Betting on Wrestlemania?

<table class="module" rgfloat="440,600" border="0" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="800"><tbody><tr><th colspan="3" class="moduletitle" align="left">Other Events Misc. </th><th class="moduletitle" align="left">Spread</th><th class="moduletitle" align="left">Money Line</th><th class="moduletitle" align="left">Total Points</th><th colspan="2" class="moduletitle" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">Team Total Points</th></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td colspan="8" nowrap="nowrap"><small>WWE - Wrestlemania 23 - Battle of the Billionaires - Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan - PPV</small></td></tr><tr style="height: 28px;" bgcolor="#f6f6f6" valign="bottom"><td nowrap="nowrap">Sun 4/1</td><td nowrap="nowrap">901 </td><td nowrap="nowrap">Bobby Lashley with Donald Trump</td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"><input id="radiox" value="M1_0" name="radiox" language="javascript" onclick="return OnButtonClick()" type="radio">-3000 </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td></tr><tr style="height: 28px;" bgcolor="#f6f6f6" valign="top"><td nowrap="nowrap">7:30PM (EST) </td><td nowrap="nowrap">902</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Umaga with Vince McMahon</td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"><input id="radiox" value="M2_0" name="radiox" language="javascript" onclick="return OnButtonClick()" type="radio">+1500 </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td colspan="8" nowrap="nowrap"><small>WWE - Wrestlemania 23 - World Heavyweight Title - Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan - PPV</small></td></tr><tr style="height: 28px;" bgcolor="#e9eeee" valign="bottom"><td nowrap="nowrap">Sun 4/1</td><td nowrap="nowrap">903 </td><td nowrap="nowrap">The Undertaker</td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"><input id="radiox" value="M1_1" name="radiox" language="javascript" onclick="return OnButtonClick()" type="radio">-195 </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td></tr><tr style="height: 28px;" bgcolor="#e9eeee" valign="top"><td nowrap="nowrap">7:30PM (EST) </td><td nowrap="nowrap">904</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Dave "The Animal" Batista</td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"><input id="radiox" value="M2_1" name="radiox" language="javascript" onclick="return OnButtonClick()" type="radio">+155 </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td colspan="8" nowrap="nowrap"><small>WWE - Wrestlemania 23 - WWE Title - Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan - PPV</small></td></tr><tr style="height: 28px;" bgcolor="#f6f6f6" valign="bottom"><td nowrap="nowrap">Sun 4/1</td><td nowrap="nowrap">905 </td><td nowrap="nowrap">Shawn Michaels</td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"><input id="radiox" value="M1_2" name="radiox" language="javascript" onclick="return OnButtonClick()" type="radio">-145 </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td></tr><tr style="height: 28px;" bgcolor="#f6f6f6" valign="top"><td nowrap="nowrap">7:30PM (EST) </td><td nowrap="nowrap">906</td><td nowrap="nowrap">John Cena</td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"><input id="radiox" value="M2_2" name="radiox" language="javascript" onclick="return OnButtonClick()" type="radio">+105 </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> </td></tr><tr><td>
</pre></td><td>
</pre></td><td>
</pre></td></tr></tbody></table>

Re: Betting on Wrestlemania?

<TABLE class=module borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=800 border=0 rgfloat="440,600"><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 28px" vAlign=bottom bgColor=#f6f6f6><TD noWrap>901 </TD><TD noWrap>Bobby Lashley with Donald Trump</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap><INPUT language=javascript id=radiox onclick="return OnButtonClick()" type=radio value=M1_0 name=radiox>-3000 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
LOCK CITY:cheers

<table class="module" rgfloat="440,600" border="0" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="800"><tbody><tr style="height: 28px;" bgcolor="#f6f6f6" valign="bottom"><td nowrap="nowrap">901 </td><td nowrap="nowrap">Bobby Lashley with Donald Trump</td><td nowrap="nowrap"></td><td nowrap="nowrap"><input language="javascript" id="radiox" onclick="return OnButtonClick()" value="M1_0" name="radiox" type="radio">-3000 </td></tr></tbody></table>
LOCK CITY:cheers

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

I bet on Wrestlemania during a couple of years a while ago that The Greek offered odds on most of the matches. Only $50 maximum allowed but it was fun and I got most of them right. It definitely made some of the matches a lot more exciting to watch.

cubswoo

EOG Enthusiast

All you need is an inside guy who works for the WWE and you can clean up.
I would love to see Donald Trump with his head shaved.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

I remember when I was younger, at least they made it look much more realistic.

Dusty Rhodes, Bugsy McGraw, Ric Flair, Mike Graham & Steve Kern, The Assassins, Barry Windham, The Funk Brothers..........

Hache Man

Even back then JT, weren't there like 2 different regions or types of wrestling.

I used to always watch down here in Tampa with Gordon Solie and many of the wrestlers mentioned above with others like Blackjack Mulligan, Sweet Brown Sugar, etc....

Over in the other region were guys like Superstar Billy Graham & others right?

I watched all the wrestling pay per views because we had a zapped cable box with all the channels

not sure hache probably though

UTOPIA

EOG Addicted

I figure this Cut Your Hair match, may have the fans being told :

APRIL FOOLS !!!!!!

I remember when I was younger, at least they made it look much more realistic.

Dusty Rhodes, Bugsy McGraw, Ric Flair, Mike Graham & Steve Kern, The Assassins, Barry Windham, The Funk Brothers..........

Some great names in that list. And yes, for years the NWA wrestlers like these made it seem a lot more realistic than the "circus" in the WWF.

Even back then JT, weren't there like 2 different regions or types of wrestling.

