Trooper caught in poker club bust

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Indiana State Police will investigate a trooper who was ticketed during a raid on Northeastside poker club.

Trooper Kyle D. Freeman, 30, a seven-year veteran assigned to the Indianapolis Post was cited for unlawful gambling, a misdemeanor.

Freeman was put on administrative duties and an internal investigation will be conducted, state police announced today in a press release.

Indianapolis metropolitan police raided a club at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 3900 block of Pendleton Way after a year-long vice investigation into illegal gambling.

Police arrested three men - one who had a firearm in his boot - and issued summons arrests to 60 people ? including Freeman -- for illegal gambling.

Players ranged in ages from 18 to 70, were males and females and reside in Marion, Hancock, Morgan, and Hamilton counties, police said.

About $6,000 was seized from the establishment, in addition to poker chips, computers, flat screens and other gambling paraphernalia.

Police said it appears the poker club ran games seven days a week.

Patrons pay a membership fee, in addition to paying to play on any given evening. The building is just south of East Pendleton Pike and just west of I-465, on the Northeastside.

The three outright arrests were of: Ryan Roe, 36, for promoting professional gambling, a felony; Donald Kincaid, 65, for illegal gambling and carrying a firearm without a license; and Richard Harvey, 28, for illegal gambling and a civil contempt warrant.

All of those were preliminary charges.

Journal and Courier Online - Breaking News

sean1

EOG Dedicated
Re: Trooper caught in poker club bust

Sad to see another upstanding citizen who has probably done a lot of good for his community catch shit for doing nothing wrong.

Hopefully the judge/jury simply acquits. I still can't figure out how the hell the prosecutors get guilty verdicts when 85% of America is indifferent about gambling.

Sean

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
IMPD Make Week's Second Gambling Bust

IMPD Make Week's Second Gambling Bust

INDIANAPOLIS - Twice in the same week, metro officers raided an alleged gambling establishment. Thursday's bust was at a place where the window reads car wash, used tires.

But metro police say inside people were gambling illegally and officers arrested four men. They also seized gambling paraphernalia, nearly $2,000 in cash and handguns.

"These are the types of operations, we pulled five guns from here. Individuals know that these type of establishments are operating, they're more apt to rob these places than a CVS pharmacy across the street because very often robberies in these types of establishments go unreported," said Sgt. Matt Mount of IMPD.

Mount said there is nothing particularly special about this week that would lead to two gambling busts in Marion County. It was just that officers, after lengthy investigations, believed they had enough evidence on the car wash and the Pinnacle Club to make their move.

"One of the ways we can stem the violence in this city is by starting with all these kinds of operations and saying you know, this is not going to operate here," said Mount.

In addition to those arrested, 17 people received summons to appear in court, alleged to have been gambling. At least two claim officers overreacted.

"I was deathly afraid I might get killed the way they had the gun pointed atcha," said a witness.

"Most people just watching TV and getting a tire changed. Weren't no gambling, no gambling period," another witness said.

For months some IMPD officers have been under the microscope for possibly participating in gambling at the Indianapolis Pinnacle Club that was raided earlier this week. That internal investigation continues.

WISH-TV: News and Weather for Indianapolis, Indiana - IMPD Make Week's Second Gambling Bust

pvcpipe

EOG Master
Re: IMPD Make Week's Second Gambling Bust

Re: IMPD Make Week's Second Gambling Bust

shameless fear mongering. "stem the violence" in the city? by closing down poker clubs?

The Devil

EOG Master

SURPRISED THEY DIDN'T SAY IT WAS A CASH COW FOR THE MAFIA OR FUNDS WERE BEING FUNNELED INTO SOME TERRORIST ACTIVITIES........

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

another local had a cop , many times h ed call me if i ran the phone ,was wierd the first time ,really f/n up for me ,never got used to it never met him etc he had my phone # etc haha , i guess he was cool lol his handle was uniform,

another local had a cop , many times h ed call me if i ran the phone ,was wierd the first time ,really f/n up for me ,never got used to it never met him etc he had my phone # etc haha , i guess he was cool lol his handle was uniform,

thats funny:LMAO

Indiana State Police will investigate a trooper who was ticketed during a raid on Northeastside poker club.

Trooper Kyle D. Freeman, 30, a seven-year veteran assigned to the Indianapolis Post was cited for unlawful gambling, a misdemeanor.

Freeman was put on administrative duties and an internal investigation will be conducted, state police announced today in a press release.

Indianapolis metropolitan police raided a club at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 3900 block of Pendleton Way after a year-long vice investigation into illegal gambling.

Police arrested three men - one who had a firearm in his boot - and issued summons arrests to 60 people ? including Freeman -- for illegal gambling.

Players ranged in ages from 18 to 70, were males and females and reside in Marion, Hancock, Morgan, and Hamilton counties, police said.

About $6,000 was seized from the establishment, in addition to poker chips, computers, flat screens and other gambling paraphernalia.

Police said it appears the poker club ran games seven days a week.

Patrons pay a membership fee, in addition to paying to play on any given evening. The building is just south of East Pendleton Pike and just west of I-465, on the Northeastside.

The three outright arrests were of: Ryan Roe, 36, for promoting professional gambling, a felony; Donald Kincaid, 65, for illegal gambling and carrying a firearm without a license; and Richard Harvey, 28, for illegal gambling and a civil contempt warrant.

All of those were preliminary charges.

Journal and Courier Online - Breaking News

The guy Ryan who was arrested had it coming. Supposedly, the poker room was robbed two weeks before, and he called the cops. His stupidity is the reason it was busted.