YESTERDAY WAS A REALLY GOOD DAY!!!!

A percentage point here, a percentage point there.

A win here, a loss there.

Boy, the day played well if you are ODU and sitting on the bubble.

Alabama gets beat by double digits by Kentucky. The Tide can forget about the NCAAs.

Clemson goes scoreless for the last 3 1/2 minutes against Florida State. Say hello to the NIT.

Georgetown beats Villanova and single-handedly gives ODU's strength of schedule in the Ratings Percentage Index a boost while deflating Drexel's.

Syracuse loses to Notre Dame and Drexel takes another RPI hit.

Toledo beat Eastern Michigan and that's a good thing for the Monarchs because Toledo's RPI has now climbed into the top 100.

That makes ODU 6-4 against Top 100s and 4-2 against Top 50s for the year.
Michigan beat Minnesota in the Big Ten, but I believe the Wolverines still have to win another to get consideration.

ODU could have used a loss by Arkansas, but that didn't happen.

Out west, my original thought was that Air Force needed to come up big in the Mountain West, but when the Falcons lost their RPI fell to the point (No. 32) that ODU can now see their claws, which are clinging to the hopes of an at-large. A first-round tournament exit is not a good thing.

Colorado almost pulled the upset of Texas Tech. ODU fans should hope that's it for Texas Tech and the Red Raiders go down in the next round of the Big 12.

Nevada, BYU and Memphis all won and since they are already assured bids, it would be in ODU's best interest if those bids were of the automatic kind.

I rooted hard for Louisville to beat West Virginia, which they did; a GOOD thing for a Monarchs fan.

By the way, Joe Lunardi's Bracketology now has ODU as a NO. 12 seed ...

playing Louisville ... in Spokane, Wash.!!!

For crying out loud!

Beggars can't be choosers. however. :party

Re: YESTERDAY WAS A REALLY GOOD DAY!!!!

Spokane sounds like a long ride on a jet plane but I am sure you will be out there if it happens, Shrink.

Shrink, are you saying that you think Kansas State is already in the tournament or not? I think the winner of that game has a pretty good shot to get in and they dang sure both can't get in, but I think one of them will.

Tech is in.

K-State is in with a win.

So looking like they are both in. Big 12 gets 5, barring the BAYLOR BEARS UPSET SPECIAL -- YOU KNOW THEY'VE BEEN SANDBAGGING IT ALL YEAR LONG FOR THE B12 TOURNEY!!!

Man, I really don't think Tech and KSTATE can both get in.
I'd like to see them both get in, but I don't think they will.

Based on resumes, Tech should be in and K-State would be on the bubble.

But would be hard for the committee to put Texas Tech and not K-State in if the Wildcats win this game by 20+ on a neutral floor.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Based on resumes, Tech should be in and K-State would be on the bubble.

But would be hard for the committee to put Texas Tech and not K-State in if the Wildcats win this game by 20+ on a neutral floor.

i thougth TT was a lock after yesterday as well, but the only thing that could really hurt them was a BAD LOSS like this....gonna be interesting now

ODU's chances took some hits today. I still think that the CAA gets 2 bids this year.

Nick my buddy,

I would beg to differ with you...

Air Force lost in the first round of the Mountain West by five to Wyoming.

That means Air Force has lost four straight coming into Selection Sunday and 6 of 10.

Have they played themselves off the NCAA board?

Possibly.

And that only helps ODU's at-large cause.

So did Georgia Tech going down in double OT to a mediocre Wake Forest team last night after I'd gone to sleep,

Other outcomes that were good for ODU:

Louisville over West Virginia, which very well could have bumped the Mountaineers.

UNLV whopped Utah by 26. UNLV winning its tournament would be a good thing.

Had to like UNC beating Florida State by 15.

Ohio State bumping Michigan by 10 was also a good thing for the Monarchs.

Keep checking those scores. It's getting interesting.

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast

Look out Oklahoma State now enters the bubble and with a win they are in today--knocking somebody worthy out.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Shrink I hope you are correct. I was looking at results like Illinois winnning and Nevada and Xavier losing.

Do those conference winners take an at-large away?

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Look out Oklahoma State now enters the bubble and with a win they are in today--knocking somebody worthy out.

Not a chance does a team that went 6-10 in their conference get an at-large bid. Ok State needs to win 2 more games to win it all.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

K-State and Tech will get in. Big 12 will have these teams in....

Kansas
Texas A&M
Texas
Kansas St
Texas Tech

Culver

EOG Veteran

As of Saturday morning these teams are in (safest teams listed first):

(This list does not include the obvious high seeded teams that are guaranteed to be in.)

