OT-Comedian Richard Jeni Kills Himself

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
Los Angeles (eCanadaNow) -

Comedian and actor Richard Jeni was found dead in his West Hollywood apartment over the weekend, presumably from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. A loaded gun was reportedly found next to his body.

Jeni?s biography claims that he has appeared more on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno than any other stand-up comedian, dating back to when the Tonight Show was hosted by Johnny Carson.
In 2004, Jeni was named number 57 on Comedy Central?s list of the 100 greatest standups of all time.
Jeni was 45.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
Re: OT-Comedian Richard Jeni Kills Himself

Never heard too much of his standup, but he was always funny sitting in on the Howard Stern show...RIP

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

Don't know much about the guy, but sure hate hearing this kind of news.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Awful news. Did see one of his standup on HBO and thought it was OK.

I feel bad for any loved ones he left behind. May they get over the anger that inevitably comes with someone taking their own life.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

they say people who are always trying to be funny, are usually hiding great pain

dirty

EOG Master

I have never heard of him.....but tragic news....

I guess why is cause I don't like stern, and I don't watch many Standup Commedians anymore... most are not funny when you do watch and that is a hour of your life you can never get back after you wasted it...

Very sad news. Reminds me of hearing when Ray Combs or Chris Farley died.

No Way! That really sucks. He has brought so many smiles and so much laughter to so many people. I think he was one of the best out there, his stand-up gives me a stomach ache from laughing so hard. He will be missed :(

they say people who are always trying to be funny, are usually hiding great pain

Richard Pryor
Johh Belushi
Sam Kinison
Chris Farley
etc.

All the great ones are disturbed. If they find the right shrink and fix their issues, no more funny. Funny how that works.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

normally i have no problem expessing my thoughts - but here i do

tragic is an understatement - i am still shaking my head over this one

mgmhatesme

EOG Addicted

saw this guy perform live in Virginia Beach. Was funny as hell... self-deprecating a bit, kinda joking how everyone thought he was successful and then he has to suck it up and stand in front of a brick wall every night. In retrospect, puts a different spin on some of his comedy. Sad news.

I can't get that upset about this. He really wasn't that very funny. It's not like Chris Rock or Dave Chapelle killed themselves. Still...suicide is very sad.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

wonder why it took so long to break in mainstream news...i heard about it early yesterday morning