Soros Buys almost 2 million Shares of Halliburton Stock in 4th Quarter of 06'

dirty

EOG Master
Soros buys Halliburton

Home ? blogs ? Mike Boyer
<!-- start main content --> <!-- begin content --> Tue, 02/27/2007 - 3:22pm.

Normally, I'm willing to overlook the hypocrisy of the liberal elite. If Al Gore and his Hollywood cronies want to fly around on gas-guzzling, atmosphere-polluting private jets while railing against global climate change, I'm willing to overlook it.
But the latest move by globe trotting, hyper-liberal billionaire George Soros borders on being too much. According to papers filed with the SEC, in the fourth quarter of 2006 Soros purchased nearly 2 million shares of ... hold your breath ... Halliburton. The Halliburton shares reportedly went for an average purchase price of $31.30 a share. That puts Soros' total investment in Halliburton at around $62.6 million, or about 2 percent of his total portfolio.
Soros, of course, is the dean of Democratic money giving. And Halliburton, of course, is the company that embodies everything the Democrats see as evil. Dick Cheney is its former chief, for goodness' sake. But Soros is also a man of contradictions. He supported campaign finance reform for years, only to declare that defeating President George W. Bush was the "central focus" of his life. To prove it, he sunk $24 million of his own "soft" money into the 2004 campaign, helping make that election one of the most divisive in modern history.
Soros' position in Halliburton is reported to be his first, which means he bought it with a full understanding of Halliburton's reputation. Soros may not see a problem with profiting from a company that has been accused of everything from sweatheart deals to cooking the books to serving U.S. troops lousy food in Iraq. The real question, however, is whether MoveOn.org, the Center for American Progress, and other organizations that have benefitted from Soros' charity will see a problem with accepting money earned off Halliburton shares?

The Devil

EOG Master
Re: Soros Buys almost 2 million Shares of Halliburton Stock in 4th Quarter of 06'

DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO.......ROTFLMAO..........

LOVE WHEN DOC MISSES A POST, MAYBE THIS WILL BRING IT BACK UP SO HE CAN SEE IT........

dirty

EOG Master
Re: Soros Buys almost 2 million Shares of Halliburton Stock in 4th Quarter of 06'

He has got posts all over this board....He is prolly blowing his computer up trying to find a cut and paste response...

The Devil

EOG Master

I WILL BRING IT BACK UP AS I KNOW HE IS HERE POSTING NOW.....

ANY RESPONSE DOCTOR??? I MEAN ON THIS SUBJECT ONLY.........DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT ANYONE ELSE.......JUST THIS PARTICULAR GUY...........

dirty

EOG Master

I believe I could start a thread on Michael Moore Owning Halliburton Stock as well Devil

The Devil

EOG Master

WELL LOOKS LIKE IT DOESN'T FIT DOCS AGENDA TO ANSWER THIS.........I LIKE WHEN HE BECOMES A MUTE.........

dirty

EOG Master

Dev he is Frantically trying to find a Response somewhere... and Can you imagine if a Conservative did this if the Roles were Reversed... the Media would have a Field Day....And Not one time was this Mentioned by any Main Stream news organizations

The Devil

EOG Master

DIRTY, WE ALL KNOW WHAT DOC IS.......HE CAN TALK ALL HE WANTS....ANYTIME HE GOES HEAD TO HEAD WITH ANYONE HE COMES IN SECOND.......

MAYBE HE SHOULD LOOK UP A HORSE NAMED JACQUES WHO.......I THINK THE HORSE RAN SECOND 32 TIMES.........

DOC MERCER IN DEBATES IS THE JACQUES WHO OF EOG.........

HOLD ON LET ME GET HIM SOME OATS........

BUT WHAT REALLY PISSES OFF THE MERCER MAN IS ALL THE TIMES I HAND HIM HIS ASS WHEN HE DOES DEBATE.........

The Devil

EOG Master

GUESS HE STILL HASN'T SEE THIS THREAD??

The Devil

EOG Master

SO YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY HERE DOC?????

YOU BEING QUIET SPEAKS VOLUMES........

dirty

EOG Master

Another Few hours and Doc Ignores the Hypocrisy of the Leftist Leaders once again

dirty

EOG Master

A few More Hours....Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock

The Devil

EOG Master

WELL GEEE WHAT A SURPRISE STILL NO RESPONSE FROM DOC......

