Request for avatar change...

I don't know how to do that. Maybe Gyno can give me instructions ?

Anyhow if whichever mod here does it could update mine to the image below, it would be appreciated.

TY

mofome

Banned
Re: Request for avatar change...

Anyhow if whichever mod here does it could update mine to the image below, it would be appreciated.

TY

wtf kinda thing is that? if thats what i think it is, you arent posting that shit on eog.

mofome

Banned

TY

is that a racist symbol of some sort, doug?

Not racist, we live in a police state, flag needs to be updated.

I'll have Dirty pull it if gets the wrong reaction. I'm not racist.

Cobbler

EOG Addicted

How about reading a history book before you start using that kind of symbol Doug?

PO69

EOG Master

DOug, the flag is TOTALLY uncalled for! There are 18 year old kids and fathers dying RIGHT NOW oversees so that you can lead the life that you currently lead!

The flag is not the problem, no need to disgrace the yourself or the USA with this nonsense. If you feel this strongly, then head to Washington and do something about it. Pick up a gun yourself and protect your rights!

PO69

EOG Master

How about reading a history book before you start using that kind of symbol Doug?

I am not even bothered with the history issue as much as with the disgrace of our own country. Pick up a gun and shoot some one Doug, or move to Canada

I support you Doug. The USA is disgracing itself by its actions.

I will be changing my avatar also.

BAUS

kidslick

EOG Dedicated

Not racist, we live in a police state, flag needs to be updated.

I'll have Dirty pull it if gets the wrong reaction. I'm not racist.

Doug I know your not a racist I also know that your pissed off at your Gov't

Woody

EOG Veteran

I support you Doug. The USA is disgracing itself by its actions.

Well now I've seen the flag it fits in with my view of where the US has slowly been heading these past 5 years, since the Patriot Act was introduced to a rubber stamp Congress. As a foreigner I have been distressed to see a once proud and mighty country fall toward facism. The fall from 09/11/01 when the whole world shared your grief to the present, as the world's greatest pariah, has been almost unbelieveable. I guess much can be laid at the feet of the dictator(s) in the White House.

The squealing of online gamblers when their own ox was gored by the UIGEA simply reminded me of the following well known quotation:

"First They Came for the Jews

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niem?ller"

baus has the avatar now too?? disgraceful fucksticks should leave the USA if they dont like it

Removing the avatar is fine if it offends many, I'm cool with that.

Yes, I live in Canada. I view this flag more as a statement of the current status of the USA and it's politics, and not as an insult to anyone.

Good post Woody.

BAUS

Cobbler

EOG Addicted

Yes, I live in Canada. I view this flag more as a statement of the current status of the USA and it's politics, and not as an insult to anyone.

BAUS

Your avatar proclaims that you are an ignorant fool who lacks any understanding of history. Congratulations.

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

Except for the weed and those whores in Montreal, Canada sucks ass.

I never intended to cause such a stir with this, I guess it looked OK to Dirty... or he wouldn't have made the change ?

Now deleted, I'm OK with that, I don't want it if it doesn't work right and offends, but BAUS can fly it ? No problem, he can have it, I don't want it back, I just wonder why it's OK for him to have it ?

Then there's BTJ who seems pretty racist to me.

I only skimmed Mo's long thread which I guess I caused, like I said early on if that image was offensive to the majority then I'm fine killing it.

Chacun ses gout

dirty

EOG Master

I never intended to cause such a stir with this, I guess it looked OK to Dirty... or he wouldn't have made the change ?

Now deleted, I'm OK with that, I don't want it if it doesn't work right and offends, but BAUS can fly it ? No problem, he can have it, I don't want it back, I just wonder why it's OK for him to have it ?

Then there's BTJ who seems pretty racist to me.

I only skimmed Mo's long thread which I guess I caused, like I said early on if that image was offensive to the majority then I'm fine killing it.

