THIS JUST IN: FOX SPORTS PROJECTS ODU AS AN 11 SEED FOR MARCH MADNESS BABY!!!

Re: THIS JUST IN: FOX SPORTS PROJECTS ODU AS AN 11 SEED FOR MARCH MADNESS BABY!!!

<TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Breaking the Bracket: Gonzaga drops out
<SCRIPT> function BlogThisStoryTools() { var headline = "Breaking the Bracket: Gonzaga drops out"; var url = document.location.href; var destination = "http://blogs.foxsports.com/BlogThis.aspx?r_title=" + escape(headline) + "&r_url=" + url; //alert(destination); //return; window.location.href = destination; } </SCRIPT><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px" align=left>Story Tools:</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD></TD><TD> Print </TD><TD> Email </TD><TD> Blog This </TD><TD> Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=440 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Michael Lazarus / Special to FOXSports.com
<!-- Meta Tag For Search --><!-- meta name="author" content="Michael Lazarus"--><!-- meta name="source" content="SpecialtoFS"--><!-- meta name="eventId" content=""--><!-- meta name="contentTypeCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="editorContentCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="blurb" content="There won't be a high seed in the NCAA Tournament for Gonzaga this year. In fact, the Bulldogs don't even make the field in Michael Lazarus' latest Breaking the Bracket. Which other familiar names might not make it?"--><!-- meta name="modDate" content="February 14, 2007 16:37:12 GMT"-->Posted: 56 minutes ago<SCRIPT> // front-end hack to remove postedTime from Rumors page until a better way can be determined if (document.URL.indexOf("/name/FS/rumors") != -1 && document.getElementById("postedTime") != null) document.getElementById("postedTime").style.display = 'none'; </SCRIPT> </TD><TD width=10> </TD><TD align=right><!--this is for sponsorships or brandings--><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><!-- workingCategoryId: 99--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=5></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=10></TD><TD width=440><!-- search:</noindex> --><SCRIPT> if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){ if(teamsInfo[4] == leagueId){ defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[0]; } } var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msn.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid; } </SCRIPT>One familiar name is missing from Breaking the Bracket today for the first time since we starting projecting the tournament field six years ago.

We knew going into the season that Gonzaga wasn't going to reach the heights of the last three years, when the Bulldogs earned Nos. 2, 3 and 3 seeds. But the Bulldogs won enough games during an arduous non-conference schedule to be a viable at-large candidate. Then Josh Heytvelt got suspended.

Because we don't know when, or if, Heytvelt will be back, Gonzaga must be considered without its second-leading scorer. Monday's home loss to Santa Clara knocked the Bulldogs out of first place in the WCC, into the at-large pool and out of our bracket.

This makes Saturday's game against Memphis at Spokane Arena enormous. Beat the Tigers (a No. 3 seed this week) without Heytvelt, and the Bulldogs will likely jump right back into the field. Lose, and winning the WCC tournament may be the only option.

Each week for the rest of the season (and more often as we get closer), we'll show you who the top seeds will be — and who just made the cut.

See here for more details on the rules of building a bracket.

Have a beef or a question? Send it here and we'll try to address and answer them.

Bracket projection as if the season ended after Monday night's games. Anticipated results of future games are not taken into account.

Just barely in: Notre Dame, Old Dominion, Louisville, Purdue.
Just barely out: Gonzaga, Alabama, Michigan State, Syracuse, UMass.
New teams in: Illinois, Xavier, Old Dominion, Purdue, Louisville, Santa Clara, Oral Roberts.
Old teams out:Michigan State, Gonzaga, Alabama, UMass, Texas Tech, Arkansas, Oakland (Mich.).
Semifinal matchups: South vs. West; Midwest vs. East.
For conference with just one team represented via automatic bid, the team with the fewest conference losses was selected. If more than one team was tied for fewest losses, the team with the better RPI according to CollegeRPI.com - College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) was placed.

