Dual Lines -- Why the Outrage when It happens to some

dirty

EOG Master
I have always wondered why people get outraged when they are dealt dual lines. I am not talking about them Changing the line on you after the quote..don't even Bring that up....

Dual lines.. where you get one number and your buddy or whoever gets another.. Happens all the time at shops like Bodog etc.. they profile you and give you certain Lines....

I think it is good bookmaking and the player can take advantage of it... Bottom line is this.. if you bet into bad lines you are going to lose long term IMO.... if you are getting beat cause of dual Lines you need to get more outs and get the best number you can or you are just too lazy to shop the number.... I don't understand the Hatred for Books that do this.. Hell you should be able to get great numbers sometimes at these books if you line shop...

what are some opinions on this..and I want some reason other than it is not right, from the people who don't agree with it

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Re: Dual Lines -- Why the Outrage when It happens to some

I have always wondered why people get outraged when they are dealt dual lines. I am not talking about them Changing the line on you after the quote..don't even Bring that up....

Dual lines.. where you get one number and your buddy or whoever gets another.. Happens all the time at shops like Bodog etc.. they profile you and give you certain Lines....

I think it is good bookmaking and the player can take advantage of it... Bottom line is this.. if you bet into bad lines you are going to lose long term IMO.... if you are getting beat cause of dual Lines you need to get more outs and get the best number you can or you are just lazy to shop the number.... I don't understand the Hatred for Books that do this.. Hell you should be able to get great numbers sometimes at these books if you line shop...

what are some opinions on this..and I want some reason other than it is not right, from the people who don't agree with it
You're exactly right D! Anybody who bitches about a different line instead of using it to his advantage is stupid.....at best.

The Devil

EOG Master

THE PLAYER IS OUT TO BEAT THE BOOK, THE BOOK IS OUT TO BEAT THE PLAYER.........PLAYER HAS THE LAST OPTION...

PLAY OR PASS THE NUMBER....SIMPLE AS THAT........IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE POSTED NUMBER LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR A BETTER ONE.........BUT THE PLAYER IS THE ONE THAT MAKES THE CHOICE, PLAY OR PASS.......

Its a compliment. Especially if you've beaten them for 4k that day. You can always throw them some "junk" to get them off. Its a game.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

I have never had a problem with dual lines, but no doubt a lot of complaints over the years about it. I just respect everyone's opinion.

Doesn't bother me at all. I play where I get the best line. They choose the line they post and I choose whether I play there, somewhere else, or not at all.

I worry much more about losing valuable outs like Pinnacle and Mansion exchange than what an individual book does.

Not having Pinnacle sucks!!!!!!!! Think about it ...if you were a book wouldn't you deal dual lines and be on top of the game????? I'd love to be a bookmaker.

Not having Pinnacle sucks!!!!!!!! Think about it ...if you were a book wouldn't you deal dual lines and be on top of the game????? I'd love to be a bookmaker.

I played 90% of my action at Mansion getting anywhere from +102 to +105 (less their charge) Going to minus odds SUCKS!!!!

dirty

EOG Master

Not trying to Knock a guys opinion or any books...Just trying to learn why some people Hate it that books do this... I like to try to learn.. you can never know enough in this business...

If someone used one book , I could see why they get mad . Then again they may just be lucky and not sharp . I was there once only using one place.

dirty

EOG Master

I agree Zero..but after reading any of these forums for a couple weeks 2 outs is a Must... and especially one where you can get overnights..IMO

overnights are a must . depends on what system you use

I have always wondered why people get outraged when they are dealt dual lines Changing the line, after the quote..don't even Bring that up Dual lines.. where you get one number and your buddy or whoever gets another..
it's not rair. Happens all the time at shops like Bodog.com and betusw/135%signupbous.com ,profile you and give you certain Lines with neteller.com, and think it is good bookmaking and the player can take advantage of it if you bet into bad lines or pay into neteller.com, you are going to lose long term and your .com too,

if you are getting beat cause of dual Lines and that new U.S.Player line for all Players and the regular legal.coms , THEN you need to get more outs and .coms

get the best .coms and number you can or you are just too lazy to shop the number of the .com I don't understand the Hatred for Books and .coms , that do this. Hell you should be able to get great numbers sometimes and even the line for all U.S. Players, at these books if you line shop and do not use the dryer.