Chacun ses gout

Doug I am all for each persons Freedom of speech... I didn't agree with it or like it...but It was not my place to tell you that you could not use it. BAUS avatar is gone.... I didn't see the big deal with it as you were Not being racist, just showing your displeasure with the direction of our government

napoleon

EOG Veteran

I think the flag is great, and I truly respect Americans like Doug who deviate from the typical American sentiment of being a blind patriot. The US govt has conditioned its people to behave like sheep....sheeple I guess.

To Mr. Only:
I respect the soldiers, because I think most of them are fighting because they believe they are defending American freedom. Unfortunately, I personally believe most of them are dying for nothing. Sacrificing themselves for Bush's war. Do you guys really think that the US presence in Iraq has prevented terrorism on US soil? Jeez....that's what they would have you believe. But let's get real for a second. On an international scale of tragedy, 9/11 was a very minor incident. 3000 casualties.

Now I know a few of your overzealous Americans are gonna come out firing and bashing me cause im a dumb Canadian, so I just wanna make something clear. I love America and I love Americans. I spend a ton of time in the US because of that. I hate Bush and I hate US foreign policy. I see his approval rating was recently at 30%. It boggles my mind that 30% of Americans still believe in such an obvious sack of shit. Then again, if I was forced to take in all the crap that the govt and US media shoves down your throat, maybe I'd blindly believe in that idiot as well.

back up there napoleon!!

you can say what you want about bush, but to call 21 flaming fvcking radicals flying four planes into civilian targets in one day and killing 3000 people a minor incident on a global scale is bullshit!!! jmo!!!

Cobbler

EOG Addicted

I think the flag is great, and I truly respect Americans like Doug who deviate from the typical American sentiment of being a blind patriot. The US govt has conditioned its people to behave like sheep....sheeple I guess.

I love this argument: if you don't believe what I believe, you are a sheep and a blind patriot.

And please....cut the garbage about "respecting the soldiers". It is just lip service coming from the likes of you. The vast majority of soldiers in the army think just like your so-called "sheep." Maybe if you met a few of these sheep in Iraq you may understand how they tick.

joe blow

EOG Addicted

I love this argument: if you don't believe what I believe, you are a sheep and a blind patriot.

And please....cut the garbage about "respecting the soldiers". It is just lip service coming from the likes of you. The vast majority of soldiers in the army think just like your so-called "sheep." Maybe if you met a few of these sheep in Iraq you may understand how they tick.

:cheers:cocktail Good post
BTW: I also didn't like the idea that a from canada was also using it..

andrew748

Banned

Swastika Not Simply a Nazi Symbol - OhmyNews International

Use of the Swastika in Hinduism

<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100"> <tbody><tr> <td rowspan="5"> </td> <td align="right"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td height="10">
</td></tr><tr> <td align="left"> Swastika symbol </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="context" align="left">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="date" align="left">?2007 Arati Singh</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The swastika is one of the 108 symbols of Lord Vishnu and represents rays of the sun, which are the source of life. A Hindu's life then is symbolically guided by this sign, safeguarding his/her good fortune, peace and prosperity.

From an everyday prayer to the initiation of important life events like birth rituals, weddings and festivals, the use of this symbol is a means of appeasing the deities of peace and well being.

Almost no rites could be initiated without employing this motif. The swastika, then, informs the religious identity of one billion Hindus worldwide, who relate to it as Christians do the cross. It is to be found in all those sacred places -- temples, motifs, altars, paintings and icons that are considered sacred, customs that are practically unknown in the West.

or you could think of the use of the swastika in this context as showing the sun dawning an a bright new day which means Doug is an optimist :)

Last edited:

napoleon

EOG Veteran

Tony,

No single death is "minor." Certainly not to the person's loved ones. But from an objective standpoint, on the scale of tragedies in history, 9/11 was trivial when you think about how much coverage and $$ went into it. 3000 people from one day or 6 million jews slaughtered in the Holocaust? Hmmm....I'd say 9/11 was minor in comparison.

