BARNEY FRANK SEEKS TO REPEAL ONLINE GAMBLING BILL!!!

michael777

EOG Dedicated
Re: BARNEY FRANK SEEKS TO REPEAL ONLINE GAMBLING BILL!!!

from todays washington post:
LEGISLATION

Thursday, March 15, 2007; Page D02

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]LEGISLATION
<!-- BREAK -->
[/SIZE][/FONT]<HR align=left color=#cccccc SIZE=1>

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Web Gambling Ban Reconsidered
<!-- BREAK -->
[/SIZE][/FONT]<HR align=left color=#cccccc SIZE=1>
Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) may introduce legislation that would repeal a ban on Internet gambling. The possibility sent shares of online-gaming stocks higher. Heather Wong, a spokeswoman for Frank, said the legislator was in the "thinking stage" of drafting a bill to reverse Congress's decision last year to prohibit the collection of credit card payments from gambling Web sites.

dirty

EOG Master

First of all, I am a conservative. I used to be a Republican, mainly because I considered them to be the party of less government, less taxes, and less interference in our personal lives. Sadly, the Republican Party has largely abandoned their base and many conservative principles.

Most of my gambling buddies and I are politically conservative and even attend church regularly. As a church elder, I would always wear my Full Tilt Poker cap to church meetings and never heard a complaint for anyone (I was almost hopeing I would).

Please don't assume that simply because someone is politically conservative and/or attends church that he is in opposition to our interests. It simply is not true.

Barney pisses me off nearly every time he opens his mouth, but I just called his Washington office to convey my support and appreciation for his efforts.

Let's not attack one another because of other political, social, or religious views. In the matter of internet gambling, we should stand united. Our views concerning any other subject must not divide us.

Very good Post... True Conservatives believe in Freedom of choice and support Online gambling and any other recreational Freedoms that people want to partake in. It is a shame Now Days that you can't be a conservative and Not be lumped in with the religious right wackos...

Thank god someone is trying to do something for us. I am so sick and tired of our rights being taken from us. It sickens me that we have die-hard Republicans as moderators on a gambling website. Dirty and the Devil back a crew that are wanting all of our rights removed from us. Bill Frist and his back door sneaky shit should have been the last straw for anybody who wanted the right to gamble offshore. Unfortunately the far right wing nut jobs want to take every right we have from us. There are countries out there already like that where most of the far right wingers including our moderators could go and flourish nicely. You might want to start with China I believe they have most of the moral and regulation issues already handled for you so you don?t have to think for yourself. Go Barney Frank.<o>:p></o>:p>
<o>:p> </o>:p>

you are far off on Me and My beliefs. You are one of the problems grouping people in one Group because they are Politically Conservative. In No way are all Conservatives in the Right Wing religious zealots that you guys like to lump us all in. Shows Ignorance that you can't separate it. There are many many Conservatives who are socially Liberal and have joined the Libertarian Party. Until you people realize that Gambling is not a Party line issue but a social issue we have no way of winning... I guess in your warped Mind, that not one democrat has ever done anything Anti Gambling... Just one question for you... In all the arrests that have happened in the last 40 years...what law is quoted... The Wire Act... Lets do a refresher course of what Political party implemented that piece of Legislation....

dirty

EOG Master

And as for your line about "the few [Republicans] that were trying to appeal to the religious right..." The few?? Please, get some help for that denial....

NO Jeff you are way off base... Only a handful of republicans would have tried what Frist did and we all knew who they were, and Bill Frist was a ring leader. And not to burst your little Bubble but the committee that voted to allow Frist to bring this up was Bipartisan and Not one of the Democrats on the board tried to stop him... But I forgot the Democrats are Holier than though and would never do anything to take away Folks Rights would they.... They are perfect....

Internet Gambling is a Non issue for Most Republicans and Democrats alike.... It is a Non Partisan Issue, and one of personal Morals and Belief's

jakenhl

EOG Member

Dirty - I can tell the difference between the two. I am a Ronald Reagan Conservative which I guess for me is unfortunate because I am able to differientiate between the George Bush White House and what we used to have. A lot of so-called conservatives now days remind me a lot of the Democrats of the 50s & 60s. You need to read up on what a Conservative actually is because what we have right now isn't even close. As far as Democrats and Republicans go when it comes to gambling there has never been a blow felt including the wire act that has affected wagering as bad as your buddy Bill Frist's late night shenanigans.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

The committee did not give a shit. Most people in congress - actually most people in the US could care less about online gambling. MOst people also knew it would be ineffective.

If I was in the committee and there was a debate about shutting down 25% of churches, I would think, gee that would suck, that's kind of sad, but if it got me out of there before 2AM, whatever.. That's how the other 19 people in that committee felt about gambling. Frist and his 2 or 3 Leach/goodlatte cohorts got this thing passed cause no one cared. It's just like when a senator gets a bill passed to dedicate a fountain after someone from his state. No one cares.

