Is it just me or is the DoJ just pushing the BOS stuff under the rug?

There hasn't even been anything about David Carruthers going on there? Was this their goal to begin with??

And now dragging their feet with Neteller?

All they DoJ wanted to do is the players to lose their money??

Re: Is it just me or is the DoJ just pushing the BOS stuff under the rug?

It's unfortunate to see that the players funds were of no priority to the DOJ in both cases. It upsetting to hear all the posters/bettors who had money with one of these places (or both :doh1).

I think the DOJ simply wanted to shut these places down, making examples out of them while putting a notch on the prosecutors belt, helping with whatever political agendas they may have.
:smokesmal

dirty

EOG Master

I don't know for sure...but I don't know what else they can do if BoS is being controlled by Antigua now, and them not showing for court... how do you prosecute Carruthers now if you can't get the records from the company you need... I think they have had to take a delay of game and now are having to punt....but just don't know how to present it without losing Credibility

Both cases are moving forward. US legal system isn't exactly arrest and go to trial right away. It will be months likely until a trial is held if there are no pleas accepted.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

This is another perfect case for "the DEAL". All the lawyers get to look good. That's why the dely in this type of case. Book it!

JC

EOG Veteran

It took me two years to get to a trial and I was pressing for one.

The lawyers and judges don't care. They throw out 30 and 60 day delays like it's no big deal, the same way you might move an appointment 10 minutes. The whole legal system is backed up. It's like they got behind 100 years ago and they've never caught up.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

It took me two years to get to a trial and I was pressing for one.

The lawyers and judges don't care. They throw out 30 and 60 day delays like it's no big deal, the same way you might move an appointment 10 minutes. The whole legal system is backed up. It's like they got behind 100 years ago and they've never caught up.

JC--I both like and respect you. But please don't tell me you were NEVER offered any type of deal.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

He probably was, but since he was not apprehended - he came back to the US simply to fight, obviously he was not looking for a deal.

His goal was to prove the wire act did not apply to other countries. Unfortunately, the judge did not let the jury decide this, the judge told them you must convict if you feel he took bets. It was never JC's goal to prove he did not take bets. He readily admitted this.

Sean

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

Sean--The courts are clogged. This has NOTHING to do with being apprendended. I know that and so does the world. JC turned himself in voluntarily..That is NOT what we are talking about here.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Who, why would JC accept a deal when he only returned to fight the good fight? I was not commenting on courts being clogged. They are clogged.

Sean

JC

EOG Veteran

JC--I both like and respect you. But please don't tell me you were NEVER offered any type of deal.

I let my lawyers know day one I was never interested in any type of deal. I think I said something like, "I don't care if they kick it down to littering, you will not hear the word guilty roll off of my tongue." They may have sent something over at some point. I told my lawyer to tell them to shove it where the sun doesn't shine without even looking at it.

If I believed I had done nothing wrong, which I did, and still do believe till this day, how could I ever plead guilty? I wouldn't be able to live with myself.