I expect late Colt money

d ray

EOG Dedicated
Re: I expect late Colt money

well i have them at 7, so if it does go up more then a point i'll take it again. thats enough points anyway, i expect a straight up win here for chicago, glad i got +225.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

d ray what do you think will be the biggest factor for the Bears winning?

d ray

EOG Dedicated

I'm just riding you, but i do like the fact i can get 7, i think it could be a good game, but hoping. Benson and Jones are the key, if they can run like they did against the saints, which i don't think is possible, the bears could win. also the fact that new england got good returns every time, I like Hester's chances of possibly busting one at a crutial point in the game. I'm really excitied for this game as you are I assume. But i think this game will be close. 8 weeks ago I heard from everyone, the Bears can't get to the SB with Rex at QB. Well, why stop doubting them now? They're out to prove a point, and there defense is palying better in the postseason as is indy's.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

Also I think the Bears defense, because of their speedy LB's, match up well with the Colts.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

Not expecting almost 200 yards rushing again, but if they are successful on the ground, watch out, plus Manning has been turning it over alot in the post season, the Bears defense is great at creating TO's.

The General

I have not been high on Rex as many of my past posts since his entry into the NFL would show, but he is there and if Dilfer can get a ring, then....

It's Katie bar the door

d ray

EOG Dedicated

Who's got more pressure on them? Honest question - Manning or Grossman? I think Manning, and how is he gonna handle it? Rex went through so much this year, and yeah I know he isn't much to brag about, but if he's hitting the deep ball, watch out, you don't need this guy getting his confidence up. Which sometimes I say to myself, how can he look so good on some of those throws, then look so bad on a 5 yard square out?

d ray

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE cellPadding=1><TBODY><TR><TH align=left>Passing</TH><TH>Comp</TH><TH>Att</TH><TH>Comp %</TH><TH>Yds</TH><TH>Y/Att</TH><TH>TD</TH><TH>Int</TH><TH>Rating</TH></TR><TR align=right><TD align=left>Trent Dilfer</TD><TD>134</TD><TD>226</TD><TD>59.3</TD><TD>1502</TD><TD>6.65</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>76.6</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

d ray

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 border=0><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right ?><TD align=left>SPLIT</TD><TD>CMP</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>CMP%</TD><TD>YPA</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>SACK</TD><TD>RAT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD>262</TD><TD>480</TD><TD>3193</TD><TD>54.6</TD><TD>6.65</TD><TD>62</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>73.9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Grossman

The General

Grossman has been playing good enough to win and that is what they are judged on by the masses.

mgmhatesme

EOG Addicted

I also think it makes sense to remember that the Bears just played a very good passing team in the Saints that had some great weapons at their disposal. Brees was on quite a hot streak and had thrown only 1 INT in his last 6 or 7 games (the Washington loss) before throwing 1 in the loss to the Bears.

Peyton has of course, thrown 6 INTs in the playoffs and does have a lower passer rating than Grossman for the postseason. He was on fire in that 2nd half of the Pats game though and threw some great passes under pressure.

Bears can run on this team, but Grossman needs to involve Clark early as he did against the Bucs cover 2, to loosen up the run D a bit. Forget 8, Colts will have 11 in the box until Grossman proves something. But Bears ultimately can run on them like they ran on the Saints.

Biggest risk to a Bears bettor and hope for Colts backers is Grossman certainly. But there is not a whole lot else for Colts bettors to hang their hats on. Manning is very good, but thats such a widely known and publicized bit of info that it is in the line already. The Colts did only score 14 at Cowboys, 17 at Ten, 17 at Jax, and 15 at Baltimore. The Bears just held the high-powered Saints offense to 14. It can be done.... of course I could state the games where the Bears allowed a ton and the Colts scored a ton... but my point is it is possible (reminds me of the Dumb and Dumber line "So you're saying there's a chance...") and getting 7 points here is a factor.

The ML value is on the Colts as the Bears should be +250 here based on the line and I dont know about going that direction as Manning has a better chance to pull out a close game. If I were wagering on the Colts, it would be ML and Peyton for MVP at +money... Bears would be taking the 7...