Arnie Considering Honorary Starter Role at the Masters

dirty

EOG Master
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="left" valign="top"> Updated Wednesday, March 14 at 9:57 PM

</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Palmer considering role as honorary starter
by The Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. - Arnold Palmer might tee it up at the Masters again as an honorary starter.

The four-time Masters champion said Wednesday he has given ``careful consideration'' to a request from Augusta National chairman Billy Payne that Palmer hit the ceremonial tee shot to open the Masters.

``I'm thinking about it,'' the 77-year-old Palmer said. ``I'm giving it some very careful consideration now that I have stopped playing competitively. As you know, Augusta is one of my very favorite places, and of course, Bill Payne is a good friend.''<<table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="130"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2"> </td><td rowspan="4" bgcolor="#999999"> </td><td rowspan="4"> </td></tr><tr><td>" Augusta is one of my very favorite places, and of course, Bill Payne is a good friend.''</td><td> </td></tr><tr><td align="right">Arnold Palmer</td><td> </td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"> </td></tr></tbody></table>br>
The Masters has not had a ceremonial starter since Sam Snead died in 2002. Palmer played his 50th and final Masters in 2004.

``It isn't that I have anything against doing it,'' Palmer said. ``I just want it to be the right time when I decide to do it.''

Asked if that meant this year or next year, Palmer grinned and replied, ``It's in consideration, period.''

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
</td> <!--END STORY//--> </tr> <tr> </tr><tr><td align="left">
?Copyright 2007 AccessNorthGa.com / WDUN News/Talk 550.
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.</td></tr></tbody></table>

The Devil

EOG Master
Re: Arnie Considering Honorary Starter Role at the Masters

ARNIE WOULD BE A GREAT STARTER FOR THE MASTERS......HE IS ONE OF THE ALLTIME MOST LOVED GOLFERS............

dirty

EOG Master
Re: Arnie Considering Honorary Starter Role at the Masters

I wonder if he waits a year, he may be able to talk Jack into being one...