Hey Dirty and MO: top 25 getting killed again.

Sleeper

EOG Addicted
Re: Hey Dirty and MO: top 25 getting killed again.

Cannon,
Good job last night as I went 3-2 and the way I bet it I did make a profit as I am sure you did as well. The parlay and round robin bets could be a drawback and the only way I play any parlay's is when I am ahead enough where a small parlay with nice yeild pays, but that is my way. Thank you for doing this work and as promised, I will leave your thread now and wish you the best in all your plays. I will just continue to follow and post in my thread. The way it turns out we should never bump heads, just be on the same side of fewer games and I wish you the best with all you do.
Sleeper

Cannon

Banned

Last two Saturdays ATS 12-4 and 12-4-1. Expect another good Saturday
Lines I bet at Cris Friday Night

5 units
Arkansas -2 1/2
Villanova -5

2 1/2 Units
Arizona +5
Oklahoma St. +9 1/2

2 units
Boston College +6
Mississippi +18 1/2
Georgia + 5 1/2
Illinois + 2 1/2
Wisc Green Bay + 13 1/2
North Carolina St. + 6 1/2
Texas Tech + 3 1/2
San Diego St. + 12 1/2
East Carolina +18
Washington + 4 1/2
South Carolina +16 1/2
Iowa +14
California +11
Georgia Tech + 13
New Mexico St. + 2 1/2
Vandy + 11 1/2

Any lines that move towards these teams over night they should be stronger plays perhaps increase a 1/2 unit. I am playing first half on these as well for 1/2 unit and see how they do. Hope we keep winning.

Sleeper

EOG Addicted

Well done so far today Cannon. I have you at +12 1/2 units with 8 2 unit games to go, best of luck the balance of your card.
Sleeper

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Cannon, how long do u run this system until?

Cannon

Banned

Last two Saturdays ATS 12-4 and 12-4-1. Expect another good Saturday
Lines I bet at Cris Friday Night

5 units
Arkansas -2 1/2 (WINNER)
Villanova -5 (WINNER)

2 1/2 Units
Arizona +5 (WINNER)
Oklahoma St. +9 1/2

2 units
Boston College +6 (LOSER)
Mississippi +18 1/2 (WINNER)
Georgia + 5 1/2 (WINNER)
Illinois + 2 1/2 (LOSER)
Wisc Green Bay + 13 1/2 (LOSER)
North Carolina St. + 6 1/2 (LOSER)
Texas Tech + 3 1/2 (WINNER)
San Diego St. + 12 1/2 (WINNER)
East Carolina +18 (WINNER)
Washington + 4 1/2 (LOSER)
South Carolina +16 1/2 (WINNER)
Iowa +14
California +11
Georgia Tech + 13
New Mexico St. + 2 1/2
Vandy + 11 1/2 (WINNER)

Any lines that move towards these teams over night they should be stronger plays perhaps increase a 1/2 unit. I am playing first half on these as well for 1/2 unit and see how they do. Hope we keep winning.

So far so good
5 units 2-0
2 1/2 units 1-0
2 units 7-5

26 1/2 units in winners
10 units in losers

So far 10 Winners and 5 Losers. Top Plays winning at an alarming clip. I bet this till the end of the NCAA regular season.

BigIgg

EOG Enthusiast

How do you play the tourney?
You said you won a lot through the final four, but what is your unit system you use in the tourney?

Desination

EOG Enthusiast

I love this system Cannon. Another nice Saturday. Keep up the good work.

I started a post over in the CFB forum asking about your top 25 system for CFB. If you get a chance I would appreciate it if you could give me some insight on my questions.

Just two quick questions for the CBB system:

1. You said you usually start after Jan. 1st. Can you apply this system at the beginning of the season too? Or is it more profitable to wait until after Jan. 1st?

2. Also, as someone else asked, what do you do come tourny time? Do you just stick with the top 25 that is posted before the tourny or do you do something completly different?

