NITuesday

Air Force -1
This is a simple play for me. I am almost always on the right side of AF games as i live about 5 minutes from the academy. This is a MAJOR game for the flyboys and a chance to represent the Academy, in MSG. I also have this strange feeling that the crowd is going to be on thier side here as well.
Lets look at what AF has done out of conference this year shall we, because this is an out of conference game, on a (N) court. They beat the 1st Tourney Team they saw on a (N) court in Long Beach St. The next NCAA Tourney team they played was @ Stanford, and they won by just 34. I realize Stanford isn't a tourney team in most our eyes and they were w/out 1 half of the twin towers but that is impressive regardless. They played DUKE better than the score would indicate, but lost due to an off shooting night by thier standards. They then beat another NCAA Tourney Team, Texas Tech by 14 on a (N) court. Throw in a GW ass beating as well and 30 point drubbing of Santa Clara and you can see a theme developing here...THEY TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS OUT OF CONFERENCE.
The reason they do so well out of conference is because thier style of play is dificult to adjust to and they shoot the ball very well. They are well coached, shoot thier ft's and play solid fundimental defence. There is no subsitute for being able to play AF the second time around, Clemson does not have this luxury. Throw in the Depaul win, the ass whooping of GA and the Wake Forest beating and it further cements their dominance of out of conference opponants.
Clemson is nice and i am not overlooking them entirely, but i damn sure dont trust this team, paticularly away from home. They are super athletic, create To's, and can hit the 3 ball. But they are not going to overwhelm AF here in any of these categories.

Bottom line, AF is EXACTLY the type of matchup that spells trouble for Clemson. This is a senior lead team on a mission. AF's proven dominance over out of Conf. teams and Clemson's propencity to get rattled and play individual ball when they face adversity OTR should spell trouble. After capping this one, i am confident AF is the correct side to be on...

and to add, I shoot better ft's than Clemson.

Still working in the miss st/wvu game...that one is a tuffy

Re: NITuesday

the way the money is coming in....we should get an extra point outta this is we watch the line....+2 maybe?

<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000066 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #000066 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #000066 1px solid; WIDTH: 640px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #000066 1px solid" cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR bgColor=#e2e2e2><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: gray 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: gray 1px solid; FONT-SIZE: 7pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; BORDER-LEFT: gray 1px solid; LINE-HEIGHT: 12pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 1px solid; TEXT-ALIGN: left" width="25%">611 Clemson
612 Air Force</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: gray 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: gray 1px solid; FONT-SIZE: 7pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; BORDER-LEFT: gray 1px solid; LINE-HEIGHT: 12pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 1px solid; TEXT-ALIGN: right">7914</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: gray 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: gray 1px solid; FONT-SIZE: 7pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; BORDER-LEFT: gray 1px solid; LINE-HEIGHT: 12pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 1px solid; TEXT-ALIGN: center"> </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: gray 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: gray 1px solid; FONT-SIZE: 7pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; BORDER-LEFT: gray 1px solid; LINE-HEIGHT: 12pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 1px solid; TEXT-ALIGN: right" width="7%" bgColor=#faf39e>1
-1</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: gray 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: gray 1px solid; FONT-SIZE: 7pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; BORDER-LEFT: gray 1px solid; LINE-HEIGHT: 12pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 1px solid; TEXT-ALIGN: right" width="7%" bgColor=#faf39e>-1
1</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: gray 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: gray 1px solid; FONT-SIZE: 7pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; BORDER-LEFT: gray 1px solid; LINE-HEIGHT: 12pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 1px solid; TEXT-ALIGN: center"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Love the play even more now Micelli

Glad you agree too Winky:cheers Starting to get a warm fuzzy feeling about this game...

Ok going with Miss St -1

I couldnt really decide on this one, I like WVu experience in the Garden and think they have a better coach, but Reb, Micelli, Jt are on St. so i'm not gonna bump heads when i am this torn and you guys all like St...i'll win or go down with you guys...

so

AF and Miss St it is...2-0

munson15

I want winners...

I love it when Micelli gets the graphs out, it reminds me of Ross Perot! :+textinb3Good stuff there, Shady, I'll wait for the extra point maybe, but AF sounds good. GL!:cheers

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks, 105! I'll take that advice and wait a bit!:cheers

Nice to see you back on the boards here, BTW!

taconite

EOG Addicted

If you like AF you waited too long now - 1/1` will be 2 by gm time IMO. Van, respect your thoughts on CBB, but disagree here. AF OTR is not as impressive as Clemson, who beat FSU, SCar, VT & NCS. The one "bad" loss Wake. AF beat 1 tm in that class S Clara. Of course this is all subjective and like minds CAN disagree. The deliberate style of the AF is difficult especially @ home. I believe Clemson is far more athletic and for the Cadets to keep up@ MSG they`ll try to run w/them. Mistake! There is no comparing the 2 conf. ACC vs MW, ACC much tougher. BOL Pal in whatever you do. Tigers not a big $$ for me. I do also like MSU. Also "over" in that one.