MAYBE WRIGS HAS SOMETHING TO SAY ON THIS?????

dirty

EOG Master

I doubt it....They just like to dogpile the right no matter what...

dirty

EOG Master

another day .... No Comment from the Commies in America's Fearless Leader

The Devil

EOG Master

I GUESS DOC AND WRIGLEY HAVE LOST THEIR ABILITY TO DEFEND THEIR BOYS..................MAYBE THEY CAN FIND A FUNNY PICTURE OR CARTOON TO POST ....

HOW ABOUT ONE WHERE SOROS IS CALLING HIS BROKER SAYING I REALLY WANT 62 MILLION WORTH OF HILLIBURTON, MAYBE WE CAN SLIP IT THROUGH SO NOONE KNOWS IT'S REALLY ME.....

The Devil

EOG Master

YOO HOOO!!!! OH DOC!! OH WRIGLEY!!!

CAN I GET AN AMEN ON THIS BROTHERS............

The Devil

EOG Master

WHILE YOU ARE HERE WRIGS WHAT ARE YOU FEELINGS ON THIS????

seedless

EOG Enthusiast

Wowza, with Soros making the bet on Haliburton, you gotta think that he is betting real $$, knowing that more military duckets are going to be spent at some time in the near future.
Maybe escalation / retaliation for the suicide bombing on Cheney? The first thing I thought of when I heard of the attack, was that this will be used for more troops and money spent.

dirty

EOG Master

Welcome to EOG seedless

seedless

EOG Enthusiast

Thank you for the welcome post, dirty.

The Devil

EOG Master

DOC???

WRIGS???

LETS ADD YNOT?????

ANYONE FROM THE LEFT????

ynot

EOG Dedicated

This is not news to people who know how the game is played. Games played on a grand scale costs lots of money. Both sides have to be flush with cash.

Similar to war...both sides have to have weapons, machinery, vechicles, etc. . It doesn't matter so much to the masters where they come from....as long as the right people profit in the end.

The Devil

EOG Master

WRIGS, STOP DODGING THIS QUESTION.....

HOW ABOUT SOME INSIGHT INTO THIS......

YOU SEEM VERY GOOD AT SAYING ANSWER THE QUESTION, SO ANSWER THIS..........

The Devil

EOG Master

HERE WRIGS I BROUGHT IT UP ONE MORE TIME FOR YOU

The Devil

EOG Master

HERE WRIGS, DOC......BACK ON TOP FOR YOU GUYS....

The Devil

EOG Master

HERE DOC, MAYBE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ON THIS?????

The Devil

EOG Master

TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK, NO ANSWERS FROM THE LEFT AS YET......

The Devil

EOG Master

BRING ME BACK TO THE TOP.....

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Cheneys investments are a "tad bit' more worrisome with the way he has
conned Americans ...

The Devil

EOG Master

YOU STILL HAVE A PROBLEM READING DOC???

ONLY A PERSON WITH LIMITED DEBATING SKILLS NEEDS TO CONSTANTLY CHANGE THE SUBJECT.......SEEMS THAT IS WHAT THE LEFT IS GOOD AT........

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Yeah I can read ...

Look at how many folks bought into Cheneys bullshit when his investments are
heavy on shit going the tank over here

The Devil

EOG Master

MAYBE YOU CAN READ, BUT YOU STILL HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANSWERING DON'T YOU.....WE ARE TALKING SOROS BUYING HALLIBURTON STOCK, WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT CHENEY......WHAT PART OF THE EQUATION DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND......

IF THERE IS SOMETHING YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ABOUT SOROS BUYING 62 MILLION WORTH OF STOCK IN HALLIBURTON, YOU MAY ASK ME AND I WILL WALK YOU THROUGH SLOWLY.......

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

That is Soros money and his investments ....

Cheney is the one yapping and running around conning folks like Lay did when
his crooked ass is investing heavy into things going down the shitter here

THE VP - WHO BY THE WAY WAS ON HALLIBURTONS PAYROLL AS HE GOT THEM UNCONTESTED CONTRACTS IN IRAQ TO FLEECE THIS COUNTRY - HAS ONE HELLVA LOT MORE INFLUENCE WITH FOLKS THAN SOROS DOES WHEN IT COMES TO INVESTMENTS

Cheney yaps how great things are due to tax cuts for the wealthy and the SHEEP run to the stock market ....