Cannon

Banned

In the tourney I look at this system but I play what some friends who are large layoff books tell me to bet. So I try and combine the two.

Today I think I went

5 units 2-0

2 1/2 units 1-1

2 units 9-7

I think I graded it right 12-8.

Units won 30 1/2
Units lost 16 1/2 plus whatever the juice was.

Not as good as the last two Saturday 12-4 and 12-4-1 but a nice day.

Sunday I am playing these

South Florida + 13 1/2 (2units)
Marquette +6 (2 1/2 units)
Virgina Tech-5 (5 units)

These systems are 11-5 in post season NFl betting dogs (6-2 ATS) and under (5-3 ATS). N.O. scares me but I am hoping the game is fixed.

If I made and errors please let me know. I like both unders big and both dogs as regular plays in the NFL.

Cannon

Banned

I have a second half of the season NFL system that is unreal. Dirty has seen it choke winners for 5 years I think. It had a monster year this year.

incomeraise

EOG Enthusiast

cannon love ur system as i look at it as being a way of making money
but wanted to know ...if I have a bankroll of $1000 for example how much should be one unit for ur system
I saw that u had 47 units played on ur system saturday(well that s saying that the odds are +100 and not -110) or around 50-51 units with-110
thanks again

Cannon--This system in the SEC only has been great this week

3-0 on Wednesday

5-0 on Saturday

SEC BB just like SEC football--all good and all can beat you at any place any time.

Sleeper

EOG Addicted

Cannon,
I have the same results for you, 12-8 with a +14 less juice is the way I have it. How did you do with first half bets? I did not record the lines or play them but hope you did well with them. Keep up the good work and good luck today.
Sleeper

In the tourney I look at this system but I play what some friends who are large layoff books tell me to bet. So I try and combine the two.

Today I think I went

5 units 2-0

2 1/2 units 1-1

2 units 9-7

I think I graded it right 12-8.

Units won 30 1/2
Units lost 16 1/2 plus whatever the juice was.

Not as good as the last two Saturday 12-4 and 12-4-1 but a nice day.

Sunday I am playing these

South Florida + 13 1/2 (2units)
Marquette +6 (2 1/2 units)
Virgina Tech-5 (5 units)

These systems are 11-5 in post season NFl betting dogs (6-2 ATS) and under (5-3 ATS). N.O. scares me but I am hoping the game is fixed.

If I made and errors please let me know. I like both unders big and both dogs as regular plays in the NFL.
Why are you playing Va Tech--they are in the Top 25 --Maryland is not

Cannon

Banned

Yes my mistake Virgina Tech is #25 and Maryland is #22 in the ESPN top 25 so the play is 3 1/2 units on Virgina Tech. I got busy Saturday and did not get to play the first half. Anyone know how they did. If I had a $1000 bankroll perhaps I would play them for $10 a unit. Your bankroll should grow rather fast if it continues and you should have some fun as well.. I played the Virgina Tech for more money than I should have. I have been betting the games the night before not sure if this helps or hurts in the long run. I think I won the Villanova game by betting it early.

Cannon

Banned

Espn has Maryland #22 and Virgina Tech #25. AP has Virgina Tech #23 and Maryland ranked #26. Really this is a no play but I already bet Virgina Tech. Hope I get lucky.

mc140

EOG Enthusiast

Cannon Thanx for the system. I used the NFL week 9 to 16 system and was up substanitally (well, relatively for someone who can only afford 50 and 25 dollar bets)for the first time in my life :+excited- . Ive been using your college bball system for alomost a week and am up around 23 units. My questions is, I know the system will not win every day but will over the long haul. I was wondering in all the years you have playing your system how often do you have a disastorous day like for example a 4-15 sat. Do most days fall in the 4-3 3-4 range or are there usually really big swings? As some one who only has about 1200 online and uses 10 dollar units Im just a little nervous about all the plays that need to be made on wed and sat.

