your best day as an athlete

mofome

Banned
i know most people here played sports at some level....talk about your best day as a player, at whatever level, in any sport.

i think that competitve nature is what made a lot of us turn to gambling as a hobby.

Re: your best day as an athlete

grade 3 sports day 9 outta 10 trophies I peaked at 8 years old lol:houra

August West

Rambler

I hit for the cycle a few months ago in softball. haha. My team was 0-18 in the last year before I joined. Their record since I joined was 12-7.

Bowling count?

When I bowled my highest 3 game set of 826, there was this jackpot that had been accruing the whole bowling season at this particular bowling center. It was optional and cost 50 cents to enter. There were 12 designated frames that you had to strike in over the course of your 3 games. Anyone striking in all 12 of those frames won the pot. If nobody accomplished it that night, the pot would carry over until the next league bowled, and so on. Like I said, this had been accruing for quite some time. The pot was just under $4000 on that night. I had them all, and word had gotten around that I was going for last shot, and at the time was about to set the highest score bowled at that center. 32 lane center, so over 150 bowlers were there, and seemed like all of them had stopped bowling to watch my next shot. Luckily bowling gods were with me, and I struck. Took home over 5k that night in winnings, and about the best feeling I've ever had.

msftkid

EOG Addicted

I grew up on a golf course and at times I could play pretty good but mostly it was a institution of gambling and cheating LOL. When i was 17 (in 1969) we had a big game with some road gamblers and the money was RReal high at least for then 2000 a side and i shot 33-33 =66 and won the match by onr shot each side.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

-Hitting my first Home Run in little league. I had hit a few inside the parkers (I was a fast little fucker), but that was the first over the wall homer. I was so happy man. Inly hit like 2 my whole career. I was the speedy 2nd baseman, not a power guy.

I was playing Junior Varsity Basketball in 10th grade for my private High School In New York...

We weren't very good, evidenced by the fact that I started at point guard and was the leading scorer...

We were playing at HOME and my High School GF decided to attend this game for the FIRST time..

Trailing by 6 points with under 2 minutes to play, I stole the basketball and drove the length of the court, made the basket and got fouled. Yes, I even sank the FOUL SHOT to get us back in the game and trail by 3.

They missed their next shot so we got the ball back again with under a minute remaining.

We kept passing the ball around, as no one wanted to shoot so I forced a driving shot and let it go from 10 feet away!

SWISH and another foul on them!

Free throw was good!

Game now tied.

Again, our opponents missed, we got the rebound and the Coach screamed to call a TIME OUT.

There were only 16 seconds left.

When we all got back to the bench, the Coach gave out a play I'll never forget.

He said, "LET KENNY SHOOT!!!" (Some play huh?)

Well, again, we had nothing available so I forced a drive to the lane, the ball circled the rim 2 times but went out. However, a whistle blew(nothing like Home Cooking) and I was awarded 2 FOUL SHOTS with 3 seconds remaining...

Their Coach called TIME OUT I guess to ICE me...

I obliged by missing the first shot, and I'll always remember hearing a couple of their fans jeering me...(kenny sux, kenny sux...)

My nest free throw hit nothing but net and we finally beat this team by ONE POINT...

I have lots of pleasant sports memories an an athlete, but nothing was treasured as much as that, especially since my GF was there too!!!:cheers

THE SHRINK

The Devil

EOG Master

Wasn't my best day but a true story.......

Used to play cards in Manhattan with some well to do Wall Street types every Tuesday.........We started talking football during the game and I passed the remark that I could punt the ball further then some of the guys in the NFL. But I explained I played in a touch league with no rushing when you punt. One of the guys asked how far and I said 45-65 yards on average. After the cries of BULLSHIT we went down onto 3rd Ave at about 5 a.m. and I started punting, boomed one after another...........One of the players asked if I would like to try out for the Jets who had a lousy punter........I jokingly said yes to Hub Werblin (Sonny's son).....

The very next week Steve O'neil (the lousy Jet punter) set the NFL record with his 99 yard punt..........

