Poster Feedback -- Reason Post Up Contests

dirty

EOG Master
Guys lets get some feedback on why we have so few entries in our Post up Contests...

Bucs is on the Verge of Cancelling his team of the week Contest for lack of Signups...

Hell I am having a $10k Contest for only $50 and we have 4 posters in it...

Every Contest we have can't be free Guys...I wish it could be, but it is just not a reality.

PLease give us some feedback as to why there is no INterest in them...

I am beginning to wonder if anyone that posts here really Gambles.

mofome

Banned
Re: Poster Feedback -- Reason Post Up Contests

you've touched on it with your last comment.

:cocktail

i will be in your betjam contest. that looks like one of the best ones ive seen.

I think the biggest reason is alot of people, myself included were spoiled with Neteller. Right now, I do not have funds posted up anywhere. I play with a variety of credit outs, as well as locals.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

I think the biggest reason is alot of people, myself included were spoiled with Neteller. Right now, I do not have funds posted up anywhere. I play with a variety of credit outs, as well as locals.

at least thats a logical answer....

however, for others, we have told them we have ways to fund with BetJam very easily, if they just contact us..

I think it is the money requirement. Every gambler KNOWS they are the best on the planet, but when it comes time to paying to SEE... well...

You do not know who you are up against and many are simply not that confident of their skills. Added is the obligation to keep up to date on the contest sport. As a "recreational" gambler, if a decent show is on TV, screw gambling for tonight. If a decent screwing is available, screw gambling too.

The whole Neteller thing is a big issue too. At present I have no money offshore (ok a few dollars in poker sites) and the only way I could fund anything is via credit card... I do not use credit cards to gamble... ever...

pvcpipe

EOG Master

I've played in a couple of post-ups here (5dimes baseball, pig college football), and have enjoyed them. But that was before the third-party processor mass shutdowns. Now it's a pain, so I use credit outs.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

I did actually purchase some pre-paid credit cards to see if I could post-up via that method, but it didn't work. Western Union seems like a huge hassle.

janus

EOG Dedicated

PLease give us some feedback as to why there is no INterest in them... I am beginning to wonder if anyone that posts here really Gambles.

i dont gamble.

Even though there are nice overlays with the prize pool in these contests, they are still difficult to win. I think smaller players out there could feel the $50 ends up being better risked on wagers that have a 50/50 chance to win instead of that 1 in 30 chance at a bigger prize. And if you win, your money will be tied up in the same book for a while when you try to meet the rollover - this can be unappealing to some players also.

pvcpipe<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_657465", true); </SCRIPT> ................AT WHICH BOOKS DID U TRY TO USE THEM? I THOUGHT THEY WORKED WELL:+clueless

mofome

Banned

Even though there are nice overlays with the prize pool in these contests, they are still difficult to win. I think smaller players out there could feel the $50 ends up being better risked on wagers that have a 50/50 chance to win instead of that 1 in 30 chance at a bigger prize. And if you win, your money will be tied up in the same book for a while when you try to meet the rollover - this can be unappealing to some players also.

you only have to rollover the bonus money, correct?

:+clueless

dirty

EOG Master

yes..that is correct... and at Bet Jam the Bonus added is cash so there is no rollover... Your Free Contests are really the only ones with rollovers usually...

I also have a couple of sites that will take your credit cards and are Virtually 100% successful at books... One even lets you fund with Paypal... Funding has never been easier if you use these Methods... Fee to use these are only a couple of Bucks...

Roc

EOG Enthusiast

My personal guidelines for contests- cash or free...
make it simple
Put rules in place and dont change them no matter- cover every situation

some rule guidelines I think are important
Your post dont make the 'deadline' - things happen-
maybe eog goes down for everybody but california -
death in family or other personal problem
your internet goes fooey
I would suggest a good rule is to give everyone a default pick- like any 'invalid' or lack of pick- player gets the favorite

Tiebreakers- many times are very off the wall- do away with them- if the contest is pick the most winners over 3 days - then so be it- if your in a 3 way tie- so be it- you win 1/3 of 1,2,3 prizes

Unfair advantage rules- dont say im protected cause others cant see my picks(except a priviledged few)...this leads to thoughts of collusion whether real or imagined.
Just leave the thread open for all to see- (and allow for changes(if someone japs you out))-

Roc

EOG Enthusiast

i meant jips( i dont see an edit button)

wiskers

EOG Dedicated

i planned on joining the betjam sixteen contest tomorrow. it is a hassle to get to a walgreens to get a prepaid visa card with the wife not finding out just to fund a contest. it used to be so convenient to just have funds taken from your checking account on the computer. let me know if there is going to be a contest, otherwise i won't waste an hour getting it funded. thanks for all the contests though

dirty

EOG Master

I have posted in the rules and several times to email me as I have some very user Friendly deposit options for players, but they have to stay off the forums

wiskers

EOG Dedicated

i just figured it was the same deposit options as on there site. will ship email

mofome

Banned

wiskers, email me and i will send you nude photos of lawrence for a one time fee of 19.95. with that, we will also send you the, 'lawrence goes wild' eog bash edition for FREE! thats right, NO CHARGE. how can you afford not to email me? limited time offer, act now!

wiskers

EOG Dedicated

funny stuff mofome. if you would throw in a free 500,000 star on tonites nit action with a 200% guarantee if you lose, your on. dirty i got your email

mofome

Banned

funny stuff mofome. if you would throw in a free 500,000 star on tonites nit action with a 200% guarantee if you lose, your on. dirty i got your email

:nono

im sorry. i am only willing to offer 491,845.89 stars.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

i suck at MLB so no chance i enter that

would love to enter other contests - but how do you suggest i fund them? i have more than enough money to do it via PayPal but that is NOT an option - so that can;t be done

any other ways to do it i am open to doing

i did The Pig Football one and LOVED it and coming in 2nd made me enough money after rolling it over to pay for most - if not ALL of my expenses for the 2008 Bahamas Blast so no need to convince me how worthwhile these contests can be - and are

would love to do the Sweet 16 one - but w/o PP being an option................

mofome

Banned

i suck at MLB so no chance i enter that

would love to enter other contests - but how do you suggest i fund them? i have more than enough money to do it via PayPal but that is NOT an option - so that can;t be done

any other ways to do it i am open to doing

i did The Pig Football one and LOVED it and coming in 2nd made me enough money after rolling it over to pay for most - if not ALL of my expenses for the 2008 Bahamas Blast so no need to convince me how worthwhile these contests can be - and are

would love to do the Sweet 16 one - but w/o PP being an option................

paypal a buddy 50 bucks and they transfer you 50 bucks in betjam?

:+clueless

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

If you pay to be in a contest there should not be any rollover.

If you have to deposit to play it can be hard if you busted out at a book and there is no neteller

dirty

EOG Master

We have payment options that are easier than Neteller... that is a tired excuse....

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

what 10k contest do you have that is for $50? am I in that one yet?

stump

EOG Veteran

i usually enter all the post up contests. regarding these 2... i just am not interested enough in either of them to go through all the trouble of transfering money or making deposits.