<TABLE class=bgBdr cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bgHdr1><TD colSpan=3>SOUTH REGION</TD></TR><TR class=bgHdr2><TD>Seed</TD><TD>Team (Last week's seed)</TD><TD>Comment</TD></TR><TR class=bgD><TD colSpan=3>At New Orleans</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>1.</TD><TD align=left>Florida (1)</TD><TD align=left>Looks like Gators have staying power</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>16.</TD><TD align=left>East Tenn. State (15)</TD><TD align=left>New No. 16 seed for champs to toy with</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>8.</TD><TD align=left>Clemson (10)</TD><TD align=left>Still not convinced the slide has stopped</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>9.</TD><TD align=left>Missouri State (11)</TD><TD align=left>Key is to stay in third</TD></TR><TR class=bgD><TD colSpan=3>At Spokane</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>4.</TD><TD align=left>Indiana (6)</TD><TD align=left>Almost suffered a painful loss</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>13.</TD><TD align=left>Holy Cross (13)</TD><TD align=left>No longer perfect in Patriot</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>5. </TD><TD align=left>Arizona (7)</TD><TD align=left>Needs to hold serve at home</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>12.</TD><TD align=left>Notre Dame (11)</TD><TD align=left>Must do better against Big East dregs</TD></TR><TR class=bgD><TD colSpan=3>At Lexington</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>2.</TD><TD align=left>Kansas (3)</TD><TD align=left>Moved from Chicago because of possible court disadvantage with Illinois</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>15.</TD><TD align=left>South Alabama (15)</TD><TD align=left>Jaguars in control of Sun Belt</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>7.</TD><TD align=left>Duke (4)</TD><TD align=left>Can't afford to extend losing streak</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>10.</TD><TD align=left>Illinois (Not Seeded)</TD><TD align=left>Hmm, second-round matchup with Kansas would be interesting</TD></TR><TR class=bgD><TD colSpan=3>At Chicago</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>3.</TD><TD align=left>Marquette (2)</TD><TD align=left>Would have liked to see closer game at Hoyas</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>14.</TD><TD align=left>Oral Roberts (NS)</TD><TD align=left>Passing bid back and forth with Oakland</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>6.</TD><TD align=left>Southern California (6)</TD><TD align=left>Can Trojans finally win in Tucson???</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>11.</TD><TD align=left>Old Dominion (NS)</TD><TD align=left>Flips spots with VCU to avoid regular-season rematches</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=bgBdr cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bgHdr1><TD colSpan=3>WEST REGION</TD></TR><TR class=bgHdr2><TD>Seed </TD><TD>Team (LW)</TD><TD>Comment</TD></TR><TR class=bgD><TD colSpan=3>At Sacramento</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>1.</TD><TD align=left>UCLA (1)</TD><TD align=left>This seeding assumes Collison can play</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>16.</TD><TD align=left>Weber State (16)</TD><TD align=left>Well, at least Big Sky champs stay in West</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>8.</TD><TD align=left>UNLV (9)</TD><TD align=left>Running Rebs' worth a gamble</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>9.</TD><TD align=left>Texas (10)</TD><TD align=left>Defending Durant an interesting challenge</TD></TR><TR class=bgD><TD colSpan=3>At Columbus</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>4.</TD><TD align=left>Georgetown (6)</TD><TD align=left>Won two big ones at home</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>13.</TD><TD align=left>Winthrop (13)</TD><TD align=left>Cruising through conference again</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>5.</TD><TD align=left>Butler (4)</TD><TD align=left>Conference losses hurt exponentially from here</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>12.</TD><TD align=left>Maryland (12)</TD><TD align=left>Moved down a spot because of conference conflict</TD></TR><TR class=bgD><TD colSpan=3>At Lexington</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>2.</TD><TD align=left>Ohio State (2)</TD><TD align=left>Creeping closer to No. 1 spot</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>15.</TD><TD align=left>Austin Peay (15)</TD><TD align=left>A tough sell for anything higher</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>7.</TD><TD align=left>Creighton (8)</TD><TD align=left>No shame in road loss to Salukis </TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>10.</TD><TD align=left>BYU (10)</TD><TD align=left>A true No. 9, but couldn't fit anywhere due to bracket limitations</TD></TR><TR class=bgD><TD colSpan=3>At Columbus</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>3.</TD><TD align=left>Kentucky (3)</TD><TD align=left>Someone had to go here</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>14.</TD><TD align=left>Vermont (14)</TD><TD align=left>Got season sweep of Albany</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>6.</TD><TD align=left>Virginia Tech (7)</TD><TD align=left>Every game seems to be a struggle</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>11.