Vietnam Vets to Vote on Iraq Troop Surge

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated
Vietnam Vets to Vote on Iraq Troop Surge

By DARLENE SUPERVILLE, Associated Press Writer

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(getElapsed("20070203T180352Z"));</SCRIPT>Sat Feb 3, 10:03 AM<NOSCRIPT>UPDATED 21 HOURS 34 MINUTES AGO</NOSCRIPT>
WASHINGTON - Four senators who will vote this week on putting more troops in Iraq bear the scars of another war in another time, in a place called Vietnam. Three will vote against sending more troops. One will vote the other way.
John McCain, a former Navy fighter pilot, was captured by the Vietnamese, tortured and imprisoned for more than five years. Knowing what it is like to have fought before and lost, he is with President Bush on sending 21,500 more troops to Iraq.
Chuck Hagel, an infantryman in Vietnam, was seriously wounded by an enemy mine explosion beneath the armored personnel carrier he and his brother were in. He opposes the troop increase.
So does Senate newcomer Jim Webb, an ex-Marine who speaks Vietnamese, who opposed the Iraq war from the outset and campaigned for the Senate wearing the combat boots of a son who recently went off to the war.
"Welcome to hell," he wrote in March 2003, the month of the U.S. invasion. "Many of us lived it in another era."
Webb, 60, a Democrat from Virginia, was wounded while commanding a Marine rifle company during some of Vietnam's bloodiest fighting, in the An Hoa Basin west of Danang. He had shrapnel lodged in his left knee, left arm, back of the head and right kidney. Webb said the experience changed him.
"I was probably older when I was 24 than I am right now," he said years after the war.

<!-- End Main Content -->

dirty

EOG Master
Re: Vietnam Vets to Vote on Iraq Troop Surge

And what does this mean .... Absolutely nothing ... and it has nothing to do with their service in Vietnam

And what does this mean .... Absolutely nothing ... and it has nothing to do with their service in Vietnam

Means nothing to Bush even though all these agree with the vets stand
American people have spoken
Retired generals have spoken
Congress will pass a resoultion
Now vets are speaking
Troops in Iraq have spoken
Former Presidents have spoken
Iraq study group has spoken

Remember George only listens to George..

I thought those that compared Bush to Hitler were way off
but now as he keeps sending our kids to slaughter for no reason
im thinking they have a good point.

dirty

EOG Master

Exactly Wrigs... Doesn't mean a thing what those guys think unless the rest of Congress in on Board... Congress has the power to stop this now... Quit Bitching about Bush.... He has to do what Congress Authorizes.... Direct your Anger where it belongs ... at the SEnators and Congressmen who Keep Authorizing the Money, etc.....

The Devil

EOG Master

I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHO THESE SURVEYS SURVEY..........I'M 61, LIVED IN NEW YORK ALL MY LIFE AND NEVER ONCE HAVE BEEN IN A POLITICAL SURVEY.....WHO DO THE ASK ANYWAY???

WE HAD A GOLF DINNER RECENTLY.........ALL THE GOLFERS IN THE CLUB ARE AT LEAST 50 YEARS OLD.........THE OLDEST BEING 88 AND THERE WERE CLOSE TO 100 OF US THERE, AND I CAN TELL YOU THE VAST MAJORITY WERE ALL BEHIND THE TROOPS.......PROBABLY 90%.........

I GUESS THE MAJORITY OF DESENTERS DON'T COME FROM NEW YORK........

The Devil

EOG Master

I LEFT OUT ONE OF THE GUYS HAS A SON SERVING IN IRAQ ALSO...........

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

Who' s not behind the troops. That a bulllshit way of framing the question. I support the troops by saying bring 'em home. At least we know what the golfers think, or do we? Actually lots of people don't want to be accused of being unpatriotic so they don't reveal their opposition to the continuing slaughter and billions being wasted. The toughest thing for a patriot is to oppose govenrment during wartime. But see, Hallliburton ain't patriotism. You got that one? It amazes me that gamblers, guys who think they are so slick, get suckered by the starched white shirt crowd. Just shows they ain't slick at all. Just suckas. Cheney lied..guys died. Get over it, right.

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHO THESE SURVEYS SURVEY..........I'M 61, LIVED IN NEW YORK ALL MY LIFE AND NEVER ONCE HAVE BEEN IN A POLITICAL SURVEY.....WHO DO THE ASK ANYWAY???

