AFTER LAST NIGHT'S WORST BEAT EVER, I AM GIVING UP SPORTS BETTING!!!

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Re: AFTER LAST NIGHT'S WORST BEAT EVER, I AM GIVING UP SPORTS BETTING!!!

I like situations such as this when fans are heading out the door and some already in the car and

:+eyes-8+​

:+firework​

:fireworks:​

:doh2​

I just love all the SUPPORT you guys are showing...

:biteme: :biteme: :biteme:

biggamer3

EOG Master

You quitting gambling is like Britney Spears hosting the Sobriety Awards!

Blondie

EOG Master

Awww you poor thing. Is there anything we can do to make it better?

cubswoo

EOG Enthusiast

rasheed hit a 3/4 court shot at the buzzer to tie the score @ 98 and into OT

I missed sportscenter so I didn't know.
That is a bad way to lose. I have lost unders by dumb ass technical fouls with no time on the clock but never that way.

That one really sucks, Shrink. Don't worry - you will get it back Saturday with the Final Four games! We are ready for one of The Shrink's Locks of the Millenium coming on Saturday!

soli

EOG Dedicated

Damn...i had the over in that game....lol

You quitting gambling is like Britney Spears hosting the Sobriety Awards!

I would say Britney Spears has a better chance of shaving her head than Shrink does of quitting sports betting, but...

mofome

Banned

it was a good run, ken. bol in life from here on out.

:cocktail

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Not only did he bank in a shot from past mid court but his team had to steal the inbounds pass with 1.5 seconds to go.

Yes, I had it as well and it surpasses my previous all time bad beat when the coach's kid - Drew made the miracalous shot for Valparaiso in the big Dance.

One thing though - it still is only one loss in the sea of sportsbetting.

roseman

EOG Dedicated

That is a bad beat. Worse to actually be watching it happen, online or on the tv..

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

i remember i was watching with my brother

BOSTON CELTICS AT NEW JERSEY NETS!!

NEW jersey had the ball with about 3 seconds they were winning by 2 pts!!

it was at half court Williams inbonuded the ball and Boston player knocked it lose!

and i remember the guy Comentator!

KNOCKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

AND ITS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and it was not a bank shot it was a perfect shot from half court!!

i could not believe that also!

Marbury put his hands on his head and was just shocked to see what just happened!!

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There have been lots of sick beats the last 2 weeks.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Syracuse-Clemson, NIT a week ago.. Cuse getting 3.5... Down 5 with 6 seconds left hoping for a backdoor.. Devendorf drives and flips up a miracle that goes in and I am jumping up and down.. they then foul with .1 seconds left and lose by 4....

Xavier-BYU, NCAA tourney... Xavier giving 2.5.. Up 4... BYU comes down loses ball on ground in a scrum under the basket.. ball pops out to a BYU guy who hits a layup at the buzzer to lose by 2... of course no time left to foul again...

You apparently didn't have Toronto in this game earlier this month. They were favored by 8 and led by 25 with 6 minutes to go. The Grizz went on an 18-0 run to end the game.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr align="center"><td>

</td> <td width="370"> <table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="ysptblbdr2"> <table class="ysptblclbg3" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr class="ysptblbdr2"><td colspan="15" height="1">
</td></tr> <tr align="center" bgcolor="#dedec6"> <td rowspan="5" class="ysptblbdr2" width="1">
</td> <td height="18" width="10"> </td> <td> </td> <td rowspan="5" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td class="yspscores" width="25">1</td> <td rowspan="5" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td class="yspscores" width="25">2</td> <td rowspan="5" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td class="yspscores" width="25">3</td> <td rowspan="5" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td class="yspscores" width="25">4</td> <td rowspan="5" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td class="yspscores" align="right" width="35">Total</td> <td class="yspscores" width="65">
</td> <td rowspan="5" class="ysptblbdr2" width="1">
</td> </tr> <tr class="yspwhitebg"><td colspan="13" height="1">
</td></tr> <tr class="ysptblclbg5" align="center"> <td height="23" width="10">
</td> <td class="yspscores" align="left"> Memphis </td> <td class="yspscores">20</td> <td class="yspscores">18</td> <td class="yspscores">21</td> <td class="yspscores">28</td> <td class="ysptblclbg6" align="right"> 87 </td> <td class="ysptblclbg6" align="right">Final </td> </tr> <tr class="yspwhitebg"> <td colspan="2">
</td> <td colspan="8" height="1">
</td> <td colspan="2" class="ysptblclbg6">
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysptblclbg5" align="center"> <td height="23" width="10"> </td> <td class="yspscores" align="left"> Toronto </td> <td class="yspscores">25</td> <td class="yspscores">24</td> <td class="yspscores">26</td> <td class="yspscores">19</td> <td class="ysptblclbg6" align="right"> 94 </td> <td class="ysptblclbg6" align="right"> </td> </tr> <tr class="ysptblbdr2"> <td colspan="15" height="1">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td>

