris from New Zealand, Trish, Terry, Tommy, etc etc etc (I'll remember more tomorrow)---Thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting EOG...

In closing for now (more later), a favorite poem of mine comes to mind.......

1. The Road Not Taken-by Robert Frost-1920

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>T[SIZE=-1]WO[/SIZE] roads diverged in a yellow wood,</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>And sorry I could not travel both</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>And be one traveler, long I stood</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>And looked down one as far as I could</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>To where it bent in the undergrowth;</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[SIZE=-2][/SIZE]</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Then took the other, as just as fair,</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>And having perhaps the better claim,</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Because it was grassy and wanted wear;</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Though as for that the passing there</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Had worn them really about the same,</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[SIZE=-2][/SIZE]</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>And both that morning equally lay</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>In leaves no step had trodden black.</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Oh, I kept the first for another day!</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Yet knowing how way leads on to way,</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>I doubted if I should ever come back.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[SIZE=-2][/SIZE]</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>I shall be telling this with a sigh</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Somewhere ages and ages hence:</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>I took the one less traveled by,</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>And that has made all the difference.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks EVERYBODY!!!!!! :+music1-6

It was so much fun to be there with all of you...

It is truly appreciated and we WILL DO IT AGAIN in 2008 baby....:party

THE SHRINK

Re: THE SHRINK'S RECAP OF THE 2007 EOG BLAST!!!

Ken,

I know you've heard it a thousand times already -- but thanks again. It's not often that I'm in a position to bring someone to a party like that and be completely comfortable that not only would she be wowed by the environment, but that she would enjoy the company of each and every person she met.

I think its very unique that a site this young could get that many people together so far from their respective homes and pull off a party like that. The ease in which everyone seemed to find a table and other posters to talk to on Saturday night is a tribute to the close community you've created.

I'm sure I already rambled on in one of my drunken stupors to you, but I'll say it again -- thanks for everything.

THANKS AGAIN for you and your better halfs hospitality. Great time had by all.

dirty

EOG Master

Thank you Ken and Scarlett.... After the planning was done, I really believe all of us Employees had the easy part... Just being ourselves. Mingling with the Posters and enjoying the Atmosphere.... But Most of All if you and Your entire Family, Not just Scarlett, Tony, Mrs M, Glue and Mrs Glue, but the entire Clan you brought with you Made everyone feel Like they belonged and were accepted. And by spending even 5 Minutes talking to any of you you could tell it was Genuine and Not a act. Great People made this a Great time all the way down from the Hosts to the Posters.... Even Kosar Played Nice :+textinb3

Again Thank you for everything You and Your Family Did :cheers :+signs8-3

The Devil

EOG Master

KEN, YOU AND SCARLETT THREW A HECK OF A PARTY SATURDAY NIGHT........A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL......

Twoniner

EOG Addicted

Truly a great time getting to meet some really great people. Can't thank you enough for putting it together for us. I agree with Dirty. I think seeing Sofos win that $500 hand while waiving off the dealer like the home plate umpire from the movie major league, was the highlight of the trip!

dirty

EOG Master

Truly a great time getting to meet some really great people. Can't thank you enough for putting it together for us. I agree with Dirty. I think seeing Sofos win that $500 hand while waiving off the dealer like the home plate umpire from the movie major league, was the highlight of the trip!

yea....he was giving One heck of a I am Staying sign on.... You got it....just like that ump in Major League...Tony May'n said he looked like a Air Traffic controller waiving off a Airplane :+textinb3

But it was one heck of a time...was definitely worth the Trip to see him win it...:+excited-

Shrink, you out did yourself Saturday night. Total class. Thank you.

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

Hey Shrink! I had a great time at the bash. The dinner and party on Saturday night was totally first class. I really didn't want to come back home I had so much fun there. I finally arrived in Cali about an hour ago. Oh well! Back to reality whatever that is. I want to do this again next year at whatever place you have in mind at the time.

Thank you for everything! It was awesome man!!!!! :houra

Roc

EOG Enthusiast

You have a tremendous gift to bring a picture in your writing, Ken.

The picture I see is a peace and happiness in life that I (and Im sure all) would like to experience and live.

Hold the memories 'blast' participants, it sounds great and Im sorry I missed it.

Be well all,
Roc

CHARLIEPEETE

EOG Dedicated

what can i say it was a blast . Ken and Scarlett thanks again i should have stayed for sundays events but my work schedule was calling..............by far the best event i have been too................the party sat. night was over the top good work see ya next year.............:+music1-6

rainbow

EOG Master

Shrink that was a great POST, I can RELATE to alot of the DRINKING and USING in the PAST MYSELF, I KNOW IT HAS TO BE A GOOD FEELING TODAY FOR YOU TO BE CLEAN AND SOBER, CONGRATS AND I WILL TRY MY BEST TO MAKE THE 2008 BASH...

:+signs8-3

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Once again, thanks for everything Ken....

rainbow

EOG Master

Once again, thanks for everything Ken....
Hache, this BASH from reading all the other POSTS seems to be by FAR the BEST EVER, I?m glad everyone had a GREAT time, I will try my BEST to make the next BASH, I?m JEALOUS...

Hache, this BASH from reading all the other POSTS seems to be by FAR the BEST EVER, I?m glad everyone had a GREAT time, I will try my BEST to make the next BASH, I?m JEALOUS...

rainbow,

It TRULY WAS!!!!!!!!!

I hope to see you there next year.....

I never thought so many people could be genuinely nice and some were much different than their posting personnas..

Ken

Shrink I would just like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart!! It was truly a trip to paradise!
The party was unbelievible and you and General were the perfect hosts! The food was over the top and the lagoon lounge was incredible!!

You truly have out done yourself and you should be very proud of the event that you put together for your family and our great posters!!

MRS MONTANA and myself are truly greetful!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!:+signs8-3

Woody

EOG Veteran

Thanks, Ken. It was a blast we really enjoyed, the environment was fantastic and the banquet was sumptuous.

Made a change to find the sharks in the pool and not on the poker table.

Mrs 748

EOG Member

To the famous Shrink and his beautiful wife Scarlett

I can't thank you enough for the most memorable holiday i have had.
I was so glad to finally meet you after our brief greetings on the phone
You made me feel part of a special group of people and i can see why Andrew spends so much of his time on your forum.

I'm looking forward to a rematch of pool golf in 2008.

many many many thanks again

Em
xxx

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Glad to see you posting Mrs 748. Welcome to the forum and thanks to everyone involved in making the event such a BLAST!

:cheers

ms panther

EOG Senior Member

To Ken and Scarlett thanks for the lovely party. We truly enjoyed it. Michelle cant wait till the next one. vegas was fun last year but you out did yourselves this year. The setting was excellent and the people were too. Cant wait till the one next year. My vote is for the Bahamas again. Hated to come home to the cold and work. Saving for next year to do it all again.
Thanks again for the lovely time and seeing you guys again. You two are one in a million.

love ya

Ms. Panther