Longest time you've gone between bets

mofome

Banned
most people have taken a break at some point, whats been your longest break since you really started gambling and what caused it?

mofome

Banned
Re: Longest time you've gone between bets

Hey Mo how the hell you doing? :cheers

in all honesty, things with me are pretty much better than they've ever been. thanks for askin, bud.

:cheers :cheers :cheers

how are things with you? does it ever get annoying having your favorite team ranked first in the country in every sport?
:+clueless

munson15

I want winners...

My longest rest in the last 5 years was 3 days and it was caused by the baseball All-Star break!:+textinb3

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

in all honesty, things with me are pretty much better than they've ever been. thanks for askin, bud.

how are things with you? does it ever get annoying having your favorite team ranked first in the country in every sport?
:+clueless

Glad to hear it man great for you.

Well the difference between football and basketball is I was fool enough to believe the ranking in football. And ran my mouth right along with that belief and got waxed. Basketball not the same, have huge reservations about this team still. But overall it has been a great year to be a Buckeye as far as the Big 10 goes.

And not to hijack the thread I honestly went 4 years between bets. I needed to mature and learn that this is not a get rich in one weekend deal. I went broke many times trying to do just that. i was a compulsive, hyper, poor money management hack at this for a long time.

munson15

I want winners...

Mofome, I missed you!:cheers Glad to hear things are going well!:smokesmal

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Over 30 days

i usually take the entire month of july off EVERY YEAR - i suck at MLB and need a break and if i don't take off July i won't get one - and i need to be ready and fresh for NFLX in august and then play games till June with the Stanley Cup and Omaha

if i don't take off July and bet NOTHING i will be "fried" come august and then i am in bad shape mentally

mofome

Banned

Glad to hear it man great for you.

Well the difference between football and basketball is I was fool enough to believe the ranking in football. And ran my mouth right along with that belief and got waxed. Basketball not the same, have huge reservations about this team still. But overall it has been a great year to be a Buckeye as far as the Big 10 goes.

And not to hijack the thread I honestly went 4 years between bets. I needed to mature and learn that this is not a get rich in one weekend deal. I went broke many times trying to do just that. i was a compulsive, hyper, poor money management hack at this for a long time.

Its always great to be able to talk shit when your team is #1. who cares if they lost, not many chances for any team to claim the #1 spot and, as a fan, it is your job to tell the other fans that their team blows. great fans are a big part of why these kids attend the programs they do and when your team is #1, it time to flex your fanman muscles. lord knows i talk shit about the vols...even when they were 5-6, as deeds can tell ya, i was talking them up.

:LMAO

5-6 :suit:

i dont know why jim doesnt recruit a bit better. i mean they do well, but he is, imo, one of the best 2/3 coaches in the game. if you give him talent like TN gets, OSU would win with the likes of USC.

munson15

I want winners...

My answer was a serious one although punctuated by a laugh.

mofome

Banned

Mofome, I missed you!:cheers Glad to hear things are going well!:smokesmal

likewise munson.
:cheers

how was the vacation?? your test results in??

i may not be able to post at eog a lot in the coming months...im not real sure, but i hope i am. no munson = :(

mofome

Banned

My answer was a serious one although punctuated by a laugh.

haha, i know. i just forgot about the AS break and how annoying it is when it comes around. i got a laugh that you mentioned it b/c i hadnt thought about it.

:houra :houra :houra

mofome

Banned

Over 30 days

i usually take the entire month of july off EVERY YEAR - i suck at MLB and need a break and if i don't take off July i won't get one - and i need to be ready and fresh for NFLX in august and then play games till June with the Stanley Cup and Omaha

if i don't take off July and bet NOTHING i will be "fried" come august and then i am in bad shape mentally

so it takes its toll on you over the long haul? i dont hear many people reference taking a break just to refresh their mind. seems like a good idea...just takes more discipline than i believe most of us have. also nice when someone, as knowledgable as yourself, is humble enough to admit the months he has trouble beating.

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks Mofome, the vacation was nice, but $1965 for 72 hours off was a bit much.:doh1 The sad thing is, 5 days probably would have been the same price, but we couldn't get the kids watched for that many days straight.