Louisville
Virginia
Tennessee
Oregon
Virginia Tech
Byu
Notre Dame
Marquette
Vanderbilt
Arizona
Duke
Butler
Boston College
Southern Cal
Villanova
Kentucky
Indiana
Michigan State
Texas Tech
Georgia Tech
Xavier
Illinois
Syracuse
Missouri State
Old Dominion

Decided today

George Washington
New Mexico State
Akron
Long Beach State

In trouble (best chances listed first):

Purdue
Stanford
Kansas State
Florida State
Arkansas
Drexel
Clemson
Mississippi State

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast

Not a chance does a team that went 6-10 in their conference get an at-large bid. Ok State needs to win 2 more games to win it all.

I agree with you but the pairings are due to CBS at halftime of the championship game--- no way you can eliminate a participant in the Big 12 championship game. Would be hilarious to see a conference champion not seeded--what a disaster.

Culver

EOG Veteran

I agree with you but the pairings are due to CBS at halftime of the championship game--- no way you can eliminate a participant in the Big 12 championship game. Would be hilarious to see a conference champion not seeded--what a disaster.

The pairings will be announced after all games are completed. And I think it's safe to say that they won't invite a conference champion because they didn't have time to see who won.

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast

Culver the pairings are done prior to the finish of the Big 12 and Big 10 game--they have to be for television.

dirty

EOG Master

Russ is Correct Dewey...The Selection show is on from 6-7 PM after all the games are completed as always... And it is impossible for a conference Champion to be excluded as they get Automatic Bids....all teams are seeded as well...from 1-16 in each Bracket after the play in game.

In Case you need it in Print...here it is

CBS Sports' championship weekend highlighted by exclusive Selection Show
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td width="10"> </td> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td width="10"> </td> <td align="right"> <script language="JavaScript"><!--// var dclkFeaturesponsor='http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/sponsorships.spln.com/fs/stories/'+vTag+';'+vTarget+';'+uID+';sz=234x42;tile=5;ord='+random+'?'; if (switchDclk != 'off') { if (location.search.substring(1).indexOf('DCLK')>-1) document.write('<input type="text" value="'+dclkFeaturesponsor+'" style="width:">
'); document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="'+dclkFeaturesponsor+'"><\/script>'); } // --></script><script src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/sponsorships.spln.com/fs/stories/cbssports;arena=cbssports;type=psa;user=Named;ct=USA;st=GA;ac=770;gend=M;age=B;seg=nonaol;vpmp=no;adv=d;cust=yes;fteam=NFL-ATL;fteam=NBA-ATL;fteam=MLB-ATL;fteam=NHL-ATL;fteam=NCAAF-GATECH;fteam=NCAAB-GATECH;pteam=NFL-none;pteam=NBA-DAL;pteam=NBA-DEN;pteam=NBA-SAC;pteam=NHL-none;pteam=NCAAF-GA;pteam=NCAAB-DUKE;pteam=NCAAB-NC;fplay=TEN-none;fplay=AUTO-none;pplay=TEN-none;pplay=AUTO-none;vip=no;u=dirtydy1;sz=234x42;tile=5;ord=1390827135489887?"></script><noscript></noscript> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"> <td width="10"> </td> <td> [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
<table style="margin: 5px 0px 5px 5px;" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 8px;"> <nobr> </nobr> </td></tr></tbody></table><!-- T10048502 --><!-- Sesame Modified: 03/08/2007 22:00:06 --><!-- sversion: 2 $Updated: rliwag$ --> CBS SPORTS' CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND HIGHLIGHTED BY EXCLUSIVE COVERAGE OF "NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SELECTION SHOW" Conference Championships for Conference USA, Pac-10, SEC and Big Ten Featured on Saturday, March 10 and Sunday, March 11
CBS Sports’ coverage of CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND is highlighted by the NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SELECTION SHOW on Sunday, March 11 (6:00-7:00 PM, ET), with the exclusive, live, first-time announcement of the pairings for the 2007 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship.
CBS Sports begins CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND on Saturday, March 10 (11:30 AM, ET) with the Conference USA Championship followed by the Big Ten Semifinals (1:40 PM, ET). The Pac-10 Championship concludes Saturday's quadruple-header coverage (6:00 PM, ET).
On Sunday, THE ROAD TO THE FINAL FOUR tips-off the day (12:00 Noon-1:00 PM, ET) followed by national coverage of the SEC Championship (1:00 PM, ET) and the Big Ten Championship (3:30 PM, ET). The SELECTION SHOW wraps up an exciting weekend of college basketball on the CBS Television Network.
Greg Gumbel, Clark Kellogg and Seth Davis host the SELECTION SHOW live from the CBS Broadcast Center in New York. Jim Nantz and Billy Packer will join Gumbel, Kellogg and Davis via satellite from the site of the Big Ten Championship, United Center in Chicago, Ill. In addition, Gary Walters, Chairman of the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee will be on live from NCAA Headquarters in Indianapolis, Ind. on Saturday and Sunday. Gumbel, Kellogg and Davis also host AT THE HALF, CBS Sports' halftime studio show, and THE ROAD TO THE FINAL FOUR.
Eric Mann serves as Senior Producer and Bob Matina directs the Network’s coverage. Steve Scheer will produce from Indianapolis.
Tony Petitti is Executive Vice President and Executive Producer, CBS Sports.
Following are the weekend talent and production assignments:

