Wake me when it gets interesting

I almost speechless about how boring Day 1 was. Wow what a snoozefest. Sorry people, go ahead and get fired up about this college basketball festival but its boring me more every year. Am I really supposed to get excited that a crappy 6th place Duke team lost to a conference champion?

:whatever:

Re: Wake me when it gets interesting

Just the fact that only 2 favorites have lost SU and not one of these David vs. Goliath games has even been compellingly close. Nothing is more fun than seeing a 15 or 16 seed forcing a power team to at least sweat a bit. This year these games are looking like light scrimmages.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

WildBill-

You noticed noone has argued with you. LOL. It has been a little tough to watch. Although, I will say, any day you can watch Duke lose is a good day. Its almost as good as seeing ND lose in football.

Definitely agree on the Duke part, but half my family are UNC grads so that's not new for me. Still it just lacks excitement for me, maybe its overall diminishing excitement with sports. Probably a sign of overexposure for all sports.

minnyace01

EOG Addicted

It's finally getting good!

Wisconsin is playing worse than I thought that they could and Winthrop is giving the Irish all that they want.

I'm sure the Badgers will eventually wear down these four midgets plus a center they are playing. Amazing though they have like 90% of the stadium on their side and they are stinking up the joint.

mofome

Banned

Just the fact that only 2 favorites have lost SU and not one of these David vs. Goliath games has even been compellingly close. Nothing is more fun than seeing a 15 or 16 seed forcing a power team to at least sweat a bit. This year these games are looking like light scrimmages.

how interesting. you say that its getting 'more boring each year', but you go on to cite that there is nothing better than a 15/16 seed pushing one of the top seeds. speaking merely factually (and i know you dont like facts) the average margin of victory of the 1s over the 16s has decreased each of the last several years. seemingly, thats what gets your blood pumping, but you've gone and contradicted yourself. the less you talk, the smarter you seem.

:)

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

No-one should apoligize for anything. By God as we all get older it's not easy recalling those games of yesteryear. "hihosilvereraway".
We are a very diverserve community here. I get mad at you--You get mad at me and so forth.
I hate to say this--but I am one that feels sympathy for some books. No -don't get me wrong--I NEED TO WIN like the rest here. But the good guys offshore have been suffering (if my gut is right) like the the little player has been also. They like you and me don't want complicated pay-get paid-procedures.! Now to be honest-I don't feel sympathy for the players owed many 4 figures and up. Yeah--I hear ya--double standard. Well, by my definations if you can bet thousands, you can "Give me a ticket for an aeroplale, Ain't got time to take a fast trane.." Go to Nevada simple enough. It's us little guys that get the shaft like as in so many aspects of life for the exact SAME thing!
Just had to put in my 2 pennies worth!

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast

I agree with you--all these games at once suck. CBS coverage is brutal.

ESPN knew how to do it with the late starts on the west coast-- so it was basketball all day.

Really stupid.

how interesting. you say that its getting 'more boring each year', but you go on to cite that there is nothing better than a 15/16 seed pushing one of the top seeds. speaking merely factually (and i know you dont like facts) the average margin of victory of the 1s over the 16s has decreased each of the last several years. seemingly, thats what gets your blood pumping, but you've gone and contradicted yourself. the less you talk, the smarter you seem.

I didn't contradict myself, I said I wanted to see competitive games. I don't care if the margins are 15 points now and were 25 points before or whatever. If one number 1 seed had to sweat and wins by 4 and the rest won by 50 it would be more interesting than all of them losing by 20. This year's games are boring, just my opinion and as someone else pointed out no one is exactly disagreeing. Why must you spend all your time dissecting my posts to try to find something stupid to take a shot at me for?

Just a piece of friendly advice man. If you do this to most people, they are going to leave and think who wants to be around this jerk. I bet your site owner wouldn't be pleased if you chased off most potential posters just to satisfy your ego of being the most intelligent person these forums have ever seen.

mofome

Banned

I didn't contradict myself, I said I wanted to see competitive games. I don't care if the margins are 15 points now and were 25 points before or whatever. If one number 1 seed had to sweat and wins by 4 and the rest won by 50 it would be more interesting than all of them losing by 20. This year's games are boring, just my opinion and as someone else pointed out no one is exactly disagreeing. Why must you spend all your time dissecting my posts to try to find something stupid to take a shot at me for?

Just a piece of friendly advice man. If you do this to most people, they are going to leave and think who wants to be around this jerk. I bet your site owner wouldn't be pleased if you chased off most potential posters just to satisfy your ego of being the most intelligent person these forums have ever seen.

your lack of intelligence reeks with every word you speak. for me, it takes me 1.1 seconds to have my reply to someone as simple as you. i positively commented on something you wrote a few days ago, i couldnt care less about you. the fact is, you think you're bright, but you are not. i read your posts and replied; it seems to make you feel better if you imply that i spent hours 'dissecting' your posts to come up with something. i spent zero time thinking of a reply; i simply read your rambling and broke it down for you.

i dont need your advice. you are nothing more than the average, dimwitted, person who thinks they are something they are not.

my 'site owner'? you mean the person who, intentionally, selected me to work for his site?

wildbill, you may have some knowlege on gambling and the business, but anyone can gain what you've got by simply subjecting themselves to the same materials that you've had shoved infront of your face. Unfortunately, for you, you're simply not an overly intelligent person. what is 'dissecting' for you, is a quick reply for me. mentally, you're my inferior. life goes on.

btw, you did contradict yourself.

You're right Mo. I just stopped and thought about it and realized I am the dumb one for trying to reason with the biggest asshole on the site. I mean that alone proves I am dumb. Good luck with your site sir. I'm sure those you spare your wrath will enjoy it.

mofome

Banned

You're right Mo. I just stopped and thought about it and realized I am the dumb one for trying to reason with the biggest asshole on the site. I mean that alone proves I am dumb. Good luck with your site sir. I'm sure those you spare your wrath will enjoy it.

your first thought. a starts... of sorts.

:houra :houra :houra :houra :houra :houra