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

6th grade PAL (Police athletic youth football) playing against my best friends team for the city title on a rainy Tuesday night where it got dark and we used car lights to be able and see. We were both tied in record and it was very competitive even with coaches recruiting certain players to their team. We won that title, my only championship (other than conf in HS) beating my best friends team. 2nd to mind was being able and beat a rival from another conf school in wrestling when he had beat me in 2 previous matches and in the 3rd I got revenge against all odds really, but I fought hard not to get beat up in that 3rd match. He was so mad, but I was so happy.

10th grade JV baseball team. I struck-out with 2 men on in the 6th inning and we lost the game.

But, I banged one of the cheerleaders that night...

Katie

EOG Master

mine was when i was about 15 years old...i was playing basketball with the guys when the new hunk showed up and joined in. i was guarding him and he was cracking up because i was doing a damn good job of it for a girl. eventually i had an accident and fell. he held out his hand to help me up as we locked eyes and without a word left the game hand in hand. :)

The Devil

EOG Master

mine was when i was about 15 years old...i was playing basketball with the guys when the new hunk showed up and joined in. i was guarding him and he was cracking up because i was doing a damn good job of it for a girl. eventually i had an accident and fell. he held out his hand to help me up as we locked eyes and without a word we left the game hand in hand. :)

DID YOU GUYS SHOWER BEFORE SEX??????

Katie I think that's from a Harlequin romance novel and hoffa 's from penthouse:LMAO :LMAO

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

1986. I was playing pick-up basketball at Fort Meade. The Bullets were ready to take over the court for their practice. A group of Bullets, including Moses Malone, Jeff Malone and Coach Loughery, among others were right next to the court and when some coach yelled 'last basket'. I had the ball crossing mid-court and some guy was dogging me hard and talking all kind of trash. I hadn't said nothing to him back until I dribbled into the far left corner, right in front of the Bullets. I gave him a head fake and put up a jump shot, just as I released the ball, before it went in.....I told the guy, "Face, Mutha Fucka!" May'n, when the ball swished through the hoop, Moses high-fived me and three or four of the Bullets were rolling on the floor laughing. For one moment in time, I felt like Magic and Larry and Michael all rolled into one.

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

6th Grade Scored 17 Td's At QB in Pee Wee (Player of the week in the Clipper)

Bronco hit 11 hr's over the fence, NO other player hit any Over the fence that year.

JV baseball had a streak of 3 games where I struck out 13+......

Varsity Baseball (2) ONE hitters in back to back games, vs Wilson and Princess Anne.......

17-18 year old Baseball league Hit (4) Homeruns in ONE game, 2 were grand slams in the same inning, and is was VS my old school.....

Also went 8-0 that year on the mound for that team.....

THEN my last week of my Senior year, my best Pal rolled his truck 2 times and of course my throwing arm happend to be between the concrete and the truck and I should have lost my ARM, the day of being a great ATHLETE was left on the asphalt behind Green Briar Mall.........

Softball Bullshit
2 National Titles
2 All World Teams in Softball
1 National Inv Tourney MVP
3 Va Beach All star games (one Mvp)
10 Straight Tidewater Championships

I'm sure there was more, but it was nice to remember what I threw away....

Thanks Mo
Hitdogg

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

Damn forgot Basketball

Scored 34 in the Kempsville all night Tourney vs Bobby Beecher, Billy Mann and Ralph Talley's team......Big named players back in the day in Tidewater...

WON the Hoop it up 3 on 3 Tourney while attending UNLV, 83 teams and 4 white guys won the whole thing and advanced to the West Regionals at Long Beach State.....Could you imagine what the other teams thought when WHITE BOYS registered for UNLV back in the day of TARK THE SHARK in hoops.......We won are first 3 games and made it to the FINAL four, we win the SEMI final game and we get to play PEPERDINE in the FINALS at the FREAKING FORUM at halftime of a LAKERS game.......Sorry, Long Beach States team had 3 ex players from the year prior and wore us out....

