ITS SO EASY FOR A BOOKIE TO LET PLAYERS MANIPULATE LINES IF THEY ARE NOT TOP NOTCH.

rainbow

EOG Master
THAT'S A TREMENDOUS EDGE IF THE BOOKIE IS A SHORTSTOP FOR THE PLAYER, ITS SO EASY TO SEE IT IF YOU HAVE THE EXPERIENCE AND BEEN IN THE BUSINESS FOR SOMETIME. THEY KNOW FOR A FACT WHICH BOOKS THEY NEED TO BET ON THE SCREEN, BECAUSE THE REST WILL DRY MOVE, IT DOESN'T TAKE THAT MUCH MONEY TO BLACK OUT A SCREEN THESE DAYS, SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THE DRY MOVING, I CAN'T COUNT ON BOTH OF MY HANDS HOW MANY TIMES I'VE SEEN IT HAPPEN IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS, THATS WHERE THE EXPERIENCE COMES IN FOR BOOKING...

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Re: ITS SO EASY FOR A BOOKIE TO LET PLAYERS MANIPULATE LINES IF THEY ARE NOT TOP NOTCH.

So, what are you saying? Some clones are starting to move on action? It does show fiscal responsiblity to try to be a bookmaker. The other clones that don't know wtf is going on would be hit in the old days if their number acquired value but in today's climate anything over recreational money is dangerous. So, that's the catch 22 - you could move it if you wanted to but what good would it do you if you can't collect winning bets ?

Re: ITS SO EASY FOR A BOOKIE TO LET PLAYERS MANIPULATE LINES IF THEY ARE NOT TOP NOTCH.

Could someone dumb this down for the newbies? I'm confused :)

msftkid

EOG Addicted

Rainbow i have had this discussion numerous times especially as it relates to totals. Last weekend i saw several totals move 5 points and i had very little action on them so i would quote them right in the middle(total moves from 149 to 154 i would quote it 152) until money showed up.

rainbow

EOG Master

So, what are you saying? Some clones are starting to move on action? It does show fiscal responsiblity to try to be a bookmaker. The other clones that don't know wtf is going on would be hit in the old days if their number acquired value but in today's climate anything over recreational money is dangerous. So, that's the catch 22 - you could move it if you wanted to but what good would it do you if you can't collect winning bets ?
I'M TALKING ABOUT THE MONEY IS 100% GOOD, MY WHOLE POINT IS SO MANY BOOKIES FALL FOR THE TRAP AND DRY MOVE IT, IT BETTER BE SOMEBODY SMART FOR ME TO EVER GET OFF THE NUMBER...

msftkid

EOG Addicted

Rain I agree if ypu have unlimited MONEY and TIME. However that is not the norm everybodt isnt CRIS or the GREEK.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Agreed with that from your side of it Rainbow. Sooner or later moving on air is going to hurt clones if they do not know where the number should be. But, your tactic makes sense - take some action at a sensible number and then move. I am not even sure it is players manipulating the line but other books that have clout moving the line on air at their own site to try to get recreational players to chase steam and bet a bad number and changing the line back if too many wise guys try to hit the value side - players of whom they may not have a lot of any more. Then they could afford to try it. Players and books alike that do not know where the scientific # is are both vulnerable.

rainbow

EOG Master

Agreed with that from your side of it Rainbow. Sooner or later moving on air is going to hurt clones if they do not know where the number should be. But, your tactic makes sense - take some action at a sensible number and then move. I am not even sure it is players manipulating the line but other books that have clout moving the line on air at their own site to try to get recreational players to chase steam and bet a bad number and changing the line back if too many wise guys try to hit the value side - players of whom they may not have a lot of any more. Then they could afford to try it. Players and books alike that do not know where the scientific # is are both vulnerable.
100% AGREE...

turbo

EOG Member

" IT BETTER BE SOMEBODY SMART FOR ME TO EVER GET OFF THE NUMBER.".
If you take a big enough wager you may think it is a sucker betting you when in essence it is really the man himself. Knowing that, is where the real talent comes in, anyone can bet sky, jazz, and cris and watch the number run. Its when it doesnt move you you need to now watch. Thats my free advice to you "old time smart BM's". You are probably getting bearded and you dont know it.

rainbow

EOG Master

" IT BETTER BE SOMEBODY SMART FOR ME TO EVER GET OFF THE NUMBER.".
If you take a big enough wager you may think it is a sucker betting you when in essence it is really the man himself. Knowing that, is where the real talent comes in, anyone can bet sky, jazz, and cris and watch the number run. Its when it doesnt move you you need to now watch. Thats my free advice to you "old time smart BM's". You are probably getting bearded and you dont know it.
IF I DONT KNOW ALL HIS BEARDS I'M NOT DOING MY JOB, THATS MY ADVICE TO YOU...