WE HAD A GOLF DINNER RECENTLY.........ALL THE GOLFERS IN THE CLUB ARE AT LEAST 50 YEARS OLD.........THE OLDEST BEING 88 AND THERE WERE CLOSE TO 100 OF US THERE, AND I CAN TELL YOU THE VAST MAJORITY WERE ALL BEHIND THE TROOPS.......PROBABLY 90%.........

I GUESS THE MAJORITY OF DESENTERS DON'T COME FROM NEW YORK........

Did you notice the laast election results? Did you notice republicans going over to the other side? Do you even think or just try to persaude people over to your loser point of view?

The Devil

EOG Master

Did you notice the laast election results? Did you notice republicans going over to the other side? Do you even think or just try to persaude people over to your loser point of view?

FRANK, I TRY TO REFRAIN FROM CALLING YOU A LOSER.......EVEN THOUGH I THINK YOU ARE ONE..........BECAUSE I AM TRYING TO REMAIN CIVIL WITH YOU....................

ALL I SEE FROM YOU IS ONE COMPLAINT AFTER ANOTHER....IT IS QUITE OBVIOUS YOU ARE NOT A HAPPY PERSON.....SO IF YOU WISH TO REMAIN MISERABLE, BE MY GUEST AND CONTINUE ON YOUR MERRY WAY........ME I AM QUITE HAPPY, SMILE ALOT AND TRY TO GET THE WORLD TO BE A BETTER PLACE.................

The Devil

EOG Master

AS FOR YOUR, DID I SEE THE LAST ELECTION BIT.....OF COURSE I DID, BUT IF YOU THINK THAT WAS SOMETHING NEW, YOU ARE QUITE MISTAKEN AGAIN....HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.......EVERY 8-12 YEARS, THE REPUBLICANS FALL OUT OF FAVOR, THEN THE DEMOCRATS WILL FALL OUT OF FAVOR....REASON BEING FRANK......BOTH PARTIES ARE ALL LIARS AND DON'T ACCOMPLISH WHAT THEY SAY THEY WILL............NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL.............

dirty

EOG Master

Devil... I posted the stats from every 2 Term president since FDR... The number of seats gained by the Dems was right in line with the average seats gained by the opposite party of the President/and or Party at the 6 year election....

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

The position you have been advocating for these past few years is falling apart before your eyes. The lies, the deceit, the slaughter, the billions to war profiteers is becoming a matter of public record while you irrelevant cretons blubber on. Just watch the libby trial for to once again quote Tom Cruise from the Color of Money-"It's a nightmare and it keeps getting worse."

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

Really no need to argue with you guys. Events are moving so swiftly they have replaced rhetoric. But rhetoric is about all you guys got left. That and blind obedience to perverted values masquedrading as patriotism and acrobat politicians all riddled with widening cracks as they do a phony balancing act on the graves of our sons.

The Devil

EOG Master

FRANK, I BELIEVE I AM ALLOWED TO HAVE MY OWN VIEWPOINTS, EVEN IF THEY DIFFER FROM YOURS..............SOMEWHERE I HEARD IT WAS THE AMERICAN WAY......

Waltou

EOG Enthusiast

How about letting the people on welfare voting to see if they get more money? Frank, you are truly an idiot. Let the tail wag the dog. that is why there are elected official that make decisions for this Country. If you don't like the decisions, elect someone else. This is America, ain't it?

Waltou

EOG Enthusiast

AS FOR YOUR, DID I SEE THE LAST ELECTION BIT.....OF COURSE I DID, BUT IF YOU THINK THAT WAS SOMETHING NEW, YOU ARE QUITE MISTAKEN AGAIN....HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.......EVERY 8-12 YEARS, THE REPUBLICANS FALL OUT OF FAVOR, THEN THE DEMOCRATS WILL FALL OUT OF FAVOR....REASON BEING FRANK......BOTH PARTIES ARE ALL LIARS AND DON'T ACCOMPLISH WHAT THEY SAY THEY WILL............NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL.............

Amen, Brother, this has been my point exactly. Most people feel they have to be republican or democrat. The choices are becoming blurred. Politicians create their own self-satisfying means. It's all about money. One day, hopefully, the business-minded people will take control of this country and run it like a business. No more deficit spending, no more something for nothing, and take care of our sick and poor. If you are able to work, you should. Sounds too simple, huh? It is!