gtown
usc
tn
osu
fla
indi
knst

some teams that come to mind.

wait till gtown brings these boys back and the two guards they have coming in next year. wright and freeman...they havent had play makers like these boys in many years. gtown will be a different team and a national power for many years to come.

:cocktail

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: Top NCAAB teams for 2008?

UCLA MUST be included on this list

wait till y'all see Kevin Love play for UCLA next season

i have seen him play and he is a MOOSE down low - if UCLA had him this season they WOULD win it all - END OF DUSCUSSION

a big guy with soft hands and GREAT passing ability

remember this name because next season you WILL know his name - TRUST ME on th is one

O.J. Mayo may get all the "pub" here in So Cal but Love is the BETTER player and will help UCLA a LOT more than USC come post-season time and Love will probably stcik around for more than "1 and done" and there is NO WAY Mayo will play college ball in 2008-09 and my guess is as soon as basketball season is over Mayo's stay @ USC will be, too

mofome

Banned

well, mayo and love are from much different areas and are much differernt players. i know love isnt gonna be one and done b/c no white guys ever are.

:nono

cubswoo

EOG Enthusiast

I think Kansas, Florida, UCLA, Georgetown and North Carolina are going to lose a lot of players to the NBA
Look out for Memphis, Indiana, Michigan State, Tennessee, USC, Arizona, SIU, Syracuse, Butler

mofome

Banned

I think Kansas, Florida, UCLA, Georgetown and North Carolina are going to lose a lot of players to the NBA
Look out for Memphis, Indiana, Michigan State, Tennessee, USC, Arizona, SIU, Syracuse, Butler

-who is leaving kansas?
-hibbert and green leaving the hoyas?
-Fla will lose a lot but they have a great class coming in and the SEC isnt that tough.
-who will UNC lose?

-who is leaving kansas?
-hibbert and green leaving the hoyas?
-Fla will lose a lot but they have a great class coming in and the SEC isnt that tough.
-who will UNC lose?

UNC might have 3 guys go in the top 15. Coach Roy keeps getting premium players, but they leave before they get enough experience to put it all together. This year's squad could be more talented than the championship team a few years ago, but they need to stay together at least another year. Who knows how good Wright could be but he is probably heading to the NBA now. I don't even know if you can trust Lawson to stay around if some agent gets it into his head he is a top 10 pick. This really feels like 2005 when everyone said lets stay together, I want to come back, but then one after another bolted. Only hope is Brandan decides to stick around thinking this year is a rare draft with the three big guys at the top, meaning he could go #1 next year.

I highly doubt Hibbert and Green are staying. Green seem's a sure lottery pick and Hibbert's development path is probably stronger in the pros anyways.

mofome

Banned

UNC might have 3 guys go in the top 15. Coach Roy keeps getting premium players, but they leave before they get enough experience to put it all together. This year's squad could be more talented than the championship team a few years ago, but they need to stay together at least another year. Who knows how good Wright could be but he is probably heading to the NBA now. I don't even know if you can trust Lawson to stay around if some agent gets it into his head he is a top 10 pick. This really feels like 2005 when everyone said lets stay together, I want to come back, but then one after another bolted. Only hope is Brandan decides to stick around thinking this year is a rare draft with the three big guys at the top, meaning he could go #1 next year.

I highly doubt Hibbert and Green are staying. Green seem's a sure lottery pick and Hibbert's development path is probably stronger in the pros anyways.

that surprises me. i did not think wright or lawson would leave yet. both are still pretty raw. lawson is the fastest player in the game, but he has to work on his handle and shot. i would love the wizards to get a fast, pass first pg like that and move arenas to the two. arenas cant bring the ball up, disaster.
tyler will be a 9th or 10th man for someone, i dont see his game translating into the league. i like wright a lot, but i figured he would be back for one more.

hibbert is awfully slow, but ive heard his stock is really improving. if they each leave, it would surprise me. I am not sure where green fits in...maybe a josh howard type?

i think wright, green, and lawson will be good players in the league. if hibbert leaves, i dont imagine hearing his name ever again.

Hibbert is over 7 feet, plenty of teams will find reasons to play him. Not that he will be an impact player. However college teams are not good places for big players to develop since they so rarely play against equals. Besides the guy is a junior, he isn't a freshman who still needs time.

mofome

Banned

Hibbert is over 7 feet, plenty of teams will find reasons to play him. Not that he will be an impact player. However college teams are not good places for big players to develop since they so rarely play against equals. Besides the guy is a junior, he isn't a freshman who still needs time.

he may be a jr, but hes played less basketball than most guys. he has a lot of room to develope, imo. teams will find reason to play him at first, but hes too slow and unathletic, imo, to be a factor. we'll see, but i think he returns.