WAKE UP ... NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT WHERE SOROS HAS HIS MONEY

ynot

EOG Dedicated

OK Devil it is about time you admited that the far right and the far left are in some kind of grand conpirisiy, where they own hundreds of millions in companies that profit off the loss of the country. THEY OWN THE SAME COMPANIES.

The Devil

EOG Master

That is Soros money and his investments ....

Cheney is the one yapping and running around conning folks like Lay did when
his crooked ass is investing heavy into things going down the shitter here

THE VP - WHO BY THE WAY WAS ON HALLIBURTONS PAYROLL AS HE GOT THEM UNCONTESTED CONTRACTS IN IRAQ TO FLEECE THIS COUNTRY - HAS ONE HELLVA LOT MORE INFLUENCE WITH FOLKS THAN SOROS DOES WHEN IT COMES TO INVESTMENTS

Cheney yaps how great things are due to tax cuts for the wealthy and the SHEEP run to the stock market ....

WAKE UP ... NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT WHERE SOROS HAS HIS MONEY

SO YOU CONDONE HIM OWNING HALLIBURTON STOCK??? I GUESS YOUR HIGH AND MIGHTY DEMS DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHERE THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY DO THEY........AND I GUESS THOSE POLITICIANS WHO ACCEPT HIS DONATIONS DON'T CARE EITHER IS THAT CORRECT DOC???

SO THE DEMS ARE CORRUPT AND YOU DON'T CARE BECAUSE THEY ARE DEMOCRATS.......

AT LEAST I CAN SEE YOU HAVE NO MORALS EITHER, BUT IT'S NICE TO KNOW AT LEAST YOU ADMIT IT NOW.....

The Devil

EOG Master

OK Devil it is about time you admited that the far right and the far left are in some kind of grand conpirisiy, where they own hundreds of millions in companies that profit off the loss of the country. THEY OWN THE SAME COMPANIES.

I WOULDN'T CALL IT A CONSPIRISY, I WOULD CALL IT THE AMERICAN WAY........PEOPLE, REGARDLESS OF POLITICAL AFFILIATIONS WANT TO BECOME RICH........

THE STOCK MARKET IS OPEN TO ALL.......YOU CAN MAKE YOUR PICKS AND BUY YOUR STOCKS............BUT DON'T BE A HYPOCRITE AND STAND FOR ONE THING AND BUY STOCKS THAT GO AGAINST WHAT YOU SAY...........

SOROS IS FUNDING CANDIDATES THAT OPPOSE HALLIBURTON AND HE IS USING HIS MONEY AND INFLUENCE TO SUPPORT THOSE PEOPLE WITH PROFITS HE MAKES OFF HALLIBURTON........THAT MY FRIEND IS A HYPOCRITE........

ynot

EOG Dedicated

The market is open to all, but only a few thousand can manipulate it. It has been proven over and over and over and over and over and over and over to the 10X.
:cheers

seedless

EOG Enthusiast

I WOULDN'T CALL IT A CONSPIRISY, I WOULD CALL IT THE AMERICAN WAY........PEOPLE, REGARDLESS OF POLITICAL AFFILIATIONS WANT TO BECOME RICH........

THE STOCK MARKET IS OPEN TO ALL.......YOU CAN MAKE YOUR PICKS AND BUY YOUR STOCKS............BUT DON'T BE A HYPOCRITE AND STAND FOR ONE THING AND BUY STOCKS THAT GO AGAINST WHAT YOU SAY...........

SOROS IS FUNDING CANDIDATES THAT OPPOSE HALLIBURTON AND HE IS USING HIS MONEY AND INFLUENCE TO SUPPORT THOSE PEOPLE WITH PROFITS HE MAKES OFF HALLIBURTON........THAT MY FRIEND IS A HYPOCRITE........

Money is money, it makes no difference in the way it spends. I personally don't care for the Yankees much. But the Yankees at a good price is still a good price, and I will take 'em. I don't feel like a hypocrite when I do either.

I don't personally see how this makes Soros a hypocrite, myself.

dirty

EOG Master

It's kinda Like the Deacon at the Church Telling you Not to Drink and Drinking is bad for you, then you find out he owns a Liquor Store