I've never liked the idea of bookmakers moving on "air."

But as has been so astutely pointed out, there's an easy way to handle those guys...

detroitdennis

EOG Veteran

What about the books that open up late? LIKE GRANDE

I am so glad this arguement is coming to light, I have wondered about this for a long time.

RAINBOW- to move or not to move on "air." I understand what the Shrink is saying, mathematically if you you don't get action why move? so you don't get beat by sharps right? I see it both ways boys... please fill me in.

I don't mean to oversimplify it. I realize lines are rarely dead-on.

The main problem w/ me is lately, for the last month or so, I have beat the final line, yet I'm still losing overall (cbb). Too much public money?? What am I doing wrong??

detroitdennis

EOG Veteran

Lets face it, there alot of clone books out there. They follow the lines instead of booking THEIR SHOP!

betcris only move on money? ive heard this

detroitdennis

EOG Veteran

I remember years ago I was so hot in baseball... Wagering at BETCRIS, I would bet all day vs steam and win. FINALLY the head Linesmaker at BETCRIS JACK started giving me different lines and i called DONBEST and informed them that BETCRIS was not honoring the BEST LINES. DON BESTcalled BETCRIS and they immediately gave me the right lines lol..

rainbow

EOG Master

I am so glad this arguement is coming to light, I have wondered about this for a long time.

RAINBOW- to move or not to move on "air." I understand what the Shrink is saying, mathematically if you you don't get action why move? so you don't get beat by sharps right? I see it both ways boys... please fill me in.

I don't mean to oversimplify it. I realize lines are rarely dead-on.

The main problem w/ me is lately, for the last month or so, I have beat the final line, yet I'm still losing overall (cbb). Too much public money?? What am I doing wrong??
I`m not BRAGING, but I can GURANTEE you this much I can pick up on BW BEARDS as good as anybody LIVING, I`ve been in this BUSINESS for a very longtime, the man knows me backwards and frontwards and I know him the same and SPIRO and DELMAR LARRY knows that too, they both know that BW dont have NOTHING on me when it comes to FIGURING him out, that is a FACT, I recently start working again, in the last two WEEKS he has thrown me MORE CURVE BALLS THAN I EVER RECEIVED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE AND I STILL DIDN`T BITE, you can take my word or not, but I?m TELLING YOU THE HONEST THE GODS TRUTH HE HAS NOTHING ON ME WHEN IT COMES TO FIGURING HIM OUT, AND I KNOW FOR A FACT HE KNOWS IT TOO, I THINK I KNOW THIS BUSINESS AS GOOD AS ANYBODY LIVING WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO BOOKING WISEGUYS, I CAN 100% GURANTEE THAT I CAN SEPARATE A WISEGUY FROM A SQUARE, I DONT CARE IF THEY HAVE 25,000 CXUSTOMERS, IT WILL TAKE ME A MONTH A SO BUT I WILL HAVE THEM ALL PEGGED DOWN, SPIRO AND LARRY AND ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE KNOW FOR A FACT THAT I HAVE A PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORY, I`M 53 AND I STILL KNOW THIS BUSINESS AS GOOD AS ANYONE LIVING, I DONT CARE HOW HOT SOMEONE GETS PICKING WINNERS, I KNOW IN A LONG RUN I WILL GET THE CASH AS LONG AS HE`S NOT AN ORIGINAOR, I USE PEOPLE LIKE THE SHRINK TO EARN OFF OF BECAUSE I KNOW I HAVE NO SHOT TO BEAT THEM LONGTERM, IF YOU KNOW YOUR CUSTOMERS AND YOU HAVE THE VOLUME IT IS IMPOSIBLE TO LOSE BOOKING, IF YOU ARE GUESSING YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WINNING PERIOD, BOOKING CAN BE HARD IF YOU DONT KNOW YOUR CUSTOMERS COMPLETELY, SO MANY BOOKS HIRE LINE MOVERS TO JUST MOVE THE LINE JUST LIKE THEY HAVE ON THE DONBEST, THATS OK IF YOU ARE DEALING WITH SQUARES, BUT IF YOU ARE DEALING WITH WISEGUYS TOO, YOU BETTER KNOW THIS BUSINESS IF NOT YOU WILL BE IN THE POOR HOUSE REAL FAST, IF YOU CAN SEPARATE ALL THE WISEGUYS YOU WILL BE SURPRIZED, JUST THE OTHER DAY MY BOSS TOLD ME YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MOVE THE LINE OFF OF THIS GUY AND I TOLD HIM POINT BLANK HE`S SMART BUT ITS ALOT SMARTER TALENT ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE GAME, AND HE SAID TO ME DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO, I KNOW YOU WONT PUT ME IN A TRAP, ACTUALLY HE THOUGHT I WAS PUTTING HIM IN A TRAP BUT WHEN I SHOWED HIM WHO BET THE BACK SIDE HE UNDERSTOOD ME COMPLETELY, THATS WHY ITS SO IMPORTANT TO KNOW YOUR CUSTOMERS, IF YOU ARE MOVING LINES ON SOMEONE YOU DONT EVEN KNOW MY ADVICE IS YOU BETTER GET TO KNOW WHO HE IS BECAUSE I KNOW FOR A FACT IT MAKES IT SO MUCH EASIER ONCE YOU KNOW THEM, IF YOU PUT IN 100% EVERDAY YOU GO TO WORK YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT I`M TALKING ABOUT, YOU CAN TRAIN PEOPLE FOR THIS BUSINESS, BUT FROM MY EXPERIENCE YOU EITHER HAVE IT OR YOU DONT AND I THINK I HAVE IT 100%, I HOPE NO ONE TAKES ME THE WRONG WAY BECAUSE HONESTLY I REALLY DO KNOW THIS BUSINESS TO THE TEE, I WILL ARGUE WITH EVERY HUMAN BEING ON THIS SUBJECT THAT I KNOW THIS BUSINESS COMPLETELY...