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited:

i remember i was watching with my brother

BOSTON CELTICS AT NEW JERSEY NETS!!

NEW jersey had the ball with about 3 seconds they were winning by 2 pts!!

it was at half court Williams inbonuded the ball and Boston player knocked it lose!

and i remember the guy Comentator!

KNOCKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

AND ITS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and it was not a bank shot it was a perfect shot from half court!!

i could not believe that also!

Marbury put his hands on his head and was just shocked to see what just happened!!

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember it well. Had the Celts on the ML ;)

Celtics beat Nets at buzzer

Last Updated: Thursday, December 28, 2000 | 11:58 PM ET

Milt Palacio hit a three-pointer at the buzzer while falling down to give the Boston Celtics an unbelievable 112-111 victory over New Jersey on Thursday night in a game the hapless Nets gave away. Palacio's only basket of the game came after the Nets botched an inbounds pass at halfcourt with 1.8 seconds left.
New Jersey's Lucious Harris had trouble finding an open teammate and he threw the ball toward Aaron Williams near the midcourt jump ball area.
The ball tipped off Williams' hands, Palacio grabbed it while heading toward the basket and then launched an off-balance shot from about 30 feet away.
It hit nothing but net, sending the Celtics into a championship-style celebration and sending the shocked Nets to their sixth straight loss.
Stephon Marbury stood with his hands on his head on the court and New Jersey rookie coach Byron Scott bent over and put in hands on his knees.
Until the improbable ending, the Nets and Marbury had done everything right in hopes of ending their losing streak.

Or for the hat trick, you could have had Winona on the ML in Springfield, MA (Div II title) last weekend.

Brock

EOG Dedicated

I had Detroit -5.5. Thought I had a chance. Shrink if you give
up gambling what the hell are you going to do with all the extra
cash.

I had denver ML if it makes you feel any better..

nhlfan

EOG Member

Man, that's a bad beat. But what would really determine how bad a beat that was would be how much you bet on the game. If you bet $10, then maybe it's not so bad. If you bet $10,000 then...

BSims

EOG Addicted

Couple of years ago I had Bill Elliott to win at Homestead at 30-1. He had a half lap lead as he got the white flag. He had a flat tire on the back stretch and still almost won limping to finish line. ALMOST is the key word.

BSims

EOG Addicted

Not a bad beat, but here is a story from a few years back when I was scalping obscure soccer lines. This story might open a can of worms about ethics, Both on my part and the books.

Found a bad line at one of the more prominent books, wrong dog. I sent them an Email saying I thought they had a bad line. Twenty four hours pass and I don;t hear anything. Sent another Email. Again twenty four hours pass with no response and no line change.

So I bet the line and put more on the real favorite to insure a nice profit. Game starts and bad line is still there. Unfortunately the dog won, hence hitting the bad line.

Next morning, I check out the site. Now the line has been changed (after the match) to the correct line, and I'm out $1500.

Really pissed, sure. I call them got customer service but no satisfaction. Asked for and spoke to a "supervisor" and got nowhere. I figured, the staff had really screwed up by ignoring my messages and really wanted this to go away. I considered calling back later and asking for one of the owners (I had talked with them in earlier days).

In the end, I decided they were definitely wrong, but so was I. Also had the urge to cash out and write them off forever. But I didn't, just chalked it up as an expensive lesson. There aren't any free lunches.

I still use the book today and think they are amoung the very best.