The test results were mixed. Good stress test, but a shadow was on the image from the dye injection. I told them that I was coughing like a bastard and they admitted the shadow could be from my moving during the scan. Also told me it could be scar tissue from an earlier, mild heart attack.

They want me to do a "muga"? test to double-check, but after all the shenanigans, I think I'm getting a 2nd opinion. I know you offered to do that, but I probably should stick to a board-certified physician.:+textinb3

mofome

Banned

Thanks Mofome, the vacation was nice, but $1965 for 72 hours off was a bit much.:doh1 The sad thing is, 5 days probably would have been the same price, but we couldn't get the kids watched for that many days straight.

The test results were mixed. Good stress test, but a shadow was on the image from the dye injection. I told them that I was coughing like a bastard and they admitted the shadow could be from my moving during the scan. Also told me it could be scar tissue from an earlier, mild heart attack.

They want me to do a "muga"? test to double-check, but after all the shenanigans, I think I'm getting a 2nd opinion. I know you offered to do that, but I probably should stick to a board-certified physician.:+textinb3

haha, well thats your choice.

i think its a good idea to get a 2nd opinion...seems as if these people had 'better things to do'. they did not show enough concern imo, fuck'em. get seen by a doctor who will contact you as soon as anything is known and/or as soon as they know they may need some more time. we only get one munson in this world, the docs need to treat this with more concern.

:cheers

munson15

I want winners...

Hey, if you're not able to post a lot in the coming months, please pop in once in a while. There's only one Mofome, too, the site is a lot more fun when you're on board!:cheers

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

so it takes its toll on you over the long haul? i dont hear many people reference taking a break just to refresh their mind. seems like a good idea...just takes more discipline than i believe most of us have. also nice when someone, as knowledgable as yourself, is humble enough to admit the months he has trouble beating.

i have done this for a good 10+ years

BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE!

if you do something GUNG-HO 24/7/365 at some point in time you crash and burn and mentally fry your brain. walking away and having fun doig ANYTHING else refreshes ones mind in many ways - all of them great

i admit i suck in MLB and NBA and i doubt i combine to make 50 plays on these 2 leagues the entire seasons for each and those i do are usually someone else's. i just can't pick the NBA or MLB to save my life - so why play them? i also NEVER play a game involving Vicente Padilla. i simple CAN'T get a grip on him. i play ON him - he lasts 0.2 innings and gives up 8 runs but when i bet against him he throws a 2-hit shutout - so i NEVER bet ANY of his games because i know i will lose no matter which side i pick

i highly suggest everyone take at least a few weeks off from this and do ANYTHING but play games - you will do it every year and wonder why you never did it before

roach23

Banned

the longest i've gone was from when i'd lose all my money till i got a little more to bet on.

mofome

Banned

Hey, if you're not able to post a lot in the coming months, please pop in once in a while. There's only one Mofome, too, the site is a lot more fun when you're on board!:cheers

thanks bud, i hope i can post every so often. this is the best board, of any kind, on the net imo. guys like you and a great owner make it was it is.

mofome

Banned

i have done this for a good 10+ years

BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE!

if you do something GUNG-HO 24/7/365 at some point in time you crash and burn and mentally fry your brain. walking away and having fun doig ANYTHING else refreshes ones mind in many ways - all of them great

i admit i suck in MLB and NBA and i doubt i combine to make 50 plays on these 2 leagues the entire seasons for each and those i do are usually someone else's. i just can't pick the NBA or MLB to save my life - so why play them? i also NEVER play a game involving Vicente Padilla. i simple CAN'T get a grip on him. i play ON him - he lasts 0.2 innings and gives up 8 runs but when i bet against him he throws a 2-hit shutout - so i NEVER bet ANY of his games because i know i will lose no matter which side i pick

i highly suggest everyone take at least a few weeks off from this and do ANYTHING but play games - you will do it every year and wonder why you never did it before

good post, makes sense...
kinda surprised i hadnt read anyone express this thought before.

PO69

EOG Master

I think that I missed about 4 days in a row only one time in the past 12 years or so. That includes last month as well. I havent missed ANY DAYS since basketball season began.