Hitdogg

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

6th Grade Scored 17 Td's At QB in Pee Wee (Player of the week in the Clipper)

Bronco hit 11 hr's over the fence, NO other player hit any Over the fence that year.

JV baseball had a streak of 3 games where I struck out 13+......

Varsity Baseball (2) ONE hitters in back to back games, vs Wilson and Princess Anne.......

17-18 year old Baseball league Hit (4) Homeruns in ONE game, 2 were grand slams in the same inning, and is was VS my old school.....

Also went 8-0 that year on the mound for that team.....

THEN my last week of my Senior year, my best Pal rolled his truck 2 times and of course my throwing arm happend to be between the concrete and the truck and I should have lost my ARM, the day of being a great ATHLETE was left on the asphalt behind Green Briar Mall.........

Softball Bullshit
2 National Titles
2 All World Teams in Softball
1 National Inv Tourney MVP
3 Va Beach All star games (one Mvp)
10 Straight Tidewater Championships

I'm sure there was more, but it was nice to remember what I threw away....

Thanks Mo
Hitdogg
Damn. That sucks but it seems you have gone on with your life.....WELL DONE!

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

For all you tennis buffs, played Gimelstob in high school and gave him a 6-4 6-4 battle even though I lost....

High School BBall... Got to guard God Shamgod (ex Providence guy) when we scrimmaged the Gauchos from NY...

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

best day - not so sure but most memorable is rather easy

spring 1975 (UGH - 30+ years ago)

i am playing little league and honestly - was the BEST player in the league that year - and probably not even close. most of our games were played with 170-foot fences and when i came to bat the outfielders usually played either against the wall or about 3-feet from it

we are losing 12-4 in B4 because our team sucked

i come to bat with the bases loaded and 2 outs. coming to bat i KNEW i was gonna hit a Grand Slam - i KNEW IT! i come to bat facing a great friend at the time. he gets me in a 1-2 hole so i step out of the box and as i do i hear a parent say if i hit a HR he will buy me a hot dog and coke. i step back in for the next pitch. as i said the fences are 170-feet away and there is another field behind left field on the one we are playing - that one is 200-feet away from home plate. there is about 10 feet between the 2 fences

so here comes the 1-2 pitch - a slowball and i was READY for it - was i ever

i just DESTROY the pitch - not only do i send it over the fence on OUR field by a mile and not only does is it clear the 10-feet between fields but i CLEAR the right fielder on the OTHER field. this thing got about 20 feet in the air and probably went about 230-240 at least

keep in mind i was 10 and while i was using an aluminum bat try asking anyone that age to hit a ball that hard. when i hit it the place got DEAD SILENT

it was great to circle the bases and when i rounded 3rd i stared at the parent who made the promise of the hot dog and coke and i also got to experience real life early on because the mother fucker NEVER did buy me the dog/coke

dirty

EOG Master

Damn winky... I though you told me it was when you won your Trick Jacking Trophy

Junior year in HS. 4th game of the season. (tore acl, mcl, etc. etc. on kickoff of next game).

Started at corner. Played on KO, was kick returner, and rotated as punt returner every other time. Had two returns for about 40 yards. Blocked an extra point. Blocked a field goal. Blocked a punt, all blitzing from the right side. Intercepted 2nd pass in the endzone in overtime to seal the deal. Had a buttload of tackles and 2 receptions.

Basically my last downs of football.:sad

Finished 5th in tackles for the season after only playing four damn games.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Damn winky... I though you told me it was when you won your Trick Jacking Trophy

it was - but i had to cum up with this lie to cover that up and make me seem a little less of a loser than what i really am - but you caught me - so forget what i posted - Dirty caught me - DAMN

mofome

Banned

damn, some great reads in here so far. some of you guys tell your stories really well.

Rxx

EOG Veteran

cant choose between age 12 and hitting the go ahead HR in the top of the 7th and pitching the final inning and getting the last guy out to preserve the win. At 15, getting 13 unassisted tackles, 1 fumble recovery and 1 fumble caused from my noseguard position.

But i would have traded them both for Hoffa's.