BUTLER vs MARYLAND

Ned

EOG Veteran
1st tourney play and it's a MONSTER:

BUTLER +5.5 GAME BIGGEST PLAY OF THE YR!

BUTLER +216 ML BIGGEST ML PLAY OF THE YR!

BUTLER +3 1st half

BUTLER +162 ML 1st HALF

This may be my only play of the entire tournament, but it is the best play I have seen all year. I can provide about 30 paragraphs as to why, but the only thing that matters is the final score!

Good luck to all!

Ned

EOG Veteran
Re: BUTLER vs MARYLAND

I will be back at halftime to take the 2nd half ML and side if it fits!

And please dont throw any Rankings or ATS Stats at me. Thanks!!!!
Looking forward to ur response

munson15

I want winners...

Ned had a system for bracket busters that hit a ridiculous percentage. He's not an every day player, so a little unorthodox, Micelli. Good to see you again, Ned!:cheers

Ned

EOG Veteran

Can you provide a few sentences maybe? Thanks and GL

OK here you go Micelli:

Davidson was made to order for MD. Davidson was willing to go up and down the floor with MD, because that is what they do best, except, MD did it better for 40 min., and usually does play its best basketball in an up-tempo game. The fact is MD was at its worse this season when they played a team that utilizes a methodical half-court offense. MD lost to Miami,Fla. twice, both games played in the high 120s-low 130s. They lost to VTECH 134 total pts. They lost to BC mid 130s. They lost to VA mid 130s. This total is set at 132. That will be the lowest total MD has played to this season. Unless the odds-makers are pulling a fast one, what is that saying? This game will be featuring the type of game that MD has performed poorly in all season. Butler has played 7 teams that are in this tourney and they are 7-0. Butler is easy to play against, and hard to play on, because they are not glamourous. They win ugly, and the public does not back ugly teams. Their defense is not good, it is extremely good. here is the place to find the proof. These 7 teams, some very good offensively (Gonzaga,ND,IND,TN,PURDUE,ODU,S.ILL) had a total of 67 assists in 7 games! yes, read that again 67 in 7 games, less than 10 a game. less than 50% of their hoops were assisted. Ok wait...that means they were being defended in a way they haven't been all year, or they were turning Butler over, and scoring in fastbreak fashion, or transition. WRONG! Butler doesn't turn the ball over, but their defense turns teams over. They did not have 1 of these 7 games with a negative TO margin, in fact they were +5 or more in 6 of them. They avg. +6. That means a slow game with a 6 possession advantage on avg. I think I at least showed why MD will not only not cover today, they will lose outright!

mofome

Banned

OK here you go Micelli:

Davidson was made to order for MD. Davidson was willing to go up and down the floor with MD, because that is what they do best, except, MD did it better for 40 min., and usually does play its best basketball in an up-tempo game. The fact is MD was at its worse this season when they played a team that utilizes a methodical half-court offense. MD lost to Miami,Fla. twice, both games played in the high 120s-low 130s. They lost to VTECH 134 total pts. They lost to BC mid 130s. They lost to VA mid 130s. This total is set at 132. That will be the lowest total MD has played to this season. Unless the odds-makers are pulling a fast one, what is that saying? This game will be featuring the type of game that MD has performed poorly in all season. Butler has played 7 teams that are in this tourney and they are 7-0. Butler is easy to play against, and hard to play on, because they are not glamourous. They win ugly, and the public does not back ugly teams. Their defense is not good, it is extremely good. here is the place to find the proof. These 7 teams, some very good offensively (Gonzaga,ND,IND,TN,PURDUE,ODU,S.ILL) had a total of 67 assists in 7 games! yes, read that again 67 in 7 games, less than 10 a game. less than 50% of their hoops were assisted. Ok wait...that means they were being defended in a way they haven't been all year, or they were turning Butler over, and scoring in fastbreak fashion, or transition. WRONG! Butler doesn't turn the ball over, but their defense turns teams over. They did not have 1 of these 7 games with a negative TO margin, in fact they were +5 or more in 6 of them. They avg. +6. That means a slow game with a 6 possession advantage on avg. I think I at least showed why MD will not only not cover today, they will lose outright!

i understand your points and ive seen every MD game this season, but they didnt lose a few of those games b/c of the style of play. you cannot simply reference a score as if that indicates the tempo at which the game was played at.
-duke played a slow game and the terps whooped'em twice.
-uva runs
-they beat winthrop in a game with only 131 total points
-butler lost to wright state, who was in the tourney.
-butler lost to s ill, who is in the tourney
-MD played in 7 games this year where the total was set under 140 and they covered each of those game.

should be a good one.

mofome

Banned

I suggest you play Maryland then mofome.

why? because of the facts i mentioned?

:+clueless

i just made a few corrections so people could get more accurate information. i dont read all that many threads, but i read this one and noticed a few things. thanks for the suggestion, i will keep it in mind.

:cheers

Ned

EOG Veteran

You just appeared to be a MD homer, so when they exit the tourney today you will understand I'm not just a beginner here.

Ned

EOG Veteran

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=wht-title bgColor=#16177c><TD colSpan=3>2nd Half</TD><TD noWrap>Spread</TD><TD noWrap>Money Line</TD><TD noWrap>Total Points</TD><TD>More </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> Sat 3/17</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>719</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>Butler</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> +6 -130 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>+210 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> OVER 69 -105 <TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> 12:20 PM</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>720</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>Maryland <TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> -6 +120 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>-236 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BUTLER +6 2nd half

BUTLER +210 2nd half

1st half ML +162 WINNER
1st Half BUTLER +3 WINNER

This is a 6 pack game gentleman, get yourself some!

Ned

EOG Veteran

<TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width="98%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=35></TD><TD width=180>Butler</TD><TD align=right width=85 bgColor=#666666> -115</TD><TD align=middle width=85 bgColor=#666666> </TD><TD align=right width=45 bgColor=#666666>+210</TD><TD align=right width=85 bgColor=#666666>32?</TD><TD width=85 bgColor=#666666> </TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=35>720</TD><TD width=180>Maryland</TD><TD align=right width=85 bgColor=#666666>-4? -105</TD><TD align=middle width=85 bgColor=#666666>69?</TD><TD align=right width=45 bgColor=#666666>-250</TD><TD width=85 bgColor=#666666> </TD><TD align=right width=85 bgColor=#666666>37</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

alternate

Bobby Bacala

EOG Senior Member

Thanks Ned.....good job on the first half. :houra
I will be laying off the second half bets though!
Got Butler at +6 for the game.

Ned

EOG Veteran

This may be my only game of the tourney, if I cash the 6pk, I'm good til bases

munson15

I want winners...

Congrats Ned!!:cheers I went a little on it w/ you. See you in April!:+textinb3

Ned

EOG Veteran

Thanks, hit 3 sides in this game, and 2 ML's, I played my game for the tourney, unless another no-brainer comes up to exploit. Good luck to everyone! I learned a longtime ago, if you play this day in day out, you'll always give it back, if your patient, and hit the biggies real hard, you make a killing! I'd rather play one extremely positive game 6 times, than 6 different games 6 times. Best of luck to all! Hope you got yourself some!

mofome

Banned

You just appeared to be a MD homer, so when they exit the tourney today you will understand I'm not just a beginner here.

you just spouted off a bunch of crap that was incorrect. im a volsman.

:cocktail :cocktail :cocktail

i dont care if you are a beginner or not and i never said the selection was one i did not agree with. just, in the future, try speaking in facts, makes your point seem more valid.

congrats on the ml doggie.
:cheers