Saturday, March 10 - Quadrupleheader

11:30 AM, ET
Conference USA Championship | Gus Johnson/Dan Bonner | Craig Silver/Andy Goldberg
1:40 PM, ET
Big Ten Semifinals | Jim Nantz/Billy Packer | Bob Dekas/Bob Fishman
6:00 PM, ET
Pac-10 Championship | Dick Enberg/Bob Wenzel | Bob Mansbach/Mike Arnold

Sunday, March 11 - Doubleheader

12:00 Noon, ET
The Road to the Final Four | Greg Gumbel/Clark Kellogg/Seth Davis | Eric Mann/Bob Matina
1:00 PM, ET
SEC Championship | Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery | Mark Wolff/Suzanne Smith
3:30 PM, ET
Big Ten Championship | Jim Nantz/Billy Packer | Bob Dekas/Bob Fishman
The Network’s exclusive live broadcast coverage of the 2007 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship tips off with first-round action on Thursday, March 15 and Friday, March 16 (12:00 NOON-5:00 PM, ET and 7:00 PM-12:00 AM, ET, both days) and concludes with the Final Four and Championship game on Saturday, March 31 (6:00-11:00 PM, ET) and Monday, April 2 (9:00-Conclusion PM, ET), respectively.

[/FONT] <!-- begin if story-mag --> <!-- end if story-mag --> </td> <td width="10">
</td></tr></tbody></table>CBS Sports' championship weekend highlighted by exclusive Selection Show - CBS SportsLine.com

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

K-State and Tech will get in. Big 12 will have these teams in....

Kansas
Texas A&M
Texas
Kansas St
Texas Tech

dont see it happening General...too many upsets in the other conferences.....i am thinking now, its gonna be close for them to get 4 in....but i dont see 5 making it....

I don't think Tech gets in, but they certainly could.

An osu win today would make things interesting.

I agree about the conference record however winning three games in three days and beating the number 7 and 14 ranked teams in the country back to back has to count for something.

I think that something would be consideration and that's about it unfortunately. Even a win and a last second loss to KU isn't likely enough and that pisses me the hell off, but when you can't freaking win a single damn road game, not even Colorado or Baylor, you don't deserve to get in even if you have beaten Pitt, Missouri State, Syracuse, Texas, aTm, etc.

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast

Russ is Correct Dewey...The Selection show is on from 6-7 PM after all the games are completed as always... And it is impossible for a conference Champion to be excluded as they get Automatic Bids....all teams are seeded as well...from 1-16 in each Bracket after the play in game.

In Case you need it in Print...here it is

CBS Sports' championship weekend highlighted by exclusive Selection Show
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY><TR vAlign=top> <TD width=10></TD> <TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>

