Wachovia shut me down....heads up

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated
I ran my account thin about 6 weeks ago with withdraws and of course right after that I have gotten hammered and have very little money in my accounts with some big weeks ahead. Soooo I decide to move some money from my bank account to BetJam and Wachovia red flags it and next thing ya know i have my house phone and both cell phones going off like sirens. Then my wife calls me and reads me the third degree(told her i was retiring:+signs15- ) Called her cell as well.

nba:hung

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran
Re: Wachovia shut me down....heads up

If you people have a National City, I have family pretty high ranks and ive been told its ez as hell to move money over seas so National city is the way to go....

Sorry to hear about this. What method did you use to move the funds?

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated

If you people have a National City, I have family pretty high ranks and ive been told its ez as hell to move money over seas so National city is the way to go....

I dont believe there are National City Banks down here. I know they are in PA though.

Gotti.....they questioned both me and the little lady about where the money was going and of course Mrs NBA didnt help matters when she said that there was no money going anywhere(she was shopping with my sister) and I tried to pan it off as investments.....which they saw as straight up BS......I ended up mumbling something and hanging up.....real shit show. Hope they dont call back.

nba

Was this just a normal bankwire type of transfer?

And if you don't mind, can you give a ballpark on how much it was?

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated

Sorry to hear about this. What method did you use to move the funds?

Reload....i have yet to "reload".....and I am really bumbed about what has happened.....and mrs nba complicates matters....even though its my jack....she wanted me to STOP until this online shit clears up, but conferences tournys coming up i need more firepower......grrrr.

Reload....i have yet to "reload".....and I am really bumbed about what has happened.....and mrs nba complicates matters....even though its my jack....she wanted me to STOP until this online shit clears up, but conferences tournys coming up i need more firepower......grrrr.

Been in the same boat before and it is tough. I think those of us with spouses have -all- been there at one time or another. But that's what EOG is for. I can share my problems online with everyone here and it helps.

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated

Was this just a normal bankwire type of transfer?

And if you don't mind, can you give a ballpark on how much it was?

I should of tried the wire maybe, but thought using my visa debit would be better. You know a lot of times books use odd names to hide that it was a gambling transaction. It was 500 bucks.....not something I thought would be flagged.....It was the max I could go at BetJam with a visa debit.

I should of tried the wire maybe, but thought using my visa debit would be better. You know a lot of times books use odd names to hide that it was a gambling transaction. It was 500 bucks.....not something I thought would be flagged.....It was the max I could go at BetJam with a visa debit.

It does sound surprising that was flagged. There should be other methods that can work though. I think they have Visa Gift to Go cards as an option at BJ. Costs you $6 per $100 card but I see no real way for it to get flagged.

Not to worry,
there is an "eog-safe with no added msg system" on the way Gentlemen!

stay tuned

damn! nba, that sounds brutal!

we use national city...no problems thusfar!!!:cheers

JeffR

EOG Senior Member

Mr. NBA, why not just make a cash withdrawal from your bank, and then walk the funds over to Western Union and send them that way? That way your bank isn't involved at all....

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated

Mr. NBA, why not just make a cash withdrawal from your bank, and then walk the funds over to Western Union and send them that way? That way your bank isn't involved at all....

that is an option....also looking at pre-paid visas as well