Kobe is solid :)

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
Re: Kobe is solid :)

hey, not trying to detract from him, but they will need more than that to go far in the playoffs

roach23

Banned

Solid until he busts his nut on the female he's raping. Then he's back to being limp.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

hell never be a top 5 great cuz will be known as too selfish of a player.

Well top 5 great is alot. And that always leads to an argument.

Hes the best player in the league now. And has been for a number of years.

Wilt, Jabaar, Magic, Bird, Jordan will always be my top 5.

If Kobe wins another title then I will have to find away for him to crack my top 5.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

I don't care for him that much because of his ego, but I have to admit that Kobe is the best player in the league.

I would take him over Lebron in a heartbeat

I do however, think that several players could put up those types of numbers if they also took that many shots........

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

I agree with this part of your statement..

No they can't. He has the best offensive game in the league. He can take that many shots because he can create the shots on his own. No one can create the shots he can. Whether it be on the perimeter or on the drive. His offensive game has no limits. He scores 60 points shotting over 50%. Plus he does all of that while not taking a second off playing defense.

Kobe is either loved or hated. There is no middle ground with him. When he scores 50 and they win....he shoots too much. He's selfish. When he scores 30 and they lose....he doesnt do enough.

Bottom line...whatever amazing feat Kobe does, people will find negative things to say.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

No they can't. He has the best offensive game in the league. He can take that many shots because he can create the shots on his own. No one can create the shots he can. Whether it be on the perimeter or on the drive. His offensive game has no limits. He scores 60 points shotting over 50%. Plus he does all of that while not taking a second off playing defense.

Kobe is either loved or hated. There is no middle ground with him. When he scores 50 and they win....he shoots too much. He's selfish. When he scores 30 and they lose....he doesnt do enough.

Bottom line...whatever amazing feat Kobe does, people will find negative things to say.

MC I agree with you that Kobe is the best player in the league, but I just don't care much for him because he is an egotistical jerk.

I still say some of the other guys can put up the same numbers with the same amount of shots. Just compare the percentages. Other guys shoot just as well or better, but don't chunk up that many shots.....

detroitdennis

EOG Veteran

Lets judge Kobe ON THE COURT. not off the court!! yes rape is a serious crime, but what does that have to do with is GAME????

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

No they can't. /quote]Last year kobe shot the ball 9 more times per game than Wade, and only averaged 7.5 points more per. I am not saying Wade is as good as Kobe yet at all, but if he shot the ball as much, I think his numbers would be around the same. Also, espn has this formula which measures a players "efficiency" and Wade is the most efficient player according to them. Not saying that is gospel, but its another gauge. Basically, there are a few players that could put up 60 if they shot as much as Kobe, but they know that is not the way to win...makes for a nice statline though

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Wade shoots just as much....but he goes to the line alot more so those shots arent counted as shots. Ive never seena guy who takes more shots than Wade. Everytime he has it he tries to drive and draw the foul.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

That's not what we were talking about. I was saying that if Wade shot as much as Kobe he could put up similar numbers...but for the record, I would take Wade. He's 4 years younger, gets to the hoop whenever he wants, and plays a good team game. Plus hes still got time to get the jumper better. Jordan didn't get his perfect till later.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Down 5 points with 1:12 minute left. You have a choice of Wade or Kobe....who are you taking?

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

i'm taking wade because 1. he will get to the line under whatever circumstances and usually make them; 2. because he will defer to someone else if 3 or 4 defenders collapse on him, and not force up a ridiculous superman attempt..

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

i'm taking wade because 1. he will get to the line under whatever circumstances and usually make them; 2. because he will defer to someone else if 3 or 4 defenders collapse on him, and not force up a ridiculous superman attempt..

So basically from this thread I can infer that you believe Wade is better than Kobe.

:LMAO

detroitdennis

EOG Veteran

WADE makes his teammates much better players ALA magic,bird and jordan. EVEN before shack, WADE made his teammates look better. Perfect example is that LAMARODOM played much better with WADE, then with KOBE.

detroitdennis

EOG Veteran

KOBE is still the closest thing to MICHAEL JORDAN.. In terms of all around talent , no could come even close to KOBE. BUT the jury is still out on him making players around him better.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

it did take Kobe until his 4th year playing with Shaq (in Shaq's prime) to win a ring, while Wade won it in his 2nd.

Good player but still doesn't know how to elevate his teammates and get them open shots. He's very good though, still not convinced he can ever win without someone like Shaq leaving him with one-on-ones.