</TD><TD width=10></TD><TD align=right><SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--// var dclkFeaturesponsor='http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/sponsorships.spln.com/fs/stories/'+vTag+';'+vTarget+';'+uID+';sz=234x42;tile=5;ord='+random+'?'; if (switchDclk != 'off') { if (location.search.substring(1).indexOf('DCLK')>-1) document.write('<input type="text" value="'+dclkFeaturesponsor+'" style="width:">
'); document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="'+dclkFeaturesponsor+'"><\/script>'); } // --></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/sponsorships.spln.com/fs/stories/cbssports;arena=cbssports;type=psa;user=Named;ct=USA;st=GA;ac=770;gend=M;age=B;seg=nonaol;vpmp=no;adv=d;cust=yes;fteam=NFL-ATL;fteam=NBA-ATL;fteam=MLB-ATL;fteam=NHL-ATL;fteam=NCAAF-GATECH;fteam=NCAAB-GATECH;pteam=NFL-none;pteam=NBA-DAL;pteam=NBA-DEN;pteam=NBA-SAC;pteam=NHL-none;pteam=NCAAF-GA;pteam=NCAAB-DUKE;pteam=NCAAB-NC;fplay=TEN-none;fplay=AUTO-none;pplay=TEN-none;pplay=AUTO-none;vip=no;u=dirtydy1;sz=234x42;tile=5;ord=1390827135489887?"></SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=10></TD><TD>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]<TABLE style="MARGIN: 5px 0px 5px 5px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(204,204,204) 1px solid"><NOBR> </NOBR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- T10048502 --><!-- Sesame Modified: 03/08/2007 22:00:06 --><!-- sversion: 2 $Updated: rliwag$ -->CBS SPORTS' CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND HIGHLIGHTED BY EXCLUSIVE COVERAGE OF "NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SELECTION SHOW" Conference Championships for Conference USA, Pac-10, SEC and Big Ten Featured on Saturday, March 10 and Sunday, March 11 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]CBS Sports? coverage of CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND is highlighted by the NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SELECTION SHOW on Sunday, March 11 (6:00-7:00 PM, ET), with the exclusive, live, first-time announcement of the pairings for the 2007 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]CBS Sports begins CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND on Saturday, March 10 (11:30 AM, ET) with the Conference USA Championship followed by the Big Ten Semifinals (1:40 PM, ET). The Pac-10 Championship concludes Saturday's quadruple-header coverage (6:00 PM, ET). [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]On Sunday, THE ROAD TO THE FINAL FOUR tips-off the day (12:00 Noon-1:00 PM, ET) followed by national coverage of the SEC Championship (1:00 PM, ET) and the Big Ten Championship (3:30 PM, ET). The SELECTION SHOW wraps up an exciting weekend of college basketball on the CBS Television Network. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Greg Gumbel, Clark Kellogg and Seth Davis host the SELECTION SHOW live from the CBS Broadcast Center in New York. Jim Nantz and Billy Packer will join Gumbel, Kellogg and Davis via satellite from the site of the Big Ten Championship, United Center in Chicago, Ill. In addition, Gary Walters, Chairman of the NCAA Division I Men?s Basketball Committee will be on live from NCAA Headquarters in Indianapolis, Ind. on Saturday and Sunday. Gumbel, Kellogg and Davis also host AT THE HALF, CBS Sports' halftime studio show, and THE ROAD TO THE FINAL FOUR. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Eric Mann serves as Senior Producer and Bob Matina directs the Network?s coverage. Steve Scheer will produce from Indianapolis. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Tony Petitti is Executive Vice President and Executive Producer, CBS Sports. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Following are the weekend talent and production assignments: [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Saturday, March 10 - Quadrupleheader [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]11:30 AM, ET [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Conference USA Championship | Gus Johnson/Dan Bonner | Craig Silver/Andy Goldberg [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1:40 PM, ET [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Big Ten Semifinals | Jim Nantz/Billy Packer | Bob Dekas/Bob Fishman [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]6:00 PM, ET [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Pac-10 Championship | Dick Enberg/Bob Wenzel | Bob Mansbach/Mike Arnold [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Sunday, March 11 - Doubleheader [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]12:00 Noon, ET [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]The Road to the Final Four | Greg Gumbel/Clark Kellogg/Seth Davis | Eric Mann/Bob Matina [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1:00 PM, ET [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]SEC Championship | Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery | Mark Wolff/Suzanne Smith [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]3:30 PM, ET [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Big Ten Championship | Jim Nantz/Billy Packer | Bob Dekas/Bob Fishman [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]The Network?s exclusive live broadcast coverage of the 2007 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship tips off with first-round action on Thursday, March 15 and Friday, March 16 (12:00 NOON-5:00 PM, ET and 7:00 PM-12:00 AM, ET, both days) and concludes with the Final Four and Championship game on Saturday, March 31 (6:00-11:00 PM, ET) and Monday, April 2 (9:00-Conclusion PM, ET), respectively. [/FONT]

<!-- begin if story-mag --><!-- end if story-mag -->
</TD><TD width=10>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>CBS Sports' championship weekend highlighted by exclusive Selection Show - CBS SportsLine.com

Guys this isn't a huge deal. But CBS goes in the committee room at 5:30 eastern the pairings are given to them then. There are still games going on--they usually don't matter to the process. I know how this works.

I know of what I speak and wouldn't post some thing that is outrageous. With the Big 12 start it will finish right as the pairing are given to CBS-- so I am sure the committee could adjust on its feet and they may have contingencies in place for something to spare us a disaster.

Good luck and have an enjoyable tourney. I like the discussion of the seeds and pairing on this forum -- you guys do a good job.