How about using Kelly system to wager on Suns "OVER" totals?

Apple

Banned
What would be the best system to utilize this strategy?

We all pretty much know the Phoenix Suns are notorious for scoring an obscene amount of points and we also know it's uncommon for a long string of their games to fall under the total..

What would be the best way to start this?
Honestly I don't see Suns totals losing more than 4 times in a row all season let alone 10..
Is there a way we could make profit on this with minimal risk?

Help me out here.. Thanks in advance.
<!-- / message -->

Apple

Banned
Re: How about using Kelly system to wager on Suns "OVER" totals?

A better team might be the Washington Wizards, they have never had more than 3 consecutive unders the entire season..
Imagine the money that could of been made?

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

..there is a poster; across the street; who asserts there are a smattering of nba teams which are very unlikely to go more than 5 halves without an over..>> and uses a martingale type system to ensure a profit UNLESS, the progression goes 6 halves without an over; although apparently he got burned at least once this year..!!

clearly an idea that can work; but if you hit a couple of bummers too quickly; you could lose a buncha change quickly..!!

gl

:smokesmal :p

Risky, very risky. Being a serious Suns fan and a pretty serious bettor of NBA totals I would say this is really asking for it. At some point in the second half Coach Mike is going to work on his "playoff style". He won't talk about it publicly, but you will realize it about 3 or 4 games after the fact. Not to mention the linesmakers aren't going to let this work if they can help it. They will overinflate totals numbers to no end if the Suns go a couple of unders because there will be bettors out there who take up a strategy like this and the lines will have to reflect the big action on the "over" when this eventuality happens.

Yeah you might get away with it for the rest of the year, but then again you may not. Its a small sample, about 40 games, so you really won't know if it was a valid strategy no matter what happens. Because just think, what if you do lose, what then? No real way to recover your losses this year.