If you like AF you waited too long now - 1/1` will be 2 by gm time IMO. Van, respect your thoughts on CBB, but disagree here. AF OTR is not as impressive as Clemson, who beat FSU, SCar, VT & NCS. The one "bad" loss Wake. AF beat 1 tm in that class S Clara. Of course this is all subjective and like minds CAN disagree. The deliberate style of the AF is difficult especially @ home. I believe Clemson is far more athletic and for the Cadets to keep up@ MSG they`ll try to run w/them. Mistake! There is no comparing the 2 conf. ACC vs MW, ACC much tougher. BOL Pal in whatever you do. Tigers not a big $$ for me. I do also like MSU. Also "over" in that one.

Appreciate your thoughts Tac, I like hearing opposing sides to games...Your referring to AF sucking OTR is due to thier conf. road losses, playing a team for the 2nd time around (whom they beat the first time). I am putting more weight in what AF has done on a (N) court against OUT OF CONFERENCE opponants, because that is what this game is. Clemson does not get the luxury that Sd. St. or UNLV had playing them a 2nd time around at home.

As far as AF only beating 1 team in the class of the Clemson OTR wins, i completely disagree. The only tourney team in those wins you rattled off was VT. And they should have lost in the 1st rd and DID lose to a mid major, badly in the 2nd...AF beat 3 ncaa tourney teams away from home and several other quality opponants they hammered away from home. I will agree the Clemson is more athletic, and the MWC is no ACC. But i think the ACC was overrated this year. I mean Clemson lost to WF, who AF beat by almost 40:+clueless ... If you think Clemson will win on athletic ability alone, it won't happen...if i am wrong it certaintly won't be the 1st time. But i know the MWC conference well, AF is capable of not only a win here, but a BIG win...Clemson if they do win, it will be a close game, no way they can blowout AF, but AF can blow them out...good luck

JeffR

EOG Senior Member

I don't understand all this enthusiasm for the Flyboys. They haven't been very impressive away from home, and have lost lately to the likes of TCU and Wyoming. I took Clemson on the moneyline, +100. Tigers are currently +105.

I don't understand all this enthusiasm for the Flyboys. They haven't been very impressive away from home, and have lost lately to the likes of TCU and Wyoming. I took Clemson on the moneyline, +100. Tigers are currently +105.

Jeff i had Wyoming +8 in that loss, and told people not to be suprised if Wyo won outright...they did...

I know when to play on the Flyboys and when to fade them...This is not a spot to fade. I mean it wasn't like Clemson lit it up otr to end the season. They lose to FSu(N), @BC,@WF and Va Tech might have played the worst game of their season the game Clemson won by a point...

The thing is i know what i am getting with AF tonight, with Clemson and much of the ACC teams you can just never know who is gonna show up, these ACC teams have split personnality disorders...

i got it at -1.5 this morning Tool, but if it makes ya feel better i just threw another fitty on it at -2, so that should tell ya what i think....

<TABLE class=tableinfo cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="90%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=tableright><TD align=middle>Ticket #3502580
Mar-27 5:05:00 PM</TD><TD>INTERNET/-1</TD><TD>Mar-27 10:55:51 AM</TD><TD>
NBA</TD><TD>STRAIGHT BET
[3606] 1Q MINNESOTA -2-110</TD><TD>55/50</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

No Ray Ray, KG with fresh revenge on his mind, i got 25-19 minn...

msftkid

EOG Addicted

Shady its your novice crack-cocain addict!!! I need those NBA qtr plays to strop my withdrawels HELP HELP!!

Thanks Guys! Sorry it took a couple days, just didnt see any that i liked...wanted to make sure the next play was a winner...

WV just hit a dagger though! Lets bring in AF for a nice
2-1 night...

wow, can't believe miss blew that game.....still got the push though with +1.

damn u got the absolute best of that line... i got the loss...It is the little plays at the end of games that decide 80% of the covers. A missed ft, not securing a rebound, fuck they could skip the first 38 minutes of most these games IMO and just play 2 minutes to decide a winner...:+clueless

tool21

EOG Dedicated

i thought i did...i might be thinkin bout the AF game idk. That's what drinking beer will do to u. Let me check and i'll get back atcha

tool21

EOG Dedicated

yea, i def. had them at -1. Shit has been crazy the past few days i can't wait till i start winning again. 80% of my fucking teams are winning in the 4th and they end up blowing the cover as dogs, rediculous. My mistake on the MIss +1, didn't have it. BUT i DO have AF +1

Shady, I dont know about you, but I am getting a little nervous about AF....defense is there....but offense? Need some mojo:+whipping

i think i am actually becoming immune to the never ending bad beats...I didnt even get pissed about Miss St. till just now...bout an hour after is ended...

that is not good...

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Yout just gotta think that for every bad beat you get, there is going to be a game that you shouldn't win that you do. If a team is in a situation where they SHOULD cover 75% of the time, it's only a matter of time before you get yours. I'm sure you allready know this though shady. Just a matter of time.

Bobby Bacala

EOG Senior Member

i think i am actually becoming immune to the never ending bad beats...I didnt even get pissed about Miss St. till just now...bout an hour after is ended...

that is not good...

bad beats stay with me for about 5 seconds now........kids really mellowed me out. I used to bust half the house up......one of the worst ones was when the Giants lost to the 49ers are few years ago, the Trey Junkin bad snap.:doh1