And I wont miss A SINGLE DAY during baseball season as that is my best sport

roach23

Banned

I think that I missed about 4 days in a row only one time in the past 12 years or so. That includes last month as well. I havent missed ANY DAYS since basketball season began.

And I wont miss A SINGLE DAY during baseball season as that is my best sport

degenerate.

aceduecetrey

EOG Addicted

Currently on my longest dry spell in over 7 years. I have not bet since week 17 of the NFL (have held some action and bet on other things such as pool and chess and what not) it will come to an end on the second trip through the rotation come early April!

Dante

EOG Veteran

Currently on a 3.5 month NON betting spell and loving it have no URGE to bet but I have an urge to post still....I think im more fucked up:( then the degenerate addicted gamblers that bet the 1 day game not knowing what the teams are just for the action

The Devil

EOG Master

HAD A FRIEND OF MINE PLAYED EVERY GAME OF EVERY SPORT EVERY DAY......AND THEN ONE DAY HE STOPPED JUST LIKE THAT, DIDN'T MAKE A BET FOR OVER 3 YEARS..........THEN HE WOKE UP FROM THE COMA AND AS SOON AS HE GOT HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL HE STARTED BETTING AGAIN..............

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

1 full month -- past summer after I crashed and burned on a binge and was struggling with some other stuff. might again quit and relax next July its a nice break that is for sure. Like the idea of some breaks.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

cbb final to late oct, but i do triple crown and pound saratoga in aug. then b reeders cup, plus bb playoffs
april 2 to first sat in may
belmont to toga

GREAT TOPIC...

I don't believe it is possible to bet all year long and be at the TOP of your game...

My mentor, BW, taught me a lot about sports betting.

One of the pearls I learned to follow was his work ethics. While we worked our asses off from August though March Madness, there was a few month break that was always taken between April and August...

When Football began again, I felt rejuvinated because at times I suffered from what many others do, and that is "BURN-OUT."

There are many ways to win at sports betting, but I don't know of anyone who can do it 365 days a year...

THE SHRINK

The Devil

EOG Master

THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE CAN...............AND WOULD WIN MORE IF THEY LEGALIZED IT..............

Hey Mo how the hell you doing? :cheers

nice to see you "all-good",
heck good piece here too Big-Mo!

Let's see..
I think I went almost 4 hours without making a bet onetime way back.
yea that congressional act sure didn't affect me much living down here but I do remember back in the spring of '91....

getting here, took my flight 4 hours to get here. By the time I jumped off that plane and could get thru immigration and all the cops at the airport, I was on a mission!

My mission was to get to a place here called the www.delreyhotel.com to "breed the little Natives" and gamble with all my buddies that lived here and had been telling me about this place.

so here I jump into a cab and buddy I make a "be-line" for the Ho-tel and all this action they have been telling me about, with almost $250 dimes in my pocket (well a bag actually) having sold everything I owned at that point in my life back home, I went into this place and started bettin right away!

Tell you what action in that place WOW !

Breeding the Natives all-ways

:houra

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

first 14 years of my life....

started offshore at 15 havent stopped since....

.. that is "BURN-OUT."
There are many ways to win at sports betting, but I don't know of anyone who can do it 365 days a year...

THE SHRINK[/quote]

with you on that burn out-thing buddy,
heck I generally do bet all year tho but try to stay "disciplined" (if possible when I don't drink anyway) I get down $big on just 1 game a day.... win or lose
and have found that week-after-week when I stick to that program I get paid as I have always cashed out weekly, if possible, always
(hello all you neteller fans! think, think son:+clueless ) weekly period!

My moto: Live for the weekend and get paid on Mondays, good advise boy's
TAKE IT!

Professional value
:smokesmal

I'm almost forced to take breaks on a regular basis. My 9-5 life is a drag...it's tough capping games on nights and weekends, working a 9-5 and trying to stay sharp.

I don't have much "gamble" in me...I'll only bet games I can handicap thoroghly....sometimes my mind just gets fried. Can't wait to ditch the 9-5 and just do sports....I'm less than a year away from making this a reality.

:dancefool

Harrington

EOG Enthusiast

5 years, right about the time I was having kids and still working for a living.

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

The first 14 years of my life......

Went offshore at the age of 15 and havent stopped since