** Superbowl In-Game Thread **............

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Re: ** Superbowl In-Game Thread **............

Lots of action out of the gate. That miss extra point not gonna help me on my squares. Very entertaining hope it keeps up.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

this is a tuff game for the drunks in the baroom who have to win there bets or get f/ed out of a sq. hit. haha

BetPot

EOG Addicted

bears +7.0
under 47.5
under doesn't look good. hm another fumble 2:34 for colts..

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

great punt, but sure would like to have seen them go for it, after the penalty....no matter how good the punt, you dont gain much punting from the 36...

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

not sure bout running it there. i guess u don't want grossman to fuk up doing too much but, i dunno

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Indy is dead set on establishing the play action. I prefer the no huddle hurry up and throw, but I guess that is a reason I am not coaching. LOL

Marino and Co. nearly PROMISED during pregame hoopla that weather would have little/no effect on game. This leads to a reminder of rule no. 1 for those who would invest in the outcome of games: NEVER trust what the talking heads say about factors which could be interpreted to effect viewership; they care only about ratings, and will say whatever their handlers believe will have a positive effect on same. . .i.e., bad weather will lower scoring, which the networks believe the casual fans don't like. Ergo, the talent must poo-poo the possibility that the weather will negatively affect the scoring.

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

Colts looking good. Over looking real good! 16-14 now. Keep 'em points a coming!!!

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Marino and Co. nearly PROMISED during pregame hoopla that weather would have little/no effect on game. This leads to a reminder of rule no. 1 for those who would invest in the outcome of games: NEVER trust what the talking heads say about factors which could be interpreted to effect viewership; they care only about ratings, and will say whatever their handlers believe will have a positive effect on same. . .i.e., bad weather will lower scoring, which the networks believe the casual fans don't like. Ergo, the talent must poo-poo the possibility that the weather will negatively affect the scoring.

There are 30 points already and counting. Have to disagree as far as scoring is concerned. Level of play yes, but that does not equate naturally into lower scoring.

Nice call Dan :+textinb3

Wrigley, I agree that the scoring has apparently not been lowered b/c of weather here. As a matter of fact, I don't really buy into a straight one-to-one correlation between bad weather and lower scoring in the NFL where two good teams are involved. What I was trying to say was that as a general rule, I believe that the networks think the casual fan equates bad weather with lower scoring. Because the networks know they already have us, the dedicated fan, they try mightily to obtain the casual fan, who the networks believe don't like lower scoring, and who equate bad weather with lower scoring. Therefore, the talking heads are instructed to opine that the weather won't have a negative effect on scoring. Sorry this went on much to long. . . .

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

This is unreal. Expect it out of Indy being a dome team but Chicago? Big game plus weather = mega tournovers.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Indy gets ball to start second half. Very fun game so far.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

exciting 1st half..

Will the game be more clean the 2nd half?

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

would have liked that extra 3 points, but you're right general...

we get the ball first, need to go right down the field and score, put the pressure squarely on Grossman, and see what happens..

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

Didn't expect Viniteri to miss that FG. GEEZ! Good game going into halftime.

i have bears and over.. love the over but can the bears stop indy? and WHY MUST THE BEARS.. get a turnover then hand it right back???

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

hope Prince doesnt perform for too long, not sure how hard it will be to handle the ball in "Purple Rain"....

:+textinb3

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

old guy drinking coke for the first time was pretty funny too....

running with the bulls, and getting tattooes...

panther

EOG Dedicated

low scoreing 2nd half

colts win game by 3-5 pts

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

wow, i really am getting old...

I used to really like Prince, but this is just getting on my nerves now....

its not horrible or anything, but I just keep thinking, is this over yet?

Oh to be young again..

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

wow, i really am getting old...

I used to really like Prince, but this is just getting on my nerves now....

its not horrible or anything, but I just keep thinking, is this over yet?

Oh to be young again..

We're the same age and I thought he did great. Maybe its cause you just want the game over and a Colts victory.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

We're the same age and I thought he did great. Maybe its cause you just want the game over and a Colts victory.

maybe so...

Like i said, i didnt think it was horrible or anything, but there was a time when i would have been real happy to hear Prince was performing, and would have been watching with interest, today, not so much