Nothing for tonight, Cannon? Thanks for letting us know! Your system has quickly become a favorite...winning tends to do that :)

ace rothstein

EOG Member

yesterday it went 1-2........i think on saturday it went 12-8
todays play should be oklahoma +5.5 for 2 units

Cannon

Banned

The Virgina Tech was really a no play because they were ranked higher in the AP poll. I lost on it but played some on the ML and won some back. I think when I have to bet a favorite I will bet the ML only. What does everyone think. I have noticed it does not do well on Sundays not sure why. I have not really had a bad run that I recall betting this in past years. Saturdays always seem do win money so even if it is a bunch or games since you are up I would not be scared to bet that many games. You could just bet the top plays if you are not wanting to risk that many units.

The only play tonight was Oklahoma for 2 units.

Tuesday the plays are
Ill-1 1/2 or ML for 5 units
St. Johns + 4 1/2 for 2 units
Auburn +2 for 2 units
TCU +17 1/2 for 2 units
Miami +6 for 2 units.

I have noticed that games not in these systems that are at home and the line is pick to -3 have been losing since the first of the year. Anyone else noticed it?

Cannon

Banned

Did you guys get the 5 1/2 for the win. I think it is to our advantage to bet these overnight. The lines strangely enough move against us lately. In the past years it was to my advantage to bet late but not this year.

Desination

EOG Enthusiast

I actually got the sooners at +6 for the win.

Tonight I look for the system to easily go 3-2 and has a nice shot to go 5-0 IMO.

Cannon

Banned

The Virgina Tech was really a no play because they were ranked higher in the AP poll. I lost on it but played some on the ML and won some back. I think when I have to bet a favorite I will bet the ML only. What does everyone think. I have noticed it does not do well on Sundays not sure why. I have not really had a bad run that I recall betting this in past years. Saturdays always seem do win money so even if it is a bunch or games since you are up I would not be scared to bet that many games. You could just bet the top plays if you are not wanting to risk that many units.

The only play tonight was Oklahoma for 2 units.

Tuesday the plays are
Ill-1 1/2 or ML for 5 units (WINNER)
St. Johns + 4 1/2 for 2 units (WINNER)
Auburn +2 for 2 units (WINNER)
TCU +17 1/2 for 2 units (LOSER)
Miami +6 for 2 units. (LOSER SHOULD HAVE WON)

I have noticed that games not in these systems that are at home and the line is pick to -3 have been losing since the first of the year. Anyone else noticed it?

3 Winners and 2 Losers

9 units winners 4 units losers. Another great day. How can those at the EOG not bet these. No one cares.

Cannon

Banned

Plays for Wednesday.

Let me know if I made any mistakes..

5 units
Georgia -1

2 units
Wake Forest +16
Northwestern +11
Vandy + 6 1/2
Baylor +10
Seton Hall +15
Cinn +8
Texas Tech + 2 1/2
Tulsa + 19 1/2
Michigan +12
Mississippi St. + 5 1/2
Ariz St. +17

I guess I am the only one playing these.

incomeraise

EOG Enthusiast

3-2 today with +5 units(minus the juice) would have made more needed Miami to hit.
SO according to ur system, wednesday have 12 games to play with 11 2units i think.Also wanted to know what s the play when a ranked team is playing against an unranked team but neither is consider a favorite nor a dog (PK)...I am talking about kentucky vs georgia

Cannon

Banned

I have usually counted a game like that unranked team pick at home vs a ranked team as the home team a dog. So in that case Georgia would be a 2 unit play. They are -1 1/2 now so they are a week 5 unit play. If it goes to - 2 1/2 perhaps play the ML to be safe. I bet Georgia -1 early for 5 units at Cris. 5 unit plays are smoking and they are do for a loss as they must be about 10-1 last 11. That is a lot of plays for a Wednesday don't go crazy.

incomeraise

EOG Enthusiast

so if i follow ur info, Texas should be a pick against nebraska right?