The Devil

EOG Master

Tony,

No single death is "minor." Certainly not to the person's loved ones. But from an objective standpoint, on the scale of tragedies in history, 9/11 was trivial when you think about how much coverage and $$ went into it. 3000 people from one day or 6 million jews slaughtered in the Holocaust? Hmmm....I'd say 9/11 was minor in comparison.

NAP, I JUST WONDER HOW MINOR YOU WOULD FEEL 9-11 WAS IF IT HAD HAPPENED IN MONTREAL OR TORONTO.............SEEMS EVERYTHING IS MINOR WHEN IT DON'T HAPPEN TO YOU.....

LIKE THE OLD JOKE GOES: SURGERY IS MINOR IF THEY OPERATE ON YOU, MAJOR IF THEY OPERATE ON ME.............

NAP, I JUST WONDER HOW MINOR YOU WOULD FEEL 9-11 WAS IF IT HAD HAPPENED IN MONTREAL OR TORONTO.............SEEMS EVERYTHING IS MINOR WHEN IT DON'T HAPPEN TO YOU.....

LIKE THE OLD JOKE GOES: SURGERY IS MINOR IF THEY OPERATE ON YOU, MAJOR IF THEY OPERATE ON ME.............

Why would another country want to cause harm to anyone from Toronto or Montreal in the first place? 911 wasn't something someone woke up one morning and said hey let me cause a horrible amount of pain and suffering to a random country. The main reason Canada would be in any danger is because of the fact we are right next door to the US.

And you took his post out of context to boot (however I don't agree with the orginal post as well since that 3000 deaths have lead to many more plus a mass loss of life is horrible be it 3000 or 6 million)

andrew748

Banned

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s-k5FLT34-I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s-k5FLT34-I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Considering that 100 people a day are dying in Iraq, that would make Iraq a 9/11 per month for the past 2 years with no end in sight... don't see too many upset about that...

The flag should stay.

The last 5 years have seen the greatest erosion of personal liberties in this country in the last century (closely approaching that of WWII). Both parties kick and scream while voting to restrict peoples rights more.

dmmd i don't think they know the difference between the usa and canada!!

the fact is that they have been killing eachother over there since the beginning of time!! they kill in the name of religion and even differences in their own religion!! the bad thing is that now they have figured out how to bring destruction across the ocean!

and if you think that they wouldn't fly a plane into a canadian city given the opportunity well!!! your wrong!! last i checked canada wasn't a muslim YET!!

they just like us a little better than you!!!

andrew748

Banned

i should think that Canada is probably more likely to get attacked by Peta for their seal squashing, than a bunch of Muslim terrorists for their interfering in world politics.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Why would another country want to cause harm to anyone from Toronto or Montreal in the first place? 911 wasn't something someone woke up one morning and said hey let me cause a horrible amount of pain and suffering to a random country. The main reason Canada would be in any danger is because of the fact we are right next door to the US.

And you took his post out of context to boot (however I don't agree with the orginal post as well since that 3000 deaths have lead to many more plus a mass loss of life is horrible be it 3000 or 6 million)

One of these days, no matter how long from now, some country somewhere will have a problem with Canada.

That will be the day that many Canadians change their perception of the USA and will ask for a helping hand.......

The Devil

EOG Master

NO SENSE GETTING INTO AN ARGUMENT THAT NOONE CAN WIN, NO MATTER WHAT SOMEONE THINKS, OTHERS WILL THINK THE OPPOSITE................

I'M SURE KLINGHOFFER(SP) WHILE SITTING IN HIS WHEEL CHAIR ON AN OCEAN LINER WAS A THREAT TO SOMEONES NATIONAL SECURITY WHEN THEY TOSSED HIM INTO THE OCEAN................

PROBABLY A GOOD IDEA TO STICK ONES HEAD IN THE SAND WHILE EVERYTHING GOES AWAY AND WAKE UP ONE MORNING AND ALL THIS WILL JUST BE HONKIE DORIE..................

NO MORE WARS, NO HATRED....WE CAN JUST SPREAD OUT OUR PRAYER RUGS AND FACE MECCA...............