what are some opinions on this..and I want some reason other than it is not right, from the people who don't agree with it about the all U.S. Player @a illegal.com

value
:+textinb3

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

it's kind of weird at first;your like wtf..but at the end of the day they can run their shop how they want and we can choose to play where we want

LuckyLoser

EOG Enthusiast

I agree with "the devil" up top. If they give you some bogus line, don't play it...and if it swings too far in one direction go the other way.

to me its fraud when they hang a number, you bet into it heavy, and they change the line and odds. not right imho.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

In a way books that deal dual lines are trying to screw over squares that don't know they are getting a bad number. One way to avoid dealing dual lines is for the book to get off their butt and do their job and stay on top of the lines or if they cannot stay on top of the lines don't deal all the BS and just deal what they can handle.

It goes back to how the book deals the lines to begin with. Do they deal according to action or just simply clone the marketplace so they do not get any sharp action?

More or less like Vegas - they eventually said we don't want big bets from anybody that has a clue. We only want big bets from donkeys and we want to screw them on the number. Seems a little hypocritical - we want to screw everybody we can but we don't want anybody to screw us while we are screwing somebody else.

At this point in time, players are not growing on trees. I tend to like the circled game technique more than dual lines. The book can circle the game (for everybody) if they are getting one-sided and limit the sharp bets to a nickel or something. It is my opinion the industry has more integrity if the lines and limits are the same to everybody.

Treating different players differently has sparked all kinds of spinoffs. Let's pay the squares first, bonuses to squares only, perks to squares only, kick out winning players, cut limits on winning players, slow pay winners. It's all a disease that snowballs.

While we are on the subject:

Should players who win get kicked out or have their limits cut?

:smokesmal :smokesmal :smokesmal

acw

EOG Enthusiast

dirty,

Ever heard of the expression: The client is king?
To be a good shop you expect that shop to offer his client the best price/service. Does Bodog do this?

dirty

EOG Master

dirty,

Ever heard of the expression: The client is king?
To be a good shop you expect that shop to offer his client the best price/service. Does Bodog do this?

yes sir I have heard of it but it does not apply in this situation :+clueless

what does this have to do with Bodog or any other book.... I was just asking a question..... :+clueless

janus

EOG Dedicated

if a player is using a line service, any book dealing dual lines gets invalidated, which is particularly a pain in the ass for middlers or scalpers. but the main problem with places like bodog is their dishonesty about it. its like jcpennys advertising $200 for a washing machine so you go over there and they offer to sell it to you for $310... then they sell it to the guy behind you for $200 and have the audacity to then tell you they never advertised or sold it for $200, that its $310 for everybody.

sure we can all shop around and (to continue the analogy) not buy at jcpennys if we dont like their price, but to get blatantly lied to about it like that? you telling me you wouldnt think less of (or have a little "outrage" at) any regular store that did this to you?

janus - you are always dead on. these books hang these lines, get people to post up, then hang different lines. it's a clear case of fraud. but it goes unenforced because players can indeed play elsewhere. the reality though is that when someone deposits and/or has money in a book, odds are most will play the bad line.

Generally, I don't care...I just move on to better places...however, if you are facing a rollover and they switch midstream on you, then I can understand why folks get ticked...I would not be pleased with having to take full juice clone market numbers just to get through a minimum rollover & get my money out of the chickensh*t book...

The bodogs, etc., of the world only want action from the squarest of the squares that only have 1 account, & don't know any better or are too lazy to line shop...

dirty

EOG Master

if a player is using a line service, any book dealing dual lines gets invalidated, which is particularly a pain in the ass for middlers or scalpers. but the main problem with places like bodog is their dishonesty about it. its like jcpennys advertising $200 for a washing machine so you go over there and they offer to sell it to you for $310... then they sell it to the guy behind you for $200 and have the audacity to then tell you they never advertised or sold it for $200, that its $310 for everybody.

sure we can all shop around and (to continue the analogy) not buy at jcpennys if we dont like their price, but to get blatantly lied to about it like that? you telling me you wouldnt think less of (or have a little "outrage" at) any regular store that did this to you?

bottom line is that most players Using a line service this is not a problem for....

I have never gotten Dual lines at cascade... and 99% of the time get the number on the GJ screen

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

I called bodog and they said they didn't put on dual lines. If they do it's a deceptive business practice, any way you cut it, and that's why the industry will never be regulated. Saying you could go the other way is nonsense. Uh, well gee they just shorted me a half point, I like team a bigtime but I'll just bet the other way. Is there nothing about monied interests that dirty wouldn't excuse.