Sean

dirty

EOG Master

Dirty - I can tell the difference between the two. I am a Ronald Reagan Conservative which I guess for me is unfortunate because I am able to differientiate between the George Bush White House and what we used to have. A lot of so-called conservatives now days remind me a lot of the Democrats of the 50s & 60s. You need to read up on what a Conservative actually is because what we have right now isn't even close. As far as Democrats and Republicans go when it comes to gambling there has never been a blow felt including the wire act that has affected wagering as bad as your buddy Bill Frist's late night shenanigans.

you just think the blow is worse because it directly affects you... LMAO if you think the wire act and RICO right after it didn't affect gambling more than this new bill... You only think it is worse because it directly affects you and how you were used to doing things offshore. Ask the Thousands of Bookies who have did time, went Broke or were forced to move offshore which one affected them most... I know the answer as I have talked with many of them

And please tell me when I said that Todays White House or Republicans are True Conservatives.... If you find it, you will be making it up because I have never said it....

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

Republican-Democrat-Independant-Name-The-Political-Party:

What is unique about the so called and I hate using terms like right-left-liberal-conservative; Is this The "religious right" stick together for the most part. Exactly where do the "gamblers stick together"?

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Rep. Frank may seek to restore online gambling

Rep. Barney Frank plans to give details in the coming weeks on possible legislation to repeal a ban imposed last year on online gambling. Frank, chairman of the House of Representatives Financial Services Committee, said Thursday that he is in no hurry and plans to consult with others on the matter.

Internet gambling in the United States was effectively banned in October when President Bush signed legislation outlawing gaming financial transactions. The ban has hammered the stocks of online gambling companies such as Britain's PartyGaming. Meanwhile, U.S. prosecutors have launched a probe into Internet gambling. The U.S. Department of Justice has demanded information from some of the world's biggest investment banks as part of the investigation, according to banking sources.

Rep. Frank may seek to restore online gambling | Tech News on ZDNet

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

Does the article say what group of people Frank has on his side to oppose the "religious right" for this cause?
Hey-I'm 100% for him of course.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Maybe Barney can attach it to a church funding bill.

The Devil

EOG Master

First of all, I am a conservative. I used to be a Republican, mainly because I considered them to be the party of less government, less taxes, and less interference in our personal lives. Sadly, the Republican Party has largely abandoned their base and many conservative principles.

Most of my gambling buddies and I are politically conservative and even attend church regularly. As a church elder, I would always wear my Full Tilt Poker cap to church meetings and never heard a complaint for anyone (I was almost hopeing I would).

Please don't assume that simply because someone is politically conservative and/or attends church that he is in opposition to our interests. It simply is not true.

Barney pisses me off nearly every time he opens his mouth, but I just called his Washington office to convey my support and appreciation for his efforts.

Let's not attack one another because of other political, social, or religious views. In the matter of internet gambling, we should stand united. Our views concerning any other subject must not divide us.

NICE FIRST POST TRIP....WELCOME ABOARD....

The Devil

EOG Master

JAKE, MAYBE IF YOU WERE IN THE BUSINESS IN THE 60'S, 70'S, 80'S AND 90'S YOU WOULD KNOW HOW DEVESTATING THE WIRE ACT WAS AND IS......MAYBE IF THERE WAS NO WIRE ACT...THERE WOULD BE NO OFFSHORES AS WE KNOW THEM AS MOST OF THE LOCAL GUYS WOULD HAVE NEVER LEFT..........

DO YOU THINK ALL THE OFFSHORES OPENED UP BECAUSE EVERYONE SAID, HEY LETS PACK UP AND MOVE TO AN ISLAND IN THE CARIBBEAN OR HEY I HEARD COSTA RICA IS A NICE PLACE LETS GO LIVE THERE?????

NOPE JAKE, WE MOVED OFFSHORE BECAUSE OF THE WIRE ACT AND ALL THE LAWS THAT WERE IMPLEMENTED TO STRENGTHEN IT..........AND IT WASN'T THE REPUBLICANS WHO CAUSED IT...IT WAS A FAMILY NAMED KENNEDY.......

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO KNOW WHAT RELIGION YOU ARE A MEMBER OF IF THEY SIDE WITH THE GAMBLING CAUSE OF WHICH WE SPEAK HERE!

jakenhl

EOG Member

Devil and Dirty - you are both right when it comes to the wire act and rico. I started doing this in 1996 and have never dealt with anything from the bookmaker side of the counter. From the wagering side of it this was a major hit for me any many of my friends. I have been able to have as many as 30 books going at once and transfer money with no problem to each any every one of them. Those days for now are over. Most of my buddies who were doing this long before me say there is no comparison between now and then as far as the player goes. Finding 30 locals would be hard to do. While the market they say was much softer before Don Best and the availability of information on the internet as far as convenience goes there is no comparison.

dirty

EOG Master

Devil and Dirty - you are both right when it comes to the wire act and rico. I started doing this in 1996 and have never dealt with anything from the bookmaker side of the counter. From the wagering side of it this was a major hit for me any many of my friends. I have been able to have as many as 30 books going at once and transfer money with no problem to each any every one of them. Those days for now are over. Most of my buddies who were doing this long before me say there is no comparison between now and then as far as the player goes. Finding 30 locals would be hard to do. While the market they say was much softer before Don Best and the availability of information on the internet as far as convenience goes there is no comparison.

Sure the Rico and Wire and little effect on the player... but this did because it was an unprecedented Era in sports Gambling, and I wouldn't count the ease of transferring fund out just yet... after the Bill is written and put in place in July, I am sure something will pop up and be able to be used with the loopholes that will exist in the law... their always are ways around things