Most time you've ever spent capping a single game?

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Re: Most time you've ever spent capping a single game?

Back when I was a square like you MO, I used to try and spend hours on games. No more. You keep working on it. :p

time it takes for the coin to hit the ground:houra

3 minutes 27 seconds...back when I was on dial up.

:finger004

I want to say that I spent 8 hours once years ago. Not capping one game but narrowing down which one game from an NFL Sunday card of games that I wanted to take. I already knew that I wanted to bet an "under" because that was my thing at the time. But which game would I unload it all on that would go under - that was the question. I spent a few hours Friday night, a few hours Saturday, and then a few hours Sunday morning. Got it narrowed down and thankfully chose a winner - the game went under by a point.

Since then I have picked just as many winners with just seconds of instinct compared to lots of time mulling over games. Have learned that putting lots of time into it usually does not mean much in the end.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

recently a few seconds. when you are hot it takes a few seconds. when you begin to lose you start to over analyze and spend too much time.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

Ky Derby I spend in the 24-48 hours on it adding up time spent all spring reading and watching and handicapping

the time it took to scoop the litter box, the ny giants +3.5 beat dallas . There was this little shit that resembled eli manning. Of course the whole box looked how he plays, like shit. But it was a winning side and worth the time.

About two months. That would be the time between the Big 12 Championship game in which Texas beat Colorado 70-0, and the Rose Bowl, where they beat USC 41-38 for the National Championship on Jan. 4, 2006.

I started out with a +7 Texas pick. And then I got to thinking about the moneyline and the total.

I ended up making several more plays over that two month period, but didn't make my final plays until the day of the game. Here were all those plays (which I can remember):

Texas +7
Texas +6'
Texas +6
Over 69
Texas +6 & Over 69 (parlay)
Texas +360
Texas +360 & Over 69 (parlay)
Texas to win by 1-4 pts. (prop)

I obviously won all those, so I regularly pat myself on the back telling myself how smart I am.

Problem: I confess that I didn't really have all that confidence without some help. I dreamed Texas won 42-38.

My best overall game ever. My predicted score is still googlable (is that a word?) on rgs.