I used to always watch down here in Tampa with Gordon Solie and many of the wrestlers mentioned above with others like Blackjack Mulligan, Sweet Brown Sugar, etc....

Yes, back then the NWA was split into a lot of small regions or "territories" as they use to be called - Florida, the Mid-Atlantic (Carolinas), Georgia, the Northwest (Portland), World Class in Texas eventually, and others. Each territory would have its own set of champions and then the NWA "World" Champions would tour around the different territories facing challengers from everywhere. Even other wrestling organizations like the WWF and AWA were pretty regionalized as well at the time.

Eventually in the mid-80's, the concept of regional territories for wrestling was over. I would say the WWF had more to do with causing this at the time because they were trying to appeal more nationally instead of their traditional northeast fan base. To compete with that, the NWA started combining their territories into a bigger nationally recognized organization. This really brought out some of the best years of wrestling in our generation from 1986 to 1989, but the NWA could not financially compete and lost money for years because of all this.

I realized wrestling was fake when the Fridge lost at wrestlemania.

A pretty memorable battle royal match there. The Fridge had all the hype in that one but it was Andre The Giant who ended up winning it. And who would of thought then that a year later, we'd get one of the biggest matches ever with Andre turning heel and challenging Hulk Hogan.

Hache Man

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Hache Man

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yes, back then the NWA was split into a lot of small regions or "territories" as they use to be called - Florida, the Mid-Atlantic (Carolinas), Georgia, the Northwest (Portland), World Class in Texas eventually, and others. Each territory would have its own set of champions and then the NWA "World" Champions would tour around the different territories facing challengers from everywhere. Even other wrestling organizations like the WWF and AWA were pretty regionalized as well at the time.

Eventually in the mid-80's, the concept of regional territories for wrestling was over. I would say the WWF had more to do with causing this at the time because they were trying to appeal more nationally instead of their traditional northeast fan base. To compete with that, the NWA started combining their territories into a bigger nationally recognized organization. This really brought out some of the best years of wrestling in our generation from 1986 to 1989, but the NWA could not financially compete and lost money for years because of all this.

Thanks Reload :thumbsup

UTOPIA

EOG Addicted

.. Pete Rose is in The Wrestling Hall Of Fame; Figure he's bet on Every Wrestlemania, too..

Is Undertakers streak of never losing at Wrestlemania still going?

Yes, he still has never lost at Wrestlemania and this goes way back to Wrestlemania 7. Will be interesting to see if the streak continues against Batista. I really could see that match going either way.

dirty

EOG Master

I watched the HOF inductions last night with Mr Fuji, Dusty Rhodes, Jerry Lawler, Curt Henning, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, The Wild Somoans, Nick Bockwinkle, etc got inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame

muskatel

EOG Addicted

DETROIT - One of the world's most famous 'do's ? considered by many to be a fashion don't ? remains intact after its owner, Donald Trump, prevailed in Sunday night's "hair match" at Wrestlemania.
<SCRIPT language=javascript>if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['48jADdG_fyI-']='&U=13bpe30cd%2fN%3d48jADdG_fyI-%2fC%3d581582.10310786.10966426.2896325%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d4437055';</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>
Trump trumped World Wrestling Entertainment owner Vince McMahon in the "Battle of the Billionaires" at the WWE's largest annual pay-per-view event. After the real estate mogul and reality TV star triumphed, he gleefully took the shears to Mr. McMahon's head.

Trump and McMahon didn't actually battle it out in the ring, but instead had WWE wrestlers representing them grapple to see who would go bald. The winner, Trump's guy Bobby Lashley, bested McMahon's chosen wrestler, Umaga.

Trump wasn't just a cheerleader during the match, however ? he leaped off his feet at one point and drove McMahon into the ground, then pummeled him with some close-fisted punches.

Lashley's pinfall victory over the 300-plus-pound "Samoan Bulldozer" meant that McMahon had to yield to Trump's razor and the locks fell. Wrestling legend and action film actor "Stone Cold" Steve Austin served as the special guest referee for the match at Ford Field, home of the NFL's Detroit Lions.

It wasn't all laughs for Trump, though.

After celebrating in the ring with a cold beer ? Austin's preferred post-victory beverage ? an unsuspecting Trump was given a "Stunner" by Austin ? he had his head driven into Austin's shoulder. Lashley tended to Trump while Austin jogged toward the dressing room to the roaring approval of the crowd.

The "sports entertainment" event was held fittingly on April Fool's Day and was filled with loud music, pyrotechnics and screeching, flashbulb-snapping fans.

The Trump-McMahon showdown was one of the featured matches at the 23rd edition of the professional wrestling extravaganza, which returned to Detroit after two decades.

Wrestlemania 3, held at the Pontiac Silverdome in 1987, drew 93,000 fans and featured a seminal moment when Hulk Hogan bodyslammed Andre the Giant.

Sunday's event drew 80,103 fans, a new Ford Field record, breaking the previous record of 78,129 set during the December 2003 college Basket Bowl between Michigan State and Kentucky.

muskatel

EOG Addicted

Vince was on Fast Money last week. He said that he expected a 1.5 million ppv audience. Anybody hear how many paid for the service? The numbers have been dropping significantly in the past couple years.

A 1.5 number would be good for the stock as ppv dollars pretty much flow down to the company, which is publicly traded.

:party

Pastorsinalot

EOG Addicted

I am a die hard fan. I paid and it was ok event. not the best and not the worst.

John Cena sucks

Catsfan

EOG Enthusiast

I watched the HOF inductions last night with Mr Fuji, Dusty Rhodes, Jerry Lawler, Curt Henning, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, The Wild Somoans, Nick Bockwinkle, etc got inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame

I thought Curt Henning was dead.