msftkid

EOG Addicted

Rainbow you are working the major leagues of this business. I have the best method to handle "wise guys" in a small business: Sir thanks for your intrest but I am going to pass on your business!! It took me years to lose my EGO but I finally learned to say no.

timekeeper

EOG Member

you are a clown

you have to be one of the most retarded posters on these boards. seriously, do you have a 3rd grade education ?? grammar is not scrutinized on the internet, but that was the longest run on sentence i think i have ever seen. are you sure you aren't posting on these forums from truck stops along the interstate somewhere ?? every post of yours is you not wanting to brag, but telling us how you were the smartest unemployed line mover/clerk/janitor/porter/ in the history of the offshore business.

let me tell you something i learnt way back when from my pappy's pappy down in the bayou -- if someone has to tell you how fuc$king great they are, or how much they have, they probably aren't shit and don't have shit -- they are probably just an insecure broken down a$$hole that loves to hear themselves talk

................... and then there was silence!!!!!

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

timekeeper - very much a ghostly post! Come on - say what you have to say with your true handle. Be a human being.

rainbow

EOG Master

you are a clown

you have to be one of the most retarded posters on these boards. seriously, do you have a 3rd grade education ?? grammar is not scrutinized on the internet, but that was the longest run on sentence i think i have ever seen. are you sure you aren't posting on these forums from truck stops along the interstate somewhere ?? every post of yours is you not wanting to brag, but telling us how you were the smartest unemployed line mover/clerk/janitor/porter/ in the history of the offshore business.

let me tell you something i learnt way back when from my pappy's pappy down in the bayou -- if someone has to tell you how fuc$king great they are, or how much they have, they probably aren't shit and don't have shit -- they are probably just an insecure broken down a$$hole that loves to hear themselves talk
ITS YOUR CHOICE TO BELIEVE WHAT YOU WISH....

rainbow

EOG Master

you are a clown

ARE YOU NOREGION, OR WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS?

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Rainbow - it's ok - deep breath bruther! Timekeeper is just a ghost moron who enjoys getting in threads to see who he can make mad. He has nothing intelligent to say and his only motive is to say anything possible to make someone mad. The problem is he gets in the way of other people carrying on a conversation. It's sad because morons like this with multiple ghosts really have no life, no integrity, see a jerk when they look in the mirror and basically are too stupid and immature to carry on a normal conversation because it will soon become obvious they are idiots and do not know anything of importance.