Right, if there is nothing wrong with dealing dual lines, why do books deny it?? Because it is deceptive. Bodog tells everyone they don't deal dual lines when it is plain as day they do. I mean how hard is it to clear browser history, block cookies and then see the lines everyone else is getting. Then you log in and get the 'personalized' lines. I understand Dirty's view, use it against them. The problem with that is, if you beat them at their own game, you're guranteed lowered limits or shown the exit. They're trying to beat you, which is the reason you got dual lines to begin with. The other big problem is that they lie about doing it. If its not deceptive, then why lie about it?? BECAUSE IT IS
Books with competent linesmakers, like Pinnacle, don't have to stoop to these shady practices to be successful.

munson15

I want winners...
Re: Dual lines are a deceptive busieness practice when

Re: Dual lines are a deceptive busieness practice when

I think it is good bookmaking and the player can take advantage of it... Bottom line is this.. if you bet into bad lines you are going to lose long term IMO.... if you are getting beat cause of dual Lines you need to get more outs and get the best number you can or you are just too lazy to shop the number.... I don't understand the Hatred for Books that do this.. Hell you should be able to get great numbers sometimes at these books if you line shop...

I know nobody asked, but I think it's a stretch to take this question posed by Dirty, and say that he "defends fraudulent practices".

dirty

EOG Master

you got it Munson.. I just asked why people got pisses, as their is no reason to get pissed.. Just use it against them or don't play there...There is nothing unethical about it...

I mean damn Locals here always have UGA and GT 1-2 points higher than Offshores cause they know they can get it... just smart business

The Devil

EOG Master

I called bodog and they said they didn't put on dual lines. If they do it's a deceptive business practice, any way you cut it, and that's why the industry will never be regulated. Saying you could go the other way is nonsense. Uh, well gee they just shorted me a half point, I like team a bigtime but I'll just bet the other way. Is there nothing about monied interests that dirty wouldn't excuse.

FRANK, DO YOU KNOW WHAT DUAL LINES ARE??? IF SO PLEASE GIVE US YOUR EXPLANATION OF THEM................

dirty

EOG Master

It is a right wing Corporate Conspiracy to fuck the Common Man Devil...

The Devil

EOG Master

Right, if there is nothing wrong with dealing dual lines, why do books deny it?? Because it is deceptive. Bodog tells everyone they don't deal dual lines when it is plain as day they do. I mean how hard is it to clear browser history, block cookies and then see the lines everyone else is getting. Then you log in and get the 'personalized' lines. I understand Dirty's view, use it against them. The problem with that is, if you beat them at their own game, you're guranteed lowered limits or shown the exit. They're trying to beat you, which is the reason you got dual lines to begin with. The other big problem is that they lie about doing it. If its not deceptive, then why lie about it?? BECAUSE IT IS
Books with competent linesmakers, like Pinnacle, don't have to stoop to these shady practices to be successful.

SMOKE I WOULD HAZARD A GUESS THAT EVERY BOOK (ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH SHARP PHONE CLERKS) ALLOWS THEIR CLERKS LEEWAY WITH DEALING WITH CUSTOMERS....BY THAT I MEAN THEY ARE ALLOWED TO DEAL A LINE TO A CUSTOMER THAT IS NOT IN FRONT OF THEM.........

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

Now this sure as hell sounds like dirty's taking a position on the subject just as he did a couple of weeks back but since it's been correctly characterized as a deceptive business practice and he knows that's what it is he's now in full retreat. What is curious is why a guy who thnks he's some slick ass mafioso type would be so unglued as to feel the need to post this thread today at all as it exposes a practice the industry would like to keep secret. He brought it up cause it eats at him that people think it's sleazy and since he thinks there pussies he couldn't control himeself and he gave us this gift of info.

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

Not trying to Knock a guys opinion or any books...Just trying to learn why some people Hate it that books do this... I like to try to learn.. you can never know enough in this business...

I bet you still won't concede it's a sleazoid business practice that would be dealt with harshly in the legitimate business world where there is some oversight. I also bet you'll never post another thread on the subject and that the sports books who do it but of course deny it wouldn't be happy with your indescreet thread on this dirty little secret.