What BOOKS do you expect to DISAPPEAR after the Superbowl?

If I had to guess, I'd say the book with 5 letters in it.....Friends, please be careful not to deposit too much in any one place. Cuz at any given time, the book will pick up and disappear on ya.\\:hung

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated
Re: What BOOKS do you expect to DISAPPEAR after the Superbowl?

ID, Today is a special day. Can we table this discussion until tommorrow?

GL in your plays.

Nimue77

EOG Senior Member

Which book has 5 leters in it? Betus?

If I had to guess, I'd say the book with 5 letters in it.....Friends, please be careful not to deposit too much in any one place. Cuz at any given time, the book will pick up and disappear on ya.\\:hung

rainbow

EOG Master

I THINK ALL THE TOP BOOKS WILL STILL BE AROUND, EVEN IF THE SUPERBOWL FALLS 7, DONT WORRY THEY HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY OFF EVERYONE, I THINK MOST OF THE ACTION IS -6.5 AND +7 WAY MORE -6.5 AND +7 THAN -6.5 AND +7.5 NOT EVEN CLOSE, I DONT EVEN NEED TO PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL ANYBODY EITHER, THATS A NOBRAINER, MOST BOOKS WILL GET SIDED ON THIS GAME IF IT FALLS 7 WHICH IS DISASTER, BUT ITS ALOT BETTER THAN GETTING MIDDLED FOR ALOT MORE MONEY, I?M SURE BOOKS WILL GET MIDDLED IF IT FALLS 7 BUT NOT LIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE THINK, THIS GAME FOR THE LAST TEN DAYS HAS BEEN SITTING ON MOSTLY 6.5 AND 7-05 I SURE DONT RECALL SEEING NO 7.5 OUT THERE, SO TAKING THAT IN CONSIDERATION MOST PLAYERS WILL BUY THE GAME UP FROM 6.5 TO 7...

Last edited:

I have to think the result was pretty damn good for them. Did not appear they ever got much Indy side action, the rain helped cement the public's view of the Bears. Don't forget the public took a lot of Bears ML as well. Probably will turn out to be an above average year for the books since the favorite and over parlay didn't get there either.

The Devil

EOG Master

I have to think the result was pretty damn good for them. Did not appear they ever got much Indy side action, the rain helped cement the public's view of the Bears. Don't forget the public took a lot of Bears ML as well. Probably will turn out to be an above average year for the books since the favorite and over parlay didn't get there either.

YOU FAILED TO MENTION EVERY TEASER WON.............

I'm highly doubting the books lost too much on teasers. Superbowl bettors weren't betting 2 team teasers for the most part when the orgy of action was out there.

The Devil

EOG Master

I'm highly doubting the books lost too much on teasers. Superbowl bettors weren't betting 2 team teasers for the most part when the orgy of action was out there.

WELL, I DON'T KNOW WHAT WAS WRITTEN ON THIS GAME....ALL I CAN SAY WAS WHEN I WAS BOOKING I ALWAYS PRAYED THE MONDAY NIGHT GAME OR ANY GAME THAT WAS THE ONLY GAME TO BET FELL OUT OF DOUBLE MIDDLE TEASER RANGE.............I DOUBT I WAS THE ONLY BOOKIE THAT WROTE TONS OF TEASER ACTION.........

rainbow

EOG Master

TEASERS HAD TO BE TOTAL DISASTER FOR OFFSHORE BOOKS, I DONT SEE HOW ANY OF THEM COULD HAVE OVER COME IT TO MAKE ANY KIND OF MONEY TO AMOUNT TO ANYTHING, WILD BILL, THE ONLY ONES THAT COULD HAVE OVER COME THIS IS THE LOCALS, AND I DONT EVEN KNOW IF THEY DID, ITS KNOW TELLING HOW MUCH THE OFFSHORE BOOKS WROTE ON TEASERS, WHATEVER IT WAS IT DEFINTELY WASN?T NO GOOD...

JamaicaJoe

EOG Member

I am gonna agree with the Devil here. Those teasers do make a dent on games like this. And no matter how you teased this one up you won. That plus the fact alot of Under money coming in all week and then the bad weather also bringing in more Under money. The wise guys were on the Bears plus 7 and the public money all came in late on Indy. So I would say not the greatest SuperBowl ever for the books.

msftkid

EOG Addicted

Guys Devil is RIGHT teasers are a huge part of locals business. They are great to book AWFUL when games fall in middle. The value of the teasers is powerful enough to offset the GODAWFUL college football which never seems to be profitable.(bowels excluded)

msftkid

EOG Addicted

Teasers are so powerful I would just soon watch the game for nothing and just keep all the teasers however last nite situation is always a sobering event. Last nite is like poker .You have 2 aces and some idot calls you down with the 5 6 and cracks your aces it is a miserable expierence but you cant wait for the oppertunity again. Rain talked to Lenny yesterday and he laughed.

JamaicaJoe

EOG Member

Getting back to the question. I dont expect to see any books disappear. But I do expect them to cut back on marketing and deposit players. Basically have too now until payments solution problems iron out. I also expect to see alot of these shops cut back on staff and overhead which is something that happens every year but this year will be even more visible. Gonna be the end of the squares for awhile...A wiseguy will always figure out how to get down...Will be interesting to see how this all plays out...

rainbow

EOG Master

Teasers are so powerful I would just soon watch the game for nothing and just keep all the teasers however last nite situation is always a sobering event. Last nite is like poker .You have 2 aces and some idot calls you down with the 5 6 and cracks your aces it is a miserable expierence but you cant wait for the oppertunity again. Rain talked to Lenny yesterday and he laughed.
HOW IS LENNY DOING? TRUST ME HE KNOWS MY WHOLE FAMILY WELL...

rainbow

EOG Master

Getting back to the question. I dont expect to see any books disappear. But I do expect them to cut back on marketing and deposit players. Basically have too now until payments solution problems iron out. I also expect to see alot of these shops cut back on staff and overhead which is something that happens every year but this year will be even more visible. Gonna be the end of the squares for awhile...A wiseguy will always figure out how to get down...Will be interesting to see how this all plays out...
I DONT THINK NONE OF THEM ARE SPENDING ONE QUARTER ON MARKETING THESE DAYS MUCHLESS CUTBACK...

msftkid

EOG Addicted

Yea I know he id you immediatly. Lenny as you know has struggled the last few years and i believe it is still the same.

rainbow

EOG Master

Yea I know he id you immediatly. Lenny as you know has struggled the last few years and i believe it is still the same.
LENNY HAS BEEN STRUGGLING FOR THE LAST 15YRS...

msftkid

EOG Addicted

Yes sir your right I was trying to be PC lol!

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

I would expect that books that only have credit cards as an option could be in for a long year unless they find an alternate method of getting funds into their accounts. BetPOP comes to mind, although they are backed by Fidelity!

King Solomon

EOG Member

FACT - Delmar has closed. Heard they are not stiffing, but have closed.