</TD><TD align=left>Kansas State (8)</TD><TD align=left>Got knocked back to earth but still in mix</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=bgBdr cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bgHdr1><TD colSpan=3>MIDWEST REGION</TD></TR><TR class=bgHdr2><TD>Seed</TD><TD>Team (LW)</TD><TD>Comment</TD></TR><TR class=bgD><TD colSpan=3>At Chicago</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>1.</TD><TD align=left>Wisconsin (1)</TD><TD align=left>Ohio State rematch already looming</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>16.</TD><TD align=left>Cent. Conn (PI)/Jackson State (PI)</TD><TD align=left>No changes here</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>8.</TD><TD align=left>Vanderbilt (7)</TD><TD align=left>Got pounded in only game last week</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>9.</TD><TD align=left>West Virginia (9)</TD><TD align=left>Big win over UCLA sandwiched around two losses</TD></TR><TR class=bgD><TD colSpan=3>At Buffalo</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>4.</TD><TD align=left>Boston College (5)</TD><TD align=left>Gave Seminoles nightmares for rest of season</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>13.</TD><TD align=left>Davidson (13)</TD><TD align=left>Keeping status quo</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>5.</TD><TD align=left>Oregon (4)</TD><TD align=left>Still sliding in the wrong direction</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>12.</TD><TD align=left>Santa Clara (NS)</TD><TD align=left>Chief beneficiary of Gonzaga's troubles</TD></TR><TR class=bgD><TD colSpan=3>At New Orleans</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>2.</TD><TD align=left>Texas A&M (2)</TD><TD align=left>Still needs help to get to No. 1 seed</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>15.</TD><TD align=left>Marist (16)</TD><TD align=left>Barely ahead of the pack in Metro Atlantic</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>7.</TD><TD align=left>Villanova (9)</TD><TD align=left>Georgetown, Marquette games will tell a lot</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>10.</TD><TD align=left>Florida State (7)</TD><TD align=left>Undid a lot of their good work</TD></TR><TR class=bgD><TD colSpan=3>At Winston-Salem</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>3.</TD><TD align=left>Memphis (3)</TD><TD align=left>Must now play a desperate Gonzaga</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>14.</TD><TD align=left>Toledo (14)</TD><TD align=left>MAC looks to be wide open again</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>6.</TD><TD align=left>Air Force (4)</TD><TD align=left>Did Falcons peak too early?</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>11.</TD><TD align=left>Purdue (NS)</TD><TD align=left>Gave Ohio State a scare at home</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=bgBdr cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bgHdr1><TD colSpan=3>EAST REGION</TD></TR><TR class=bgHdr2><TD>Seed</TD><TD>Team (LW) </TD><TD>Comment</TD></TR><TR class=bgD><TD colSpan=3>At Winston-Salem</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>1.</TD><TD align=left>North Carolina (1)</TD><TD align=left>Still could be scariest of No. 1 seeds</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>16.</TD><TD align=left>Delaware State (16)</TD><TD align=left>New week, new No. 1 seed to play</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>8.</TD><TD align=left>Oklahoma State (5)</TD><TD align=left>Cowboys absolutely harmless on the road</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>9.</TD><TD align=left>Stanford (8)</TD><TD align=left>Should drop worse but everyone else lost too </TD></TR><TR class=bgD><TD colSpan=3>At Spokane</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>4.</TD><TD align=left>Southern Illinois (5)</TD><TD align=left>Conference record looking more and more impressive</TD></TR>
<TR class=bgC><TD align=left>13.</TD><TD align=left>Long Beach State (14)</TD><TD align=left>Back at full strength on the court</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>5.</TD><TD align=left>Nevada (5)</TD><TD align=left>Gaudy record, but no really good wins</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>12.</TD><TD align=left>Louisville (NS)</TD><TD align=left>Can't underestimate huge road victories</TD></TR><TR class=bgD><TD colSpan=3>At Buffalo</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>2.</TD><TD align=left>Pittsburgh (2)</TD><TD align=left>Had been on a roll until Monday</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>15.</TD><TD align=left>Penn (15)</TD><TD align=left>Makes for a nice interstate rivalry</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>7.</TD><TD align=left>Virginia (6)</TD><TD align=left>Slipping back in the ACC pack</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>10.</TD><TD align=left>Xavier (NS)</TD><TD align=left>At-large changes suddenly looking pretty good</TD></TR><TR class=bgD><TD colSpan=3>At Sacramento</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>3.</TD><TD align=left>Washington State (3)</TD><TD align=left>Showing no signs of slowing down</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>14.</TD><TD align=left>TAMU-CC (13)</TD><TD align=left>Five wins over teams ranked 300 or worse in RPI</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>6.</TD><TD align=left>Tennessee (8)</TD><TD align=left>Looks like having Lofton back helps</TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD align=left>11.</TD><TD align=left>VCU (11)</TD><TD align=left>Colonial looking for two bids</TD></TR>
</TBODY></TABLE>

