I think OSU just went back to the ft line

dirty

EOG Master
Re: I think OSU just went back to the ft line

They were in the Bonus with 13 minutes left in the 2nd half, But if UT hits there FT's it all is moot

mofome

Banned

They were in the Bonus with 13 minutes left in the 2nd half, But if UT hits there FT's it all is moot

not really, i believe each team missed the same amount. one team just shot 15 more of them.

:LMAO

dirty

EOG Master

What does that matter if you hit the ones you have... Game is over...

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Well yeah - OSU went down in the paint over and over. TN shot 60% of their shots from 25+ feet. You don't get fouls that way.

Sean

mofome

Banned

What does that matter if you hit the ones you have... Game is over...

how silly. what does it matter? no reasonable person would suggest that having 15 more fts doesnt matter. good point.

:)

mofome

Banned

Well yeah - OSU went down in the paint over and over. TN shot 60% of their shots from 25+ feet. You don't get fouls that way.

Sean

tn shot 31 times from inside of 3 and OSU shot 29.

dirty

EOG Master

shooting 47% from the line does matter....

Did I think OSU got more calls...Most definitely....but that does not hide the Fact that if UT shoots even 50% from the line they win the game in Regulation ...that is something any Scholarship Athlete should be able to do....

mofome

Banned

no other team shot more than 26 fts tonight and that was ucla who was being fouled intentionally in the end.

:cocktail

mofome

Banned

shooting 47% from the line does matter....

Did I think OSU got more calls...Most definitely....but that does not hide the Fact that if UT shoots even 50% from the line they win the game in Regulation ...that is something any Scholarship Athlete should be able to do....

ah yeah i know, but they've been horrible all year from the line. 35 fts is a lot for a team that really had little inside presence.

dirty

EOG Master

Mo what does that have to do with UT shooting 47% from the line... They Blew a 20 point lead and didn't take advantage of the Opportunities they had at the Free throw Line... Last I checked UT didn't play UCLA, Pitt, Memphis, or anyone else...they played OSU and had these Miserable stats from the line

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="14" valign="middle"><td align="left">Free Throws</td><td align="center">8-17, 47%</td></tr></tbody></table>

17 Freethrows is not that bad.... but when you miss more than Half I guess you can cry and claim...at the natural Rate of Attrition if we shot 10 more we would have won the game, Cause we may have made 5 of them

mofome

Banned

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

there again you fail to see the point. its not that the vols should have been there more, its that osu should have been there much less.

u follow?

dirty

EOG Master

The point is they shot only 47% from the free throw line no matter what OSU did...

mofome

Banned

The point is they shot only 47% from the free throw line no matter what OSU did...

not really. suppose they were 0-2, thats 0%. ?

OSU shot 35 and there was no intentional fouling at the end.

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

dirty

EOG Master

MO your dealing in Hypotheticals... I am dealing in Fact.... I am sure a Bullfrog wouldn't bump his ass when he jumped either if he had wings....

of the 17 Freethrows they were awarded...Fact is...if they hit 2 more of them... a little over 50% they win this game... those are facts you can't deny...

The Devil

EOG Master

ARE YOU SAYING THE REFS BLEW THE GAME FOR TENN?????

MAYBE IF THE REFS DIDN'T CALL 4 FOULS ON ODEN HE WOULD HAVE PLAYED MORE..........

mofome

Banned

MO your dealing in Hypotheticals... I am dealing in Fact.... I am sure a Bullfrog wouldn't bump his ass when he jumped either if he had wings....

of the 17 Freethrows they were awarded...Fact is...if they hit 2 more of them... a little over 50% they win this game... those are facts you can't deny...

who said if? who is dealing with 'hypotheticals'? you said its b/c they shot 47%. certainly that didnt help, but its amazing to even be that close with such a large gap in fts vs the #1 team in the land.

fact is, osu shot 35 fts.

i love facts, deeds.