dirty

EOG Master

I don't think you can count out Georgia Tech either...Hewitt has had top 5 Recruiting classes the last 5 seasons, and he is Finally Keeping them in School. Past players didn't like his Discipline and style and left... They started 4 Freshman and a Sophmore most of the season and 9 8 of the top 10 players were Fresh or Sophmores... They have 3-4 Legitimate First round Picks in the NBA Draft when these guys get older... This team is Sizing up like the one that made the run to the Final 4 a couple of years ago and lost 4 starters to the NBA Draft

mofome

Banned

I don't think you can count out Georgia Tech either...Hewitt has had top 5 Recruiting classes the last 5 seasons, and he is Finally Keeping them in School. Past players didn't like his Discipline and style and left... They started 4 Freshman and a Sophmore most of the season and 9 8 of the top 10 players were Fresh or Sophmores... They have 3-4 Legitimate First round Picks in the NBA Draft when these guys get older... This team is Sizing up like the one that made the run to the Final 4 a couple of years ago and lost 4 starters to the NBA Draft

i was thinking of them as a team 2 years away. they will have load of talent, but if the guys stay, i think miller will be a pg who can bring the team together as a national power in 2009. well, thats how i see it anyway.

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

good to see the hoosiers getting some early respect.......

Hopefully Gordon is as good as advertised:smokesmal

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

I'm just glad the time is finally here in which all of the Florida high school basketball studs are sticking in-state now like the football players instead of leaving for Carolina & so many other schools like they have in the past.....

mofome

Banned

I'm just glad the time is finally here in which all of the Florida high school basketball studs are sticking in-state now like the football players instead of leaving for Carolina & so many other schools like they have in the past.....

brewer, powell, and humphrey are all from the volunteer state.

:doh1

Hache Man

brewer, powell, and humphrey are all from the volunteer state.

:doh1

Yesssss........ But you know that I'm saying

Man you've been tought last couple of days! :finger004 lol

mofome

Banned

Yesssss........ But you know that I'm saying

Man you've been tought last couple of days! :finger004 lol

i believe you are misinterpreting what im saying. thats an indictment on the poor state of tn recruiting over the last few years. florida will recruit nationally in both major sports as long as these coaches are there. not a knock on you or the gayterds.

Hache Man

i believe you are misinterpreting what im saying. thats an indictment on the poor state of tn recruiting over the last few years. florida will recruit nationally in both major sports as long as these coaches are there. not a knock on you or the gayterds.

Ahhhh....... But Florida & Tennessee are SEC Brothers, and the Volunteers should still be in this thing too!

Point is it looks like your Vols are on their way up as well.......

mofome

Banned

Ahhhh....... But Florida & Tennessee are SEC Brothers, and the Volunteers should still be in this thing too!

Point is it looks like your Vols are on their way up as well.......

yes, the vols will be in great shape as long as pearl is there. if ky was smart, they would take him, but they wont. they (tn) have everyone coming back and a couple good players coming in. the following year looks good as well...but it all depends on what pearl does. easier for fla to keep its status than it is for the vols. you been to the swamp before, hache?

Hache Man

you been to the swamp before, hache?

Do I really have need answer that? lol

Many of my friends and 2 family members have gone to UF.

I have a female family member who is a Senior at UF right now.
She works in the radio station and majoring in telecommunications.

She's already interned at many radio & television stations, host for a radio show, sports anchor at a central florida radion station, and worked for several professional sporting events.

One of the latest is something General would appreciate.

She attended a couple of ESPN Busch Series (NASCAR) luncheons where she met & interviewed all of the drivers.

She told me night before last that she may have NCAA Final tickets if I am interested. (She hooks me up with Florida tickets year-round)

Even though I probably won't go, as I don't with most tickets she gives me, I'll make someone happy with them.

I'm hoping she makes it big, which would make it great not only for myself, but could benefit us here at eog someday, somehow, sportswise...... :)

mofome

Banned

perhaps i should have read the hacheman profile.

im gonna have to get there for a vols game at some point. you will need to be there as well.

:houra :houra :houra

Hache Man

Sounds good man

Really hope to see you somewhere, especially at the next eog bash....

mofome

Banned

Sounds good man

Really hope to see you somewhere, especially at the next eog bash....

as long as you and law dont team up on me for an eog ass beating, i shall be there. hopefully fatass pastor will be there as well so i can put that 500 bucks on the skins to beat whomever they will be playing championship weekend.

:cheers

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast

Some great stuff here, Indiana should be really good, Syracuse has an incredible class.

A sleeper could be Mississippi State. Thats a very young and decent team.

mofome

Banned

Some great stuff here, Indiana should be really good, Syracuse has an incredible class.

A sleeper could be Mississippi State. Thats a very young and decent team.

Cuse shall be loaded. green, one and done.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

good to see the hoosiers getting some early respect.......

Hopefully Gordon is as good as advertised:smokesmal

Yup, nice to see us looking up at a new year, and not "wondering" what will come.....

Hopefully the youngins fit in quick with the nucleus we have returning, and it might be time for a big 10 championship banner to return to Assembly Hall..