Some other notes — just for housekeeping:

Ohio State cannot play in Columbus, Kentucky cannot play in Lexington and Washington State cannot play in Spokane because they are the host schools for those sites.

<!--Gonzaga could be placed in Spokane because the Bulldogs play only three games at Spokane Memorial Arena, the maximum allowed before a venue is considered a home arena.-->

BYU must be placed at sites that do not play on Sundays because of religious reasons. This means if the Cougars make the field, they must play in either the South or West regional and either the Sacramento, Lexington, Winston-Salem or Buffalo first/second-round sites.

First- and second-round sites are not tied to specific regions — rather many teams, especially top-seeded ones, will play at a site relatively close to their campus because of the "pod" system.

Michael Lazarus is in his sixth year projecting the NCAA men's basketball tournament bracket for FOXSports.com. He can be reached at his e-mail address: michaellaz@hotmail.com.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Re: THIS JUST IN: FOX SPORTS PROJECTS ODU AS AN 11 SEED FOR MARCH MADNESS BABY!!!

Fire the Jet up and get er warm.

The Shrink will be leaving on a jet plane soon!

"Leaving On A Jet Plane"

Peter, Paul and Mary baby!!!

All my bags are packed, Im ready to go
Im standing here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin, its early morn
The taxis waiting, hes blowin his horn
Already Im so lonesome I could cry.

Chorus:
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that youll wait for me
Hold me like youll never let me go.
Im leavin on a jet plane
I dont know when Ill be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go

Theres so many times Ive let you down
So many times Ive played around
I tell you now, they dont mean a thing
Every place I go, I think of you
Every song I sing, I sing for you
When I come back, Ill wear your wedding ring.

(chorus)

Now the time has come to leave you
One more time let me kiss you
Then close your eyes, Ill be on my way.
Dream about the days to come
When I wont have to leave alone
About the times, I wont have to say,

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go.
Im leavin on a jet plane
I dont know when Ill be back again
Oh, Scarlett, I have to go see ODU!!!!:party

I BETTER HAVE A SEAT ON THAT JET!!! MAY'N!!!:houra

The Devil

EOG Master

WOULD THIS PLACE BE BEARABLE IF ODU HAPPENED TO WIN IT ALL??????

KEN MAY HAVE 20,000 POSTS BY THE END OF THE TOURNEY IF THEY WENT ALL THE WAY......

CAN YOU SEE THE ODU YOUTUBES VIDEOS????

I COULD BECOME RELIGIOUS BEFORE MARCH MADNESS ENDS...........

With George Mason making the Final Four last year, anything is possible.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

I don't think they will make it. They have to win a few games in the CAA tourney. Don't you agree?