What do you know Frankie Pooh...That Pesky 1961 Wire Act brought up in Neteller Case

dirty

EOG Master
Garcia cites the Wire Act of 1961, which makes it a federal crime to accept bets on "any sporting event or contest" via a "wire communication facility." But the act doesn't make it illegal to place the bets, and it doesn't mention any other forms of gambling.

Online bookmakers based in other countries argue that the Wire Act does not apply because they're not accepting bets on U.S. soil.

Last years' Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act, which forbids processing payments for illegal online gambling but doesn't say which forms are illegal, didn't clarify matters. And it didn't exist when Lawrence and Lefebvre were involved with Neteller.

This is from the Washington Post

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated
Re: What do you know Frankie Pooh...That Pesky 1961 Wire Act brought up in Neteller Case

the frightening thing is there are predators (rapists, kidnappers, child molestors,etc) running around and gonzalez is wasting precious manpower
on this nonsense.

dirty

EOG Master
Re: What do you know Frankie Pooh...That Pesky 1961 Wire Act brought up in Neteller Case

Bob I do believe that the attack on gambling started long before Gonzalez. The Failure of some of you to see beyond the Here and now is unbelievable...This has been going on for a long time

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

Bob I do believe that the attack on gambling started long before Gonzalez. The Failure of some of you to see beyond the Here and now is unbelievable...This has been going on for a long time

doesn't matter who did what first, i'm pissed gonzalez is doing this today.

dirty

EOG Master

Until People realize it is not a Political party going after gambling we can't win.... and I can guarantee you can go to the AG at any given time in any given administration and He does not know the Day to Day of each of the field options.... They have their cases they work on like Organized Crime, racketeering, Money Laundering, etc...and they use all resources to go after them. The AG has very little to do with this at all...

You can be pissed at Gonzalez all you want....but he is not targeting these people the individual offices are and have been for years... The Payment processors are just their new angle in their RICO statute and on so Called organized Crime. And they are still basing most in the 1961 Wire Act....

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

to me, it seems politically motivated, bill frist's bill first, then this. somebody posted a few weeks ago that the govt goes after those that flaunt or publicise their success (advertisements on tv and radio, signs on buses, interviews on 60 minutes, etc) and make them look bad, i'm hoping thats the case here. there was a guy in the next town that had a multi-million dollar on-line pharmacy that was basically selling vicodin and xanax, he'd get md's in california to write the scripts. the dept of justice got involved when he bragged to a newspaper that all of his profits were tax free, that he had no intention of paying taxes on it. he was doing this for years, until he publicised it, the govt could care less. maybe the doj will find more important crimes to investigate.

leepps

EOG Member

Gonzalez does what he's told.

dirty

EOG Master
Re: What do you know Frankie Pooh...That Pesky 1961 Wire Act brought up in Neteller C

Re: What do you know Frankie Pooh...That Pesky 1961 Wire Act brought up in Neteller C

to me, it seems politically motivated, bill frist's bill first, then this. somebody posted a few weeks ago that the govt goes after those that flaunt or publicise their success (advertisements on tv and radio, signs on buses, interviews on 60 minutes, etc) and make them look bad, i'm hoping thats the case here. there was a guy in the next town that had a multi-million dollar on-line pharmacy that was basically selling vicodin and xanax, he'd get md's in california to write the scripts. the dept of justice got involved when he bragged to a newspaper that all of his profits were tax free, that he had no intention of paying taxes on it. he was doing this for years, until he publicised it, the govt could care less. maybe the doj will find more important crimes to investigate.

That is exactly what it is Bob...

In our meeting the other night with Banking Profressionals every single one of them said the government is worried about the transfer of Large sums of Money. It is not gambling. Gambling is just the scapegoat. If Joe Blow can move $50k offshore with ease then what is organized Crime able to do with these 3rd party places Like neteller. That is their main concern, not you betting offshore. They want to keep Track of the larger sums of Money. It is not a Political party issue.

leepps

EOG Member

The Republicans got after the Democrats after years of letting hoods get away with booking bets offshore. They did the right thing. These places are run by mobster wannabees who lack honesty. In the end they are all the same. Nevada is the only place people should be permitted to bet on games and we know who started that industry-Meyer Lansky, Ben Siegle, and Lucky Luciano three street punks who survived their youth (some of them had to) and got gambling going in Nevada. Gambling is a terrible vice as it keeps people from their families and they end up on welfare.