The Devil

EOG Master

WELL THE FOULS WERE 24-17......NOT A WILDLY ONE SIDED FOUL TOTAL.....AND I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER, BUT IF TENN MISSED THE FRONT ENDS OF SOME 1-1 AND OSU MADE THE FRONT ENDS THAT COUND ACCOUNT FOR SOME OF THE FOUL SHOTS........AND IF THE OTHER FOULS WERE ON MADE BASKETS OR NON SHOOTING.VS MISSED BASKETS.......THAT COULD ALSO ADD TO THE TOTAL......

mofome

Banned

WELL THE FOULS WERE 24-17......NOT A WILDLY ONE SIDED FOUL TOTAL.....AND I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER, BUT IF TENN MISSED THE FRONT ENDS OF SOME 1-1 AND OSU MADE THE FRONT ENDS THAT COUND ACCOUNT FOR SOME OF THE FOUL SHOTS........AND IF THE OTHER FOULS WERE ON MADE BASKETS OR NON SHOOTING.VS MISSED BASKETS.......THAT COULD ALSO ADD TO THE TOTAL......

wasnt one and ones. most one and ones could possibly account for is 3fts anyway. Most.

:nono

just OSU got a lot of ticky tack fouls. life goes on, but it was not easy to watch. for many reasons.

joelatti

wasnt one and ones. most one and ones could possibly account for is 3fts anyway. Most.

just OSU got a lot of ticky tack fouls. life goes on, but it was not easy to watch. for many reasons.

:whatever: :whatever: Hit a FT and win shoot under 50% and deserve to go home...EVERYTIME

mo - you blame every loss on officiating. you need to accept the fact that your team gave up a 17 point lead.......just take your medicine and move on, sir.

Teams that blow a 20 point lead to a Big Ten school don't need any slack in the rope, they hanged themselves.:hung

Johnny Detroit

EOG Senior Member

Nothing worse than a Tennessee fan. I am a big fan of RIVALS and the "ref" card is pulled by the VOLs boards 100x more than the rest combined. Bowl games, basketball, you name it.

Unless I am mistaken, weren't those SEC officials last night? I could be wrong but I thought I read on a RIVALS Tennessee board about the refs being traitors.

Some of the early calls on the Ohio State stars were pretty "coin flip", but they got called. That is basketball.

Being up 20 at 1/2 time and losing is not the refs, it is your team.

mofome

Banned

if i thought any of you was more intelligent than a blue piece of paper, i would take the time to reply. however....

why is your paper blue? Mine is white with rainbows on it..........

munson15

I want winners...

Mofome, I felt for you last night, tough loss.:doh1 I know it's small consolation, but I had them +5, bet more just before tip due to earlier losses and a touch of stupidity, and baled it in at halftime at +4.5 for the game. Laid 12-1 on that one, and needless to say, I'm thankful that your Vols had the fortitude to keep it within the # on all three plays.:cheers

mofome

Banned

Mofome, I felt for you last night, tough loss.:doh1 I know it's small consolation, but I had them +5, bet more just before tip due to earlier losses and a touch of stupidity, and baled it in at halftime at +4.5 for the game. Laid 12-1 on that one, and needless to say, I'm thankful that your Vols had the fortitude to keep it within the # on all three plays.:cheers

:+excited- :+excited- :+excited-

The Devil

EOG Master

if i thought any of you was more intelligent than a blue piece of paper, i would take the time to reply. however....

ISN'T IT TERRIBLE GOING THROUGH LIFE BEING SMARTER AND ENVIED BY EVEYONE MO??????

IF I EVER COME BACK IN A SECOND LIFE I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE YOU......

IF EOG EVER RUNS AN EOG IDOL CONTEST YOU WOULD BE AN OUT BET......

mofome

Banned

ISN'T IT TERRIBLE GOING THROUGH LIFE BEING SMARTER AND ENVIED BY EVEYONE MO??????

IF I EVER COME BACK IN A SECOND LIFE I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE YOU......

IF EOG EVER RUNS AN EOG IDOL CONTEST YOU WOULD BE AN OUT BET......

i was joking, but life is great being mofo. sometimes its frustrating explaining things to people that dont appreciate their new found knowledge, but thats all part of life.

btw, i heard your great great great great grandson got you a new caps lock for your 113th birthday. congrats, my friend.

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

:LMAOnow that's funny.

Bottom line, Tennessee choked.