PRINCE JUST ROCKED HALFTIME!!

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Re: PRINCE JUST ROCKED HALFTIME!!

Thought he was decent May'n. Ever time I hear him play any song off of Purple Rain, it takes me back in time. Back in da day!!!!

LIL PRINCE !! SOME HENDRIX!! LIL TINA!! SOME FOO FIGHTERS AND BACK TO PRINCE!! THAT WAS A GOOD SHOW!!!

would have rather seen Janet's (Ms Jackson if you're nasty) breast again myself

CHUCK!! I WOULD RATHER SEE PRINCE!! HE ALWAYS HAS THE HOT CHICK WITH HIM!!

JANET IS ALL WASHED UP!! MAY'N!!!

dirty

EOG Master

Best Halftime Show In a While <hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1"> but I am a Big Prince fan...especially the older stuff up thru the Mid 90's.... Seen him in Concert in the late 90's and this guy is a Musical Genius...can play any style and is good at it....

Best Halftime Show In a While <HR style="COLOR: rgb(43,41,94)" SIZE=1>but I am a Big Prince fan...especially the older stuff up thru the Mid 90's.... Seen him in Concert in the late 90's and this guy is a Musical Genius...can play any style and is good at it....

NO QUESTION!!! VERY UNDER RATED!!!!!!!!

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

most thought purple rain was his best, i liked the New Power Generation album, with "Cream" , "Diamonds and Pearls", "Get Off" and others....that was a tight album...

BUCS !! HE'S FUNNY TO WATCH!! YOU CAN'T MAKE THAT SHIT!! LOL!!!

AND YOUR RIGHT ALL PRINCE'S DISCS ARE REALLY GOOD!!
I LOVE ''CREAM''!!!!

Katie

EOG Master

he has talent but i didn't think it was his greatest performance.

Rodney Bosich

EOG Member

I'm not really a fan of Prince, but like some of his more rockin' songs.

I really thought he did a great job at halftime. He surprised me, and everybody else I am sure, by doing Foo Fighters stuff. All in all it was the best halftime at a super bowl I can remember.

dirty

EOG Master

No Malfunction As Prince Rocks Halftime
By DOUGLAS J. ROWE
AP Entertainment Writer

AP Photo/Alex Brandon

Phew! CBS got through the halftime show without a "wardrobe malfunction." The Artist Formerly Known as a Munchkin of Wardrobe Dysfunction began by singing "Let's Go Crazy," but he didn't.
Prince, who became a Jehovah's Witness in the mid-1990s, no longer wears yellow, butt-baring pants as he did at the 1991 MTV Video Music Awards (prompting Howard Stern's send-up at the '92 VMAs). The closest thing to a fashion statement Sunday night was an odd kerchief on his head. So the NFL had no repeat of the 2004 Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake show, which happened the last time CBS broadcast the game.
The 48-year-old Prince, who rose to stardom in the '80s with his distinctive fusion of R&B, funk, soul and rock, once looked androgynous and produced songs that (lest we forget) drove Tipper Gore nuts (and made her a fat target for anti-censorship types like Frank Zappa).
Musically, the diminutive, erstwhile prodigy from Minneapolis kept it old-school, rockin' the house with "Purple Rain" and other golden hits.
He delivered one of the best Super Bowl halftime shows - ever. Consequently, he didn't come across as a painfully safe choice - or a has-been, the rap against the previous couple of Super Bowl halftime acts, Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones.

Before and after Prince took the midfield stage (shaped like his symbol when he was The Artist Formerly Known As Prince), Jim Nantz and Phil Simms gave a bravura performance in the booth. Now in their third season together, the duo have a nice rapport.

AccessNorthGa.com - North Georgia's Newsroom

Salo

EOG Dedicated

That was the best halftime show I've ever seen. When he broke out the Foos, that was awesome. Prince is the man!

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

I think it was the best halftime show I can remember.

I think 1999 was his best album with songs like 1999, Little Red Corvette, Lets Pretend Were Married, DMSR and Delirious.

For all his eccentric ways Prince is a huge sports fan and for that he will always be okay in my book.

That was a really good halftime show!!!! Prince is the MAY'N!!!:dancefool

NY Times agree

His performance last night at Super Bowl XLI will surely go down as one of the most thrilling halftime shows ever; certainly the most unpredictable, and perhaps the best.
New York Times

Prince wowed the audience and the television viewers with a 12 minute long display of genius!
Showing off his guitar playing skills, he played an interesting set where he included a few short tributes to other artists, as well as his own material.
The press has reacted very positively, with some commentators calling it the Best halftime show EVER!

Read press reviews here
Read more about the show, and our reactions.
View pictures from the show
Check out a video of the show!

Press reviews of Prince's Superbowl performance

I will also give credit to PRINCE for playing in the rain!! We all know how weird he can be, but it didn't seem to phase him a bit!!!

I have a prince disc in my truck!! Said what you want Prince is a ROCK STAR!! NO DOUBT!!:+excited-

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

Best halftime show ever, I actually felt gay for him last night

Hitdogg

He was great. I can't believe he covered a Dylan song and a Foo Fighters song. That was pretty cool.

His stuff from Purple Rain kicks ass - still one of the best soundtracks ever.

Heck, where were Apollonia, Morris Day, and Jerome also? That would have been a cool surprise.

Mrs 748

EOG Member

I have just watched Prince at half time as I went to bed last night.

OH MY GOD IT WAS AWESOME.

I love that little dude.:houra

I enjoyed the show but Jime Rome just blasted the show

He said Prince only has 4 hits and the show took him back to like it was 1989
not even 99.

He said Boys to men must of been booked so they had to go with prince.

Katie

EOG Master

he wasn't THAT bad! actually he is very talented but something about it just wasn't as good as i expected.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

I had my doubts about him doing the halftime show, but I was very impressed and thought it was one of the better ones I've seen. Prince was awesome.

I enjoyed the show but Jime Rome just blasted the show

He said Prince only has 4 hits and the show took him back to like it was 1989
not even 99.

He said Boys to men must of been booked so they had to go with prince.

I usually like how Jim Rome goes off on stuff, but he's not right this time.

dirty

EOG Master

Prince is top notch.... When he was starting out with Little Red corvette and then with the Revolution he was great...He was very good after that with the Funk shit from Batman and then Rasberry Beret album and that era...

But when he became Symbol and shit he really screwed up and he tried to Buck the establishment and failed. But that concert I saw in 99' from him was Flat out Kick ass... played for 3 hours non stop...everything he had ever done...

Last night it was great because you could tell he was actually singing the stuff and he was into it.... It sounded great and he can pick the Hell out of a Guitar....Musical Genius