Please Read this.. Was UCLAs Coach Howland guarding the inbounds pass? Check it.

Apple

Banned
Scroll down to the Indiana/UCLA game and click play. Then fast forward it to where there is 36.3 secs left (about at the 1:01 part of video)with Indiana inbounding the ball, look at the top right of the box and it looks like Howland is defending the inbound pass. He's about 2 feet away from the guy and had his right arm up in the guys face..

Looks like he affected the pass..

Check it out it's hilarious me and my buddies have been laughing for like 10 mins over this..

http://cbs.sportsline.com/video/player/videos

Culver

EOG Veteran
Re: Please Read this.. Was UCLAs Coach Howland guarding the inbounds pass? Check it

Re: Please Read this.. Was UCLAs Coach Howland guarding the inbounds pass? Check it

I haven't watched the video, but there is no question that the ref let the entire UCLA bench do everything they could to interfere with Lance Stemler while he was trying to inbound the ball. Why do I say that? Because the UCLA scrubs not only admit they and their coach were doing it, they even seem to be proud of it. This from the Sunday Orange County Register:

Inbound passer Lance Stemler had to deal with Luc Mbah a Moute in his face and a gaggle of vocal Bruins benchwarmers, who yelled and waved their hands and did everything but ring cowbells. One of those benchwarmers was Howland, with hands extended and voice booming.

"I was right there in their ear," Michael Roll said. "The Indiana guys said, 'shouldn't you have to scoot back?' I said, 'no way.' Coach was up there, too. He was the trap guy."

"In front of our bench - that's probably the worst place they could have inbounded it," Afflalo said.

The ref just stood there and pretended it was all OK.

Re: Please Read this.. Was UCLAs Coach Howland guarding the inbounds pass? Check it.

Did you know that this Ref's Best Friend's son attended UCLA? :rolleyes:

Culver

EOG Veteran

I can provide footage (with Andrew's help, of course) of a UCLA benchwarmer behind the grassy knoll.

janus

EOG Dedicated

I can provide footage (with Andrew's help, of course) of a UCLA benchwarmer behind the grassy knoll.

now that's funny, on many levels.... :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

Re: Please Read this.. Was UCLAs Coach Howland guarding the inbounds pass? Check it.

I was watching it when it happened and I couldn't believe it.

Part of the pseudo home court you get in the NCAA tournaments. More fans, more noise, more leeway on stuff like this. A good player though would say to the ref the bench is interfering and the ref would have a damn tough job explaining it away after the game if he didn't do something about it.