Not one peep from the Right .....wonder why that is??

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Today's New Home Sales report was much lower than predicted. February's annualized New Home Sales rate was only 848,000/year. This is a decline of -18.3% since February 2006. This is a -38% decline from the peak in July 2005. February's numbers were also 15% lower than the 1 million rate predicted by the market experts (propagandists). February's New Home Sales marks a 10% 1-month decline from the originally published January sales of 937,000.

The previous 3 months' numbers (November, December, and January) were all revised downward significantly. These changes can be seen in the modified table from Briefing.com shown below. The top half shows the actual February numbers for 3/26/07, along with the new, downwardly revised numbers for November 2006 through January 2007. (The revised numbers are underlined in red.) The bottom chart shows the predicted and previously published numbers as of Sunday, March 25th.

As can be seen from above, New Home Prices are down -0.3% for the year. Median prices for Existing Homes are down -1.3% since February 2006. (So much for the fairy tale that home prices never decline.)

Unsold New Home Inventories rose to 8.1 months-worth. This is the highest level in 16 years. This is a 27% increase from February 2006. The total number of New Homes for sale on the market was 546,000 at the end of February. Adding this number to the 3.748 million Existing Homes for Sale at the end of February gives a total number of homes for sale of 4.294 million. This is a 22% increase in total inventory of homes for sale since February 2006. (The "months-worth" of unsold inventory is higher because it takes into account the number of homes sold, which declined since February 2006)

Below is a copy of Table 2 from the Census Bureau showing the latest New Home Sales statistics. Note that the the year-to-date sales for 2007 are only 136,000 homes, compared to 177,000 at this time last year. This is a 23% decline from for New Home Sales in the first 2 months of 2007, vs. the first 2 months of 2006. (Key numbers are underlined in red.)

The longer term trend on New Home Sales can better be seen from the chart below from Briefing.com.

It's difficult to see how anyone could say that the housing crash is "bottoming out." In reality, it looks like it's crashing at a fairly consistent (and rapid) rate. In fact, today's numbers actually indicate that the crash is accelerating.

Isn't it nice to know that the subprime problem isn't "spilling over" into the prime market, or the housing market as a whole? The self-proclaimed market experts have sure called this one right, haven't they.

unlawflcombatnt

Economic Populist Forum

EconomicPopulistCommentary

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Re: Not one peep from the Right .....wonder why that is??

The foreclosure rate has risen considerably since the beginning of 2007. January's 136,116 foreclosures was the highest monthly number ever recorded by RealtyTrac. February's foreclosures declined slightly to 130,786. However, this was the 1st time 2 consecutive months had over 130,000 foreclosures. Based on January & February, the annualized foreclosure rate for 2007 was 1.6 million, much greater than 2006's foreclosure number of roughly 1.2 million. The Businessweek article discussing this can be found at: http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/mar...

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">you complete idiot.
of course house sales dropping in jan/feb/march.....
no one moves during this time..kids in school very bad time...only people that move are people that have to..

YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING DUDE

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

you tell em Einsteinless II

the ARM bloodbath forthcoming is gonna be real messy so pull your head out of your ass

The Devil

EOG Master

I BELIEVE SPITZER IS TRYING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE FORCLOSURES, SEEM HE IS CALLING A LOT OF THESE MORTGAGES "LIAR LOANS", WHERE THE PEOPLE DON'T NOW THE ADJUSTABLE RATES CAN DOUBLE OVERNIGHT.....MAYBE EVEN CONSIDER THEM FRAUD......

WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS.......LOTS OF ELDERLY AND IGNORANT PEOPLE HAVE THESE BAD LOANS.......

you tell em Einsteinless II

the ARM bloodbath forthcoming is gonna be real messy so pull your head out of your ass
If these people had of stayted within their means of living, and read what
they signed then there would not be a problem.
I don't feel for any of them.
Now I know that sounds cold, but it is fact. People signed things without
reading them or understanding them. Now Doc, you can rejoice in
their downfall and like the other Demorats try and use it as political
fodder. Fact is, this is a pure example of our sorry government schools
and greed on people behalf. NEVER buy something that stretches
your budget. If you can't afford it you don't need it!
Thats something many American NEED to learn. If you look at most
of the illegals that come from Mexico and South America you will
notice one thing, THEY LOVE CASH AND HATE CREDIT!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Funny how stating the obvious is now considered in rejoicing in the
demise of others?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

If these people had of stayted within their means of living, and read what
they signed then there would not be a problem.
I don't feel for any of them.
Now I know that sounds cold, but it is fact. People signed things without
reading them or understanding them. Now Doc, you can rejoice in
their downfall and like the other Demorats try and use it as political
fodder. Fact is, this is a pure example of our sorry government schools
and greed on people behalf. NEVER buy something that stretches
your budget. If you can't afford it you don't need it!
Thats something many American NEED to learn. If you look at most
of the illegals that come from Mexico and South America you will
notice one thing, THEY LOVE CASH AND HATE CREDIT!
I guess we can learn a whole lot from these people and countries. What about the Republic of Alabama where george W served his tour of duties?:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

I guess we can learn a whole lot from these people and countries. What about the Republic of Alabama where george W served his tour of duties?:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool
? :+clueless
Whats that got to do with the thread?
What about it? I could care less what W has done. At least he
got an education in school. What about all these ignorant, give me
another government handout uneducated DEMORAT voters?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

? :+clueless
Whats that got to do with the thread?
What about it? I could care less what W has done. At least he
got an education in school. What about all these ignorant, give me
another government handout uneducated DEMORAT voters?
You mentioned people from mexico and South America and how wise they were and I assimilated those people with the people from Alabama.....there's your connection to this thread.......anything else you need explained?????????:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

You mentioned people from mexico and South America and how wise they were and I assimilated those people with the people from Alabama.....there's your connection to this thread.......anything else you need explained?????????:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool
Man if you think thats a connection you need to get back on the
medication.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

ZZ:

watch out ... Fury is the Doctor Bill Frist of this forum so if he says to go
back on them "Meds" .... well, lite one up and pass it on!!

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

ZZ:

watch out ... Fury is the Doctor Bill Frist of this forum so if he says to go
back on them "Meds" .... well, lite one up and pass it on!!
At least he is finally right about something.........don't start bogarting that shittt!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

a few shots of Jack Daniels and you will be back telling the Royal Canadian
Mounties to "take back America"