ODU OPENS UP + 2 VS. BUTLER...

Isn't it interesting that a team many experts didn't believe would get a bid to the Big Dance is a 12 seed getting ONLY 2 points against a 5 seed??? :+clueless

The MIRAGE has opened up this line at only 2...

Talk about RESPECT????

And OBVIOUSLY, ODU belongs baby...

THE SHRINK

Re: ODU OPENS UP + 2 VS. BUTLER...

I wonder if ODU could beat WRIGHT STATE????? They beat the Butler twice this year....and the last time in the championship game (albeit in the Wright Center last out) ......ODU gets by the first round because they can score and the Butler can't get it up..........

I think Drexel should of got in also from the CAA wonder what the Duke -VCU line will be?

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

syr with harris trob and devo would kick odu ass from here to the scope in norfolk
------
a team that thumps gtw and beats marq ....out there wtf over

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

I would think the line would go higher and is trappy. Isn't Butler ranked higher?

Well of course Butler is ranked Higher...

NO TRAP if you know what you are doing...:+excited-

Shrink's influence is definitely getting felt here. Hard for anyone to say ODU is the better team on paper or should even be within a few points of Butler. Books are afraid of the influence of Shrink or have been drinking his punch on this one!

I bet no one knew that Virginia had someone heavily involved within the selection committee? :houra

When was the last time that any team with an RPI in the 50's got a 4 seed?

The answer is NEVER BEFORE!!!

The previous high had been in 8 seed but UVA got the 4th seed...

Things that make some go hmmmmm....

THE SHRINK

dirty

EOG Master

Virginia was 11-5 in the toughest Conference in the Land and won 20 games....They beat all the teams they needed to beat...and save a 3 games skid at the end of the season Led the ACC most of the year

Butler wins by 10...

Please provide your reasoning because here is WHY I LIKE ODU....

Butler does not have anyone taller than 6-8. They have very good guards. They don't like an up tempo type game.

Butler has not played so well in the their last few games going 4-4 but ODU WON 12 of its last 13. The last time Butler beat a team with an RPI lower than 100 was Wright St way back on Jan 6.

I think ODU matches up very well against Butler.

Brandon Johnson and Drew Williamson from ODU are two of the most capable guards around.

I am sure Brandon will come up huge and stay focused. I believe ODU can shred Butler like they did against Georgetown. I have a feeling that ODU'S BIG MEN, Dahi, Lee, and Valdus will play huge for ODU too.

I really, really, really, like this matchup.

Butler beat some quality teams early in the preseason NIT. They are very experienced and don't turn the ball over. I watched their game against Wright State and kept saying to myself they remind me of ODU.

Butler shoots the 3 well but they don't like to run. They have been outrebounded on the year by quite a bit. ODU was the LEADING REBOUNDING TEAM in the CAA!!!

<b>In fact, Butler's top rebounder is a guard, Mike Green, who is a transfer from Towson. </b>

ODU is bigger and more athletic.

ODU WILL WIN THIS GAME, period...

THE SHRINK

Please provide your reasoning because here is WHY I LIKE ODU....

Butler does not have anyone taller than 6-8. They have very good guards. They don't like an up tempo type game.

Butler has not played so well in the their last few games going 4-4 but ODU WON 12 of its last 13. The last time Butler beat a team with an RPI lower than 100 was Wright St way back on Jan 6.

I think ODU matches up very well against Butler.

Brandon Johnson and Drew Williamson from ODU are two of the most capable guards around.

I am sure Brandon will come up huge and stay focused. I believe ODU can shred Butler like they did against Georgetown. I have a feeling that ODU'S BIG MEN, Dahi, Lee, and Valdus will play huge for ODU too.

I really, really, really, like this matchup.

Butler beat some quality teams early in the preseason NIT. They are very experienced and don't turn the ball over. I watched their game against Wright State and kept saying to myself they remind me of ODU.

Butler shoots the 3 well but they don't like to run. They have been outrebounded on the year by quite a bit. ODU was the LEADING REBOUNDING TEAM in the CAA!!!

In fact, Butler's top rebounder is a guard, Mike Green, who is a transfer from Towson.

ODU is bigger and more athletic.

ODU WILL WIN THIS GAME, period...

THE SHRINK

Simple, really... I do like Butler's three ball and I think Brandon Crone is a very good player.. Butler has wins over Notre Dame, Tennesee, Gonzaga and Purdue... ODU did beat Georgetown which is certainly impressive but they also lost to Hofstra and a very bad James Madison team.. They are coming off a 13 point loss to George Mason while Butler is coming off a loss to Wright St.... Now who wins between George Mason and Wright St.??? Just my two cents.. I appreciate your feelings for ODU but I just don't think they will win...