Joey1955

EOG Member

I think I am wasting my time posting these winners nobody seems to give a shit.:+clueless

I don't think you're wasting your time. I suspect from the number of views that there are a bunch of people like me who don't post very often who are keeping close watch on your system. I made a lot of money the last few weeks following your picks- felt like a nervous virgin betting that many games.

Thanks for sharing your system with us.

You are not alone, Cannon! I love the system, follow you along the way, and appreciate you continuing to post!

easymoney

EOG Member

Hey Cannon,
Keep posting them. Your post is the first one I go to when I log on to the baskets at EOG. Keep em coming and thanks.

BRyans

EOG Member

Hi Cannon.
Just found Your System plays yesterday, and will be playing them for the rest of the Season. thank You.

Cannon

Banned

It has not had a horrible day yet. We will get a bad day every now and then. Don't anyone get hurt if he have a bad day. You will make money and have a nice bankroll by March Madness. I will watch and see how teams at home not in the system do when favored pick to -2 1/2 or -3. In years past they don't do very well.

Twoniner

EOG Addicted

Cannon, congrats on all the winners so far this year. :cheers
l've played the unranked favorites segment in the past, but not the others you have listed. In particular I am amazed out how well the simple unranked dogs segment seems to have been fairing. Do you by any chance have the numbers on their performance from last season? I'm sure they were pretty good since they seem to comprise the bulk of the units, even at the smaller units wagered per play.

One restriction I think could possibly help out even more is that of removing large (double digit most likely) home dogs. I have heard Alan Boston (very well respected college hoops bettor from the book "The Odds") and some other very sharp players talk about how double digit home dogs have pretty much been a money burner. I think they were talking about the last few seasons at a minimum, and the beginning of this one is when the conversation came up. Boston said it was costing him so much money that he had to come up with a logical explanation. He said that teams that are at a huge talent disadvantage will still get up for a home game against a top team and will have a lot of emotion on their side, which can keep them in the game at least for awhile. Often times get a small lead or hang very close for awhile. With such a large talent mismatch, as is the case when a team is laying 10+ on the road, the better team is usually going to wake up at some point and overcome the emotional charge of the home dog. When things start to go wrong and the home dog realizes they are overmatched it can very deflating and things can snowball letting the score get out of hand. The favorite then has to overcome a much smaller price than he would if he were at home. When our large dog is on the road (to the top 25 team for our use), he will of course be getting a better price, but also will not deal with the possible emotional roller coaster of the home dog role. In this spot, the home team expects to coast, and the visitor probably doesn't expect much either. We can probably get a generous amount of points and a less than 100% effort from the home team and maybe evena back door cover.

I haven't done the research on this subset, but these guys were talking very seriously about it, and I would be pretty surprised if the large home dogs were a decent winner over the period of time they were talking about. If someone has the numbers on large home dogs (double digit or maybe even 7+ or something to get a bigger subset) vs. top 25 teams that would be great. If not, I think we can keep an eye on it going forward and see if it wasn't a way to even better refine the system. If the unranked dogs are performing very well, it might be hard for this subset to be doing too poorly. But if that were to actually be the case, it could be a little boost to weed them out. Good luck.

bajalife

EOG Member

I like the angle

Keep your website out of your posts.... we will not allow you to tout your picks site here

Cannon

Banned

Georgia tanking. The others going to have to keep us from losing tonight.

UofM2003

EOG Addicted

Nice night so far, Cannon. Keep up the amazing work!

BigIgg

EOG Enthusiast

Great Job Cannon,
I appreciate your systems. I came back in the NFL a little with your system(only cause I started in week 15) and now I'm banking on this one.
I remember you saying you don't think you're sticking around this site next year, but will you be around to give us your insight on march madness?

Cannon

Banned

Yea I will stay till baskets are over. I am leaving because the tout Chuck Luck is on this site. Not a huge night but a winning night. I was a little worried so happy to win.

5 units
1-0

2 units
6-5

17 units and 10 units in losers plus the juice.

If you had waited and bet the closing line and not the overnight line like I did you would have been 6-4 with two ties and won the same 7 units.